Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Some of the comments trying to make out this is Sad Face for the Queen. I think we can all see that it isn't.
The more public humiliation for this foul fiend the better IMHO.

https://twitter.com/Cromwell606/status/1571825952451366912

He's just so pissed off that he wasn't PM when she died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It was her acquiring the 'Princess of Wales' title that angered people who couldn't get over Diana. That's why Camilla was always known as the Duchess of Cornwall.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I like that title that the narrator gave him. Prime Minister Until Recently Boris Johnson

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Twisto is definitely dead if none of this shook him out of his posting malaise.

Rip twisto.

Should have a period of mourning for him imo

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
What if twisto was actually the Queen wearing a posting moustache and sunglasses?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Anyway if that's not the case I hope he's doing alright and has achieved poster nirvana by transcending the need to post.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lmao yeah any sympathy for that skater getting manhandled is now gone - It was one thing when it was alledged he went onto the route accidently and couldn't get off it before the cops battered him but he literally speeds past them all, ignores like 3 cops and goes through a "road closed" sign.

Like, it's entirely reasonable for the cops to assume they're going to try and do something stupid, either intentionally like throw paint on the hearse or whatever, or just straight up ride into it and get hit by it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I mean, maybe less sympathy, but "he ignored a road closed sign therefore 3 cops kneeling on his neck is justified" is maybe a bit of a shite view to take.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I mean, maybe less sympathy, but "he ignored a road closed sign therefore 3 cops kneeling on his neck is justified" is maybe a bit of a shite view to take.

look at the context of those road closed signs pal?!?!

what i'm saying is, "shoot him"

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Is it over now? Can we go back to normal?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

no coronation next

wtf is normal anyway?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

no coronation next

When's that likely to be? I need to plan my holidays around the extra bank holiday we're likely gonna get.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think people have said it could be like a year away

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Kin posted:

When's that likely to be? I need to plan my holidays around the extra bank holiday we're likely gonna get.

Earliest would be christmas, but more likely early summer next year.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They already started planning it a few months ago, didn't they? (Like, obviously to only take place after Elizabeth's death, but still.) I remember that being a story, and how it was going to be a smaller ceremony than usual.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mega Comrade posted:

sadly no, despite appearances britain is not yet over.

soon.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Earliest would be christmas, but more likely early summer next year.

Well that's shite. I was hoping we could just get this whole song and dance over before Halloween.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Brenda became queen on February 6th 1952 but wasn't crowned until June 2nd of the following year, so it could conceivably be early 2024. I don't think it will be, though; Charles will probably want something small in March, so he can visit the current and former Commonwealth states over the summer.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Brenda became queen on February 6th 1952 but wasn't crowned until June 2nd of the following year, so it could conceivably be early 2024. I don't think it will be, though; Charles will probably want something small in March, so he can visit the current and former Commonwealth states over the summer.

Brenda's coronation was deliberately delayed from the normal schedule (4-6 months) because the death of the King was somewhat unexpected (hence why she was in Kenya) so there had not been even initial planning. The country was also broke and had just forked out for the Festival of Britain so needed time to refill the coffers and there was a sense of not wanting to give the public two summers of pageantry in a row.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Did we ever get the Festival of Brexit?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

The country was also broke

fortunately something we dont need to worry about now.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

yes, but nobody went

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rarity posted:

Well at 10 days he has already ensured he's not at the bottom of the length of reign league table. Next target is 69 days away

Nice

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Yep, and about 2 people turned up... Out of 2m expected

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BalloonFish posted:

Brenda's coronation was deliberately delayed from the normal schedule (4-6 months) because the death of the King was somewhat unexpected (hence why she was in Kenya) so there had not been even initial planning. The country was also broke and had just forked out for the Festival of Britain so needed time to refill the coffers and there was a sense of not wanting to give the public two summers of pageantry in a row.

Good job we're not broke

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the trouble with royal families is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Guavanaut posted:

It's still happening! It was renamed because even the creatives didn't want to be associated with a Festival of Brexit: https://unboxed2022.uk/

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kin posted:

Probably the late-May bank holiday next year, no extra day.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

lol, they're going to do it mayday aren't they as a gently caress you to the unions

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

notaspy posted:

Celtic are an Irish club and thus hate the English and the queen.

You are not allowed to do politics at the football so that is why they are getting investigated.

Uh no not Irish. You're getting your Celts mixed up there. And making a football club responsible for the political opinions of its fans and members is ridiculous and itself political violence.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

So apparently Kwasi Karteng is soon going to be announcing 8 charter zones, where large chunks of the UK will given over to be run by 'global companies' operating in a low tax environment. These companies will be able to override/ignore many UK laws, such as planning, employment, safety etc, and pretty much be law unto themselves. Local government will still exist, but the charter companies will be able to override most local govt decisions if they disagree with them.

This is quite scary dystopian poo poo. I've tried not to worry about any of this, but I'm in one of these proposed zones.

RIP me I guess?...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Britain accelerating into its future place as a 3rd world nation

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

If it's any solace, this government's power to do anything but chip away at the ediface that bears it is likely to be very similar to that of the last two governments. Late and somewhat inadequate responses to crises and little else besides.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

So apparently Kwasi Karteng is soon going to be announcing 8 charter zones, where large chunks of the UK will given over to be run by 'global companies' operating in a low tax environment. These companies will be able to override/ignore many UK laws, such as planning, employment, safety etc, and pretty much be law unto themselves. Local government will still exist, but the charter companies will be able to override most local govt decisions if they disagree with them.

This is quite scary dystopian poo poo. I've tried not to worry about any of this, but I'm in one of these proposed zones.

RIP me I guess?...

I just wish the Labour Party would make a commitment to re-nationalising (or whatever the correct term for these cases) with no compensation so no one takes them up on it.

If this goes on, there will soon be local warlords.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

fuctifino posted:

RIP me I guess?...

Oh hey someone in Government read Claire North's 84K and thought drat what a great idea! :ohdear:

On a lighter note, a FB reminder from 13 years back

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6207841/Keep-Britain-Tidy-campaign-should-bin-the-filth-say-campaigners.html

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

also like, why does any of this poo poo deserve police protection in the first place? Unless you think the royals are actually worth a drat let them loving fend for themselves.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

also like, why does any of this poo poo deserve police protection in the first place? Unless you think the royals are actually worth a drat let them loving fend for themselves.

might be a bit better to let the cops rough him up a bit than have a mounted guardsman run him through with a sabre

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If this goes on, there will soon be local warlords.

Wonder what THEY’LL say about roller bladers.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

fuctifino posted:

So apparently Kwasi Karteng is soon going to be announcing 8 charter zones

...which is where the rioting will begin, I presume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

That charter zone is some insane libertarian poo poo. There absolutely ought to be riots and general strikes about it.

Also did anybody post this here?

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1570832842623717377?s=20&t=1zWG6xTHz55UAipda4eMfw

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1570832851683405824?s=20&t=1zWG6xTHz55UAipda4eMfw

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1570832864274681857?s=20&t=1zWG6xTHz55UAipda4eMfw

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1570832870167687168?s=20&t=1zWG6xTHz55UAipda4eMfw

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1570832884453478401?s=20&t=1zWG6xTHz55UAipda4eMfw

Mad poo poo really. Not terribly surprising, but inequality in the UK has obviously been worsening massively to the point where if things continue as they are, by the end of the decade the average British family would be better off living in Poland, a country which has famously had a massive exodus of working-age people when it joined the EU in 2004 and onwards - with over a million coming to the UK.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those Polish workers - and most of them are workers, aged 20-44 (see here: https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7660/CBP-7660.pdf) - start to leave en masse. They may not all go back to Poland but there are other countries which would take them like Germany, where they'd have a much higher standard of living than in the UK. If the UK loses half a million Polish (and other European) workers, many of whom are doing lovely jobs that Brits, things are gonna get even more grim.