Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Jakabite posted:

It’s the life time of service stuff that gets me. WHAT SERVICE??? Like what the gently caress are they talking about. It’s absolutely the strangest part of all this that a random family who get to live lives of untold luxury with every need met at all times have managed to PR half the country into thinking that THEY served THEM.

There's a kind of Schrodinger's Monarch thing going on here. The Queen gave decades of service and worked hard for are cuntry but when you ask people why she didn't fix all the poo poo that's going on they're like "oh uh it's a constitutional monarchy her hands were tied..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/shahryar_sultan/status/1571811768946642946

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Someone on Gogglebox was weeping like "She didn't get to have a family life, she was too busy protecting us!!!"

Firstly, all she did was hang out with her mutated nonce family. Secondly, Liz wouldn't have even slowed down if her Land Rover drove over your child's skull

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I must have missed when Lizzie picked up an AK and fought in Iraq

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maintaining the legitimacy of hierarchy, Anglo supremacy, and Christian nationalism is the service :ssh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fuctifino posted:

Seen in Bristol

I know exactly where this is, I used to walk past it every day on the way to work :stare:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

bump_fn posted:

i’m sure there’s a specific psychological term for when you have an emotional belief and so you just invent rationalizations to defend it

That's literally all beliefs. But some post-hoc justifications are better than others.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/gracepetrie/status/1571445088307347456

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maintained my record of sleeping off a hangover during royal events how was it, was it poo poo

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

You can clearly see that he is dragging his feet on the ground as they take him away. Reportedly he also had 'blades' with him. A dangerous, hardened criminal!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
that was uncalled for.

Not like it was a skateboard he was on.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/levvity/status/1571817222699634688
:pusheen:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

lol

so what is the purpose of televising a funeral anyway, do people make bets on the coffin suddenly popping open and the corpse running away or what? :confused:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Nenonen posted:

lol

so what is the purpose of televising a funeral anyway, do people make bets on the coffin suddenly popping open and the corpse running away or what? :confused:

I only want to see the funerals where the bodies fly out.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Historical irony aside, it's funny to just imagine hysterical Britishers glitching out and placing bouquets into postboxes, on traffic lights, and roundabouts, possibly while clipping through scenery

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nenonen posted:

lol

Yeah, it's not uncommon for the undead to protest about being entombed in a wooden box for the rest of eternity. There was quite a chase to get her in there in the first place, as this leaked CCTV image from Balmoral highlights

e: Oh no, that's recent. She's escaped!

She's really let her mask slip now

Now she's super pissed:

don't do drugs, kids...

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 19, 2022

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
being trapped in the airport makes me wish I was at a funeral. my own

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

that was uncalled for.

Not like it was a skateboard he was on.
Getting arrested on suspicion of conspiring to ollie the casket.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/iandunt/status/1571842791667552258?s=46&t=9r4ajwS23Q_RzJyqLBCTqQ

Unhinged. Wasn’t this guy one of the main mouthpieces of FBPE? I feel like these sort of people (the sensible, rational centrist, or however they see themselves) would have been confidently republican a few years ago. What happened? There must be more to it than ‘Corbyn broke their brains’.

I guess it’s a similar trajectory to New Atheists in their pivot to being reactionaries. From ‘sceptics in the pub’ to.. whatever this is

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just had a nap after work and had a dream about eating a really big pizza, so now I’m awake and I fancy making a pizza but everything is loving closed.

Having to go to work on the extra bank holiday was one thing but now they’re really loving with me personally.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Boris didn't look happy over his kids being invited

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Answers Me posted:

Unhinged. Wasn’t this guy one of the main mouthpieces of FBPE? I feel like these sort of people (the sensible, rational centrist, or however they see themselves) would have been confidently republican a few years ago. What happened? There must be more to it than ‘Corbyn broke their brains’.

Good god no, the fbpe brigade are liberals, they absolutely hate change, the queen is a noble servant of our country and we should show her proper respect etc etc, as dunt says she's an institution and they loving love institutions.

The queen is like, the most decorum thing to ever exist, of course they loving love her.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I'm not completely supportive of this one now - there's another video which shows right before where he dodges past a few police and through a barrier, and it is about 10 seconds before the convey passes through, so I do get why they did what they did.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571769472251207680

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Absolutely loving this bank holiday lads. What was it for again? Ahhh who cares it's a lovely day and I'm out in nature.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Answers Me posted:

What happened? There must be more to it than ‘Corbyn broke their brains’.

Probably also the ongoing (and accelerating!) breakdown of society. As things become more hosed, Sensibles cling ever more desperately to institutions, since they find institutions A Thing familiar and comforting (because the alternative - community ties - is incomprehensible to liberals)

EDIT beaten by Owlie, but yeah

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Answers Me posted:

Unhinged. Wasn’t this guy one of the main mouthpieces of FBPE? I feel like these sort of people (the sensible, rational centrist, or however they see themselves) would have been confidently republican a few years ago. What happened? There must be more to it than ‘Corbyn broke their brains’. I guess it’s a similar trajectory to New Atheists in their pivot to being reactionaries

Centrists are small c conservatives, it's all about having a comfortable status quo to maintain. The financial crisis followed by brexit (and Trump if you want to look more globally) have left that comfortable status quo looking more and more precarious and all they can think of is trying to go back to pre-Iraq "end of history" Blairism.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Some heretics will say this footage is edited. Do not believe them.

https://imgur.com/OQAlqsS

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's the same lot who want to live in an eternal 2012 olympic opening ceremony with the everqueen elizabeth watching over everything forever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I went off to the high street and there's a good number of food places and corner shops open but then I do live in one of the most royal-hating parts of the country hell yeah

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Red Oktober posted:

I'm not completely supportive of this one now - there's another video which shows right before where he dodges past a few police and through a barrier, and it is about 10 seconds before the convey passes through, so I do get why they did what they did.

'Suicide Bomber on Roller Blades' on surprisingly few 2022 Bingo cards.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

OwlFancier posted:

Good god no, the fbpe brigade are liberals, they absolutely hate change, the queen is a noble servant of our country and we should show her proper respect etc etc, as dunt says she's an institution and they loving love institutions.

The queen is like, the most decorum thing to ever exist, of course they loving love her.
Yeah, the ideal for these people is having the right autocrat in charge, not anything approaching democracy. The right autocrat being the one that keeps things the same while presenting the serious image of competence they imagine represents themselves.

Like, didn't they actually ask the Queen to stop Brexit?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She tried, but she ran out of jewellery and accidentally spent all her money defending a sex trafficking ring.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Only another few minutes to go.

I really want a go with the crown. Reckon it's a look I could carry off.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

She tried, but she ran out of jewellery and accidentally spent all her money defending a sex trafficking ring.

Think you forgot the time she owner the PM by wearing a plus pin with some yellow on it like the EU flag!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She was actually supporting ukraine in 2016 very ahead of her time gorblesser

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/DoubleEmMartin/status/1571521630039379971?cxt=HHwWhsC4tZSmlc8rAAAA
Tactical Response Pastors :psyduck:

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Aphex- posted:

Absolutely loving this bank holiday lads. What was it for again? Ahhh who cares it's a lovely day and I'm out in nature.

This is stunning, where is it?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Red Oktober posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571769472251207680

They also have to be loving quick incase a real thing happens at the crucial moment.

I agree, the police do much much worse things than this to get worked up about.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jiggerypokery posted:

They also have to be loving quick incase a real thing happens at the crucial moment.

https://twitter.com/OvensComedy/status/1571826015890198530?s=20&t=vsrOn4a_cF6m4kyaGqk4GA

yummy

Snideness aside, the police beat the kid up because he made them look like chumps. Saying "ah, they do worse" is not much but a distraction, which is that the police grossly over-reacted and tried choking this guy for what, being a dumb rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Red Oktober posted:

jiggerypokery posted:

lol