Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

nerox
May 20, 2001
I got my steam deck last week and have been playing a whispering ice cyclone build going through campaign. I have been getting a rock solid 60 fps and it’s been awesome, I doubt I would like it for a build with tons of buttons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

I would worry if there's no changes to how god-touched loot pinatas work for next league, there could be pretty rampant inflation in cost of items. This league mostly avoided that through people not figuring out how it worked and how to abuse it until lots of people had already quit the league. If next league is just filled with MF cullers and Legion runners and poo poo I feel like divine cost of equipment and the like might go through the roof.
I mean, it's possible that if there's no changes to how god-touched loot pinatas work for next league it will avoid rampant inflation in cost of items because lots of people won't even start playing. :v:
I probably will, because I'm slow-witted and only really care about how cool my skill looks, so I'll probably go full stupid and do flame blast or firestorm or something similarly flashy, big, and useless.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

von Braun posted:

what have you done? its a pretty straight forward switch

It's possible I was incredibly wrong. I checked PoB before I ran out the door and noticed somewhere along the way my hit rate dropped from 100 to 78.

If I turn on my wraith blessing from a weapon swap, and increase my hit chance back up to 100 my DPS actually doubled.

Il post the PoB when I get home from work. I definitely need some guidance.
Still feels like I would have been happier with switching to the spark inquisitor. I hate dieing to degens, and that seems to be the only thing that catches me.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
First time doing heists. Tried doing some replica grand heists and found this - which seems kinda good?

Something I should sell or build on?
Or am I just kidding myself - pricecheck is all over the place

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

JunkDeluxe posted:

First time doing heists. Tried doing some replica grand heists and found this - which seems kinda good?

Something I should sell or build on?
Or am I just kidding myself - pricecheck is all over the place

I feel like if you fixed the suffixes to have at least bench crafted aspd and put it to 30 quality with a Hillock that weapon should be in the 10-15 div range. Probably not much added value from the base vs a normal 2h mace, also it'd probably help if you 6led it too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Most people who use war crys use Red Blade Banner .

This reminds me we need a melee equivalent to Asenaths mark. Save melee

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Save melee

https://twitch.tv/mathil1

tune in to watch mathil save melee, every single day

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

JunkDeluxe posted:

Please don't dox the name of my dong

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Larry Parrish posted:

if you really want the self chill tech you'll just have to grab some chill effect on the tree or on gear somewhere I guess. alternatively I bet supporting the forbidden rite with a support that gives ailment effect works. wonder if the Elementalist chill node works on self hits, I bet that does too. probably a pricey forbidden jewel though.

Your name is the exact size of my Wisdom Scroll filter. (Phone posters go home)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

LeninVS posted:

It's possible I was incredibly wrong. I checked PoB before I ran out the door and noticed somewhere along the way my hit rate dropped from 100 to 78.

This tripped me up a bit too — the accuracy you lose from what dexterity normally provides is pretty massive.

I was eventually able to make up for it on weapon/helm/shield, but in the meantime I took the two extra accuracy wheels near wind dancer and north-ish of the Point Blank keystone (that one has ele res too, which was also helpful) and the “Precision has 100% Increased Reservation Efficiency” mastery and that stabilized me until I got the gear sorted.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Picked this game up a few days ago (thanks Stux) and having a blast, just now wrapping up Act 6. I'm using a guide for an RF marauder but otherwise kind of going in blind with regards to mechanics and discovering stuff like the heists has been blowing my mind lol. A question though-- I got a Divine Orb drop which I understand is a pretty nice windfall. Is there anything I should feel compelled to trade for at this point in the game or should I just worry about that later? Haven't used trade much aside from buying and selling some cheapo 1c uniques

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Leveling another character reminded me of how the game REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to introduce you to hideout NPCs you've already met that league.

goferchan posted:

Picked this game up a few days ago (thanks Stux) and having a blast, just now wrapping up Act 6. I'm using a guide for an RF marauder but otherwise kind of going in blind with regards to mechanics and discovering stuff like the heists has been blowing my mind lol. A question though-- I got a Divine Orb drop which I understand is a pretty nice windfall. Is there anything I should feel compelled to trade for at this point in the game or should I just worry about that later? Haven't used trade much aside from buying and selling some cheapo 1c uniques

I wouldn't even touch that until after the campaign. Post-story is quite the gear check and that 1div would go a long way shoring up any gaps you find and transition you towards your endgame gear.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 27, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I'd wait until I needed it after A10 cuz you'll hit another resistance reduction, and probably break it for chaos at that point or use on one bigger purchase. It kind of depends where my gear would be at then.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

goferchan posted:

Should I offload my endgame RF gear on this guy? :pervert:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chadsius/characters ->NeckAndNeck

nerox
May 20, 2001

Cretin90 posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chadsius/characters ->NeckAndNeck

drat dude your rf gear is nice, that weapon is awesome.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Cretin90 posted:

I’m about ready to finish up for the league, anyone want some solid RF gear?

I'd take it if no one else does for my rf jugg.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cretin90 posted:

Lol hell I'd take it if you're offering! I definitely plan on at least getting to endgame and checking it out

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally, you can join me and bob3 in the PoE imp collective.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Finally, you can join me and bob3 in the PoE imp collective.

Dude the first time I hit an abyss event or whatever where the screen goes grayscale and the music gets badass I said "holy poo poo" out loud. I know a lot of people are mad at this game right now and it's a funny time to jump in but i'm having a blast

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Dude the first time I hit an abyss event or whatever where the screen goes grayscale and the music gets badass I said "holy poo poo" out loud. I know a lot of people are mad at this game right now and it's a funny time to jump in but i'm having a blast

It's a really good game with an insane amount of content tbh. Now is probably the best time to start because the stuff we hate probably isn't going away but you don't have memories of years of the good ol' days to compare it to lol. It's not like the game is ruined or anything it's just less than it was.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

goferchan posted:

Delirium, btw. Abyss is the one where you run over the greenish-grey circle on the ground and follow the fissures to where a bunch of a monsters pop out before finally getting and underwhelming chest at the end.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
getting a div that early... and i thought ih ad good drop luck

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I tried for I think the 4th time yesterday to actually start the league and I just. can’t. bring myself to play the campaign again. I just wanna start my build and map so bad but I can’t get there. Last league I played was Archnem but I still haven’t regained the patience to power through it. I hit act 3 and the prospect of 7 more acts and multiple labs is just agonizing.

It’s not fair, Chris.

I’m ALMOST tempted to try standard. But idk how the economy is there. It would seem like everything would be insanely inflated rendering actual map farming pointless, but idk

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 27, 2022

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

Delirium, btw. Abyss is the one where you run over the greenish-grey circle on the ground and follow the fissures to where a bunch of a monsters pop out before finally getting and underwhelming chest at the end.

Important to note: sometimes you get a hole instead of a chest. Go into the hole, don't skip it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

goferchan posted:

poe is 95% in the best state it's ever been in, unfortunately 95% of reddit and people who post about the game have zero perspective and just mindlessly repeat poo poo they read on reddit that has zero grounding in reality.

imo just do whatever part of the game you enjoy until you get bored and then take a break until the next season. the actual arpg part of the game is incredible and yeah the music completely slaps

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I tried for I think the 4th time yesterday to actually start the league and I just. can’t. bring myself to play the campaign again. I just wanna start my build and map so bad but I can’t get there. Last league I played was Archnem but I still haven’t regained the patience to power through it. I hit act 3 and the prospect of 7 more acts and multiple labs is just agonizing.

It’s not fair, Chris.

I find myself doing one act each play session when making a new character so I eventually make it through. I have no idea how people are able to hammer it out in a single session.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

I find myself doing one act each play session when making a new character so I eventually make it through. I have no idea how people are able to hammer it out in a single session.

I didn’t even finish a single A3 quest yesterday before quitting lol. Somehow I find the campaign totally repellant

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
e:nm

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 27, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

QuantaStarFire posted:

a billion movespeed and being able to do it mostly on autopilot. personally I can't do a single session even though I'm pretty quick cuz I always end up taking a break around act 7 or 8 whether I plan to or not

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I only usually do 3 acts at once, then take a break for the day. 1-3, 4-7, 8-10, which also lines nicely up with finishing the day with lab which usually makes me want to stop playing. God I hate lab. Not because of resetting on death or difficulty, its just boring to walk around a bunch of traps through 3 areas, fight a vanilla boss I've already killed 1000 times, repeat.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I always opt to push to maps on characters that I rolled at like 9pm that evening, getting to maps somewhere around 2am. I never do that for characters I roll in the morning on a weekend or something, those I take long breaks between part 1 and 2. I don't know why.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Vasudus posted:

I always opt to push to maps on characters that I rolled at like 9pm that evening, getting to maps somewhere around 2am. I never do that for characters I roll in the morning on a weekend or something, those I take long breaks between part 1 and 2. I don't know why.

:stare:

it is currently 7:44 pm and I just filled a stash tab with all the gems and gear for a character I'm going to make in about an hour. should be in maps before I go to bed

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stux posted:

getting a div that early... and i thought ih ad good drop luck

Just got another one in act 7 from one of the excavation event things

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

poe is 95% in the best state it's ever been in, unfortunately 95% of reddit and people who post about the game have zero perspective and just mindlessly repeat poo poo they read on reddit that has zero grounding in reality.

imo just do whatever part of the game you enjoy until you get bored and then take a break until the next season. the actual arpg part of the game is incredible and yeah the music completely slaps

Poe reddit was always garbage but this season is something special.

Minion discussion is nearly entirely people who took Ghazzy's early season rants as gospel or are mad that Skeleton mages aren't an easy ticket to all content anymore.

I have spent 6 whole talent points (2 on travelling nodes I'd have gotten anyway) on minion survivability and have a minion ring (that's all offensive explicits) and haven't lost a spectre or AG for weeks, even on my uber elder or juiced delirium runs. And that's with no +minion level gear

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
self chill poison spark occultist is going pretty ok: https://pobb.in/ceMi-Juw2Kwp
level 81 and i have, err, 300k shaper DPS. but for mapping its like 0.5m DPS.
doppelganger, divine flesh, grace, flesh and stone, defiance banner, temp chains on hit, enfeeble on trigger socket
only comes out to 9k max phys hit (oops)

i think if i want to make significant upgrades i gotta drop either doppelganger or self chill. it's too many uniques eating up important upgrade space. not sure what direction to push since i really only want this to be a zoomy map clearer

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Deki posted:

Poe reddit was always garbage but this season is something special.

Minion discussion is nearly entirely people who took Ghazzy's early season rants as gospel or are mad that Skeleton mages aren't an easy ticket to all content anymore.

I have spent 6 whole talent points (2 on travelling nodes I'd have gotten anyway) on minion survivability and have a minion ring (that's all offensive explicits) and haven't lost a spectre or AG for weeks, even on my uber elder or juiced delirium runs. And that's with no +minion level gear

I think the average white noise PoE redditor is also bad at the game in general (it is pretty opaque and there's a lot to learn) and there's a lot of them, so criticism of the game tends to be dramatically amplified there as thousands of lovely players with uncapped resists ++ every post about how the game is harder and therefore worse.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The first few days sucked, and the Lake is whatever, but the Atlas Passive Tree still rules and this Champ I took from Helix to LS to Omni LS is easily the strongest character I've ever played other than the insanely broken Storm Brand Archmage guy in Delirium and I've made more money this league than I ever had before.

Game still good.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Plastik posted:

dramatically amplified

Oh, I see you've been to the internet.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Plastik posted:

I think the average white noise PoE redditor is also bad at the game in general (it is pretty opaque and there's a lot to learn) and there's a lot of them, so criticism of the game tends to be dramatically amplified there as thousands of lovely players with uncapped resists ++ every post about how the game is harder and therefore worse.

I think another part is that the Atlas rework made map progression really loving easy so people are jumping into the hardest content available rather than spending a few loops knocking out conquerors to get into reds all while incrementally boosting their gear. Also some of the more profitable nodes also make maps way more rippy, I know I've seen someone whine about how hard maps are after a few altars with Wrath of the Cosmos enabled.

I think the assumption on a lot of people's parts is that white/yellows should always be trivial content no matter your level/build/gear and any friction is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The early AN nonsense def didnt help either.

God whoever decided to revert the AN nerfs from sentinel really need to stop it.