Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

dogstile posted:

On a different note, is ranked working for anyone? I can't find a game.

i haven't quite been able to play enough to get into ranked, which i bet is a problem even if the system is working well - there's probably not a terirbly large pool of players that's above level 20 yet. maybe tomorrow will be different? definitely post weekend unless there's a big technical issue with ranked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Comp is gonna depend on the game mode but I'd be surprised if 3 slots weren't dedicated to GM, Gundam, and Sazabi.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ninjewtsu posted:

i do wish stuns weren't as prevalent though - i feel like they were less common in the network test?

There's no new stun effects since then. For existing stuns, Turn A's stun got buffed a bit, but Barbatos's stun got nerfed a bit, and as far as I can tell all of the others are about the same as they were. It's probably just a matter of people utilizing the stuns that exist better than in the network test. I've definitely seen more RX-78 players in live than I did in the network test, for example.

Kild posted:

Comp is gonna depend on the game mode but I'd be surprised if 3 slots weren't dedicated to GM, Gundam, and Sazabi.

I feel like whether or not GM becomes meta depends on how prevalent stuns and shield breaks end up being. Sazabi and Gundam both benefit hugely from their shields but aren't 100% reliant on them to function - Sazabi has fat rear end HP and good mobility and Gundam has a ranged stun and what amounts to a marksman rifle - whereas if you can null the GM's shield the suit dies instantly and contributes nothing.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 23, 2022

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Anyone else having crazy lag? I'm on wired and opponents are just disappearing as I'm shooting them, weird spikes, being shot from behind walls.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'll be pretty shocked if the meta doesn't demand a sazabi on both teams every match ngl. Just on a basic level no other suit provides that kind of beef to your team - only the gm comes close and there's a lot more ways to quickly kill it. With the high mobility and lethality of the game having robot that can step on the point and say "I'm not getting off here until you kill all my buddies first or every member of your team shoots at me at once" is both unique and valuable

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly his biggest problem is the other Sazabi walking in and axing him.

I also like that you can yeet his axe from spawn and just launch yourself straight back into the fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Overbite posted:

Anyone else having crazy lag? I'm on wired and opponents are just disappearing as I'm shooting them, weird spikes, being shot from behind walls.

I had one match with notable lag, but no others.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Yeah, I think the servers are suffering

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just reminded myself of another go fast mech game Hawken. Wish we could get a working popular sequel to that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If you were to add one suit from each series you have seen, what would you pick.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
any suit with a funnel system deserves to be in the game, funnel systems rule

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Gundam Virtue that can sacrifice its firepower/armor for speed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The dumbest looking suits from each series

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now it's the Shytarn's time to shine

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

MonsterEnvy posted:

If you were to add one suit from each series you have seen, what would you pick.

Graze.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah Virtue feels like a pretty natural choice. A beefy boy who can post up somewhere with a big shield, but rather than a chain gun for constant coverage you have a big single shot so it can't just lock down an entry.

Overall it would be cool to see a fairly even mix of grunts and hero suits.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

where's my zakrello when do they put in the meme robot

acguy would also be an excellent pick

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ninjewtsu posted:

where's my zakrello when do they put in the meme robot

acguy would also be an excellent pick

Yes, where is the Acguy???

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want mandala gundam in this game

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Wing is probably gonna get put in because it's so recognizable/popular but shenlong gundam would be a cool melee build suit. Give him like a long range grapple that pulls targets to him. Game gets its Hog.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More Zakus

Put in Char's Zaku

Put in Doan's Zaku with the hosed up nose

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the melee zaku should've been bernie's zaku and it should've had an ability using the blow up santa decoy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For my choices.

Gundam: Zeong
Zeta: Qubeley
ZZ: ΖΖ Gundam
Victory: Rig Contio
Gundam Wing: Tallgeese
∀ Gundam: Turn X
Gundam Seed: Justice Gundam
Gundam 00: Arche Gundam
Ironblooded Orphans: Gundam Kimaris Vidar.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 23, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

More Zakus

Put in Char's Zaku

Put in Doan's Zaku with the hosed up nose

Char's Zaku is in already.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ok jokes aside maxter gundam would rule

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Put in the dumptruck rear end dom

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So what’s the best suit to counter a troublesome Zaku II

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Physalis armed with a nuke

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just shoot him in the head when he gets close and he dies, reality is anything except the sniper can pretty handily deal with the zaku as long as you turn and shoot it.

Mid rangers just need to use their disables/mobility to keep him at range and shoot him at that distance, close range you just shoot him in the face faster than he shoots you in the face, and the sniper is the only one who really doesn't have much recourse besides blasting it.

I've had luck with the dom by just cruising backwards and throwing mines/rocketing him when he tries to avoid the mines, and when he pops smoke to run away I pursue and then laser him down.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 23, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

any suit can do it as long as they can look at the zaku. zakus are extremely allergic to bullets, or light breezes

turn a's judo throw fucks them up real bad if you can land it. any stun really - rx-78 i find is hard to handle between shield and the thrown stun and a long ranged high damage gun

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

MonsterEnvy posted:

the motorcycle mechs from Victory Gundam

or the mechs that transform into helicopters, from Victory Gundam

Victory just has so many goofy great designs

speaking of goofy, WaDs from Turn A. gimme those shorties scurrying around shooting out everyone's kneecaps

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would fully expect at least one Witch from Mercury suit in season 2 or 3.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Vizuyos posted:

speaking of goofy, WaDs from Turn A. gimme those shorties scurrying around shooting out everyone's kneecaps

i would hate trying to fight the micro-robots so much but it would be real funny

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I would fully expect at least one Witch from Mercury suit in season 2 or 3.

Funnel shield would be great

Or the one that has the ball to disable abilities

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Vizuyos posted:

the motorcycle mechs from Victory Gundam

or the mechs that transform into helicopters, from Victory Gundam

Victory just has so many goofy great designs

ninjewtsu posted:

i would hate trying to fight the micro-robots so much but it would be real funny

Add the WODOM and have its G Maneuver airdrop a huge cluster of those little fucks in to harass everyone :getin:

Alternately add the WaD itself but have it work like Murkey in HotS did where you can respawn super fast and place a spawn area further up field but die to a stiff breeze.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Real talk I actually would love a SUMO from Turn A, even if they need to pull some abilities out of their rear end to make it happen

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Add the WODOM and have its G Maneuver airdrop a huge cluster of those little fucks in to harass everyone :getin:

Alternately add the WaD itself but have it work like Murkey in HotS did where you can respawn super fast and place a spawn area further up field but die to a stiff breeze.

wadom's g maneuver is its giant fuckoff cannon, there's no way there can be any argument to the contrary

the wads should totally be an ability though

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shining/Burning/God Gundam and whenever you ult it does Domon’s entire battle cry + everyone has to watch Fuunsaiki suit up

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Windmill Gundam, with stealth mode as one of its abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

Shining/Burning/God Gundam and whenever you ult it does Domon’s entire battle cry + everyone has to watch Fuunsaiki suit up

no

the new robot is just fuunsaiki