Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Then roll the army into the postal service
I'd be all for this, because then the post office would actually get funded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Has any member of the Space Force been to space yet?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They're not space force until they have a boot camp on the moon, imho

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Space Force is so loving stupid, in retaliation a future Congress should wrap both it and the Air Force into the loving Army.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Brawnfire posted:

They're not space force until they have a boot camp on the moon, imho

I'm here just for the logo

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I will tell anybody who asks it's stupid. Nobody asks me anything, though. :smith:

Why not?

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Sep 22, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Space Force is an elaborate ploy by the challenge coin lobby.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My application to be "Undersecretary for the Determination of What's Completely Stupid Please Stop Doing That" is constantly being rejected for silly reasons like "this doesn't exist" and "you don't even have clearance" and "please untie yourself from the doors before we have to call security."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/keyon/status/1572721129650851842

Bonus:
https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1572713573213782020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dumb Marketing Moves: NO Conservatives

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
written by a French person, for whom "preservatives" is a false-friend for "condoms"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lotion for women: $5.99

Exact same lotion but in a black tube FOR MEN: $15.99

Exact same lotion but it's Genderless: *confused screaming*

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
It's a celebrity label with a French name being advertised in a Vogue writeup. It's more like

Exact same lotion but it's Genderless: $29.99

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is "blacklist" of ingredients a normal phrase anybody has ever used?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You have to pay extra because of all the extra work to take all the Genders out of the lotion.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Is "blacklist" of ingredients a normal phrase anybody has ever used?

Panera has a blacklist of poo poo it won't use, the call it the "no no list" and it band a bunch of "artificial' sweeteners and preservatives and also lard because why not? Its exactly as stupid as it sounds.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
dudes going to make a killing when regressive protest buy it to throw into their toilet or burn it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

As a long time customer and supporter of [CELEBRITY ENDORSED LOTION] I can't believe [PRODUCERS OF CELEBRITY ENDORSED LOTION] would do something as stupid as make [CELEBRITY ENDORSED LOTION] political. I have destroyed my [CELEBRITY ENDORSED LOTION] and will never buy [CELEBRITY ENDORSED LOTION] but will instead purchase [CHUD STARTUP LOTION WITH NFT MONKEY BRANDING] who don't politicize like libtard commie [PRODUCERS OF CELEBRITY ENDORSED LOTION]. Get woke, go broke, [CELEBRITY]!!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
DUKE CANNON will never be endorsed by women, Europeans, or NFT monkeys.

more dumb marketing

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nah, more like smart marketing to dumb people

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Gaius Marius posted:

Panera has a blacklist of poo poo it won't use, the call it the "no no list" and it band a bunch of "artificial' sweeteners and preservatives and also lard because why not? Its exactly as stupid as it sounds.

Aldi has a whole parade of dumbass poo poo. The line of meat products made without preservatives or nitrates ("except those naturally occuring in celery juice," which is functionally the same) is called "Never Any," like the package is "Never Any Chicken Sausage" and "Never Any Turkey Bacon," which i thought meant they were meat-replacement products that never had any chicken or turkey in them, but that is wrong. The organic poo poo often boasts "Made with real ingredients!" - it's one thing to be like "made with real [specific ingredient]" but literally "made with real ingredients"...

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

InediblePenguin posted:

Aldi has a whole parade of dumbass poo poo. The line of meat products made without preservatives or nitrates ("except those naturally occuring in celery juice," which is functionally the same) is called "Never Any," like the package is "Never Any Chicken Sausage" and "Never Any Turkey Bacon," which i thought meant they were meat-replacement products that never had any chicken or turkey in them, but that is wrong.

As a frequent buyer of fake meat products (not a vegetarian per se, just often prefer the fake stuff, particularly chicken), this would drive me insane!

Similarly, I hate when frozen products labels themselves something spelled weird, like "CHICKEN WYNGZ" or whatever, because to me, that usually makes me assume something is a faux meat, not just normal meat trying to be edgy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It took me actual minutes to divine if JUST EGGS, were just eggs or just not eggs

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Oh god, that reminds me of how Real Fruit Gummies, which I used to love, went vegan (instead of gelatin). And now they're poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It gets worse because depending on the brand WINGZ are like buffalo chicken nuggets but WYNGZ are plant-based.

Just loving label poo poo normally if you're a giant conglomerate like Tyson trying to muscle in on Beyond/Impossible's turf.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lard is good and we should use more lard.

oh and have a bunch of other animal fats. fight back against Big Plant Oil.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

lard is good and we should use more lard.

This is how we end up with 20 year olds on statins.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Agents are GO! posted:

This is how we end up with 20 year olds on statins.

I mean if you use it sparingly, like a spoonful to fry some rice and chicken it's amazing.

Using it to deep fry is pretty bad.

Using it as a sauce like Nashville hot chicken is extremely bad.

And a 20 year old goon eating a bucket of it because a deranged fitness forum mod banned all the healthcare providers who said it was a bad idea is hilarious.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

The Anime Liker posted:

According to my nonbinary friends, confused screaming is normal.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Anime Liker posted:

I mean if you use it sparingly, like a spoonful to fry some rice and chicken it's amazing.

Using it to deep fry is pretty bad.

Using it as a sauce like Nashville hot chicken is extremely bad.

And a 20 year old goon eating a bucket of it because a deranged fitness forum mod banned all the healthcare providers who said it was a bad idea is hilarious.

How about as lube?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Anime Liker posted:

Phanatic posted:

It's a celebrity label with a French name being advertised in a Vogue writeup. It's more like

Exact same lotion but it's Genderless: $29.99

you guys know you could verify that it's over $300 in like two clicks from that tweet right

$385 for the 'serum', $320 for 'the cream', $310 for the 'liquid cream', and only $80 for the 'cleansing emulsion' - you know, for the poors

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The pores?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Expecting people to interact with the trash fire that is Twitter beyond whatever manages to embed is the actual dumb marketing move

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

BMan posted:

Oh god, that reminds me of how Real Fruit Gummies, which I used to love, went vegan (instead of gelatin). And now they're poo poo

You gotta watch out on “real fruit” too. Like the grocery store brand blueberry pancakes. It’s printed right on the box, “made with real fruit”. You have to read through the ingredients to realize it’s not real blueberry. It’s tiny chunks of apple with blueberry flavoring in them. But it’s still real fruit!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A "leather belt" only needs to have leather touching leather. So the belts you can get at Walmart/target are usually real thin leather with filler between them

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Brawnfire posted:

How about as lube?

Call me if you want to make a chicken fried steak

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Oh my. :geno:

Adbot