Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Stux posted:

i have already corralled the posters. pray that i do not corral them further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why do mods always have insane meltdowns because of arf

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Arf Protocol - a mod scheme to make Arf cringe by posting stuff like 'The Arf Protocol'

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol barf protocol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

qnqnx posted:

This is a valid discussion topic because it has happened before, it happened now, and will happen again. Eternal sagas ftw

gbs? no, bsg! :awesomelon:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i love the forums and the stupid poo poo that happens on the forums

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yup. in fact i live for it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I'm a messy bitch that loves drama personally

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

being a nasty little jester ftw.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

His hand looks like a cupcake, kind of

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Dongicus posted:

What a scamp

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

a nasty little jester replacing all the tapestries in the throne room with 10000x10000 scrolls depicting sir james rolfe of fuckingham's-shire

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ArfJason posted:

If implemented properly, the Arf Protocol can be used to successfully corral even the orneriest shitposter into PMF with an 80% success rate.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol the jannies think they do the corralling

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dongicus posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

a nasty little jester replacing all the tapestries in the throne room with 10000x10000 scrolls depicting sir james rolfe of fuckingham's-shire

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

All according to keikaku.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Dongicus posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Dongicus posted:

mischevious dongicus

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dongicus posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's incredible how many mods don't understand how embarrassing and funny it is when they try to do the tsk tsk thing lol.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i shared being a dingus with you in full confidence

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
is fritz even a mod of the forum in question? i thought the "corral" post was just them inserting horse puns whereever they go

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're a d&d mod so i'm not sure they're really into this "jokes" thing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

having a mod star is like having a direct IV drip of goon drama. and if youre the mod of a slow subforum there's very little you have to do to keep it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sally posted:

is fritz even a mod of the forum in question? i thought the "corral" post was just them inserting horse puns whereever they go

Neigh. He is not a mod of the forum in question.

He does make horse puns all the time and he was "winney"-ing in the mod forum that the post didn't include the two posts following his where everyone made fun of him.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lotta mod peekin at the moment

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Neigh. He is not a mod of the forum in question.

He does make horse puns all the time and he was "winney"-ing in the mod forum that the post didn't include the two posts following his where everyone made fun of him.

Sounds good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Glad they’re coming down so hard on the leakers. It’s catastrophic that people can see the mods acting like tedious little freaks in a private forum, instead of just seeing them do it constantly in the 37 public ones.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
what the hell are you people talking about and why doesn’t it have anything to do with the upcoming release of Victoria 3

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Glad they’re coming down so hard on the leakers. It’s catastrophic that people can see the mods acting like tedious little freaks in a private forum, instead of just seeing them do it constantly in the 37 public ones.

*begins counting the forums index carefully*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, mods, check this out: :flipoff:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Are there actually mods who are considered tyrannical in PYF or the Book Barn? I mostly just follow and post in several bookmarked threads in those forums and never see anyone say anything.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol i just noticed the small larry name. very good

now make it smaller

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Are there actually mods who are considered tyrannical in PYF or the Book Barn? I mostly just follow and post in several bookmarked threads in those forums and never see anyone say anything.

I was once given a big probation cuz I quoted a guy who was losing his mind about Cixin Liu being a CPC op or something and said 'thats all good to me'

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how come the guy you quoted didn't get probated

e: oh nvm read the post properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i would have simply chuckled at the trolling and queued up a light probation for it without overthinking it or writing my joker manifesto as the probation reason