Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Confusedslight posted:

I hope Alex Jones is watching this.

If he was he'd be making loud sounds from his mouth and butt the whole time. He's absolutely incapable of listening down and listening to another side.

Reminder when one of the witnesses was literally talking right at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
My heart hurts for that last witness, jfc, I'm so glad Norm didn't cross

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Jesus christ. Hearing her say how she couldn't sit down because standing up felt like she was going to fly off the earth. You see like the flurry of "content" being created from this trial to indulge in running like a loving ferrari into a brick wall against that reality.

Danger fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 21, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Do we know if he's going to be on the stand tomorrow morning or later on in the day? Don't want to miss it.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

goatface posted:

I cannot believe he consumes any media not about or addressed to himself.

From listening to far too much Knowledge Fight, he's actually into movies and although would deny it is in fact a closet Sci Fi nerd.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Confusedslight posted:

Do we know if he's going to be on the stand tomorrow morning or later on in the day? Don't want to miss it.

No idea, other than most likely sometime tomorrow. I'd guess he'd be in the morning since there was a chance he was going to be called today, and the fact that it's likely not going to be a short testimony.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Confusedslight posted:

Very strongly implied on the sidebar that he'll be tomorrow. There was talk of him being this afternoon but that never ended up happening.

Friday has the expert witness on radicalisation to return so whether they get it done in a day or break him up for part of Friday or just ask him to return Tuesday we'll find out.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
A person who was defamed stops qualifying for damages if they care about gun control. I am Norm Pattis and this is my entire argument.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Tree Dude posted:

A person who was defamed stops qualifying for damages if they care about gun control. I am Norm Pattis and this is my entire argument.
or are being "used" by people who want gun control
jones argues that, by being used as an example of why gun control is needed, the sandy hook parents "stepped into the arena" and deserve everything coming to them

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I got an audio recording of the six hour bankruptcy hearing yesterday and am listening to it while doing some other stuff. A lot of twitter has hit the highlights but I'm a dork and am listening for more judge questioning.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mr. Nice! posted:

I got an audio recording of the six hour bankruptcy hearing yesterday and am listening to it while doing some other stuff. A lot of twitter has hit the highlights but I'm a dork and am listening for more judge questioning.

Hit is with some highlights as you encounter them, please.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Morter posted:

or maybe share a link for us other nerds with time on their hands :ninja:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Morter posted:

Right out the gate the judge starts asking about why he was given a budget with $80k in travel expenses for Jones for CT trial and why million dollar payments were being made to PQPR and jones' personal amex in the month before the bankruptcy filing were being sent to him, and why is he having to point out these payments as possibly questionable? He asks counsel for Lee & Schwartz pointedly whether Schwartz approved those payments and for an explanation. He was given a half assed one.

The move on and he approves the co-counsel that had applied onto the case. Then he moves onto the hearing for Lee & Schwartz. Their attorney is presenting. He goes over the background of the US Trustee's objection by first mentioning that it isn't an allegation that they are unqualified.

He states that the trustee's only objection was because Lee didn't tell the court that he had been retained by FSS (who were debtors and opposite InfoW in bankruptcy similar to how PQPR relates to FSS now) while the InfoW bankruptcy was ongoing and the judge interrupts with something basically like "well, what do you think? You were there. Should he have told me?" and then basically dialogued that his argument that they're separate cases is meritless because this is all substantially the same group and an action in one case necessarily follows to the next. Counsel says he couldn't find cases against his point to which the judge immediately replies something like "yeah because this is unprecedented. Just because no one has ever done this doesn't mean it isn't wrong." He then discusses whether or not he can actually trust that these people are able to work for the best interest of the estate. That's about where I'm at when I started writing this post. I don't know if I'll listen to the whole thing, but it's what is happening right now.

I'm about 36 minutes in. If anyone can give me an easy way to share an mp3 I will. This will probably be on courtlistener at some point, but I don't have their extension installed so when I bought it on pacer they didn't get it. It was only $2.40 so I probably won't even be billed. Docket #186 here https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64868456/free-speech-systems-llc/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc

e: "Nothing disclosed to me. That's what I'm saying. Everybody may have known. It's what was represented to me and whether that continues into this case."

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 21, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I scrolled back to Jones' after lunch courthouse presser which he opened with a statement regarding the bankruptcy. I decided to type it out as best as I could.

Alex Jones posted:

I'll answer all of your questions but there was a big national news story that broke last night concerning the bankruptcy
of Free Speech Systems the parent company of InfoWars.com. So here's the official statement:

[reading off his phone]

The bankruptcy court entered an order that removed two professional firms for reasons for involving (?)
the earlier chapter 11 case and their firms prior non-disclosures. Importantly, Free Speech Systems is in control
of it's case as we are working closely with subchapter 5 trustee and it's council. The bankruptcy court
had no criticism of any of Free Speech's activities and in fact retained our lead lawyer to now lead the case.
Free Speech will actively and quickly retain replacement professionals this time with the guidelines of the
subchapter 5 trustee and lessons learned. The courts ruling opens up Free Speech to become a better, leaner and more
responsive operation free from the issues of problems noted by the court with their prior professionals.

[puts phone down and starts riffin]

I think Judge Lopez in Texas has been very fair and been doing a great job the media spun some changes in our
bankruptcy proceedures as some big huge evil bad thing. it wasn't we invited the chapter 5 trustee in. In fact we
DEMANDED that they come see our books and find out the truth. I guess that's precipitated them coming in and
looking at things and talking to the court. So that said that's the big issue I wanted to get out of the way.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 21, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The judge is ripping the guy that wrote the schwartz response to the objection because he accused the US Trustee's office of unethical behavior.

mr so and so, did you work on the responses to the objection?" "yes, your honor" "ok, I'm going to hand you a copy right here so we can go over something before we get to evidence

I'm handing you a copy of the objection. This is serious. I want you to point out to me what is unethical.

you're saying a branch of the department of justice is conducting unethical behavior? that's a serious allegation. I want you to point me to this.

If any of you have a pacer account and download the mp3, you can skip to about 30 minutes to start. Judge is very loving mad about the accusations that the US Trustee committed an ethical breach.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Pattis should claim that, just like how Alex claims he’d do his show for free because it’s that important, the plaintiffs should be fine receiving zero dollars because the satisfaction of suing Jones is its own reward. I don’t think that’s a good argument, but I’d like to see him make it.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I think that if we really wanted to bring Alex Jones down we take this opportunity to let people know that now that Infowars is ran by the government anything Alex Jones says on his show has to be approved by the government so you can no longer trust anything he says. Dumb, but I know his base.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm glad he didn't speak yesterday right after those gut wrenching testimonies, that would have felt insulting towards the people who did speak.
There is no way he could possibly come across as a sympathetic character in the eyes of the jurors. Whatever happens today its certainly going to be a time.

Fake edit: just a general thanks to the posters who are much more knowledgeable about the American legal system. You posts are incredibly helpful for the rest of us.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 22, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Confusedslight posted:

I'm glad he didn't speak yesterday right after those gut wrenching testimonies, that would have felt insulting towards the people who did speak.
There is no way he could possibly come across as a sympathetic character in the eyes of the jurors. Whatever happens today its certainly going to be a time.

Fake edit: just a general thanks to the posters who are much more knowledgeable about the American legal system. You posts are incredibly helpful for the rest of us.

Reynal tried it with the Texas plaintiff’s and it went really poorly. I’m sure Pattis will find other ways to be horribly disrespectful too.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

starting in a second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTrwQvDeSPE

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I can't wait to see how Alex screws up his testimony.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
today's not going to be a fun day

https://twitter.com/PattisNorm/status/1572901339285573633

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
And he's there! Just sitting down like a dumb dumb.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

For me, this is the fireworks factory.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

We're going straight into Jones as a witness so watch this from the start for wild poo poo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
jones is already very sweaty and talking too much

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
There is no way he can follow these rules.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

JaneError posted:

There is no way he can follow these rules.

lmao there's no chance

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jones just having to be quiet in a room while other people talk is far too much for him.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
is it just me or is the stream quieter today

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I can hear the sidebar, should I be able to hear them doing a sidebar?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Pyrtanis posted:

is it just me or is the stream quieter today

It's definitely quieter.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yes, it’s supposed to be on the record. Norm’s gotten in trouble at few points for blocking the mic, in fact!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wonder what the WiFi issue is that they've had to take a recess for...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pyrtanis posted:

Said they couldn't connect and as such couldn't present certain pieces of evidence

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pyrtanis posted:

Deep State hackers

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

OneMoreTime posted:

Yes, it’s supposed to be on the record. Norm’s gotten in trouble at few points for blocking the mic, in fact!

To expand the Judge ruled on the first day that all sidebars needed to be on the record - and Norm complained about it since he said if that was the case he would have to 'grandstand' during sidebars. As OneMoreTime said Norm has tried to get around this a few different ways.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Why do you have to grandstand, Norm?

For whom?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Who hurt you Norm? You don't have to grandstand around friends, you're safe here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

For context, Alex claims on his show that during the Texas trial there were secret court proceedings where the judge ordered the livestream turned off so she could snarl and howl like a demon at him. Having the sidebars be open to the public helps to curtail that, hopefully.