Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The other day my dog (a cocker-poodle) caught a squirrel which was both horrifying and also kind of impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The JRT we had before once dived into a hedge and came out with a rabbit. He didn't kill it, he was just holding it in his mouth all proud. Mum went 'TEDDY!' all shocked and he dropped it and it ran away. From that day on he always had to check inside the Rabbit Hedge in case there was another one.

e: I am a big fan of dogs with people names. My next male pet is going to be named Brian.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My mum was out with the dog and it dragged a dead pigeon out of a hedge and wouldn't let go of it until she got him home and bribed him with something.

I have told her that she's only teaching him to try to eat everything because whenever he does he gets treats but she doesn't listen.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Footage from inside Westminster hall

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

My mum was out with the dog and it dragged a dead pigeon out of a hedge and wouldn't let go of it until she got him home and bribed him with something.

I have told her that she's only teaching him to try to eat everything because whenever he does he gets treats but she doesn't listen.

Yeah my dog once found up the remains of some small mammal and I had to pick her up and flip her upside down to get her to drop it.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

loving savages

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Tired: Independent Scotland
Wired:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

josh04 posted:

Tired: Independent Scotland
Wired:

When the icecaps melt and the Clyde Valley floods.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Our dog is a Yorkie/JRT mix and the sweetest possible girl. She's also pushing 15 and needs help jumping up on furniture and such now.

This is her, just before a haircut, attempting to get my attention at 2am from my doorway. She can't come in here, you see, because the cat is a tyrant.

Very cute dog :3:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Seeing a lot of people mention dogs and not post photos :mad:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Some reporter on Sky news earlier dropped a bollock and admitted there is no £400 in October because its going on 'Green energy'. No it isn't, we all know where its going.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Trickjaw posted:

Some reporter on Sky news earlier dropped a bollock and admitted there is no £400 in October because its going on 'Green energy'. No it isn't, we all know where its going.

I can't find anything anywhere that says we're not getting the £400 (spread over 6 months). You mentioned this yesterday. Is it something different to the £400 'everyone' is getting?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/energy-bills-support/energy-bills-support-factsheet-8-september-2022

quote:

Replacing the price cap with a new Energy Price Guarantee

The Energy Price Guarantee will ensure that a typical household in Great Britain pays an average £2,500 a year on their energy bill, for the next 2 years, from 1 October 2022.

The consumer saving will be based on usage, but a typical household will save at least £1,000 a year (based on current prices from October). Energy suppliers will be fully compensated for the cost of the Energy Price Guarantee.

£150 of this £1,000 a year saving will be delivered by temporarily suspending green levies. These costs will be transferred to the Exchequer, so customers don’t bear the costs, but benefit from the low-carbon electricity generation.

This is in addition to the £400 Energy Bills Support Scheme. This will be paid in 6 instalments from October.

The most vulnerable UK households will also continue to receive £1,200 of support provided in instalments over the year.

An additional discretionary fund will be available for those households who are outside of the schemes. For example, households not on standard gas / electricity contracts.
Suspect the sky nobber has gotten the first bolded part confused. We're still getting the £400 in october, and there's £1200 for 'vulnerable households' which I can only assume means pensioners, and everyone else has to apply and then after being refused and appealing, might get the money 2 or 3 years later, assuming they didn't freeze to death.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seeing a lot of people mention dogs and not post photos :mad:

Fine.

Kill league.

4) Lara T. Croft

Despite being an angry cat that is quick to use her claws, I'm fairly sure she is a useless hunter. Only surviving by whinging and demanding soft food from her hoo-mans.
No confirmed kills.

3) Nina T. Dogg.

Is a good (if derpy) girl. Has killed a mouse and rat.

2) Amy C. Whinehouse.

Despite her runty size and the fact that when she meows she sounds like a 20 a day smoker, she is a jungle cat.
Has killed many mice, birds and even once caught a bat in mid-flight. (It was rescued and survived.)

1) Gambit.

My families cat. Has been at the farm longer than the other animals put together. A stone cold killer. Countless mice, shrews, birds, baby ducks, water fowl and baby rabbits have fallen to his claws. Is found of humans. Is annoyed by the dog and new baby.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

My dog is a big softie. She 'caught' a rabbit the other day and did what she always does with small animals (cats included) - tries to pin it down and wash between its ears like a puppy. Gives them a good lick, then lies there staring at them til they get the courage to bugger off, terrified and smelling of dog.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OzyMandrill posted:

My dog is a big softie. She 'caught' a rabbit the other day and did what she always does with small animals (cats included) - tries to pin it down and wash between its ears like a puppy. Gives them a good lick, then lies there staring at them til they get the courage to bugger off, terrified and smelling of dog.

That's loving adorable. Please show us your dog.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

p.s we are turning the fossil fuel earthquake machines back on

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I can't find anything anywhere that says we're not getting the £400 (spread over 6 months). You mentioned this yesterday. Is it something different to the £400 'everyone' is getting?

Yeah, you know the payment in April (iirc) that, went to people on ESA, IB, DLA etc. Rishi's little gift to the very worst off.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Oooooh lah di dah look at you and your source of heat, get a load of mr money bags over here

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My house was cold as gently caress this morning. I'm sitting with a heated pad behind me and a sleevy blanket over me and I am comfy as hell. Not sure it'll hold up once the temp plunges but I can add layers. We're thinking we'll run the heat down at like 15C or something and then layer up. My mum is a disabled pensioner and I'm going to be keeping a sharp eye on her. If she starts suffering from the chilliness I'm going to turn the heat up and tell the energy companies to gently caress right off, I suppose.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

HopperUK posted:

That's loving adorable. Please show us your dog.

When you get the scritches just right, she smiles at you :D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OzyMandrill posted:

Top class, 10/10, thank you

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OzyMandrill posted:

What make of dog is this?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

HopperUK posted:

My house was cold as gently caress this morning. I'm sitting with a heated pad behind me and a sleevy blanket over me and I am comfy as hell. Not sure it'll hold up once the temp plunges but I can add layers. We're thinking we'll run the heat down at like 15C or something and then layer up. My mum is a disabled pensioner and I'm going to be keeping a sharp eye on her. If she starts suffering from the chilliness I'm going to turn the heat up and tell the energy companies to gently caress right off, I suppose.

You'll just end up in court ( or your poor mam will). Best thing if things take a downward turn is get her in hospital, and start blasting the papers with the situation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What make of dog is this?

Think it's a Kia

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Problem is hot water. I wish solar water heating wasnt so utterly poo poo for taking a hot shower unless it's summer.

I do not have a dog but here is my best friend's doggo, Milo. He's happy!

Bonus catte:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yay dogchat.

Rosie is some kind of terrier combo mixed with chihuahua, definitely a wannabe mouser, and when she hears a rustling in the walls from the one guy who lives there she'll definitely spend 15 mins aggressively snorting at the skirting board trying to flush him out.

Also, intense hatred of all birds, and when she gets her duck toy in a death grip she can definitely apply a neck-snapping amount of force

A noble idiot, pictured at her most in need of a haircut.

And then right after!

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 17, 2022

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Palestinian flag at half mast at Forest Green Rovers. Much respect.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Failed Imagineer posted:

A noble idiot, pictured at her most in need of a haircut

Please don't doxx me

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I got Alex Belfield and Levi Bellfield muddled up and was really confused about how a killer in prison had carried out a stalking campaign.

I wonder why the jury found him guilty of stalking four male victims but not guilty of stalking the four female victims. Reading between the lines, the judge disagreed because he's handed Belfield a lifetime restraining order banning him from contacting them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I have a tiny little EU flag on my wheelchair so that people notice my chair, and it's still causing great offence. Some posh tory twat came up to me today all polite in the supermarket, and said "I like the flag, BUT IT'S THE WRONG FLAG!"... looked at me sternly, then walked off.

All I could do was laugh from under my mask. It's such an effective trolling tool.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

The Question IRL posted:

Back in 2020, I had this huge infestation of mice into my attic. I started using humane traps to catch and release them into the wild*. I started naming them with individual letters of the alphabet and ended up looping around to AO, so there was 42 of them caught by the end. I even took to recording them and putting it online since it was the Pandemic and we were all a bit bored/mad.

My experience with caught mice is they are terrified of everything and just want to find something to stress eat and/or escape.

*= It also made me realize it's pointless to use kill traps on mice.

that's terrifying

i haev one in the attic of my new place at the moment, actually - i think it came in with the new insulation that was put down a couple of weeks ago

poor thing must be itchy af

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

stev posted:

Mice have never, ever fallen for any of the humane traps I've tried. The ones in my flat are crafty bastards.

one christmas i had one gnaw a hole in the side of the humane trap so it could get the chocolate out without getting stuck inside lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

lool look at them honkies go

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
You want Nutella or peanut butter to bait your traps - They go mad for it. Chocolate is not good for them however. Condensed milk also works, and weirdly yazoo strawberry milkshake.

Source: 20 bloody years working with lab mice/30 owning a cat. Peanut butter has yet to fail overnight at work or at home.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

fuctifino posted:

"I like the flag, BUT IT'S THE WRONG FLAG!"

i like the abstract concept of flags, but

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had a solitary mouse visitor for a couple of weeks who would pop out from behind the kickboard in the kitchen and venture out into the other rooms. Totally ignored all the live catch and poison traps. Ultimately caught him by waiting until he was in another room and then putting down a line of sticky pads across the kitchen door threshold, then making a banging noise to spook him into running back into the kitchen and onto the pads. Haven't seen any others since then, but have been behind all the kitchen units plugging holes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Grey Hunter posted:

You want Nutella or peanut butter to bait your traps - They go mad for it. Chocolate is not good for them however. Condensed milk also works, and weirdly yazoo strawberry milkshake.

Source: 20 bloody years working with lab mice/30 owning a cat. Peanut butter has yet to fail overnight at work or at home.

This.
I had a mouse somewhere in my bedroom, thought ti was in the walls, but after I caught it found out it was in my bed base.
And I used a humane plastic tilt trap with nutella and a bit of a peanut bar.
20 mins after placing it, it was caught.
Walked a few 100m down the road and let it go into a ditch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Sorry I didn't post my dog earlier. This is Molly and she is an arsehole.