Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"Rentseeking is justified if you're dating your tenant" is a hell of a take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
but he hasn't completed the ritual yet. the spirits will be angry.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for talking to my MIL like a kid when she touched my belly?

quote:

My husband and I are expecting our firs baby (yei!), we've have some ups and downs with his parents because they don't understand boundaries, but overall it's been really good. For some context, I (24F) come from an abusive home and I can't stand being touched, before getting pregnant this wasn't a problem with my in-laws, but now that I'm carrying a baby, it's been awful with my MIL and my SIL because they think they can touch my belly whenever they want to. Both my husband and I have talked to them, and said that while I would rather they don't touch me at all, I can understand this is a big thing as a family, so I would simply like being asked instead of just feeling a hand at random times, but they rarely do it, so I just move when they touch me.

Now, onto the subject, a week ago my best friend threw me a baby shower and I invited my in-laws and since I don't have any blood family left, we let them invite 10 more people which included aunts-cousins and my husband's grandparents.

It was an overall lovely moment, but at one time, I was sitting eating cake while my MIL talked with my FIL's sister, and while telling her something about the baby, she put her hand in my belly and idk, I just didn't like it. So I took her hand, removed it and said ''No, no, you know I've told you not to touch without asking firs. You know how to ask first, do you? It's easy!'' with the most condescending voice I had. Both my MIL and my FIL's sister looked at me shocked, and then my FIL's sister laughed but my MIL got red in the face.

When it was done, my MIL approached me and said that what I did wasn't nice and she just ''slipped'' so I didn't had to treat her like a kid. I just smiled and said that she touching me after being asked a million times not to was a kid behavior and I just called her out on that. She left, very sad, and when we got home, my FIL called my husband and said he would love for both of us to apologize to each other, but I said no. So he called me an AH.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah, this... he said he was fine actually paying for utilities and poo poo, is everyone missing that?

It's the /r/relationships thread, why bother paying attention when you can just dive in with a dumb lovely hot take?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Midnight Voyager posted:

So $800 is everything that is not "pay me for the privilege of living here". That's fees, water, power, repairs, all that poo poo. Is this the bit you are missing from the story??

I think it’s about as likely as the OP’s assertion that he was promised by both his girlfriend and her parents that they would never, ever pay rent. Assuming we take him at his word she is entitled to ask for rent if she wants it, but should have asked sooner. My problem is the assertion that charging rent at all is a problem. I think that is the OP is being truthful he should move out as soon as possible and leave her.

But I question how much of that is utilities for instance. Assume $200/mo for heating and cooling, 100 for water and sewer, probably $100 for gas or electric, whichever isn’t doing the heating and cooling. A hundred to a hundred fifty for internet and cable. Who knows how much HOA fees are, probably between $250 and $500 but even half of that doesn’t leave a lot of room for maintenance and repairs that aren’t covered by the building. And it probably leaves nothing for the eventuality of a large assessment.

Again $800 on top is too much, but I don’t think $300 or $500 would be.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bargearse posted:

It's the /r/relationships thread, why bother paying attention when you can just dive in with a dumb lovely hot take?

I keep thinking "maybe if I point out the information someone is missing or misreading, a light will come on in someone's head", but then they show up and litigate how much the OP is maybe lying or maybe there's more fees than are included in the amount of money for "fees" and list fees that they MENTIONED like "repairs" and I realize... nah you're right, some people's brains have no light bulb.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for talking to my MIL like a kid when she touched my belly?

Lol, that's a very good way to call people out on their poo poo behavior.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

I keep thinking "maybe if I point out the information someone is missing or misreading, a light will come on in someone's head", but then they show up and litigate how much the OP is maybe lying or maybe there's more fees than are included in the amount of money for "fees" and list fees that they MENTIONED like "repairs" and I realize... nah you're right, some people's brains have no light bulb.

Dude is just not going to be paying when a five digit assessment comes along, or when there is major work that has to be done. He thinks the $700 covers everything but it doesn’t. That’s the long and the short of it. There is no way in hell $700 covers for the inevitable large irregular and unpredictable costs that come with ownership.

His girlfriend still should have told him ahead of time and is probably asking too much, but asking for more than base fees and utilities and light bulbs isn’t wrong.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

Dude is just not going to be paying when a five digit assessment comes along, or when there is major work that has to be done. He thinks the $700 covers everything but it doesn’t. That’s the long and the short of it. There is no way in hell $700 covers for the inevitable large irregular and unpredictable costs that come with ownership.

His girlfriend still should have told him ahead of time and is probably asking too much, but asking for more than base fees and utilities and light bulbs isn’t wrong.

Is that why this extra fee appeared right after they had an argument? I am sure she was thinking of all these and not "I'm mad at my boyfriend and suddenly pulling a new cost of living with me." Did you miss that bit of timing too?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a simple offering of water and earth

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
AITA For Making My Brother Walk To School

quote:

My brother (15M) has recently become an advocate for green living. He has a lot of “rules” for the house that my family follows. Like, no plastic bottles, we all recycle, try to find sustainable alternatives for things, etc. We've all recently started an individual bottle brick and spend time every night after dinner washing our plastic and stuffing the bottle.

My parents and I (21M) are pretty busy people, so my brother takes care of most of the bigger things. We help out where we can. My brother has become a bit of a dictator, and we are always doing something wrong, so we've just left him to handle it the way he would like.

Anyway, I drove my brother to school this morning, it's not far, maybe 3 blocks. I cut up an apple to eat in the car on the way. I accidentally left a seed in one of the pieces of the apple so I rolled down the window to throw it out at the stop sign.

My brother grabbed the seed from me before I could even start to toss it out started yelling at me. He told me that I couldn't throw out the seed as that was littering and its bad for the environment.

I challenged him and asked him how. The animals will eat it or it will grow an apple tree/bush. It is the exact opposite of littering. I asked if it would be littering to plant seeds on the grass next to us. He said no, but I wanted something to grow there, I need to plant it, otherwise its littering. He was getting louder and more combative (leaning over to get in my face), so I told him he could walk the rest of the way. We were probably 2 minutes away on foot. My brother said he was NOT getting out of the car and that I was "required" to drive him.

Y'all, I was fed up, I drove him back to the house, got out of the car, and went inside to start my school work. My brother called my parents who chewed me out for making my brother walk to school over something as petty as an apple seed. I corrected them that I was making him walk for acting like a little drill sergeant. Yeah, it didn't go over well.

I'm the one that got into trouble (or as much trouble as a 21 year old can get into) and my brother got to skip school for the day. My parents, brother, and maternal grandparents are all upset with me for "making" him miss school. I feel like I was justified. I don't want him to think that if he speaks to me like that, I'm just going to roll over and take it. That's not how family should work.

AITA for not driving my brother to school today?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Cerekk posted:

Unmarried couple living together: one of the partners should pay 200% and the other should pay -100%

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for refusing to apologize to my parents poly partner?

quote:

My (16F) parents (36 each) became poly 4 years ago, they came to me and explained what it meant to be that, they've been dating the same person (Maddison, 27F) for the past three years and she moved in with us 2 years ago.

She's overall an okay-ish person, but she's very much into being some kind of ''cool mom'' which she will never be for me. My parents relationship with Maddison is very serious, both of my families know her and while not everyone accepts her as a ''real'' part of their marriage, they're okay with her too. For me, she's more like a roommate my parents love rather that a parent figure or someone I have to listen (My dad's is okay with her trying to discipline me, but my mom is not.)

Well two days ago my boyfriend walked me home and I invited him to have a piece of cake since my mom's birthday was the day before and he couldn't come, he said yes and we went inside and that's honestly everything we did, Maddison came an hour after and we were still in the kitchen, eating and watching tiktoks together, I had my head on his shoulder and we were just chilling. She saw us and began to act very weird, she said hi and drank a glass of water, but after 10 minutes she just stood there pretending to watch her phone, but it was pretty obvious she was watching us. My boyfriend felt uncomfortable and he said his goodbyes. When Maddison and I were left alone, she approached me saying it wasn't okay for me being alone with a boy at 16 and that she would appreciate I don't do it again.

I was honestly shocked, my parents know my boyfriend pretty well and more than that, they know me, and I would never betray their trust by doing something I'm not allowed yet just because I was alone, she wanted to keep talking but I cut her off and said that she had no right to try to give me ''the talk'' and she wasn't my parent in any form to try to parent me or give me unsolicited advice, she said she was just trying to help me, but I said she better not and any concern she had, she could talk it to my REAL parents and if they see it fit, they will talk to me, but just because she was dating them both didn't make her mommy two and I went to my room.

This morning, while my dad drove me to school, he said Maddison talked to both of them and my mom decided she overstepped, but that he agreed with her and he would appreciate a heads up when my boyfriend and I are alone and, that if it was oaky for me, I could apologize, but I said I didn't feel like it and he said he was disappointed.

ETA: My mom just arrived, my dad was already here. I'll be talking to them in a minute and then I'll update. Thank you guys for all the support.

UPDATE: I talked to my parents. They're having a private discussion with Maddison right now so I came to Starbucks with my bf (He's reading the responses right no!) My mom said she'll call me to come home and we all can talk, but right now she doesn't want me in the middle of the mess, so we're waiting for them. I'll give everyone an update at night, I suppose, when I finally talk to them again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Midnight Voyager posted:

Lol at getting mad over throwing an apple seed out the window, but also lmao at positing that it's okay because it might one day grow into an apple tree next to the stop sign

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

therobit posted:

i also love posts where people make up stories to be mad at

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Is that why this extra fee appeared right after they had an argument? I am sure she was thinking of all these and not "I'm mad at my boyfriend and suddenly pulling a new cost of living with me." Did you miss that bit of timing too?

Yes. But again, my issue is with the goons that think rent at all is unreasonable. And the notion that anything above repairs and utilities is unreasonable.

Borosilicate posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? You think it's cool to charge your SO rent when you're not paying to live in the place yourself? It was a gift.

HopperUK posted:

Poor guy found out he was dating a loving landlord just in time

rain dogs posted:

Anything over half the utilities/repairs is just asinine. That's your SO, not a tenant.

Serene Dragon posted:

Why would you want to profit off of your boyfriend? Like, paying utilities and repairs and poo poo yeah, that's fine but him paying her rent is her becoming a parasite landlord to someone she supposedly cares about. She's not even paying a mortgage on the place so it's just her taking money from him every month for herself. That is gross and slimy.

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be honest if he was paying on the mortgage without actually having his name in it he would be an idiot as well. Your not partners your her tenant she sometimes sleeps with

rain dogs posted:

I've rented for 20+ years, by myself, with roommates, girlfriends, and a wife. I've never tried to make a profit off of any of them.

If you think it's ok to profit off someone you're romantically involved with, well that's gonna be a yikesaroonie from me.

Also, from the Reddit thread:

quote:

She pays condo fees ($500 a month) and property tax ($300 a month) which is $800 in total. So sorry my math was wrong, I'd have to pay $1100 a month not $1500 a month. Even then, splitting a one bedroom for $1100 is still above market rate for where I live. Plus I'd have to pay for repairs around the apartment so I'm sure you can tack on an extra $200 a month on average there.

She pays zero rent because her parents bought it and gave it to her. So her bills would be $400 a month, while mine are $1100 a month. Because I'm giving her $700, her total net from the place would be $300 a month in profit.

His math is hard to follow and leaves a lot of shot out but it sounds like she would only be receiving $300/mo over his half of the costs, and as I said that doesn’t account for long term expenses that someone who thinks they shouldn’t have to pay more than utilities and repairs would never in a million years be considering. She’s still the rear end in a top hat for springing it on him the way she did, but the whole situation is more reasonable than the OP or any of the quotes goons make it sound.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

therobit posted:

She’s still the rear end in a top hat for springing it on him the way she did, but the whole situation is more reasonable than the OP or any of the quotes goons make it sound.

It's not, gently caress her

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol at getting mad over throwing an apple seed out the window, but also lmao at positing that it's okay because it might one day grow into an apple tree next to the stop sign

Lmao at captain sustainability demanding car rides just for him, and presumably needing to be picked up again afterwards. By not driving, he's doubling the millage used!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for moving my money to a different account after my step mother threatened me with taking them from me?

quote:

15F here. Step mother and I obviously don't get along. She's been my step mother for 1.5 years.

The money that I have was in a joint account (me and my dad), but step mother had access to the debit card and pin number. I earned this money myself (selling handcrafted items). I broke curfew a few days ago and she suggested that she is considering whether to take 20% of my money out of the account as a fine for punishment and every time this happens she will take 20% more until nothing is left.

I was very upset about her threat and decided that I should move my money before she takes it away. I logged in online and transferred all of it to my big brother's account that night and the next day we went to open a joint bank account with my brother and we moved the money there. So she doesn't have access to it anymore.

So upon learning what happened my dad and step mom are furious at me (and my brother). Step mom is focused on the fact that I've taken away her means of punishment and my dad is upset that I didn't trust him enough to protect my money (he insists he wouldn't have allowed it). Step mom has banned me from seeing my brother (it's meaningless, I don't accept her authority to do this) and my dad says he's hurt that I didn't trust him and as a result he doesn't trust me anymore.

AITA for moving the money?

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Edit: Oops, took too long to write this post.

They said the $700 was the extra money their girlfriend wanted them to pay, and that it would come to $1500 in total on top of the fees they were already paying. But in the comments, they said they got it wrong:

quote:

She pays condo fees ($500 a month) and property tax ($300 a month) which is $800 in total. So sorry my math was wrong, I'd have to pay $1100 a month not $1500 a month. Even then, splitting a one bedroom for $1100 is still above market rate for where I live. Plus I'd have to pay for repairs around the apartment so I'm sure you can tack on an extra $200 a month on average there.

She pays zero rent because her parents bought it and gave it to her. So her bills would be $400 a month, while mine are $1100 a month. Because I'm giving her $700, her total net from the place would be $300 a month in profit.
So it's still more than what the girlfriend was paying before, and they're already factoring in repairs.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Probably fake. Pretty sure a hearty "gently caress off, dickhead" will solve a lot of problems.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for moving my money to a different account after my step mother threatened me with taking them from me?

I wonder why the dad that doesn't seem to be do anything to stop the step mother is not given the benefit of the doubt.

Also, do they let sub 18 year old people open accounts in their name? Genuine question here

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
AITA for spending $45,000 on pictures of ships? I'm told it will be a Living Breathing Universe by that cat with a monocle. Don't tell my wife!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

therobit posted:

Yes. But again, my issue is with the goons that think rent at all is unreasonable. And the notion that anything above repairs and utilities is unreasonable.

Rent is a payment above and beyond the real cost of maintaining an asset. If there was a mortgage no one would be arguing about him paying a share of the interest payment on that. But that doesn't exist here since the apartment was gifted - she is in the literal, economic sense of the term rent seeking. If your goal is to use a romantic partner as a source of unearned profit, why are you in a relationship exactly?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mx. posted:

"How dare you not allow me to steal from you" is a great way to react and definitely not a red flag

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

I wonder why the dad that doesn't seem to be do anything to stop the step mother is not given the benefit of the doubt.

Also, do they let sub 18 year old people open accounts in their name? Genuine question here

That's why they were both joint accounts. One with her dad and the other with her brother.

Borosilicate
Aug 26, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus Christ, I guess I'm at least glad that people are only defending the scumbag landlord gf because they can't read, which is only kind of embarrassing for them.

Borosilicate fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 24, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

That's why they were both joint accounts. One with her dad and the other with her brother.

How the hell did I miss it was a Joint Account with brother. I gotta stop having corned beef for breakfast

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

How the hell did I miss it was a Joint Account with brother. I gotta stop having corned beef for breakfast

Genuinely the funniest thing I've heard anyone blame a brainfart on. I don't know why this cracked me up.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Midnight Voyager posted:

Eh. NTA, kid brother needs to calm down a bit, especially when him being driven to school is a favour that OP was doing, not something necessary for him to get to school at all. No time like the present to teach him there are consequences for biting hands.

Also wtf is a "bottle brick"?

Mx. posted:

Oh, absolutely NTA. Good on the OP for taking prompt action to keep the stepmom from stealing her money, and good on the brother for making sure she could get it done.

Barudak posted:

Generally not, no, unless they're emancipated. Which is why OP has to have a joint account with someone who is over 18.

At least OP only has three years before she can get out of there.

QuarkJets posted:

"How dare you not allow me to steal from you" is a great way to react and definitely not a red flag

I know, right? "Taking something you earned, which I have no claim to and should not have access to, is the only way to punish you. There are no other ways, nothing else will count. The fact I would financially benefit and you would have no recourse because you're a minor and I'm an adult who has nominal guardianship over you has nothing to do with it at all."

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

So one of the little bro's "rules" is finding sustainable alternatives for everything, but he also refuses to walk three loving blocks to school and "requires" his big bro to drive him instead

lol, lmfao

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

tinytort posted:

Also wtf is a "bottle brick"?

Bottle bricking is stuffing inorganic junk into plastic bottles. It can reduce the amount of space used in landfills and in very poor places they can be used as a cheaper alternative to bricks.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my aunt the reason we're never going to be close

Pages back but oh god Sally is who this loving ad is targeted at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru_1fSOMN64

"I'll buy this magnifying glass for my niece and she'll adore living out my noir fantasies and I'll be the Cool Quirky Aunt!" while niece's opinions on whether she'd a) actually like a magnifying glass in the first place and b) want to play detective with auntie rather than, say, wade through mud looking at things that wriggle go utterly unmentioned.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
While it’s mostly calmed down, if you all get obnoxiously hostile like that again, I’m closing the thread for an undetermined amount of time.

Take a loving walk, learn to cook a new dish, be with loved ones, just chill the gently caress out and be nicer.

Be nice or gently caress off

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for ditching my friends wedding after she removed me as a bridesmaid and wanted me to sub for the photographer?

quote:

I, Aila (26/F) was set to be a bridesmaid in my friend Deidre's (26/F) wedding. She had five bridesmaids in total including me. We met in high school and moved back to our mutual hometown area a few years later. I'm 6'1" and my nickname has always been "Big Bird," while the other girls and Diedre are about 5'4" to 5'6" or so. I have a Nikon DSLR and have always like to casually take pictures for my social media, which I did of all of us in the time leading up to the wedding.

The day of the wedding, the paid photographer Jenny was on-site at Diedre's massive church but was sick. She said she'd eaten something that didn't agree with her, that she could power through, and she'd done COVID tests so it wasn't that, but ultimately she had to leave. Shortly after she left and before we were supposed to head toward the sanctuary, Diedre asked me to walk around the perimeter of the church to make sure that the entrances were all labeled and that no one was lost, so I did that in my dress and tennis shoes and made it back in about 15 minutes. By the time I got back into the bridal suite it was nearly time to head into the foyer. As I walked in everyone was quiet and staring at me. Diedre's fiance's sister Ashley, who hadn't been sure if she could make the wedding, was there as well.

Diedre said that since Jenny was gone they didn't have a wedding photographer. She wanted me to give my bridesmaid dress to Ashley and take photos with my Nikon, since no one wanted to just have pictures on their iphones. Everybody swarmed me and started helping me out of my dress, pulling the rhinestone combs out of my hair, and Diedre took back the bridesmaid gift of the matching Tiffany bracelet we were wearing during the wedding to put on Ashley. Everyone said that this was a "much better plan" and started hyping up my photography skills. They were also saying this would be great because the wedding party would look uniform now, and the moms were saying that it would be great to include all the "family girls" as bridesmaids. Diedre said that I would be able to eat after everyone else and that she wasn't sure where Ashley had been sitting for dinner, but it wouldn't matter because I wouldn't need to sit down anyway.

This was all very rushed and I didn't have time to think, but I was immediately pretty hurt by the demand that I be responsible for not only the wedding photography for free, but that everyone was implying that I'd make pictures look weird if I was in them, and that I'd be okay with not having a seat at all or the chance to eat. I told Diedre that I wasn't a professional photographer and that I didn't know what I was doing, but she just kept saying "You'll do great" and "I'm sure it'll be good." While everyone continued to get ready, I packed up all my stuff, said that I had to take it out to my car, then drove home. AITA?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for ditching my friends wedding after she removed me as a bridesmaid and wanted me to sub for the photographer?

Oh come on, give me the follow up

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

wouldnt be surpirsed if the paid photographers got unsick.....

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Barudak posted:

Oh come on, give me the follow up
OP posted in the comments

OP posted:

The reaction after the wedding is that I shouldn't have run off without telling anyone, I upset Diedre by not taking pictures, but I've also seen pictures on Facebook and they look fine. They don't necessarily look professionally shot or edited, but the ones I took wouldn't have either. But that's why I'm posting here because the general consensus from Diedre's family and friends is that I let her down and should have been there. I keep turning it over in my head, like maybe I should have stayed and shot a few photos and then left.

Meskhenet posted:

wouldnt be surpirsed if the paid photographers got unsick.....
It was clearly a put-up job. OP was only in the bridal party because the bride's sister Ashley was unsure if she'd be able to make it, and once Ashley was able to confirm her attendance the group came up with this brilliant plan to swap the OP out and replace her. The way they sent her out to walk around the building and then immediately set upon her when she got back pretty much gives the game away.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The Maroon Hawk posted:

So one of the little bro's "rules" is finding sustainable alternatives for everything, but he also refuses to walk three loving blocks to school and "requires" his big bro to drive him instead

lol, lmfao

If they’re American walking three blocks might be either difficult or just straight up dangerous. That being said it’s more captain hypocrisy than planet at this stage

Invisible Clergy posted:

Bottle bricking is stuffing inorganic junk into plastic bottles. It can reduce the amount of space used in landfills and in very poor places they can be used as a cheaper alternative to bricks.

but also a pretty terrible alternative to normal bricks since plastics tend to leech off loads of fun and interesting chemicals that aren’t great for humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
bottle bricking also appears to take up immense amount of man hours, so its only going to be useful if you have more time than anything else as a resource