Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

I’m playing Cyberpunk thanks to that other goon’s setting suggestions, and holy poo poo am I bad at aiming with a controller. I need a training regimen or something.
Does Cyberpunk work OK with trackpad as mouse? Trackpad as joystick is a waste of time, but trackpad as mouse is really good for games that don't get confused about having input from both a gamepad and mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Ugh something is messed up with my deck order. My credit card had a pending charge but it's completely vanished from my card statement now.

Steam purchase history shows a failed charge at 12:22 and then a successful one at 12:23. I have a shipment tracking number but it hasn't changed position yet. (Not like I'm expecting to get it if my payment didn't go through.)

My bank was completely useless, they don't even see the canceled transaction, it's like it never happened on their end. So now I gotta wait for a Valve response to see what the hell i can do about this :(

For a company that really just wants to take my money, Visa sure likes to make me jump through hoops to actually use this card sometimes :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They really did make this super simple. The more I dink around with it the more I pressed I am at how well it was put together.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

*starts f5ing order page looking for tracking number*

:bang:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Maybe a super niche question, but has anyone used nicer headphones with the deck? Like the Senn hd58x/6xx/600/650 or whatever? I'm curious if it can drive them alright.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 20, 2022

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

*starts f5ing order page looking for tracking number*

:bang:

Isn't it 100% certain that they only send orders out towards the end of the week? I thought I read that somewhere.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ChiTownEddie posted:

Maybe a super niche question, but has anyone used nicer headphones with the deck? Like the Senn hd58x/6xx/600/650 or whatever? I'm curious if it can drive them alright.

That series of Sennheisers are easy to drive so I suspect you're fine.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

jokes posted:

When I set a TDP limit, it always goes slow as poo poo, even with it at the max. Is there a way to go above (I think it was) 15?

I get this for RetroArch and a couple other specific things. I just turn up the power settings to play Game Boy Color games.

Haven't used per-game power settings. Usually have two things open anyway.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

ShaneB posted:

That series of Sennheisers are easy to drive so I suspect you're fine.

Kewl, thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried Conan exiles on the deck?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Badly Jester posted:

Isn't it 100% certain that they only send orders out towards the end of the week? I thought I read that somewhere.

Mine shipped on a Wednesday. :shrug:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

My deck was stuck in processing for a little bit bit but finally shipped and is actually arriving a day early (was supposed to come tomorrow but is coming today)! FedEx can't get here soon enough.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Suburban Dad posted:

Mine shipped on a Wednesday. :shrug:

Goddamnit, now I'm gonna be :f5: as well.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Don't F5 to see tracking info, just put a grid on the wall with the dates for the next two weeks on it and throw darts at it anytime you want to know when you will receive it. Its as accurate as fedex's tracking.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The average goon experience in this thread is anywhere from 7-12 days from purchase before it arrives.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

nerox posted:

Don't F5 to see tracking info, just put a grid on the wall with the dates for the next two weeks on it and throw darts at it anytime you want to know when you will receive it. Its as accurate as fedex's tracking.

I'm not in the US. Don't know which company they're using in the EU, but it's most likely not going to be Fedex. Or so I hope.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Heran Bago posted:

I get this for RetroArch and a couple other specific things. I just turn up the power settings to play Game Boy Color games.

Haven't used per-game power settings. Usually have two things open anyway.

Same, in RetroArch through Emu Station. Usually it pops up in game mode more than desktop, but it's happened in both. Even after messing with those settings. And strangely, it will just go away at random after a restart or 2

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
So do I permanently have an account alert now in Steam? I completed the Purchase of the Deck to the best of my knowledge (have the credit card charge, have the thanks for purchasing e-mail from Valve, etc.), but I still have a permanent alert and repeated pop up reminding me that I only have 2 days to complete the purchase. pop up says purchased, and checking the "I have read the message" does nothing either. I'm guessing it maybe goes away when it ships? or is there some intermediate step where it still needs to Process or something?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

PageMaster posted:

So do I permanently have an account alert now in Steam? I completed the Purchase of the Deck to the best of my knowledge (have the credit card charge, have the thanks for purchasing e-mail from Valve, etc.), but I still have a permanent alert and repeated pop up reminding me that I only have 2 days to complete the purchase. pop up says purchased, and checking the "I have read the message" does nothing either. I'm guessing it maybe goes away when it ships? or is there some intermediate step where it still needs to Process or something?

Seems like a bug. It shouldn't show anymore once you say you've seen it and close the window.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How does the deck handle multiple users? Do you have to log back on fully every time? My wife and I currently share a gaming laptop and it's not the worst thing, but we always have to log out the other person and log in (with the authenticator code) every time, when it goes from her to me and vice versa.

I seem to remember once when I used to hook my old pc up to the tv, that in big screen mode, you didn't have to do that, you could easily switch users. Is that possible with the deck?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How does the deck handle multiple users? Do you have to log back on fully every time? My wife and I currently share a gaming laptop and it's not the worst thing, but we always have to log out the other person and log in (with the authenticator code) every time, when it goes from her to me and vice versa.

I seem to remember once when I used to hook my old pc up to the tv, that in big screen mode, you didn't have to do that, you could easily switch users. Is that possible with the deck?

You have the option to switch between users whenever you go to gaming mode or select the option from the power menu. It's extremely smooth and simple.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cowman posted:

You have the option to switch between users whenever you go to gaming mode or select the option from the power menu. It's extremely smooth and simple.

Excellent to hear, thanks!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

ChiTownEddie posted:

The Deck has more power on the headphone out than is normal so it can drive more than usual. Check my post history for some effort post on BT DACs if you want to use harder to drive headphones, codecs etc.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Excellent to hear, thanks!

Also I forgot to mention but if you use EmuDeck and add roms to your deck it'll add it on both accounts.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They really did make this super simple. The more I dink around with it the more I pressed I am at how well it was put together.

drat, my only MicroCenter doesn't have them in stock. That owns so much though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can smell that vent from a state away.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cowman posted:

Also I forgot to mention but if you use EmuDeck and add roms to your deck it'll add it on both accounts.

I won't be doing this, but I guess it's good to know.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Got my Deck about 5 minutes before I had to leave for work today. It was just enough time to unbox everything, and now the day is CRAWLING by. Only four hours to go!

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Questions from a noob who will be sniffing a deck soon...

Should I be doing any kind of backup as soon as I get it? I'm worried that I might install a bunch of stuff without really knowing what I am doing and screw it up. Can I easily reset back to original factory otherwise?

How do emulators for Wii and DS work on this? Are the games busted if they require Wii motion controls or two screens?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Grey posted:

How do emulators for Wii and DS work on this? Are the games busted if they require Wii motion controls or two screens?

For the Wii you'll probably have to mess around with the controls to find what suites you, and depending on the game, I think connecting a Wiimote/Nunchuck or Joycons via Bluetooth would be easiest. DS is fine, you just get both displays on the screen at once with a lot of black space, it's not the most ideal but it's fine. I know that Citra (3DS emulator) allows you to only show one screen at the time to make it really big and that's perfect for most titles and you can toggle between screen layouts, I'm sure the DS emulator is just as capable.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
If you want to be overly prepared flash a USB stick with the recovery image. It's very simple to reinstall SteamOS, restore to factory settings, etc. I've done it a few times.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Got deck.
Sniffed vent.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

v1ld posted:

The Deck has more power on the headphone out than is normal so it can drive more than usual. Check my post history for some effort post on BT DACs if you want to use harder to drive headphones, codecs etc.

Fudge, that was perfect, thank you very much.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Marx Headroom posted:

If you want to be overly prepared flash a USB stick with the recovery image. It's very simple to reinstall SteamOS, restore to factory settings, etc. I've done it a few times.

You need a USB-C adapter for this, right?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Any mmos or Diablo like games that work well on the deck?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Other than Vampire Survivors, any recommendations for a roguelike I can screw around in and half pay attention to while watching TV?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

You need a USB-C adapter for this, right?

Yeah. You could also make a micro sd card with it as well so you wouldn’t need an adapter.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fadam posted:

Other than Vampire Survivors, any recommendations for a roguelike I can screw around in and half pay attention to while watching TV?

Hopefully I don’t have to mention Hades or Dead Cells.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milosh posted:

The Diablo 2 Remaster normally works but I hear Battle Net support on the Deck regressed lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Milosh posted:

Path of Exile is great, with native controller support.

Last Epoch is great, with native controller support.

Wolcen works well but it’s a bad game.

I’m sure grim dawn works well but that game looks like butt

Diablo 2: Remastered is great, with native controller support (Battlenet takes a little bit of doing to set up. I also only played this for about 10 minutes so who knows what happens at higher levels).

Diablo 3’s PC version doesn’t have native controller support for loving stupid reasons because blizzard sucks.

FFXI and FFXIV work very well with native controller support.

WoW works well, if you’re cool with using the ConsolePort addon and are okay with tinkering around to get battlenet setup and stuff.

Guild Wars 1 and 2 work well if you’re cool with controller configuration shenanigans.

Technically, the Deck has zero issues running GW2 at medium+ settings at stable 60 FPS, the problem is just the controller shenanigans. GW1 runs at max settings at stable 60. I prefer GW2 on the Deck/Controller now, but I had to train myself to use it and have a very bespoke controller configuration (also I have a keyboard nearby for talking poo poo in guild chat).

Lost Ark would be absolutely perfect on this, but EAC means you can’t do it unless you run windows which means it ain’t happening.