Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Tesseraction posted:

Once more purchasing the services of fujitsu shows that our government have truly lost grip on genjitsu.

I will not be elaborating further.

Is this the work of an enemy Stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84_UvByGDkM

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Firm responsible for the Horizon fiasco where bad software led to sub postmasters being falsely accused of theft leading to jail and in at least one case suicide have given the contract to run PNC

I’ve been following this since Private Eye started writing about it, and still I can’t help but think of Ted Faro whenever anyone mentions the Horizon problem

I think probably because I secretly long for extinction

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the dizzying lows of 1.38 :homebrew:

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Getting chilly now.

Considering putting the heating on now before the October price hike, to make the most of the residual warmth in the bricks.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/labtowin/status/1574097964762546177

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I saw this on my Twitter timeline.

It's a good short watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqQxlbNpUg

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Okay so fun's fun but I'm going to the US in a month so can we sort this out please

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

smellmycheese posted:

Asian markets have opened for the new week and £ has already lost another cent against the dollar. It’s gonna absolutely tank this week. Should be lolworthy

on the plus side a weak pound is good for your exports

good thing you're still part of that continent wide trade agreement

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The current plan is that we will export various jams stolen from Corbyn's shed at night.

The Question IRL posted:

I saw this on my Twitter timeline.

It's a good short watch.
It is good, but slightly hollow in that you know he doesn't care one bit that he got caught out. As Sartre says in applying his concept of bad faith to the etiology of hate, he has no obligation to consider himself consistent, neither before nor after his exposure.

Jean-Paul Sartre posted:

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
as happened in the interview, or as the oval office himself says

Kelvin MacKenzie posted:

You just don’t understand the readers do you? He’s the bloke you see in a pub, a right old fascist, wants to send the w*gs back, buy his poxy council house, he is afraid of the unions, afraid of the Russians, hates the queers, weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn’t want to hear about that [serious news] stuff.

He will never feel shame for being what he rails against and he will never grow as a person.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GreyjoyBastard posted:

on the plus side a weak pound is good for your exports

good thing you're still part of that continent wide trade agreement

Shame Britain hasn't had anything to export for 40 years.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://twitter.com/geddli_/status/1574155714297307137?s=46&t=OF3CTTztmBUISDqvHks2Hg

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
The pound has fallen sharply in Asia, fell to just below $1.04, but for the past 5 hours it has been around $1.05.

Odds are the BoE will call an emergency meeting today or tomorrow, a big interest rate rise is about the only likely way to try to fix this. Only other way is Truss resigning and her Budget never happens, but that would require a Tory to give a poo poo about anyone else.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

https://twitter.com/wrb91/status/1574147292805857280?t=sSlbF7Bdkr2FkKgverVeNA&s=33

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

He will never feel shame for being what he rails against and he will never grow as a person.

True, but that cuts both ways.

The incident is never going to cause him to do self reflection and grow to change. But also it means he is never capable of learning from the incident and moving beyond it so it no longer hurts him.

An incident like that to a narcissist (and likely psychopath) would hurt their ego (thus the storming out) which is one of the only type of emotional pain they ever experience.
But if you showed him that clip now, he'd likely have the exact same reaction. It would never become any more bearable since the only way to endure that would be to try and grow and advance, which he is quite incapable of doing.

It being recorded and made available online to be thrown back at him, is likely the only way to make him ever experience anything approximating consequences for his actions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very mad the Tories are cocking up the conversion rates on all my wrestling subscriptions

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ukle posted:

The pound has fallen sharply in Asia, fell to just below $1.04, but for the past 5 hours it has been around $1.05.

Odds are the BoE will call an emergency meeting today or tomorrow, a big interest rate rise is about the only likely way to try to fix this. Only other way is Truss resigning and her Budget never happens, but that would require a Tory to give a poo poo about anyone else.

drat even the euro is nearly at record high against the pound, despite the euro itself crashing against the dollar. Could be a time soon where all 3 currencies are at parity, at which point we can just amalgamate into the eurodollarpound. This can only mean great things for our economic futures

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Very mad the Tories are cocking up the conversion rates on all my wrestling subscriptions

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Hadn't even considered this.

Time to take to the streets

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Has anyone pointed out that Gary Neville of all people is at the Labour conference chairing a conversation about Culture with Starmer and Lucy Powell?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

kecske posted:

Has anyone pointed out that Gary Neville of all people is at the Labour conference chairing a conversation about Culture with Starmer and Lucy Powell?

No, because that would involve paying attention to the conference of a dead party and only sickos would do that

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Rarity posted:

£1 = $1 = €1

easy peasy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol at the guy hosting Grimes' show y/day https://twitter.com/SkewSmug/status/1574036609619660800

this looks like a bit

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Genuinely looks like a skit from SNL

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

kecske posted:

£1 = $1 = €1

easy peasy

It's all a George soros plot to equalise the dollar, euro, and sterling with the end goal of a global world currency controlled by the jews cultural marxists.

:tinfoil:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can someone who understands money astrology explain what BPS is https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1574280686864715781

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/joshaaronr/status/1574169000677937152

e:

quote:

Basis points
Basis points, otherwise known as bps or "bips," are a unit of measure used in finance to describe the percentage change in the value of financial instruments or the rate change in an index or other benchmark. One basis point is equivalent to 0.01% (1/100th of a percent) or 0.0001 in decimal form.

so a 2% rise?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Sep 26, 2022

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Tesseraction posted:

Can someone who understands money astrology explain what BPS is https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1574280686864715781

Basis points. Hundredths of a percent, so they're calling for a rise of at least 2%.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

kecske posted:

£1 = $1 = €1

easy peasy
Yeah the pound going to poo poo is actually a good thing because now we don't have to do maths.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Tesseraction posted:

It's Basis Points. Each point being equal to 0.01%. they are saying to increase rates by 2%

Edit: Wow that was fast replies.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tsietisin posted:

It's Basis Points. Each point being equal to 0.01%. they are saying to increase rates by 2%

at least 2%

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

keep punching joe posted:

It's all a George soros plot to equalise the dollar, euro, and sterling with the end goal of a global world currency controlled by the jews cultural marxists.

:tinfoil:

This is genuinely what my (heavily mentally ill) friend was telling me yesterday. It’s a plan led by George Soros to make the dollar, euro and pound all equal the same so [UNDEFINED ACTIONS PRESENTED IN HEAVILY ANTISEMITIC LANGUAGE] leading to a crypto-based one world currency. If they control the money, they control the people, he kept saying.

This is so secret no-one knows about it except a self employed Derbyshire-based gardener, who learned about it on Facebook.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Yeah the pound going to poo poo is actually a good thing because now we don't have to do maths.

Not when you import your entertainment from abroad :argh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

so a 2% rise?

Wolfsbane posted:

Basis points. Hundredths of a percent, so they're calling for a rise of at least 2%.

Tsietisin posted:

Edit: Wow that was fast replies.

Thanks all. Less dramatic than I was expecting from '200' as a value but still, looks like financial meltdown continues apace.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wolfsbane posted:

Just to clarify this, they say bips to avoid confusion. So 200bps means rise from 2% to 4%, rather than a rise from 2% to 2.04%.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Thanks all. Less dramatic than I was expecting from '200' as a value but still, looks like financial meltdown continues apace.

Oh don’t worry it is extremely dramatic

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

You have to remember that it's pretty revent the BOE base rate was 0.1% 9r something silly like that. Exceedingly close to nothing. Considering that it is currently 1.75%, 200bps IS quite dramatic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I suppose I should clarify, it's dramatic, but I was expecting it to be closer to 20% which would be apocalyptic. So yes, it's dramatic but less dramatic than I had originally read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They are saving the 20% rise for next week