Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's amazing how well the pro-life poo poo worked to break the brains of the right.

"She was prochoice, that is not a Christian stance." would have made no sense to Christian ethicists in the 60s, where the more Protestant ones held "well, the fetus is not a soul, but it is still a very serious decision to be made between the individual and God" (i.e. a choice) and the reason that Anglicans eventually acquiesced to a 24 week limit was in part due to writings about ensoulment and quickening going back to St. Thomas Aquinas.

The last 800 years of Christianity = not Christian. The past 50 years of Evangelical warbling = Christian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yeah that is the central thesis of american hyper protestantism, everyone else is doing christianity wrong except the one guy who leads my particular sect. The latest refinement is simply that everything you personally dislike is doing christianity wrong and/or satanic.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Jesus christ freep, clover ape?

That one took me a second to parse. That's a slur on Irish I assume? What the hell...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

I mean yeah that is the central thesis of american hyper protestantism, everyone else is doing christianity wrong except the one guy who leads my particular sect. The latest refinement is simply that everything you personally dislike is doing christianity wrong and/or satanic.

Ironically with the death of Lizzie just happening, the episcopalians in the US/anglicans in Canada are by far the least poo poo of the mainstream churches, protestant or catholic. They ran a queer support youth group with priests that didn't give a poo poo if you believed in either that denomination or Jesus or God, they just actually did the Jesus thing of helping people, in my hometown. When I was in Ontario I volunteered with a group that collected and distributed excess crops and restaurant waste to shelters. Saint George's Cathedral of Kingston, the local big fancy historic anglican joint, had a very large garden and held land out of town that was cultivated. They held free community meals more than a few times a week, and dumped endless amounts of fresh fruits and veggies on us, so we could prepare them and take them to homeless and women's shelters. My hot-blooded franco-american ashkenazi heart hates to say it, but over here they are by far the most christ-like christians in most places I go. Kinda weird that Charles of the Sausage Fingers is the anglican Pope, but eh, keep it coming.

Greek Orthodox cathedral here took in all the defecting russians and ukrainians here, because the Patriarch of Moscow is a vatnik puppet, so that's my second fave. They gave us nearly 300 dollars and a bunch of baby formula and diapers without us even being in need, because we mentioned having preemies. Cool poo poo, please leave southern baptists and roman nonces.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 11, 2022

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Finagle posted:

Jesus christ freep, clover ape?

That one took me a second to parse. That's a slur on Irish I assume? What the hell...

Yeah that's how I understood it. Also a wonderful demonstration of how willing white supremacists are to make a nationality, religion, or ethnicity an un-person as long as it suits their interests. The US was racist as gently caress against the Irish until they weren't.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

This signature is a level of sad that's hard to put to words -

"285 posted on 09/09/2022 9:53:19 AM PDT by OneVike (Just another Christian waiting to go home)"

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

freeper posted:

19 year old blue-haired millennial FB mod

refreshing to see that boomer freepers still don't understand that there are generations after millennials

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
I love the freeper who's like "when I went to X country every single person I met disliked me immediately so that's how I know they all hate America"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
That Freeper just had to learn to hate the right ethnic groups. If they'd gone over to Europe and started chatting about how the Roma were all subhuman thieves they would've been everyone's best friend.

Still remembering that one post from ages ago where that Freeper talked about how he was on a bus or trolley in Italy and they got pickpocketed by a Roma and chased him down and pinned him to the ground and everyone stood up and cheered for him and praised America.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
InfoWars alumni Millie Weaver with breaking news on Christian Nationalist favorite Mike Lindell!
Mike Lindell's Phone Seized by FBI

OP posted:

Millie Weaver 🇺🇸 @Millie__Weaver Breaking: FBI agents just surrounded Mike Lindell and executed a search warrant seizing his cell phone! 4:47 PM · Sep 13, 2022 ·Twitter Web App

quote:

To: Jyotishi

They are NOT getting my pillow.

25 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:17:45 AM by mware
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

quote:

To: shadowlands1960

This is insane.

It is only the beginning.

38 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:21:24 AM by Lazamataz (The firearms I own today, are the firearms I will die with. How I die will be up to them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

This is getting ridiculous. What country is this?

14 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:13:03 AM by beethovenfan (The REAL Great Reset will be when Jesus returns. )

quote:

To: RoseofTexas

“I don’t understand. He knew what was going on with all the subpoenas and all the swatting and raiding and he still carried his phone full of info?”

He probably didn’t think they would come for his phone.

He was probably on the lookout for someone trying to jab him with a poison needle on an umbrella.

Satan is getting desperate.

15 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:13:39 AM by jeffersondem
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

You are assuming his phone is full of “info”.

Highly unlikely as he is a smart guy.

32 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:20:05 AM by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)

quote:

The pendulum will swing the other way on these criminals

20 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:15:42 AM by tflabo (Truth or tyranny )

quote:

To: tflabo

I think we all should commit ourselves to nothing less than the complete destruction of the FBI and the delegation of their powers to the State AGs... by legal means of course...

29 posted on 09/13/2022 5:18:28 PM PDT by shadowlands1960 ("...some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again... " CSL)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

quote:

Well, it’s getting pretty obvious. The war is about to start...

39 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:23:22 AM by unread ("It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required." W. Churchill.)

As opposed to vulture capitalism and bad management :rolleyes:

quote:

To: SoConPubbie

Lindell has already destroyed Bed, Bath & Beyond by selling his pillows elsewhere. I’d watch out for him if I were the FBI.

60 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:29:02 AM by firebrand ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

quote:

To: KingLudd

Agreed. What if the powers that be , decide that Free Republic is a threat to democracy??? All of us on this site, could find ourselves in trouble.

72 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:32:34 AM by Dilbert San Diego
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego

American Thinker suspended their comment section the day after J6. I have no doubt that when the sh*t goes down, we will no longer have means to communicate with each other... this site will definitely be shuttered...

77 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:35:34 AM by shadowlands1960 ("...some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again... " CSL)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All

If they shut down FR, we can go to DU and take over.

85 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:41:44 AM by Karoo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Are you okay RoseOfTexas?

quote:

To: G Larry

Stop it!…they are not panicking! They want to destroy trumps movement! Anybody that gets in its way will end up like the J6 prisoners without a court hearing without nothing …thrown in jail like a sack of potatoes to rot behind bars! No sympathy no regret no justice more like the concentration camps Hitler ran! Satan never panics he destroys! And that’s where we’re at right now. The evil Gestapo Garland and their Fuhrer Hitler biden are out to snuff out anybody that gets in their way! Don’t think for one hot minute they don’t have plans to assassinate Trump if they can’t stop the movement!

41 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:23:40 AM by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

To: God luvs America

How many times do I have to say it. I don’t know I’m just saying that they’ve got a hit list on all of trumps associates. Either they’ll be swatted, or raided or they’ll confiscate their phones. If they can do it to a congressman they can do it to anybody. I apologize if I offended people here but sometimes you have to be smart. He knows that he’s on the FBI and the DOJ’s hit list. Don’t take your phone with you anywhere if you are in the crosshairs Of this evil evil Gestapo administration!

96 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:54:26 AM by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

I'm proud I didn't serve under the Bush Administration!

quote:

I’m really glad when the FBI called me to come in for a job interview 18 years ago I told them no. I don’t think, I would have ever compromised my principals to be a modern day gestapo agent.

But who knows if I ever would have had a “sudden accident” if I voiced my displeasure at the way the agency operates.

107 posted on 9/14/2022, 1:30:29 AM by SlipperySlope99

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Milly Weaver about to go Randy Weaver.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Freep posted:

You are assuming his phone is full of “info”.

Highly unlikely as he is a smart guy.

32 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:20:05 AM by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)

:lol:

Their champion is a cracked-out foam salesman in a cheap suit, getting by on scamming even more gullible rubes.

No one is gonna shut down FR, there's no point. These people are pathetic.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Lazamataz posted:

38 posted on 9/14/2022, 12:21:24 AM by Lazamataz (The firearms I own today, are the firearms I will die with. How I die will be up to them.)

I know they like their guns, but letting your guns decide how you'll die seems a bit much.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't that called russian roulette?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Hey man what's the point of owning Chinese mystery pistols if you never fire them.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

quote:

They are NOT getting my pillow.

lmao

Freep: They may take our lives, but they will never take MyPillow!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I know they like their guns, but letting your guns decide how you'll die seems a bit much.

It should be noted that I personally have Laz down as "Freeper most likely to shoot up a Mosque/Synagogue."

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Jagged Jim posted:

It should be noted that I personally have Laz down as "Freeper most likely to shoot up a Mosque/Synagogue."

That's like saying you have water down as wet.

Dude is up there in terms of hatred and he's a lot more proactive than the rest.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Not even eternal damnation can deter brave patriot laz

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

Not even eternal damnation can deter brave patriot laz

He’s the only one I can recall from there that makes Final Solution references. He did exactly that for the children’s caravan that arrived at the US border years ago, complete with a Zyklon B poster :smithicide:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

lmao

Freep: They may take our lives, but they will never take MyPillow!

holy poo poo. Maybe instead of cash for guns, police just need to do mypillow for guns! Then the grift can go full circle!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Icon Of Sin posted:

He’s the only one I can recall from there that makes Final Solution references. He did exactly that for the children’s caravan that arrived at the US border years ago, complete with a Zyklon B poster :smithicide:

Yeah it was met with "I'm sad that this means we won't see you in heaven" by the other freepers

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Xiahou Dun posted:

Dude is up there in terms of hatred and he's a lot more proactive than the rest.
He's not proactive, he desperately wants a Hitler to follow but he'll never do anything of his own accord. That doesn't stop him from believing he'll be the leader when the revolution comes, just as soon as they all see how great he is. He's one of the saddest freepers, just in terms own how badly he seems to need attention/admiration/respect.

edit: He's the "my uncle works at Nintendo" freeper. (Max Americana is the "I invented Nintendo" freeper.)

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 17, 2022

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This Is the Zodiac posted:

(Max Americana is the "I invented Nintendo" freeper.)

But he greenlit Iron Man! True story!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I kind of believe the guy with a life-long hatred of Jim Henson for once knocking over his ladder or messing up his window-washing or whatever it was in the early 60s.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I AM GRANDO posted:

I kind of believe the guy with a life-long hatred of Jim Henson for once knocking over his ladder or messing up his window-washing or whatever it was in the early 60s.

I think this was also dalereed. Other hatreds included:
Hats
Car radios
Anything that wasn’t a fast car
The general concept of safety

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Dalereed was a lot more fun when you pictured him as a one-scene gag character in a muppet movie that somehow just kept existing for decades afterwards.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
He really was unique; that one photo of him was just so on-point you'd be able to guess his character without having even read anything he'd posted.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Dale Reed is just an alternate universe Cotton Hill who never got his knees shot off.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dale Reed is just an alternate universe Cotton Hill who never got his knees shot off.

I wonder what profession Reed jr got into and became a weird ascetic about because his first boss was more of a father to him despite his many flaws

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I wonder what profession Reed jr got into and became a weird ascetic about because his first boss was more of a father to him despite his many flaws

Haberdasher.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Zwabu posted:

But he greenlit Iron Man! True story!

Actually I think he claims he greenlit Iron Man 2, because I feel like I remember a lot of posters making a joke about him being the only one smart enough to greenlight the sequel to one of the most successful movies of all time.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Fortunately I found the post.

quote:

The guy that invented them is a long hair hippy freak!!!

I was installing a new cannopy on the Ambassador Hotel in LA when this freak came up and asked me where he could find rthe muppets?

I responded, what the hell is a muppett, a hairlip puppet having never heard of a muppett and have no idea what one is today!

The hippy really got upset!!

11 posted on 7/23/2012, 10:53:42 PM by dalereed

Also have a fun dalereed post I found when I got that one.

quote:

To: tubebender
That doesn't compute!

I siphoned leaded gas 4 or 5 times a day for 40 years and drank a ton and at 65 I still weigh the same as when I graduated from high school.

The lead danger is total crock. We chewed lead for gum durring WW2, all cans used to be soldered with lead, food was packed in lead foil and water piping was pure lead (there are still buildings in Los Angeles with lead water pipes) and some of the most briliant people of the 19th and 20th century were subjected to all of the above.
20 posted on 4/12/2003, 7:57:54 PM by dalereed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Those posts make it seem like he lived in LA, which makes sense for him attending the freepmeet, but is all the more fun imagining an ancient reactionary Larry David wandering about LA in 2015 (when did he die again? You could tell me anywhere from 2015-2021 and I’d believe it)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I don't remember the date exactly, but his last post on Freep was iirc August of 2016. He definitely didn't live to see Trump get elected, but he was a big Trump supporter. Which is weird considering his opinions on hats.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
dalereed posts by comparison to the white supremacist poo poo they share now were a joy to read. Dale had quality posts in a sea of dreck.The image of a hateful old golem pecking away at his keyboard to emasculate another freeper for having a radio in their car is immensely funny.

As to current living personalities one particular freeper I've come to observe is ChicagoConservative27. This freeper is a, if not the, top poster on the site. The majority of the content they share is white supremacist garbage like this from Breitbart. Outside of Breitbart ChicagoConservative27 other preferred sources are drivel from the likes of NY Post, The Hill, and Fox News.
Elie Mystal: ‘White People Turn Violent When They Don’t Politically Get Their Way All the drat Time in This Country’

quote:

I think you're confusing the white folks with BLM and antifa. 🙄🙄 STFU
1 posted on 9/18/2022, 2:36:36 AM by ChicagoConservative27
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27
Karl Marx: “Accuse Your Enemy Of What You Are Doing, As You Are Doing It To Create Confusion.”

3 posted on 9/18/2022, 2:42:24 AM by jonrick46 (Leftnicks chase illusions of motherships at the end of the pier.)

quote:

Why is it that blacks are the first to bring up race?

6 posted on 9/18/2022, 2:47:54 AM by caver

quote:

I wouldn’t know Elie Mystal from Ellie Mae Clampett, but he, she or it is obviously a bigot.

17 posted on 9/18/2022, 3:06:41 AM by Some Fat Guy in L.A. (Still bitterly clinging to rational thought despite its unfashionability)

quote:

Black people turn violent when they wake up in the morning.

29 posted on 9/18/2022, 3:33:39 AM by Sgt_Schultze (When your business model depends on slave labor, you're always going to need more slaves)

quote:

Whatever. Deal with it.

30 posted on 9/18/2022, 3:36:00 AM by skeeter
Real Master Race poo poo there guys :rolleyes:

There really aren't any quality posters on freep anymore. The good ones are already dead.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I enjoy the Freep lore, as I've only been reading this thread for a couple of years. What's the picture of dalereed?

I keep diving into Fox comments, dredging up poo poo pearls for this thread. Then I get too depressed by how awful they are to go about posting them. :smith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I enjoy the Freep lore, as I've only been reading this thread for a couple of years. What's the picture of dalereed?

It’s a single pic, with him being exactly as old as you think he is. His hand is dwarfing the beer can he’s holding, and I’m pretty sure there was a big pack of smokes clearly visible somewhere.

His headstone should read

“That which is not dead may eternal lie
with strange aeons even death may lay down in the street and die”

edit: found the pic in it our own site archives. This post is now cursed.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 18, 2022

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Icon Of Sin posted:

It’s a single pic, with him being exactly as old as you think he is. His hand is dwarfing the beer can he’s holding, and I’m pretty sure there was a big pack of smokes clearly visible somewhere.

His headstone should read

“That which is not dead may eternal lie
with strange aeons even death may lay down in the street and die”

edit: found the pic in it our own site archives. This post is now cursed.

My God, that's almost too perfect. That picture is the quintessential essence of the 70's to early 00's right wing nutter.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Icon Of Sin posted:

The thing he's holding is the pack of smokes. It's commonly mistaken for a beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
This is like a warm blanket.
Oh you don't want SmartMeters installed because the radio waves give you a headache? How about we cut your power and you loving die! How about that!?
Refuse to pay 'Smart Meter' op-out fees

quote:

To: Libertynotfree

thank you for this post. i’ve been fighting pg&e smart meters since their inception. and yes they are now trying to shake us down for an “opt out” fee. i actually had to stand in the way of my fenced off and locked analog meter to keep one from being installed.

3 posted on 3/22/2012, 4:36:03 PM by dadfly

quote:

To: dadfly

I suggest that they should shut off your electricity!!

15 posted on 03/22/2012 6:15:29 PM PDT by dalereed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: dalereed

really. do you work for pg&e?

36 posted on 03/22/2012 9:44:29 PM PDT by dadfly
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: dadfly

Hell no but if you want a human to read your meter, pay for it and don’t expect me to subsidize your paranoia!

37 posted on 03/22/2012 9:51:12 PM PDT by dalereed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: dalereed

LOL, oh, don’t worry, they are making us pay. rates are up for everyone i talk to (you’d think they’d go down at least for a little while since these meters are so smart), we have to a 75 dollar “setup” for nothing in our case and a monthly fine or surcharge. and for those who just want their old meter back, they get to pay for their old meter and installation.

some people are apparently so “paranoid” that they are having headaches and trouble sleeping with these meters installed on their bedroom walls.

this of course doesn’t even get into the tyranny CARB, CPUC and PG&E are unilaterally imposing on us with no legislative mandate whatsoever.

but, thanks for your input. moving on.

39 posted on 03/22/2012 10:34:50 PM PDT by dadfly
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies ]