Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Could we send all the pollution through a stargate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

1glitch0 posted:

No! It'll only come back to bite us in some future generation

https://www.tommoody.us/archives/2015/03/17/he-y-come-on-ou-t-a-short-story-by-shinichi-hoshi-translated-by-stanleigh-jones/

Which means of course we would jump at the chance

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

1glitch0 posted:

just send it all to P3W-451 then we dont gotta deal with any more cringe emissions ever again

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Stereotype posted:

looks like we gotta build another ark

Build it out of tyres, problem(s) solved

kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

we do know that chemists are really smart 

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
we don't know what the solution is but we know some guys have big brains who can brain us out of this, c'mon brain people get cracking

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

where the gently caress is it jacket weather

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

kater posted:

toronto, finally

like two weeks late though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kater posted:

Ohio

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

kater posted:

NYC BABEEEEEEEE

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

kater posted:

wearing a jacket this morning in Texas because it’s 50 something and I’m still acclimated to hell temps

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm in a bookshop and

:ok:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Tony Tone posted:

Lol if you haven't started to gobble up cheap rear end frozen (cooked) pizza as early as 2021 and earlier

And yes littering out your car in 2022 is still bad but only because it affects your immediate social faculties and mental health and also fellow CSPAM users. other than that I dont give a single gently caress beyond watching youtube/tiktok videos of wild life getting its poo poo stomped in. Im tired of fighting my primal urges. Im here on this earth to poo poo and piss on everything that moves except myself. After extensive scientific research (on myself) I now know that I can peacefully condemn still living life on this earth to eternal hell in the name of my personal gain. I will fulfill this duty beyond death. Until the earth spins no more.

I will keep pretending everything is alright and not that bad, yet. I will utter the words and thus bring them into reality until we have sucked this planet dry and your children and their children gasp for their last breath. I will show you woes
for which there is no redemption.

based

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Tony Tone posted:

Im tired of fighting my primal urges. Im here on this earth to poo poo and piss on everything that moves except myself

"primal urges" are a social construct, this is just a typical westerner operating in knave mode

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

lol

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

simply epic

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Microplastics posted:

I'm in a bookshop and

:ok:

(gently) caress the soil

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

guy who's in such lovely shape he doesn't realize that living on frozen pizza also feels bad in the short term

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Tungsten posted:

guy who's in such lovely shape he doesn't realize that living on frozen pizza also feels bad in the short term

He did clarify that it was cooked. That's gotta count for something

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I quite like eating lovely pizzas

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
leak in the cringe line ???

https://www.forsvaret.dk/en/news/2022/gas-leak-in-the-baltic-sea/

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nah nordstream 1 and 2 both “started leaking” at the same time, in different places, so it was likely sabotage by the US submarine sabotage team who just did an exercise off the danish coast. :)

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1490792461979078662
https://twitter.com/VelociTom/status/1574768132069130240

we bombed some folks. what a strong president :)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
bring on the nukes lets end this poo poo properly

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
https://twitter.com/sundellviz/status/1574492250620542980

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
THE GAS IS GETTING OUT

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Lol that owns

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

:regd08:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Biden blew up a pipeline? drat, maybe he is cool

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Ocean fire ocean fire ocean fire

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Tungsten posted:

I've been told to dehumanize myself and face to bloodshed, but I can't dehumanize any further. I'm already like a feral animal. As God as my witness, in the deepest nights of my despair, I've eaten frozen pizzas without cooking them. The oven was just too much mental effort.

Don't worry I'm better now. Just in time for the world to end.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
so why'd they wait till now to blow the gas lines?

Wouldn't you want to either wait until it's dangerously cold as gently caress to be a complete piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat and cause the biggest amount of economic damage, or blowing them up basically immediately after the invasion? Idk does it get so cold you can't send the frogmen? Why wait until now when you could instead wait till deep winter?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Because the point isn't damage, the point is to burn bridges and/or demonstrate vulnerability.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SniperWoreConverse posted:

so why'd they wait till now to blow the gas lines?

Wouldn't you want to either wait until it's dangerously cold as gently caress to be a complete piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat and cause the biggest amount of economic damage, or blowing them up basically immediately after the invasion? Idk does it get so cold you can't send the frogmen? Why wait until now when you could instead wait till deep winter?

germany has been having massive protests with people demanding the pipelines be reactivated to save the economy and fill gas storage before winter comes.

now there’s nothing to protest any longer, problem solved. :)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I mean if we're putting on our conspiracy hats and believing that a state actor is behind this isn't it just as likely that Russia, who have been messing with the Nordstream pipeline themselves for the entire war, is behind this? This is a bit of an escalation of what they have been doing in the past, where before they were doing various types of "maintenance" that wasn't causing damage to the pipeline, but here is actual real damage to it. Considering it has already been blamed on the US in online circles with things like those screenshots it would even be something that could be considered worth it, as the US being seen as disrupting gas to Europe could get more Europeans to push their governments to decouple from American foreign policy irt the sanctions in Ukraine.

It easily could be the US, but also there is another great power that it could easily be as well. Wonder what all those Q-anon telegram channels are thinking about this

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

silicone thrills posted:

My favorite thing is that this article came out

https://www.washington.edu/news/2020/12/03/tire-related-chemical-largely-responsible-for-adult-coho-salmon-deaths-in-urban-streams/

and CNN republished it and poo poo and lmao there was just no response at all to do anything about it. We're all so loving car brained that the consideration of "fewer tires" isnt even a consideration. The only consideration was trying to "catch" the chemical run off but even UW concedes

But hey, scientists are uhhh definitely really smart and will definitely figure out a way... maybe... whatever. good luck salmon

Maybe fewer tires? Just throwing things out here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Corbeau posted:

Because the point isn't damage, the point is to burn bridges and/or demonstrate vulnerability.

It was a pipeline not a bridge

Idiot