Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Assume he is always farting due to ingesting too many powders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Also I low key think it was genius for the plaintiffs lawyers to end their first round of questioning today. They got quite a bit of leash as the judge still wasn't quite sure how bad Alex would get.

Now Norm starts with a judge that's completely fed up with Alex's shenanigans already and who's pissed at him personally for being a condescending jackass telling her that SHE needs to do more to control HIS client oh my GOD What the gently caress

So hopefully they both earn a contempt hearing tomorrow :)

Lawyers let me know if I'm hella off base though

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'm just starting to watch Alex's examination and my god he looks like poo poo. Huge bags under his eyes, guy looks like he hasn't slept in weeks.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I think I need a smoke after that.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sad I only saw the last ten minutes. I'd love if someone linked a timestamp of the beginning of the breakdown when the video is up.

So we taking bets how long Alex can go before he's in contempt for zero tolerance tomorrow? I'm going to go long and say two hours.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

KitConstantine posted:

Also I low key think it was genius for the plaintiffs lawyers to end their first round of questioning today. They got quite a bit of leash as the judge still wasn't quite sure how bad Alex would get.

Now Norm starts with a judge that's completely fed up with Alex's shenanigans already and who's pissed at him personally for being a condescending jackass telling her that SHE needs to do more to control HIS client oh my GOD What the gently caress

So hopefully they both earn a contempt hearing tomorrow :)

Yeah I liked the last question. He was asking about a poll on infowars.com that was titled "what's going to be the next deep state false flag" with the first option being mass shooting.

I only caught the end of it, it seemed like Mattei was trying to get Alex to behave badly. Like probably a dangerous strategy for any other witness but this is Alex Jones.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Sad I only saw the last ten minutes. I'd love if someone linked a timestamp of the beginning of the breakdown when the video is up.

So we taking bets how long Alex can go before he's in contempt for zero tolerance tomorrow? I'm going to go long and say two hours.
I was just about to post it: https://youtu.be/FTrwQvDeSPE?t=23724

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I'm waiting for the inevitable rants to appear as some kind of "gotcha" on social media like they did with the Epstein thing from the last one.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Can someone give me the plaintiff/defendant/court team matchup for the Connecticut trial? I'm getting "who's on first" vibes with the semi-similar names.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

LifeSunDeath posted:

jones' lawyer sounds like donald pleasants as the psych guy in F13th trying to explain Jason's mental condition. But to the judge!

i mean yeah "alex jones" and all, but we HAVE to talk about this

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Oh man just watching the meltdown. He is gonna lose so much money...

Also Pattis is such a moron cause a lot of this should have been objected to and he could have won but his behavior earlier in the trial was so bad that the judge gave (in kind of my opinion) wayyyyyy to much leeway with questioning

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 22, 2022

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Yep. The jury can't unsee that.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1573045550890491907?s=20&t=pukrXDDLp5iz0H_Z2Dx0Sg

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

Also Pattis is such a moron cause a lot of this should have been objected to and he could have won but his behavior earlier in the trial was so bad that the judge gave (in kind of my opinion) wayyyyyy to much leeway with questioning

Pattis did object. The judge either couldn't hear him (or said she couldn't) over Alex shouting.

She as good as said she let things go at the end because she refused to keep repeating the rules, having Alex say he understood, then promptly igore them again.

She also was pretty pissed at Pattis's insinuation that it is her job to control his client.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

KitConstantine posted:

Pattis did object. The judge either couldn't hear him (or said she couldn't) over Alex shouting.

She as good as said she let things go at the end because she refused to keep repeating the rules, having Alex say he understood, then promptly igore them again.

She also was pretty pissed at Pattis's insinuation that it is her job to control his client.

The only way she could have controlled Alex at this point is if she insisted on him wearing a shock collar to stop him whenever Pattis objected.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

KitConstantine posted:

She overruled a few objectives for being argumentative that (again just my opinion) should have been sustained instead. Problem is he was so bad at objecting earlier that the judge just isn't taking it now. She literally had to say "just say one word like hearsay or argumentative" to him.

I think this kind of just shows that Pattis is really incompetent, just not in the ways we saw in Texas. It was more of a slow burn incompetence that is now on full display

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

thinkin bout dat VASOBOOST now tbh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The only way Pattis could control Alex at this point is if you gave Pattis a wheelbarrow full of Alex’s money that he could set on fire anytime Alex opened his mouth

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

thinkin bout dat VASOBOOST now tbh

VasoBEET

cue whispering "I could go for some beet juice"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tree Dude posted:

VasoBEET

cue whispering "I could go for some beet juice"

Oh poo poo, I hope it improves memory for the low price of 40 dollars

20 dollars on sale

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

a recurring theme in Alex's testimony today is that Pattis would object to a question, and then Alex would ignore the objection (even if it was sustained) and answer anyway

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Holy poo poo. I didn't see any of it today but I'm just checking out some clips.

This is loving insane. Everyone is. The plaintiff lawyer is just going insane (as he should dealing with Jones but wow, he's getting away with a lot).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzGSZRlNJo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

KitConstantine posted:

You're right. Leaving the jury with an evening image of Alex Jones being an unhinged rear end in a top hat not only acting callously to their neighbors, but setting up his followers to disbelieve the next family that loses a kid is the platonic ideal of cross-examination.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Lol, Pattis was throwing objections but Jones would just just keep talking louder and the judge literally just looked down, shook her head, and completely ignored it. Didn't even respond.

:lol:

This trial is not going well for Alex Jones.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

did jones have to testify? or did he choose to

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

That DICK! posted:

In this case, he was subpoenaed by plaintiffs' counsel.

At least, I believe Mattei said so right at the beginning.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

That DICK! posted:

Has to, in so far as I'm aware. He was called to testify.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't see any of it today but I'm just checking out some clips.

This is loving insane. Everyone is. The plaintiff lawyer is just going insane (as he should dealing with Jones but wow, he's getting away with a lot).

"Argumentati-" "Overruled."

The poor judge has to deal with that poo poo.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Is it out of the ordinary that the plantiff does not put an expected monetary damages amount they hope to get in their opening statement?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Confusedslight posted:

Is it out of the ordinary that the plantiff does not put an expected monetary damages amount they hope to get in their opening statement?

i dont think its out of the ordinary, there's always hope that the jury is dumb and will do some solomonic "we find them liable but reward $1" bullshit

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If everyone manages to get out of tomorrow without a contempt charge I'm guessing they are in the clear. Between TX and CT I'm guessing we've seen plenty of behavior that would justify contempt in another courtroom on another day but they are letting things go because of how long it's taken to get to this point and want to just steer this to a verdict? Or are judges just really normally this restrained on dropping the contempt hammer?

Confusedslight posted:

Might drop it in the closing? I could see that being effective.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Confusedslight posted:

Do they not submit that when they sue? Like "we are suing for x amount for defamation"?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
This means there's going to be a Bankston v Pattis grand final right?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ilmucche posted:

Do they not submit that when they sue? Like "we are suing for x amount for defamation"?

Generally they have to request specific relief for claims. Every jurisdiction is slightly different in regards to written and case law but I always asked for specific amounts when I had the evidence to prove them. “I ask for an award of lost wages in the amount of $1,275,000” for example.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ILL Machina posted:

This means there's going to be a Bankston v Pattis grand final right?

The two plaintiff lawyers have to compete against each other in a trial and then the winner goes against Pattis. Like Beat Bobby Flay.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m sure this has been discussed here but there are a lot of posts to go through.

Can someone please say whether this state has a damages cap, the way Texas does? And what are the possible damages that could be awarded to the parents in this one?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

MrMojok posted:

I’m sure this has been discussed here but there are a lot of posts to go through.

Can someone please say whether this state has a damages cap, the way Texas does? And what are the possible damages that could be awarded to the parents in this one?

According to Opening Arguments, a podcast that knows more about the law than me: Connecticut does have damages caps but they only apply to some cases. This case does not have a cap. The judge decides the damages.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This case specifically does not have a damage cap on one count because Jones violated Connecticut's deceptive practices/commercial fraud statute by making a fuckton of money off of his lies. In most states, fraud is exempt from punitive caps.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:lmao:

Played him like a goddamn fiddle, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I say again norm was foolish to agree to let the day end without any cross.