Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Badly Jester posted:

Guess who got his Deck today, only to discover that it has a stuck green pixel right in the middle of the screen?

I’m sick too, so it would have been perfect for wallowing in bed :negative:

That sucks dude. The RMA process is reliable at least.

Until then try the old magic. Flash neighboring pixels and gently massage it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Cartoon Man posted:

I took a lovely cell phone video of rear end Creed Odyssey.

https://i.imgur.com/tkOduM4.mp4

Blows my mind how this poo poo just works. I haven’t tweaked anything, the game defaulted to “high” settings, 1200 X 700. There was some fuckery getting past the Ubisoft launcher but even that wasn’t too bad. Steam Deck owns so much.

Anything particular you did for the Ubisoft launcher, I was having lots of headaches with it last month.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Legit question:

I lost my sense of smell due to a traumatic head injury years ago.

What am I missing out on, vent-wise?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Flint_Paper posted:

Legit question:

I lost my sense of smell due to a traumatic head injury years ago.

What am I missing out on, vent-wise?
Do you remember new car smell? And also, how new car smell is actually noxious off-gas from the plastic manufacturing process and probably is incredibly toxic? You're better off

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Oh neat! I get the poison without the smell! Best of both worlds!

Hang on

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Disappointing Pie posted:

Anything particular you did for the Ubisoft launcher, I was having lots of headaches with it last month.

After initial login and password difficulties the game wouldn’t launch. I exited out completely and launched again from steam, it worked. It took a while to load, there was a dark screen for about 20 seconds, but it pulled through and worked fine.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Me: “the games play fine, turn off the drat FPS overlay”

Also me: “but what if make number bigger???”

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Party Boat posted:

https://getmydeck.ingenhaag.dev/

Reddit people have been tracking who gets invited to order when to estimate where Valve is in the order queue (or queues given there's different ones for each model and region)

oddly, there's no canada in the dropdown menu. just us uk and eu

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Probably disabled while the backlog is active.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Made a reservation for the 512 model on aug 13 and paid today. Can’t wait to try out vampire survivor.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Day 1: installed a bunch of stuff, set up the Epic launcher and PS5 remote play, played a couple of games of Multiversus then told it to download 80-90 GBs of Final Fantasy 14 so I guess I'll play again tomorrow once all that finishes

skeezx
Sep 15, 2022

Cartoon Man posted:

I took a lovely cell phone video of rear end Creed Odyssey.

https://i.imgur.com/tkOduM4.mp4

Blows my mind how this poo poo just works. I haven’t tweaked anything, the game defaulted to “high” settings, 1200 X 700. There was some fuckery getting past the Ubisoft launcher but even that wasn’t too bad. Steam Deck owns so much.

looks a lot smoother than most "AAA" games i tried on this thing (there haven't been many yet.. I think Control was the most demanding one)

but of course every game is optimized differently and all that

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Probably disabled while the backlog is active.

i have no information, what is the canadian backlog?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mescal posted:

i have no information, what is the canadian backlog?

See thread:

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1573001930515050502

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Did anyone else who had a 9/29 delivery date get it changed to today by fedex over the weekend, only to have it not arrive and shipping status get changed to pending?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Mine was scheduled for 9/27 (Tuesday), changed to today, and now says Pending. I wouldn't really worry about it until you hit the original date.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Momomo posted:

Mine was scheduled for 9/27 (Tuesday), changed to today, and now says Pending. I wouldn't really worry about it until you hit the original date.

Ok. I never use fedex so I'll just keep waiting and see if it updates.

Only used to amazon and USPS so I have no idea how reliable FedEx is.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Anybody ever had issues with primehack recognizing your controller? I get to the main title screen and it tells me to push A and brothers, I'm pushing A but nothing is happening. I'm stumped!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

64. Don't really see any point to the others.

That's great to hear. So the fastest queue is now 3 weeks. And, good call!

Skrill.exe posted:

Anybody ever had issues with primehack recognizing your controller? I get to the main title screen and it tells me to push A and brothers, I'm pushing A but nothing is happening. I'm stumped!

Try tapping the screen, saw someone saying it sometimes helps when no inputs are being recognized. Game might be waiting on a mouse event.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Skrill.exe posted:

Are you in Gaming or Desktop mode? Emu Deck or no?

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

sigher posted:

Are you in Gaming or Desktop mode? Emu Deck or no?

Gaming mode. Emudeck. Haven't tried poking the screen but I can give that a shot in the morning.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Primehack assumes you're using the trilogy collection on the Wii and not the GameCube versions too, that tripped me up with regards to mappings

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Skrill.exe posted:

I had to download a preset controller config off the official GitHub and put it in the right folder on the Deck before it would recognize the Deck as a controller.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’ve been playing a lot of Dragon’s Dogma lately and the game just works perfectly, and is perfectly suited to this kind of playing. The deck rules.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I spent a little bit of time and got that native PC port of Ocarina of Time working on my Steam Deck. Portable OoT in widescreen and in 60fps! It looks and plays better than the official version Nintendo is offering on Switch. Incredible.

https://youtu.be/3cnGLfpCkmg

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I spent a little bit of time and got that native PC port of Ocarina of Time working on my Steam Deck. Portable OoT in widescreen and in 60fps! It looks and plays better than the official version Nintendo is offering on Switch. Incredible.

Just watched the video because I have never played OOT and my deck is arriving soon. It's cool that it's possible, but I cringe when I see all the steps required to make it happen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Detective No. 27 posted:

How does it compare to the 3ds version?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Played some homm3 and adventure games on this

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've been playing this and it owns bones. 60fps and a modern analog stick camera make it hard to play any other version. So many QoL upgrades. Had a lot of fun with the built-in randomizer

Waltzing Along posted:

How does it compare to the 3ds version?

Really well imo. Boots on C buttons. Of course it has the N64 game's look. I don't know the state of HD texture packs on it. If nice models are what you want, the Render96 team is working on an equivalent for OoT.

The Grey posted:

Just watched the video because I have never played OOT and my deck is arriving soon. It's cool that it's possible, but I cringe when I see all the steps required to make it happen.
It's not so bad! I made a step-by-step here ITT. It is as simple as downloading the game, putting the ROM next to it, and double clicking the file. The rest is getting it into Steam nicely.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 27, 2022

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

njsykora posted:

I got my tracking number so now I get to be in pain knowing when it's delivered I'm going to be at work and won't be able to get it until the next day.

When did you order. I ordered mine last night and still haven't got anything.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It may take a couple days for them to email the tracking number, I ordered on a Thursday and got my tracking number on Saturday or Sunday.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Is there a way to set the fps limit depending on game rather than globally?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Afaik it's part of the "per-game settings" option?

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Imaginary Friend posted:

Is there a way to set the fps limit depending on game rather than globally?

Yes, there's a slider right by it in performance settings that says "use per game profile" - you'll see it when it has a game open and then it'll say "using settings for x"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I couldn’t get STALKER SOC working via Heroic launcher so I said gently caress it and bought it on sale on steam and it Just Works and now I can play one of my absolute favourite games of all time anywhere. Amazing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I couldn’t get STALKER SOC working via Heroic launcher so I said gently caress it and bought it on sale on steam and it Just Works and now I can play one of my absolute favourite games of all time anywhere. Amazing
This is the darkest secret of the Steam Deck. Open platform yeah yeah, you can install all the other stores and whatever pirate games for all they care, but you're always confronted with the overwhelming urge to just (re)buy everything on Steam because the It Just Works experience is so much better

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah I've been Steam-first but happy to buy on other storefronts in cases of exclusivity / discounts and I feel like I might end up double dipping on some stuff.

What's my best option for gamepass on a 256GB deck? I saw someone on reddit say that they reserved 64GB of the internal storage for a Windows install and then had a NTFS formatted SD card for the games. I know streaming is a simpler approach but I'd prefer not to up my subscription to ultimate if I can avoid it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Yeah I've been Steam-first but happy to buy on other storefronts in cases of exclusivity / discounts and I feel like I might end up double dipping on some stuff.

What's my best option for gamepass on a 256GB deck? I saw someone on reddit say that they reserved 64GB of the internal storage for a Windows install and then had a NTFS formatted SD card for the games. I know streaming is a simpler approach but I'd prefer not to up my subscription to ultimate if I can avoid it
I didn't bother partitioning the internal storage, Windows works fine booting off SD so far. Can't speak to longevity yet, you're probably better off formatting it exfat than ntfs though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm booting Win11 off a 256GB SD card to play Destiny 2 natively. One thing worth doing is setting the video RAM to 4GB. The load times on Windows are pretty bad, as is the battery life. I haven't tried GamePass stuff yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol just in time for xmas eh