Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Escape the cage owns as long as it’s not out the door.

Having to whoop the other guy so bad that they can’t stop you from climbing out of the cage is very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jeez

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1572315801910132736

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's one of the dumbest / best things I've seen.

Technically Jim Cornette was involved with this years later as he and Dave Meltzer did DVD commentary for this match on the Wrestling Gold collection before 9-11 completely rotted his brain.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
With 2 games I thought the drop would be worse, but neither was really all that competitive. Found myself Quantum Leaping

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

it feels 2 sWWEet to be all WWElite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tato posted:

Found myself Quantum Leaping

ouch!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

up against 2 different Monday Night Football games simultaneously

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Alaois posted:

Maybe they should have thought about being more popular than the NFL.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This was posted by the guy who designed the Fiend mask

https://twitter.com/ScarboroughTWTC...white-rabbit%2F

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

They need to bring back Vince to replace HHH

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Fiend owns. Loved that spooky poo poo. HIAC 2019 is the funniest WWE content in history.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Alaois posted:

https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/status/1572320029168869376

that's not including those who watched on broadcast tv in buffalo and nashville

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Maybe they should have thought about being more popular than the NFL.

Is NFL the longest-running usually live, episodic show named Raw? I don't think so. Checkmate, liberal.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Nash also only did 4 moves in the entire match and walked away retaining the title, so that one.

Was that the one they called "Russo's Revenge". It was the most bizarre thing I think I've ever seen. Nothing in that match made any sense.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Fiend owns. Loved that spooky poo poo. HIAC 2019 is the funniest WWE content in history.

Yea i’m stoked for Inland Empire Fiend

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Honestly, finding out I can stop worrying about Bray Wyatt showing up to stink up AEW has been the highlight of my day.

I dunno if that's good or sad yet.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Either Nash or Foley was talking on a podcast about how you never want your character to be an occupation (remember Isaac Yankem?)

I was rewatching Razor vs. IRS and it's really true. The wrestling is fine but there's just no real heat or interesting bc "IM THE IRS PAY YOUR TAXES" is as boring as sin.

Undertaker is the only "occupation' character I can think of that works but I also think he's an occupation character in name only.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
bray vs malakai vs finn vs rey in a custody of dominik's soul ladder match

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

rumble 2015 and hhh/sting mania 31 are tied for me but hiac 2019 is a top 5 pick for sure

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Fiend is perfect WWE content because it results in funny 30 second clips for me who doesn't watch the show (why would I watch the show Paul?) and embarrassing 30 minute matches for the masochists who watch WWE and have to pretend its good and not schlock.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 20, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

Overall viewership was about the same as last week, the late game was too boring to watch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Overall viewership was about the same as last week, the late game was too boring to watch.

oh i dunno, watching kirk cousins fail repeatedly is very entertaining to me

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Either Nash or Foley was talking on a podcast about how you never want your character to be an occupation (remember Isaac Yankem?)

I was rewatching Razor vs. IRS and it's really true. The wrestling is fine but there's just no real heat or interesting bc "IM THE IRS PAY YOUR TAXES" is as boring as sin.

Undertaker is the only "occupation' character I can think of that works but I also think he's an occupation character in name only.

Only exceptions are Big Bossman and Rick Martel.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they actually have White Rabbit be his entrance theme this is the most I've liked a Bray thing by default. Very low bar

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just enjoy that brays gimmick seems to be horror movie from 2006

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
the fiend is frank, roman is donnie darko, and this is your wrestlemania main event

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked Bray from his debut up until his feud with Cena. Big Cape Fear Head over here.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Crape Feart Head

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Big Crape Feart Head

Being mean to me should be a bannable offense

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The idea of Bray Wyatt as a creepy cultist works. It's the LORE and super powers and fire and teleporting where it loses me. A charismatic evil guy is like a layup heel gimmick but basically nobody thinks to do it? Stokeley currently I guess?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SonicRulez posted:

The idea of Bray Wyatt as a creepy cultist works. It's the LORE and super powers and fire and teleporting where it loses me. A charismatic evil guy is like a layup heel gimmick but basically nobody thinks to do it? Stokeley currently I guess?

It doesn’t help that the aesthetic is like a guy who works at Spencer’s gifts in 2004 and does whip it’s in the parking lot.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I liked Bray from his debut up until his feud with Cena. Big Cape Fear Head over here.

Yah same, he was very cool in nXt. The inferno match kinda sucked but he still kidnapped Kane to no effect that was cool

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Wyatts were so cool. That trios match against The Shield is the best WWE match of 2014.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bray has realised that the only way to defeat The Tribal Chief is to become The Bunny

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Bray should go back to stealing people's powers like he did to Undertaker & Kane

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Niwrad posted:

Was that the one they called "Russo's Revenge". It was the most bizarre thing I think I've ever seen. Nothing in that match made any sense.

I don't even know if you could call that a WarGames match other than that it was named WarGames. It had two 5-person teams in the Ready To Rumble triple cage, with wrestlers entering at alternating two minute intervals. But the goal of the match was to win the WCW Championship. So that belt was at the top of the triple cage, and to win the championship you had to walk out of the cage with the title. So nobody was locked in the cage, since you had to escape the cage, so people interfered. And you'd think that you would have people fighting among their teammates to win the title, with there being 10 people in the match.

Seriously, the only thing that made it WarGames was the alternating teams with one always at a disadvantage, but then Kronic entered as a pair and gave the faces the advantage (so that Nash could enter last). So WTF.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kvlt! posted:

Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. :colbert:

The_Rob posted:

It doesn’t help that the aesthetic is like a guy who works at Spencer’s gifts in 2004 and does whip it’s in the parking lot.

...when was car stuff ever part of Bray's gimmick?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Escape the cage owns as long as it’s not out the door.

Having to whoop the other guy so bad that they can’t stop you from climbing out of the cage is very cool.

Escaping the cage out the door is fine if it's rare and done the right way. See also: Bruno Sammartino beating the piss out of Stan Hansen and then just casually leaving through the door.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
He's the proper inheritor of The Urn's The Dark Side; which was locked up in his lantern and last we heard was contained within his sweater vest. Let that man teleport and be supernatural in his bunny mask while pinning everything, maybe even while wearing winged eagle title belts. I see no problems here. That stuff was always kinda fascinating. There should always be "one" who somehow, with little fanfare gets the powers and becomes the unpinnable wizard zombie. And now the league just has to deal with it.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 20, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Dacap posted:

This was posted by the guy who designed the Fiend mask

https://twitter.com/ScarboroughTWTC...white-rabbit%2F

The Bunny is unrecognizable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vandar posted:

Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. :colbert:

...when was car stuff ever part of Bray's gimmick?

Escaping the cage out the door is fine if it's rare and done the right way. See also: Bruno Sammartino beating the piss out of Stan Hansen and then just casually leaving through the door.

Whip it’s are nitrous oxide canisters that you breath in to get you very hosed up.