Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Goofy asking Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau how strong his Electro-Chemistry is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Half-Light but with Donald Duck’s voice

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my experience is you need to start the game with 4 inland empire, and that's it, no need to pick it as your favorite skill or never take off the tie.

There's a variable called "Necktie_Personified" which needs to be "true" when you take it off the fan, and also needs to be true any other time it talks, and my best guess is starting the game with 4 inland empire triggers that

you can take off the tie, but when you're not wearing it, it will not talk, I think, and the conversation trees check if you're wearing it. I've taken it off and put it back on and it still talks.

Also it possibly has to talk in the opening of the game or it never will, because there's also a variable called "Necktie_Talked" which is checked.

and that's it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

christmas boots posted:

Half-Light but with Donald Duck’s voice

Half-Light but with Goofy's voice. Donald Duck as Electrochemistry.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
thanks for the info.

I kinda wish there was an option to pick skills instead of allocating stats, there's some skills i just really want to have on a playthrough, but i guess that incentivises replaying? Although I have not yet managed to replay the whole game after my first victory prior to the full VA update. I still need to see the new area I think they added

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I dont know what you mean by pick skills that isnt already on the game?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Antonymous posted:

my experience is you need to start the game with 4 inland empire, and that's it, no need to pick it as your favorite skill or never take off the tie.

There's a variable called "Necktie_Personified" which needs to be "true" when you take it off the fan, and also needs to be true any other time it talks, and my best guess is starting the game with 4 inland empire triggers that

you can take off the tie, but when you're not wearing it, it will not talk, I think, and the conversation trees check if you're wearing it. I've taken it off and put it back on and it still talks.

Also it possibly has to talk in the opening of the game or it never will, because there's also a variable called "Necktie_Talked" which is checked.

and that's it

My first play through I took it off and it asked me to put it back on for something important later

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

GlyphGryph posted:

I dont know what you mean by pick skills that isnt already on the game?

Presumably to be able to start with fully picked out skills rather than flat values across the attribute groups (plus one for signature skill)

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

sebzilla posted:

Presumably to be able to start with fully picked out skills rather than flat values across the attribute groups (plus one for signature skill)

Yep

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Scrooge Mcduck is Savour Faire

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I started a second communist run going INT/PSY after my initial ultralib FYS/MOT one and it's a world of difference. I suddenly get to talk to the old woman on the roundabout, getting tons of info on the Precinct 41 folks after reporting my badge missing, actually did the side task for Joyce which explains a lot about Ruby who kind of came out of nowhere in my previous run.

Also I threw up three times (and counting) trying to inspect the body by failing the check, even after volumetrically compressing my poo poo. Kim was surprised too and just told me to toughen up.

I got to hug the working class woman :unsmith:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Has this been posted here before? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxhJra1y3H4

I'm a sucker for variations of this dumb meme walk animation.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Has this been posted here before? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxhJra1y3H4

I'm a sucker for variations of this dumb meme walk animation.

I am too, but it is highly inaccurate to think that Harry would ever advise ANYONE to associate rum with death.

Tagaziel
Aug 28, 2022

Ce n'est pas un chat.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Electrochemistry? Donald Duck is the Hero of the Proletariat and a Pacific War veteran, while he might seek solace in drink, I think Shivers might be more appropriate. He has an uncanny ability to survive even in the most hostile of environments and deal with the capricious cons of his cruel capitalist uncle.

The People's Duck shouldn't be a symbol for getting shitfaced.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Samovar posted:

I am too, but it is highly inaccurate to think that Harry would ever advise ANYONE to associate rum with death.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY - That's right, take a big swig of the ol' Rum Death!

DRAMA [Medium: Success] - Let it bellow out! One can only have Rum or Death in life, and this must be known! Shout it! SHOUT IT!

You - "RUM DEATH! RUM DEATH! RUM DEATH!"

ELECTROCHEMISTRY [Godly: Success] - I SAID TAKE A SWIG.

You - "RU*burbl*EATH *gurgle*M DEA*burble* RU-"

DRAMA [Easy: Success] - More tears, bring the audience home to confront their mortality!

You - Slowly you wilt over onto the ground, still brandishing the bottle while curling into a fetal pose. "ruuuuhuuuhuhhh...." is the most you can muster between sobs of existential dread.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Samovar posted:

Oh no, Harry knows that rum is death. He embraces it anyway.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/natpashdesign/status/1570315066616213504?t=uRW5Ewc7XZiE934ob2Rjjg&s=19

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Rum Death was one of the names pre-binge HDB came up with when he failed the initial conceptualisation check to name himself Tequila Sunset.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Tagaziel posted:

Electrochemistry? Donald Duck is the Hero of the Proletariat and a Pacific War veteran, while he might seek solace in drink, I think Shivers might be more appropriate. He has an uncanny ability to survive even in the most hostile of environments and deal with the capricious cons of his cruel capitalist uncle.

The People's Duck shouldn't be a symbol for getting shitfaced.

(also the one Donald forcefeeding his nephews more cigars till he finds the gift note)

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
But surely we can all agree that Mickey is physical instrument?

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
lol, lmao. https://twitter.com/RATFCKR/status/1571979287909072898?s=20&t=ckhufe2OiLpqfws5svVQpw

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
With those ever-perpetuating copyright terms, you know Michael Mouse is Savoir Faire.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
But what the hell's Goofy?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Volition.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

la puta madre

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Samovar posted:

But what the hell's Goofy?

Goofy is Electrochem because Goofy fucks.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

sebzilla posted:

Speak for yourself. When it comes to loving it's 100% Half Light for me all the time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sora is inland empire

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Samovar posted:

Speak for yourself. When it comes to loving it's 100% Half Light for me all the time.

“Want to come back to my place?”

Half Light: IT’S A loving TRAP. THROW THE BARSTOOL AT HER AND DIVE OUT THE WINDOW TO ESCAPE

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SexyBlindfold posted:

With those ever-perpetuating copyright terms, you know Michael Mouse is Savoir Faire.

"The sheets are stained red. Your blood's been running again, ha-ha!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

That’s Jiminy Cricket

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

sebzilla posted:

Gawrsh

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hit too close to home for this gamer

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
After a couple false starts I’m finally finishing this thanks to the portable power of the Steam Deck.

I gotta say, this game is immaculately paced. The story beats just keep coming faster and faster, each one more poignant and touching.

I don’t think I can add anything about this game that others haven’t said with more eloquence, but giving the player ostensible agency over Harrier’s train wreck drives home it’s themes loss and acceptance in a way that is completely unapproachable by traditional media.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

disco elysium, this game might be good, fellas

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

huge if true

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Crossposting from the simpsons thread

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
But the chair is wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The chair serves the interests of the proletariat. It is not wrong.