Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Guavanaut posted:

"click here for warez" *lid flies open and the contents of the British Museum fly out of the casket*
Or the Queen Mummy.

Edit: drat, what a snipe. Have a picture of the best dogge, who is currently curled up on the bed next to me.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Scientastic posted:

No, we literally did not have heat or hot water, that was money we had to spend on food. The cats were fine, we spent a lot of time under duvets.

I wouldn’t recommend it, it wasn’t much fun, but it is doable, the four of us survived.

That's really :smith: and unfair. My understanding is that British homes are awfully isolated so it's understandable that just a little bit less heating won't do much.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Hey good news - the current wait time for a tribunal is 3½ years.

Hmmm guess I'll prepare for a sudden lump sum payment around christmas 2025 then :pwn:

EdBlackadder posted:

There's a mandatory review they do before the formal tribunal though, went through this with my mother in law (who got a more appropriate score and several months back pay). Citizens Advice Bureau had the criteria so I recorded her myself and put that in a letter pointing out the errors of fact on her medical conditions as well.

Yeah but apparently the dwp will almost always find the dwp did nothing wrong in that

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

suck my woke dick posted:

applied for pip a while ago, got a decision letter today

their result: i got 0 points in all categories for a total of 0 :lol:

their justification is entirely bullshit and completely ignores the actual problems my medical evidence says i have and instead makes some bullshit argument why i don't have issues with things i never claimed were my main problem. guess it's time to waste some dwp time with the mandatory reconsideration and then go to tribunal and tell the panel that the dwp obviously didn't even try to maintain the appearance of giving me a fair shot so gently caress em :laffo:

God this sounds so loving familiar. I got so sick of the ESA and PIP claim rigmarole with Missus Dickus that I formed a limited company and split my income with her out of spite.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Baddiel was trending on twitter just now so I had to look....

https://twitter.com/mortgagebeaky/status/1570812220170436609

Saw this travel program him and Hugh Dennis did where they travel Northern Africa. They both came across as absolute wankers but one line stuck with me, where when their car runs out of petrol and they stop at some garage in the middle of the night and a bunch of Africans come out to help them and Baddiel goes "This feels like the closest I've ever been to a terrorist cell!"

Racist wee prick so he is.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Also, 99% sure it's wrong because he's probably been to Israel and gone to see the Knesset.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Gonzo McFee posted:

Saw this travel program him and Hugh Dennis did where they travel Northern Africa. They both came across as absolute wankers but one line stuck with me, where when their car runs out of petrol and they stop at some garage in the middle of the night and a bunch of Africans come out to help them and Baddiel goes "This feels like the closest I've ever been to a terrorist cell!"

Racist wee prick so he is.

That's loving grotesque

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1571204285098037248

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If Truss manages to euthanise the "Special Relationship" within a few weeks of getting the job, there would be extremely good.

https://twitter.com/EmmaLBriant/status/1571351774275010560?t=qgGgFm6vMMsvhUHRIVXxgg&s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1571449366627651585

A very serious, normal country.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The invention of language, the wheel, discovery of fire, human flight, space travel, the birth and death of dozens of messiahs of various religions? The birth and death of every other monarch and ruler in human history? No. Are Liz.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I mean, it could be the starting point for a wild spiral of events starting WWIII, can't say for sure just yet

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nadine Dorries has deleted her twitter account. I wonder what she's running away from?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looking forward to lindsay hoyle throwing himself off the top of big ben on monday having realized that existence has peaked and there is no more reason to continue as we have achieved our purpose by burying the queen.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Hoyle's a useless prick anyway.

Bercow bullying his staff was obviously poo poo, but I at least got the impression that he was passionate about trying to modernise Parliament where possible, and that he considered our execrable voter turnout a real problem to be fixed.
Hoyle, meanwhile, is 100% about decorum and making sure people are wearing smart clothes. Like, who gives a poo poo when cunts like Johnson and Truss are running the goverment?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
https://twitter.com/rememberyourb12/status/1571457897770504194

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Boo hiss - my sister is having a funeral watching party at her house tomorrow and I'm not invited.
Can't think why not. Ahem.
:qq:

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Boo hiss - my sister is having a funeral watching party at her house tomorrow and I'm not invited.
Can't think why not. Ahem.
:qq:

Seems very unfair not to invite you to the most important event in the history of the planet!!

Think I'm going to go for a walk on the South Downs, try to escape it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might see if I can get a bit of work done if any of my stores are open long enough but otherwise I have workers and resources soviet republic to play. Only froze a thousand or so people to death last winter and have just solved the city filling up with poo by building a pipe to dump it in the river so things are looking up!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

I might see if I can get a bit of work done if any of my stores are open long enough but otherwise I have workers and resources soviet republic to play. Only froze a thousand or so people to death last winter and have just solved the city filling up with poo by building a pipe to dump it in the river so things are looking up!

Are you sure that's a Soviet Republic? Sounds more like Tory Britain to me. The death count is a little low, but that just means you're not a very good Tory.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Only froze a thousand or so people to death last winter and have just solved the city filling up with poo by building a pipe to dump it in the river so things are looking up!

Your sewage strategy is solid but thats a rookie k/d ratio if you ever want to be a Tory MP

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The difference is that I don't even make any money from doing those things so it's actually just because I am bad at my job rather than active malevolence.

Also there are only seven thousand people in the country so as a percentage that's quite impressive. I have solved the loyalty problems from people dying by building more statues.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Getting het up about this is so dumb though, IMO. All this is is his tongue outpacing his brain, then it gets quoted verbatim as if he literally thinks it’s The Most Important Event In Human History, and then Left Twitter wastes all day dunking on it.

(Not that I think Hoyle isn’t a melt, obviously)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I'm absolutely going to still be asleep. I don't get up before noon on a day off for nobody.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Answers Me posted:

Getting het up about this is so dumb though, IMO. All this is is his tongue outpacing his brain, then it gets quoted verbatim as if he literally thinks it’s The Most Important Event In Human History, and then Left Twitter wastes all day dunking on it.

If he can't speak good maybe his job shouldn't be the speaker idk

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Answers Me posted:

Let people have their fun, what else are they gonna be doing while the whole country is Respectfully Cancelled

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I gotta go to work tomorrow, it's the first day of Fresher's Week

I'm sure all the first year students are gonna be really pleased and sympathetic when everything grinds to a halt on the first day of one of the more important weeks in their university lives

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just heard, the UK is changing to a new calendar and time system.
The 24 hour clock is being moved. Instead of 0000 being midnight, it will now start when the Queen is finally laid to rest.
Monday to be permanently renamed to Mournday, and will now be an extra day of rest.
A new law will be shortly passed so that everything will stop on this day
2022 AD will cease to exist from Tuesday onward. Instead it will now be 1 AL (After Liz).

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 18, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Just heard, the UK is changing to a new calendar and time system.
The 24 hour clock is being moved. Instead of 0000 being midnight, it will now start when the Queen is finally laid to rest.
Monday to be permanently renamed to Mournday, and will now be an extra day of rest.
A new law will be shortly passed so that everything will stop on this day
2022 AD will cease to exist from Tuesday onward. Instead it will now be 1 AL (After Liz).

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
MourningBalls: just watched the W*men's S*ccer on BBC - and yes, a 1-minute-silence at the start, fair enough, she's not even in the ground yet, :rolleyes: fiiiiiiiiiiine :rolleyes:, but there was also some sort of (organised?) pause-and-applause thing at 70 mins in, marking 70 years on the throne.

Deeply weird. I mean, women playing football? What will they think of next! :thejoke: :dadjoke:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

After searching the whole house for my HBO Rome 1&2 dvds (found in middle drawer of clothes chest :confused: ) i'm set for an all day cornucopia of politics, debauchery and death... much better than watching tv all day. :kiddo:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

suck my woke dick posted:

Yeah but apparently the dwp will almost always find the dwp did nothing wrong in that
This is true - the DWP run the mandatory reconsideration, so they just stall you for a few more months hoping you'll 'disappear from the statistics,' and then send you a letter and a copy of the decision maker's form saying "no, we definitely did nothing wrong."

Then you get to appeal to the HM Courts & Tribunal Service, who are independent in the sense that they're not the DWP, but they are still the government. Apparently this is where most cases are overturned, but the new tactic seems to be to delay the tribunal - again, long enough that the appellant either dies or is forced into exploitative labour, at which point the DWP can go "Aha, so you CAN work; tribunal closed."

E: To give you an idea of timescale:

August 2021 - I submitted claim.
November 2021 - Examination at DWP centre.
November 2021 - They refused claim*
November 2021 - I requested reconsideration
December 2021 - They refused reconsideration**
January 2022 - I requested tribunal
June 2022 - They said tribunal would go ahead

* Actually told yes you are disabled, yes it was caused by the previous job, but no it's not enough for us to pay you - effective refusal.
** This time with 'we don't even think you have the condition.'

In June this year I was told the evidence had been accepted and the tribunal would go ahead on the 'next available day' after the middle of July. On calling to check on the progress of the claim 2 weeks ago (having assumed the DWP had 'lost' my invite), I was told the backlog is currently 190 weeks.

Not days, not hours, weeks. Just over 3 years, not including the 4 months to apply, be refused, get the reconsideration and then be refused that as well. It's poo poo. It's inhuman. This is going to have killed people, and the people responsible will face zero consequences.

E2: clearer layout of timescale.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 18, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Poppymass is going to be a friggin' nightmare this year with all the Respect Police out in force.

https://twitter.com/SaimaMir/status/1571430327054397445

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
news reporters fawning over people talking about how they've made their children stay out in the cold all night with no sleep rather than, you know, ringing the social to report child abuse

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Woman on the bbc saying their 12 year old couldn't handle the queue so they had to go home but they're back again today with the kid to put them through another 11 hours of hell.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Mr Phillby posted:

Woman on the bbc saying their 12 year old couldn't handle the queue so they had to go home but they're back again today with the kid to put them through another 11 hours of hell.

r/QueueAnonCasualties

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My daughter and I are going to have an Indiana Jones marathon tomorrow, watching ALL THREE movies instead of the funeral, with Bombay mix and custard creams.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Scientastic posted:

My daughter and I are going to have an Indiana Jones marathon tomorrow, watching ALL THREE movies instead of the funeral, with Bombay mix and custard creams.

Why are you skipping Temple of Doom?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
theyre filming number 5 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I heard one reporter call the queue a "healing moment" so now the queue itself has become holy.