Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Am I more or less likely to eat a Russian nuke living in Newcastle? On one hand im pretty far from London, on the other if their intel docs are out of date they might think the northeast is still an industrial powerhouse

Depends, do you want a quick death in white hot nuclear fire or a slow one in the aftermath?

Also lol at Putin getting owned so hard by Ukraine he's resorted to threatening tactical nukes because his actual army is so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Also lol at Putin getting owned so hard by Ukraine he's resorted to threatening tactical nukes because his actual army is so bad.

how'd they get the requisite 25 kill streak to get a tactical nuke then? you idiot, you absolute moron.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/TLDRNewsUK/status/1572694066651103237

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's already insanely bad and now they're been planning on cracking down on those who're receiving benefits while working

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1572868937947443201?t=RAjfRaXXbsXbNLNXG8R6gw&s=19

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
just in case you somehow forgot she's a tory

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Simply earn more, what's the problem. Get a job that pays more, or negotiate a higher salary with your current employers. These are things that you can definitely do and are not unrealistic.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why not have multiple jobs? Just work until you drop dead.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

keep punching joe posted:

dude do you know how hard it is to write very factual op-eds about mental health crises without mentioning capitalism

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Can't get a better job and need the benefit money? Guess you'll just die then

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can't claim benefits if you're dead.

The ultimate 'don't like it there's the door simple as'.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1572903779183337474

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Can't claim benefits if you're dead.

The ultimate 'don't like it there's the door simple as'.

canada went straight to euthanasia of the poor but terf island prefers more classic starvation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1572943277502124039?t=u7B2mzInx6tKrCi60vXZdg&s=19

Truss is working fast to dismantle everything.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Voters Voted For Pain, OP.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Tory death march is pretty bad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

"I never voted for this" I say as I lower my cybershades and start the fight against the Illuminati (poor people)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I never expected the leopard to go in me dry

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The NI increase was bad though?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Microplastics posted:

I never expected the leopard to go in me dry

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

i wonder what happens when the govt tightens its belt at the same time as the central bank increases rates. hmm

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

The problem is that it was going to pay for something that might not be paid for now, or it's going to be covered by borrowing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

making up for the dead queen hurting tourism witih lira-pound parity to spur it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jose posted:

Was it? Idk much about your poo poo, but what I was reading said it was the tax that paid for your version of social security. Knowing at the moment your island is heading into a disastrous winter with projected double digit inflation m/m the rest of the year then plowing into a recession while the pound continues to weaken plus the austerity you posted above. It seems part of the broader, "this will be bad."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mr Hootington posted:

Was it? Idk much about your poo poo, but what I was reading said it was the tax that paid for your version of social security. Knowing at the moment your island is heading into a disastrous winter with projected double digit inflation m/m the rest of the year then plowing into a recession while the pound continues to weaken plus the austerity you posted above. It seems part of the broader, "this will be bad."

The issue is that it's a flat tax (as is social security AFAIK) so it hit the average person much harder than the well-off.

It's complicated, but the business tax cuts are a lot more problematic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Private Speech posted:

The issue is that it's a flat tax (as is social security AFAIK) so it hit the average person much harder than the well-off.

It's complicated, but the business tax cuts are a lot more problematic.

Ah ok. I understand now.thanks for explaining.

Yeah the business tax cuts are nuts.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

In fact it's regressive rather than flat (in terms of percent it goes down with income as opposed to being a fixed percentage), even better.

Didn't think about the post much.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1442755742486962178https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1572978172840538113

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

gotta do something with all those 50 year olds who bet the house on working north sea oil forever

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

gotta do something with all those 50 year olds who bet the house on working north sea oil forever

Put them in camps?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/22/labour-considering-abolishing-house-of-lords-if-it-wins-next-election-leaked-report-reveals

quote:

The House of Lords would be reformed as an assembly of regions and nations, with a remit of safeguarding the constitution and with power to refer the government to the supreme court. Labour peers are being consulted on the proposals.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is gordon brown kinda considered between blair and corbyn on the political spectrum

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

i say swears online posted:

is gordon brown kinda considered between blair and corbyn on the political spectrum

It's pretty hard for one not to be tbh

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Cameron is between Blair and Corbyn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ok ok fair

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

the 'brownites' were always thought of as the left faction at the time but there's barely any daylight between them and the blairites, it's just factional poo poo with no ideological basis

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I hated Brown when he was in office almost as much as Blair, but when compared with what came after it's difficult not to dislike him a bit less.

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

i wonder what happens when the govt tightens its belt at the same time as the central bank increases rates. hmm

No, see, the BoE has to raise rates and cause a deep recession in order to stop the nasty inflation monster, while the government gives a series of huge cash giveaways to the middle classes in order the keep the economy ticking over because mumble mumble mumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

I hated Brown when he was in office almost as much as Blair, but when compared with what came after it's difficult not to dislike him a bit less.

he was a grumpy sod, and he could have rolled into it instead some freak advisor told him to start smiling all the time and looked stupid instead