Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Chichester
Oct 23, 2001
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
New season of The Neighborhood Listen premieres next week!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jokymi posted:

New season of The Neighborhood Listen premieres next week!

Will the new season be paywalled in stitcher?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
chris fleming is so funny. im really glad he didn't fizzle out like other youtubers. his stand up special is pretty funny too, especially if you enjoy football and dane cook.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I was unfamiliar with Fleming but he's crushing it in this episode. Perfectly in-tune with the Boys' goofier side.

Michael Mann told us, at the table read: "This is going to suck."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Which show was chris fleming on?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

todays Hollywood handbook

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I have no idea who this Fleming guy is....but he kept pace and played along with the schtick well. I personally think the show is at its best when the guests get combative with Sean and Hayes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I have no idea who this Fleming guy is....but he kept pace and played along with the schtick well. I personally think the show is at its best when the guests get combative with Sean and Hayes.

Agreed with that. Oh and when The Boys get big timed.

Also very happy for Scott and his ex gf, Kulap.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was thinking "yeah, that was a really funny HH. I should google Chris Fleming to find out more about him" and then recognized him instantly from his wikipedia headshot. Yeah that guy rules!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Fleming created a character called Gayle 10 years ago and did a whole web series on youtube. Like four seasons or something. The internet is huge so I'm not surprised that people aren't familiar, but some of you might remember it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPdiQNWDeY

Then he moved to LA and kept doing silly little youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3UGqkyKOk

He also does stand up, I referenced the super bowl and Dane Cook earlier because he has a story about that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Y_B6e0nXI

I've followed his career for a decade now and it's really thrilling to see him on one of my favorite podcasts although he was first on the show a couple of years ago actually now that I think about it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This sick jan video is pretty funny

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://youtu.be/KpelkMBAD2o

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Chris Flemming is a vibe, and a very very good one. Still very cross no one picked up the tv pilot he did. Can kind of tell his style from the screenshots in the thread below.

https://twitter.com/chrisfluming/status/1554986247143055360

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
drat, today's Handbook was already a home run, and then Tawny Newsome's dad came in and stole the show.

Gollum. Wolfman. Kermit.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

JethroMcB posted:

drat, today's Handbook was already a home run, and then Tawny Newsome's dad came in and stole the show.

Gollum. Wolfman. Kermit.

Just destroyed Sean and Bruce Willis, it ruled.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

0konner posted:

Just destroyed Sean and Bruce Willis, it ruled.

"We all die hard" :hmmyes:

Also, on yesterday's CCHC, something about Carl's "Oh...it's Sunday morning. Kevin's watchin' Riley Reid" absolutely slayed me. (CCHC has really grown on me as a hang-out show. Just a lot of lazy fun.)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

JethroMcB posted:

Gollum. Wolfman. Kermit.

So good. Any time Tawny's dad shows up you know it's gonna be extremely good

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm really enjoying this new season of The Neighborhood Listen. There's something different about the energy, and it's very good. They seems to be having a lot of fun, too.

I have really come to love Brett as Doug. The stupid poo poo he says really give Nicole and PFT a lot to work with.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I'm really enjoying this new season of The Neighborhood Listen. There's something different about the energy, and it's very good. They seems to be having a lot of fun, too.

I have really come to love Brett as Doug. The stupid poo poo he says really give Nicole and PFT a lot to work with.

This is great to hear and terrible since I'm never spending money on stitcher premium.

Brett has been a mvp across the cbb world. He's great when he shows up on hey Randy and Lily's show.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Don't worry, it'll go up on a non-Stitcher Premium feed at some point.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The recent Jeremy Levick and Rajat Suresh, Our Close Friends Again Hollywood Handbook had me dying.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I haven't gotten to listen to this week's episode because my podcast app hosed up, but this is the type of poo poo I'm taking about with Brett. It's so good
https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/1585351352946814976

e: like, that "oh" at the very end is just:discourse:

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 26, 2022

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
CCHC 194 is absolutely amazing

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cams posted:

i loved the hollywood handbook episodes, but i am with hayes in hating cowboy tv

the tv is the fire

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bump_fn posted:

Truly astounding, Carl just spinning parallel stories of the best and worst days you could have in LA

(Well, the "best day" that involves unloading 4 drinks and 3 plates of nachos in a hotel toilet)

The Travel Guide:

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 8, 2022

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

bump_fn posted:

Show has gotten better and better since it began. Shame on me for ever doubting Carl.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Who Me? with Batmin is very silly and I love it so far. College Town has been disappointing so far. I like everyone involved so far, but I can't help but feel like it's a worse version of Neighborhood Listen.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I probably won't get much support on this but Dan Lippert is getting into that Matt Besser territory of bullshiting on a topic he knows nothing about but talking a lot about it.

I love both of them comedically but my god.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i been going through the backlog of man dog pod and yeah both of them kinda... well they are not besser level but i just skip the big check in episodes at this point

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I enjoyed some of their perspective in the height of the pandemic and found that comforting, but increasingly less so since then. He and Ryan occasionally still have a refreshing humility on topics they know nothing about, but I've definitely been noticing the same thing where I really bump up against their personal chats.

Still, calling it Besser level is rather harsh.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I find that a lot of people in general are like that, eager to sound of on something they only kind of know about to come across as the smartest person in the room, but it does seem to be prevalent among improvisers for whatever reason (whether that's their training or the inherent desire for validation among performers.) Ben Rodgers gets into that territory pretty often on Action Boyz.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Remember when Besser decided he was a pot comedian

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
To be fair, a couple of those early 420 I4H shows were really terrific. But the gimmick wore thin as soon as he tried doubling down on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

feedmyleg posted:

To be fair, a couple of those early 420 I4H shows were really terrific. But the gimmick wore thin as soon as he tried doubling down on it.

That first one was absolute magic and yeah, he’s been chasing it ever since to diminishing returns (although at least I know I’ll get a Gabrus episode then).