Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

what's the best place to order shelves online

Amazon?

Nobody else is really going to have decent shipping. How close to an IKEA are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Amazon?

Nobody else is really going to have decent shipping. How close to an IKEA are you?

Ahahahahahaha

no

no

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dunno which part you're laughing at.

Target sells a KO of the IKEA Kallax that people seem to like. Target card might get you free shipping.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Jet Ready Go posted:

Stopped by Target to check in on the newest toy offerings and they got the new Playmate Star Trek collection in. I actually think I saw everyone in the sets represented except for the Discovery cast. Couldn't help myself and picked up Picard. Not bad for $12.99. The facial likeness is pretty darn good!

Which two Spider-Men are the ones being Good Friends in the background?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I got about a third of my collection into my new shelves. They are seven figures deep carded...

Wow, I see some expensive heavy hitter grails in there; Unkann, Eathyron, Sir Valgard, etc. How close are you to having a complete collection?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I dunno which part you're laughing at.

Target sells a KO of the IKEA Kallax that people seem to like. Target card might get you free shipping.

I live in the rear end end of the rear end end of nowhere near IKEA, was the laughter.

Seriously though thanks, genuinely, for the help. I'll have to check out Target- though the nearest to me is an hours drive give or take. But that's still more doable!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Grant DaNasty posted:

Wow, I see some expensive heavy hitter grails in there; Unkann, Eathyron, Sir Valgard, etc. How close are you to having a complete collection?

I have a complete mythic collection including the dozen. I have all the Gothitropolis birds and timekeepers. Need four more scarabus. Working on that and seventh kingdom. Need six minotaurs, an elephant, the boar, and four from the female wave. Are you (or anyone else) going to legionscon?

Yeah I have three Valgards and two Eathyrons. Told you I was far down the rabbit hole and put rhyno to shame!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got about a third of my collection into my new shelves. They are seven figures deep carded...

I went to take a knife to all of that

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Jet Ready Go posted:

Stopped by Target to check in on the newest toy offerings and they got the new Playmate Star Trek collection in. I actually think I saw everyone in the sets represented except for the Discovery cast. Couldn't help myself and picked up Picard. Not bad for $12.99. The facial likeness is pretty darn good!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Shiroc posted:

Which two Spider-Men are the ones being Good Friends in the background?

Amazing Fantasy and Retro Carded Spider-Man.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I really love the Sailor Moon Petit Chara. They're really expensive to get now but they have the most characters and outfits.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just got around to unpacking angry chippendale's Superman and other than the wonky arm he looks surprisingly good.

Not a big fan of the grey at the temples but to be fair, he has been through some poo poo lately.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Very angry Hush Superman came in as well. I'm loving the headsculpt cause we rarely get to see him pardon the pun super pissed. Wondering if that grippy hand fits around the hush batman's neck?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

The first Horseman has arrived. What a badass looking set.

Really glad I got in now, so I can get the rest at retail.

FYI, not sure what the market is like today, but people were paying about $100 just for the packaging on this set at one point. If you don't keep your packaging it might be with selling to recoup some of the cost.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Holy poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have a complete mythic collection including the dozen. I have all the Gothitropolis birds and timekeepers. Need four more scarabus. Working on that and seventh kingdom. Need six minotaurs, an elephant, the boar, and four from the female wave. Are you (or anyone else) going to legionscon?

Yeah I have three Valgards and two Eathyrons. Told you I was far down the rabbit hole and put rhyno to shame!

If you have a complete set, why do you need more? Is that to use extra head accessories or something?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Invicta, I need your home address, for reasons

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Louisgod posted:

Invicta, I need your home address, for reasons

Same, we need to have a conversation about how weak I can be when it comes to cool fantasy toys.

I just snagged that huge troll that went up with the latest wave on BBTS, a cool vampire lord, what I assume to be a tribute to Scare Glow, and preordered a pair of evil Templars.

This is on top of Poxxus/Phlogeon, which I preordered, and a whole loving swack of the all-stars wave five I also preordered from ML's store.

I don't want to keep them carded. I have a pair of detolf shelves that are coming my way this Friday, and I'd like to display them that way.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Holy poo poo! That's amazing

gregday
May 23, 2003

Got my first Graflex.

I know saber collecting is an easy hole to fall down, but I think I’m pretty happy with the 3 main Jedi styles from the OT. Zero interest in any prequel poo poo and the sequel trilogy is kind of ehhh.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

I went to take a knife to all of that

It's just a third or so of my carded figures. You should see my loose collection!

Aphrodite posted:

If you have a complete set, why do you need more? Is that to use extra head accessories or something?

One of my goals was to have enough bodies to display all the alternate heads for each character. I have my last one of those in the mail (extra Deltigar). At this point I consider my Mythic Legions set to be complete. I did some legion building with some of my favorite characters. Plus, I generally go to shows so a good 2/3rds are either wholesale from FHM or retail from BBTS (got a lot through the Advent of Decay sale). And I bought a good number of lots so a fair bit came from under market value on the rest. Once I get the last from the Gothitropolis and Seventh Kingdom lines I'll likely not buy any previously released Legions. So everything will slow down and be cheaper on pre-orders. There are still a few figures I don't have carded but I really don't care about cards despite what you see. I eventually plan to take everything out but wanted a complete set picture first.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Looks like the next wave of MOTU Origins is getting ready to ship from BBTS. It’s almost Burger King time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Looks like the next wave of MOTU Origins is getting ready to ship from BBTS. It’s almost Burger King time!

Whole lotta people whining about international packaging and acting as if it's BBTSs fault. I hope everywhere gets the international versions.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Whole lotta people whining about international packaging and acting as if it's BBTSs fault. I hope everywhere gets the international versions.

Manchildren all of em

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My wife and I just finished watching Godzilla: Singular Point and we immediately knew we needed this amazing goofball in our life:

JETTO JAGGA!!

Amazingly, the spear isn't the craziest accessory:

These wings are bigger than the figure.

Also realized I've had this good boy for months, and never took any pics:

Ride on Shooting Star~

These also arrived yesterday from FanGamer. From one of my favorite games ever:

They're comparable to amiibo size. Knight and Hornet should 100% be in the next Smash Bros.! :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I kinda wish they'd do somewhat biblically accurate angels. Just embrace the weirdness. Call em divines or something. I'd HAVE to get that wave at least.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nanigans posted:

Also realized I've had this good boy for months, and never took any pics:

Ride on Shooting Star~

How much trouble did you have getting him to hold the bass? I went with the fist hand because I couldn't really get it set in there.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

How much trouble did you have getting him to hold the bass? I went with the fist hand because I couldn't really get it set in there.

He's been in that pose for months, but I do recall it being kind of a bear. It's stuck like that all this time, tho.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I need to get a jet jaguar. He’s my favorite helper in godzilla pinball.
Edit: why do that when I can get the same figure for four times the price + screw holes!

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/godzilla-playfield-character-jet-jaguar

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 20, 2022

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Snacksmaniac posted:

I need to get a jet jaguar. He’s my favorite helper in godzilla pinball.

There's a bunch of cute, inexpensive ones on Amazon.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
While everything else seems to keep getting delayed, my Hot Toys Boba Fett (Repaint Armor) came in last week.

And this week came the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk. 46 reissue for Hot Toy's Shanghai store grand opening.

I'm a bit disappointed the reissue doesn't come with the Tony Stark head or Captain America helmet, but instead a redesigned diorama base I'm not going to use.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'm so close

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bring Arts Tifa and Aeris (it's Aeris when it's this version!) were only on preorders for a week and already got delayed 6 months.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Bring Arts Tifa and Aeris (it's Aeris when it's this version!) were only on preorders for a week and already got delayed 6 months.

Oh speaking of, have you spotted any reasonable pre-orders on reliable Japanese sites? I moved my Cloud pre-order over to a Japanese site thanks to your suggestion but am just about ready to just pre-order Tifa and Aeris direct on the Squeenix store for FOMO.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Oh speaking of, have you spotted any reasonable pre-orders on reliable Japanese sites? I moved my Cloud pre-order over to a Japanese site thanks to your suggestion but am just about ready to just pre-order Tifa and Aeris direct on the Squeenix store for FOMO.

Not yet. I’ve been keeping an eye out, but put in a BBTS order for now because they’re very easy to cancel with no questions asked, and I’d rather pay the $130 each than not have them ultimately.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Does anybody know a good way to get BaF parts? I checked my local comic shops and they don't have the leg I need, and the ones on Ebay are overpriced.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Not yet. I’ve been keeping an eye out, but put in a BBTS order for now because they’re very easy to cancel with no questions asked, and I’d rather pay the $130 each than not have them ultimately.

drat, I was holding out on putting a pre-order in on BBTS but I bit the bullet too as I'm with you in that I guess I'm okay with paying a bit more than not end up getting them.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Time again for more Sailors. Jupiter was always one of my favorites, but Mercury's been growing on me during my rewatch.

My Sailors so far:

I have Moon and Uranus sitting in my PoL on BBTS, so I only need two more, Saturn and Chibiusa. Unfortunately, they're my least favorite. But I've come this far, so I may as well finish the set, right? :shepspends:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Does anybody know a good way to get BaF parts? I checked my local comic shops and they don't have the leg I need, and the ones on Ebay are overpriced.

Facebook groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Moai Ou posted:

But I've come this far, so I may as well finish the set, right? :shepspends:

:hmmyes:

Saturn and Chibi Moon are very good versions of the characters