Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Piell posted:

No, he just put his hand over the mic to gently caress it up, he really hates being recorded in sidebars/etc, he's hosed with the mic by the judge's table like four different times and been told to stop doing it (and one time knocked over a tablet or something and had to fiddle with it for like 30 seconds trying to fix it)

Ah, that's more reasonable (if less fun)

edit: fart snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Further questioning him on why his attorney didn't feel the urge to cross-examine plus the content of his morning rant would seem like an easy way to trip the zero tolerance clause.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
This seems like a bad choice:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1573340357928042496?s=46&t=wOoLR4welO2lQ7KYh-CkiQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

We're actually on break right now while plaintiffs counsel huddle and figure out what the proper legal remedy is for this situation. This is unprecedented.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

We're actually on break right now while plaintiffs counsel huddle and figure out what the proper legal remedy is for this situation. This is unprecedented.

Thanks, I was still confused as to what happened despite actually listening to it.

In my defence, I'm at work.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

The answer is probably a gag order? He's clearly trying to influence the jury via the media

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stick him in custody until they're done.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

goatface posted:

Stick him in custody until they're done.

On the one hand, that would give Jones the performative martyrdom that he so craves and he'd be able to milk it for years.

On the other, that would just about the only way to get him to actually shut the gently caress up.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Currently, Jones is doing a bit claiming he's gonna do an emergency broadcast tomorrow and also using the exchange about crypto in court as an ad to raise more money, so if Pattis is trying to avoid a gag order he's predictably not being helped by his client.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Someone on the plaintiffs side should just have the live broadcast playing on their laptop, and ‘accidentally’ pull the headphone plug when Alex inevitably makes specific and direct threats against the court.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

A gag order seems pretty reasonable right about now. Just slap an ankle bracelet around his face for the duration of the trial.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Scam Likely posted:

A gag order seems pretty reasonable right about now. Just slap an ankle bracelet around his face for the duration of the trial.

A gag order would be the worst thing in the world for Pattis and Jones because you know Jones is going to violate it within an hour of it being handed down

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

alex jones should literally be gagged

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

OneMoreTime posted:

and also using the exchange about crypto in court as an ad to raise more money

That seems like a bad plan when the government is looking at his accounts in real-time.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

OneMoreTime posted:

A gag order would be the worst thing in the world for Pattis and Jones because you know Jones is going to violate it within an hour of it being handed down

Might also be why the Texas lawyers instead just kept sanctioning him. Easier to get money out of him than silence.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Court is back in session

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Stream down for anyone else?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Unfortunately, stream appears to have died, or at least on my end.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Confusedslight posted:

Stream down for anyone else?

Yup

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It is for me

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mojo1701a posted:

Might also be why the Texas lawyers instead just kept sanctioning him. Easier to get money out of him than silence.

We've clearly seen the limits of that strategy. Until it's enough money to cost him more than the dick pills he can shill by screaming louder about his persecution it'll never stop.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Deep state killed the stream to keep their secrets safe.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Arghhhh I pushed my lunch to 1:00 so I could see this

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

yep stream broke here too dangit

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Dear god, why? Watch some funny cat videos or something.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
It's not just the L&C stream either. The Reuters one is down as well.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Mr. Nice! posted:

Legit your not trolling and your serious right? Like I sincerely want to hear more from you explaining stuff because it's so much going on and hard to follow as a layperson. All I know is Jones is loving up bad and I appreciate you and the others with law degrees explaining in wtf faces how bad this is. Jones outburst was obvious just the stuff today is hard to follow

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The internet at the courthouse has been noted to be very poor, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had issues relating to that. It happened earlier this week which resulted in a delay in proceedings.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Legit your not trolling and your serious right? Like I sincerely want to hear more from you explaining stuff because it's so much going on and hard to follow as a layperson. All I know is Jones is loving up bad and I appreciate you and the others with law degrees explaining in wtf faces how bad this is. Jones outburst was obvious just the stuff today is hard to follow

Attempting to influence a jury in such a way is a big deal. Before the stream died all we know is that the court was given a link to the youtube for the presser so that she could watch it herself. Dunno what has happened since as we're all watching a spinning ring.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Other unrelated streams are also down so I think this is a Youtube issue

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Its back

Edit: Wait I think it might just be repeating the last bit for me

2nd Edit: No, my bad, still down.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

No that's just a loop from earlier. We're still down.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Tarezax posted:

delightful

Luckily Elizabeth Williamson is in the court so she should be able to update us eventually
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1573343891314679808?s=20&t=yohJJYoteOEjPL-uHONrQw

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09/23/us/alex-jones-sandy-hook?auth=login-google

This is Elizabeth's liveblog on NYT, some highlights:

"The judge is asking Pattis to persuade his client not to urge the jurors to do their own research, which of course violates a cardinal rule of trial. Actually, she’s wondering whether that’s possible. Out of respect for the court as an institution he says he’ll try. But he says that Jones goes to the courthouse steps because he can’t get a fair hearing in the press."

Followed by:

"The judge is admonishing Pattis to stick to the matter at hand — persuading Jones to stop instructing the jury from his news conferences on the courthouse steps."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
More immediate updates can be found here
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09/23/us/alex-jones-sandy-hook

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
It's working if you stream directly from the Law and Crime website:

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/alex-jones/watch-live-alex-jones-connecticut-defamation-trial/

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Tarezax posted:

Can confirm. Checking a totally related radio stream and it's buffering as well.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Genius!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thank you.

e: and that's it for the day. I think the judge is going to watch the footage and make a decision based upon that.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thank you.

e: and that's it for the day. I think the judge is going to watch the footage and make a decision based upon that.

That should be interesting. He was pretty unhinged at the presser

edit: will her judgement come on Monday in court or be filed?