Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

Jones ranting. Wonder what the judge will think of this

It didn't happen in court, and it technically didn't reference the court, so it shouldn't matter.
As long as he doesn't act like that in court, no-one will mention it.
HE WILL CONTINUE TO ACT LIKE THAT AND MAKE IT WORSE FOR HIMSELF, HE CANNOT SWITCH OFF ANYMORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Does calling the judge a tyrant not reference the court?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Bellis actively wondering why Pattis can't bring up the Plaintiff's views on guns right now

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

OneMoreTime posted:

Bellis actively wondering why Pattis can't bring up the Plaintiff's views on guns right now

She's arguing the opposite side. That doesn't mean she agrees with it. From what I've read from lawyers Judges are often tougher on the side they tend to agree with

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

KitConstantine posted:

She's arguing the opposite side. That doesn't mean she agrees with it. From what I've read from lawyers Judges are often tougher on the side they tend to agree with

Interesting, I appreciate the clarification.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

OneMoreTime posted:

Interesting, I appreciate the clarification.

I can't say for sure which way she'll come down but it's for the benefit of the record that the arguments be completely explained

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

I get why she can't say it but the answer is

"Because he will weaponise it. He'll dance around the words, but that's what's going to happen.
I can't express that to the court in a way the court will understand, because the court **needs** to be ignorant of the parties in the trial, but he's going to weaponise this poo poo."

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Well Pattis can mention guns

I think the judge has made it clear he's on a pretty short leash, but we shall see how it goes

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

KitConstantine posted:

Well Pattis can mention guns

I think the judge has made it clear he's on a pretty short leash, but we shall see how it goes

Given how Pattis has acted I can see this getting out of hand incredibly quickly, hopefully not though!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Oh cool, back to Paz.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
We're in the Paz final stretch.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Paz is basically done at this point, in terms of how she is answering

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

OneMoreTime posted:

Given how Pattis has acted I can see this getting out of hand incredibly quickly, hopefully not though!

Given how ms. Paz just answered, I think Norm hosed himself by not giving all of the materials in discovery. The only lawyer she’s seen was him, so…

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Faust IX posted:

Given how ms. Paz just answered, I think Norm hosed himself by not giving all of the materials in discovery. The only lawyer she’s seen was him, so…

That does seem to be where this line of questioning is going

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Can Pattis not braid his hair?

Like the dumbest sticking point I have but goddamn dude, this look ain’t it

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

teen witch posted:

Can Pattis not braid his hair?

Like the dumbest sticking point I have but goddamn dude, this look ain’t it

Tangent: Here is something they do not like to say out loud: if you’re male and with long hair like that, no one is going to take you seriously. You either have to have an amazing reason why (chemo survivor never wanting their hair falling out again being my personal example), or have to understand you will ALWAYS be fighting a battle over your look when you should be judged by the merit of your abilities in law.

Unfortunately Norm is just a bad example for all of us, and I swear to loving god someone said he believes in the Sovereign Citizen movement. I wish I could confirm, because that makes so much more sense.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

So uhhhh is it good when your opposing attorney shows that you knowingly led/allowed one of your witnesses to lie on the stand?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

KitConstantine posted:

So uhhhh is it good when your opposing attorney shows that you knowingly led/allowed one of your witnesses to lie on the stand?

Well judging from Norm's face it's uh, not good!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

KitConstantine posted:

I appreciated the camera doing the slowest pan and zoom over to Pattis the whole time that was being talked about.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Faust IX posted:

Tangent: Here is something they do not like to say out loud: if you’re male and with long hair like that, no one is going to take you seriously. You either have to have an amazing reason why (chemo survivor never wanting their hair falling out again being my personal example), or have to understand you will ALWAYS be fighting a battle over your look when you should be judged by the merit of your abilities in law.

I don't know much about law at all :ohdear:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

KitConstantine posted:

The technical term you want to look up is suborning perjury.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Faust IX posted:

Unfortunately Norm is just a bad example for all of us, and I swear to loving god someone said he believes in the Sovereign Citizen movement. I wish I could confirm, because that makes so much more sense.

My partner has long blonde locks, though is a welder, but I get the weird hang ups about long hair.

Norm just looks bad, like on an aesthetic level. It’s giving me sad man anal beads, it ain’t flattering

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just shop around for conditioner a bit it's not even hard you don't have to have short hair it just needs to not look like roadkill strapped to your head

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

surc posted:

Just shop around for conditioner a bit it's not even hard you don't have to have short hair it just needs to not look like roadkill strapped to your head

Thank you, this made me giggle

also yes you'd think he makes enough to spend on a keratin treatment, I have curly hair and if you do the Brazilian blowout treatment but just don't do the straightening part it just deleted frizz from the curls

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I feel like a corporate rep should know what's in the depositions but I guess I'm not Norm

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why would they break the streak?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

That didn't feel like a productive line of questioning from Pattis but I guess what did he really have to go on?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Finally the cs part is over.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
I will admit, he probably could look more professional with a tight braid, but professional looks and professional conduct are two extremes for the curious case of Norm. Ab-Norm-al if you will.

But man, Mattei managed to lay a very concise number of breadcrumbs to successfully piss Norm off. He just asked the witness whether or not the plaintiff seemed biased against the defense.

This is going to be a long day. So much cat fighting is already brewing and it isn’t even 12.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

JESUS CLINT TURN IT DOWN!

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
That was short and seemed to boil down to, "You had so much time, so many documents, and no preexisting knowledge! What idiot would hire you to be a FSS corporate representative?"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

KitConstantine posted:

*extremely half-life scientist voice* oh no

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Well hey looks like we have some nerd from New York State to come save the day.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

JaneError posted:

That was short and seemed to boil down to, "You had so much time, so many documents, and no preexisting knowledge! What idiot would hire you to be a FSS corporate representative?"

It seemed like the consistent line of questioning from both parties was "Wow you knew poo poo all huh?" With the only difference being Plaintiffs arguing Jones withheld, and Defense arguing she was an idiot.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Xiahou Dun posted:

Well hey looks like we have some nerd from New York State to come save the day.

This dude is a (post?)Korean War vet? Did…did I hear that right? Second Lieutenant to Captain. That’s kind of an incredible character witness, joining the FBI.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Korean war vet would make him about 90.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

OneMoreTime posted:

It seemed like the consistent line of questioning from both parties was "Wow you knew poo poo all huh?" With the only difference being Plaintiffs arguing Jones withheld, and Defense arguing she was an idiot.

She was shown as the patsy she was set up to be. I think that was really obvious

Also this guy looks like a computer nerd, it's yet another piece of perfect casting in this circus :allears:

or :tinfoil:

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Who is he and what is he here for?

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Oh drat, i REALLY misheard that. But at the very least, this is one hell of a witness to call to the stand, given the credentials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Mr. Merdle posted:

Who is he and what is he here for?

He's a counter-terrorism/terrorism expert for the FBI.