Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

eh, I'd suggest holding off judgment for the Colts right now. The team has always started slow since Reich took over, they seem to be cursed in Jacksonville, and they're missing their starting WRs and Leonard who really makes the defense great.

This really isn't a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
^^^The Jaguars being up by 17 against anybody is suprising^^^

FWIW, the Jaguars and Detroit Lions are up a combined 39-0 right now and neither game has reached halftime.

The gently caress is going on?

Honestly wondering the last time either team was up by more than two TD's in the second quarter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BiggerBoat posted:

Honestly wondering the last time either team was up by more than two TD's in the second quarter.
For the Jaguars it was just last year… also against the Colts

Bitchmade franchise

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Huh. The broadcast just said it was in 2018. Regardless, this is the best this team has looked in 5 years and by far the best Trevor has been. Hope they don't gently caress it up somehow

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Gus Bradley is a horrible defensive coordinator. They're just running crossers and getting WRs matched up with LBs and ole Gus just does what ole Gus does. COVER 3 BABY. NO ADJUSTMENTS, JUST KEEP DOING IT. I was worried losing Eberfluss would hurt, but I didn't think it would be this bad. The defense just gets abused by the same poo poo over and over and over.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Trevor bust(ing up them colts)

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jags gonna be leading the division at 1-1.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

Jags gonna be leading the division at 1-1.

If things break right, we could have three two more ties today! I hope so

Bucs v Saints is 3-3, Panthers v Giants is 16-13. Four ties in two weeks would have to be an NFL record.

I'm honestly shocked how good Jax looks today and how bad the Colts are but one thing I can see is Doug Pederson's influence all over this offense today. They're spreading the ball around and have a nice run/pass balance. I don't know where this defense came from though. Five sacks and two THREE ints. Indy bad?

Get ready for a lot of "Trevor Lawrence has ARRIVED!" stuff on ESPN and poo poo this week.

E

Three interceptions. Holy poo poo.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 18, 2022

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm actually embarrassed the Texans tied this team

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

LOL. Jags booing Nick Foles who was put in with a minute left.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Gus Bradley is a horrible defensive coordinator. They're just running crossers and getting WRs matched up with LBs and ole Gus just does what ole Gus does. COVER 3 BABY. NO ADJUSTMENTS, JUST KEEP DOING IT. I was worried losing Eberfluss would hurt, but I didn't think it would be this bad. The defense just gets abused by the same poo poo over and over and over.

Yeah I don't get what he's doing. Whoever the other team puts in the slot is basically always open because either the defender is way off or there's a mismatch.

It's pretty clear Leonard lifts up this defense and without him they just can't get into the right calls or he can't make up for just sitting in a base defense all the time.

Anyway, I'm not going to overreact since this just seems to be how the Colts are under Reich. Slow starts and being able to get up for games when they're not the favorites, but making GBS threads the bed when on paper they should be winning.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

I'm actually embarrassed the Texans tied this team

If your coach wasn't Lovie, they probably wouldn't have.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im really sick today so whatever happens in the texans game it cannot hurt me. hell if i didn't have to be awake with my kid i would just sleep through it. go texans!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hey I Thought the Colts are supposed to be running away with the division.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Jacksonville Jaguars, #1 in the AFC South

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Hey I Thought the Colts are supposed to be running away with the division.

They'll be solidly in 2nd after tomorrow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol colts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

Hmm weird so not 1st interesting

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

EvilBeard posted:

I don't know, Houston's already scored more points than the Colts today.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/KahunaMed/status/1571583017365417984

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lol. Lmao.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts need a 20 million dollar right guard now to go with the center and left guard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

broncos are an embarrassing team hahahaha

watch them win though

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

lobster shirt posted:

watch them win though

Let's ride.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Colts are very bad so far. Also, this thread leads me to believe that all the other teams in this division hate the Colts way more than I hate them. We're all bad my dudes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Colts fans in here seem alright, but losing to Peyton Over and Over and Over and Over does things to a person.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Colts fans in here seem alright, but losing to Peyton Over and Over and Over and Over does things to a person.

Sure, I get that. And then immediately getting another great QB even though we went on to ruin him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Hey now we haven't had the same QB for more than one season since we killed Luck. He has rightfully cursed us with poor QB play since we did not protect him.

The curse will only be lifted when another Manning arrives as has been foretold in prophecies.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jivesauce posted:

Colts are very bad so far. Also, this thread leads me to believe that all the other teams in this division hate the Colts way more than I hate them. We're all bad my dudes.

For me it’s just the preseason yearly coronation of Division Winners The Indianapolis Colts by all of sports media when they ain’t won it since when? Eight years ago?

It’s not even necessarily the team or their fans. I’m just tired of hearing about ‘em constantly on national media and then everyone forgets what they said when the Colts start dropping games to the Jags and missing the playoffs entirely.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Will be interesting to see what the titans do tomorrow. These are usually the types of games we pull a win out of our rear end, but I ain’t feeling good about it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

lobster shirt posted:

watch them win though

I mean yeah as embarrassing as they are they're not Texans bad

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

For me it’s just the preseason yearly coronation of Division Winners The Indianapolis Colts by all of sports media when they ain’t won it since when? Eight years ago?

It’s not even necessarily the team or their fans. I’m just tired of hearing about ‘em constantly on national media and then everyone forgets what they said when the Colts start dropping games to the Jags and missing the playoffs entirely.

Yeah this. The colts players are by and large cool, they aren’t dirty and I like the owner.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Yeah this. The colts players are by and large cool, they aren’t dirty and I like the owner.

Yeah, but their colors are boring. Like worse version of the Lions scheme in every way.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Big Jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ascetic Big Jeff

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Josh Gordon Redemption Arc starts today.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1571995094114340864?s=20&t=sO_fANZUMDYb41i6glLARQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lewan rode the cart to the locker room. Rip to him and rip to tannehill