Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

fadam posted:

Other than Vampire Survivors, any recommendations for a roguelike I can screw around in and half pay attention to while watching TV?

Cartoon Man posted:

Hopefully I don’t have to mention Hades or Dead Cells.

The problem with those games, and also with Skul the Hero Slayer (which I adore) is that you kinda have to pay attention when playing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How does the deck handle multiple users? Do you have to log back on fully every time? My wife and I currently share a gaming laptop and it's not the worst thing, but we always have to log out the other person and log in (with the authenticator code) every time, when it goes from her to me and vice versa.

Google yourself up “steam account switcher”, it lets you switch Steam accounts (on computers) without passwords or Steam Guard.

I think it also helps when the Deck kicks your PC out of Steam, now that I consider it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

The problem with those games, and also with Skul the Hero Slayer (which I adore) is that you kinda have to pay attention when playing them.

Yea exactly

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

I'm not in the US. Don't know which company they're using in the EU, but it's most likely not going to be Fedex. Or so I hope.

It was GLS for me in Germany. Ordered on Monday, got it on Friday.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

fadam posted:

Other than Vampire Survivors, any recommendations for a roguelike I can screw around in and half pay attention to while watching TV?

Not a roguelike but Siralim Ultimate is a sort of - turn based party combat game where you collect monsters and beat the poo poo out of bad monsters. It has a billion hours of content if it clicks with you and is mostly based around constructing ridiculous synergies and feeling like a genius. And you can only half-pay attention because it's turn based and doesn't move if you're not moving.

I am not a smart tactical gamer and I still love it.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

ChiTownEddie posted:

Maybe a super niche question, but has anyone used nicer headphones with the deck? Like the Senn hd58x/6xx/600/650 or whatever? I'm curious if it can drive them alright.

I just plugged in my HD650s, and they're driven very well at max volume, better than my iPhone 12 over lighting to 3.5mm. Not loud, but in a good listening range for a room with a fan in it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah. You could also make a micro sd card with it as well so you wouldn’t need an adapter.

You can reimage from the SD slot? That's helpful. Everything I'd seen is using the C slot.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HopperUK posted:

Not a roguelike but Siralim Ultimate is a sort of - turn based party combat game where you collect monsters and beat the poo poo out of bad monsters. It has a billion hours of content if it clicks with you and is mostly based around constructing ridiculous synergies and feeling like a genius. And you can only half-pay attention because it's turn based and doesn't move if you're not moving.

I am not a smart tactical gamer and I still love it.

Just bought this on the basis of your post, please collect your royalty from Gaben.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

fadam posted:

I personally don't love it but a looooot of people love Loop Hero.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Still waiting on valve CS to respond to my ticket about my vanishing deck payment. Shipment tracker says the deck is still on its way... there's no way though right? I'm not gonna get to sniff that vent until they get my moneys

Just hoping my reservation slot isn't in jeopardy because of it :ohdear:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The CS has been really good about making sure people keep their reservations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If they say they shipped it, they probably shipped it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ShaneB posted:

Thanks playa. As a fellow magic head, what games have you been playing on your Deck?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

fadam posted:

Thanks playa. As a fellow magic head, what games have you been playing on your Deck?

I'm a weirdo and can never predict what grabs me. A lot (for me) of Dead Cells. Hollow Knight of course. Starting to mess with Rogue Legacy 2. I have a long plane ride coming up and am planning on getting a lot of Disco Elysium time in. I also recently grabbed Undertale and CrossCode. I loved A Short Hike.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I tried the gyro and I think maybe I just am just not going to be able to play FPS-style games on the Deck. That’s ok! Now I know!

skeezx
Sep 15, 2022

ShaneB posted:

i second this, it's pretty great but gets old pretty fast

don't regret my time/$ with it but we're talking like 5-10 hrs here

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Got mine today and the first thing i did was sniff the vent exhaust even before seeing the thread title. Great minds, etc.

Anyone figure out discord on this thing? I've found a few guides online but I'd like the goon opinion. Thanks!

Edit: it's also really annoying that i can't charge this in the case. My headphones are the same way and it drives me nuts. Oh well! C'est la vie!

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 21, 2022

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Spaghett posted:

Got mine today and the first thing i did was sniff the vent exhaust even before seeing the thread title. Great minds, etc.

Anyone figure out discord on this thing? I've found a few guides online but I'd like the goon opinion. Thanks!

Just install it from discover.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

ShaneB posted:

Just install it from discover.

That easy, huh? I saw a ton of guides about using it in desktop mode and poo poo. I guess my search results are poo poo.

Thanks fam

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Subjunctive posted:

Just bought this on the basis of your post, please collect your royalty from Gaben.

wooooo

my advice is not to overthink. Play into the strength of your chosen class. Make a set of artifacts with maximum attack on them. Go nuts.:) You will spot cool synergies and feel like a puzzle genius.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spaghett posted:

!

Edit: it's also really annoying that i can't charge this in the case. My headphones are the same way and it drives me nuts. Oh well! C'est la vie!

It can get pretty warm charging. Don’t charge it in a case imo

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Spaghett posted:

That easy, huh? I saw a ton of guides about using it in desktop mode and poo poo. I guess my search results are poo poo.

Thanks fam

You mean to use it in Deck mode? Discover is how you install it while in desktop mode.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spaghett posted:

Thanks fam

you get it from discover in desktop mode and then you can just add stuff to steam for gaming mode by right click context menu

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GreenBuckanneer posted:

*starts f5ing order page looking for tracking number*

:bang:
They send you an email with the tracking info.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, I need to loving cut down on buying games. I'm mostly a console player so my Steam Library was only maybe 75 games when I got the Deck. But I'm so enamored with the idea of "ooh I can play that portable now" I just keep buying poo poo. Most of it I already own. Must have bought 60+ games in the last few months lol. Most of it was bundles fortunately,. But still it's like, calm down Veni you have enough games it would take 5 years to get through this backlog. Or maybe buy a new game you haven't already played to death? I am dumb.

This humble poo poo is killing me though. They just keep doing bundles of games I really want a PC copy of. Must have bought 5 or 6 of them

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

veni veni veni posted:

This humble poo poo is killing me though.

Humble gets us all. Eventually you, too, will have 600 Steam games you've never played, have no intention to play, and can't remember buying.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Grand Fromage posted:

Humble gets us all. Eventually you, too, will have 600 Steam games you've never played, have no intention to play, and can't remember buying.

That's when you join us on https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513572 and randomly hand over keys from past bundles that you realise you're never going to do anything with. It always makes someone happy.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Maybe what you really want is an idle or clicker game. Interact with those games on your terms - not theirs. And the game running when you're not paying attention is generally good.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895630

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Tamba posted:

It was GLS for me in Germany. Ordered on Monday, got it on Friday.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm also in Germany. My :f5: is intensifying. When did you get the email that it shipped?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Grand Fromage posted:

Valve really needs to make an easy way to just purge games off an account because lord knows I have tons of crap I don't ever want to play.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Heran Bago posted:

Maybe what you really want is an idle or clicker game. Interact with those games on your terms - not theirs. And the game running when you're not paying attention is generally good.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895630

Oh, I'm not personally looking for games I can vaguely ignore, but that's a good rec for the goon that is.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

sigher posted:

Valve really needs to make an easy way to just purge games off an account because lord knows I have tons of crap I don't ever want to play.

You can do that. Help -> Steam Support -> search for a game -> I want to permanently remove this game from my account

Don't ask how I know about it :negative:

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

sigher posted:

I've started just dumping those games into a "Trash" collection. Doesn't take long and you don't have to look at them again.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Badly Jester posted:

I've started just dumping those games into a "Trash" collection. Doesn't take long and you don't have to look at them again.

Once your steam library balloons to a certain size (and Humble gets you there so goddamn fast) you really need collections for your library to be usable at all, really.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm also in Germany. My :f5: is intensifying. When did you get the email that it shipped?

"Preparing to ship" message from Steam was Wednesday, noon-ish, Email from GLS with tracking number was at 17:23 on that day.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Badly Jester posted:

took as predicted the exact 5 weekdays for me. Ordered monday, received Friday. Of course not getting delivered to me but a drop point, because GLS is absolute poo poo.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Could be worse, could be Hermes.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

If they say they shipped it, they probably shipped it.

Yeah, they did ship it.

I got responses, Valve says everything looks good on their end.

Meanwhile:

So I don't know what to think. Maybe my bank bought me a Steam Deck, maybe they didn't. Maybe it will show up, maybe it won't! Valve says everything checks out though so uh, let's wait and see!

:shrug:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
It wouldn't have left Chicago if they hadn't successfully taken the funds from the payment method. My bank declined my first transaction as fraud (despite telling them it was legit) but there was a second transaction shortly after without needing to check out again. I would only be concerned if you had strikethroughs in both transactions in your acct purchase history.

You are going to get your deck. Maybe fedex loses it and another one has to ship, but you will get the deck you paid for. It took a year to get here. Stress not, gentle goon.

Lol that you are already stressing about it and fedex decides to add to it, though. Classic fedex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Yeah I'm just going to assume it will show up magically on my credit card statement within the month.