Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I think you missed the irony in what I was saying
yea my b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

I got the tude now posted:

they don’t need supervision like a naughty child.

this speaks very very foundationally to a misunderstanding the mods constantly make and current mod team makes quite a lot. as i have said before, the people who post here might act somewhat childishly sometimes but they are not children, and they both chafe quite severely when they are treated as such and adapt! people do not come here to be babysat and if you treat them that way eventually they're going to work out how to get rid of you frankly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

ArfJason posted:

someone made a joke about mods and i followed it up with mod posts that worked off it. thats literally it lol

lol, how dull

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Violen posted:

thats the other thing too i feel like theres a massive gap between the staff's and the users' definitions of drama lol
There's a massive gap between the staff and the users in general, really, and there's probably like five different things we can blame on that gap widening going all the way back to GBS 1.0 and spanning to The Troubles, but the relevant bit is that I don't think it's ever been this wide and the only people capable of bridging it either don't know how, aren't capable of it or just don't seem to want to.

It's strange and sad, but at least it's currently at a simmer instead of a tiring boil.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah its weird that some members of th mod team think they're like cultivating the forums like a digital bonsai tree or somethin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kins posted:

There's a massive gap between the staff and the users in general, really, and there's probably like five different things we can blame on that gap widening going all the way back to GBS 1.0 and spanning to The Troubles, but the relevant bit is that I don't think it's ever been this wide and the only people capable of bridging it either don't know how, aren't capable of it or just don't seem to want to.

It's strange and sad, but at least it's currently at a simmer instead of a tiring boil.

at one point it was illegal to make fun of the mods so its probably better than that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would probably want to make fun of mods a lot less if they would all just post like regular people instead of giving me the substitute teacher laying down the law routine so often

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

the entire point of the internet in my mind is it's a place to hang out with my friends and also to make fun of people who are being cringey. at no point am I only going to do one of those lol. actually to be frank this is what my retard brain thinks conversations are

:hai:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

yeah I think there's a way to go but nobody's getting a month for not typing in full sentences with periods and capital letters

a mod making groverhaus in 2022 would probably not be protected like grover was

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

i would probably want to make fun of mods a lot less if they would all just post like regular people instead of giving me the substitute teacher laying down the law routine so often

oh is genesplicer actively posting/probating again

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

they make you take a class on it before you become a gbs mod

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

For the record, I'm not going to gas the thread. I wrote that in a fit of pique and at no point would I have actually done that. All it would have meant is a half dozen QCS threads from everyone freaking out and causing more drama, thus defeating the purpose.

Don't let the door hit 'ya where the good lord split 'ya!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

so the ARF PROTOCOL is basically "don't give shitposters the attention", and yet the mods came into the thread and gave the shitposters attention. clearly the mod powerpoints need to make the rounds again.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

yeah I think there's a way to go but nobody's getting a month for not typing in full sentences with periods and capital letters

only one way to find out

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fsmhunk posted:

Don't let the door hit 'ya where the good lord split 'ya!

thanks dad

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I can't wait to talk about all this in a year.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

High school guidance counselor voice: I worry that Larry doesn’t think his behavior today will affect his future

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Lol none of us can afford to be homeowners in 2022.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

Lol none of us can afford to be homeowners in 2022.

7% apr on 15/30 yr loans right now rofl

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SbUt1-N-TU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Why didn’t you just demod the person who leaked the posts and if you’re really embarrassed over the posts, probe arf for revenge lol. Slamming the lock button in a panic and the rest of this was you guys punching yourself in the face.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Dang, gone for an hour and this poo poo blows up.

lol mods

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

leaking PI (that's private infiormation for you normies) from the sacred mod forum. fyad at it again :rolleyes: when are we gonna close that sub down?

revealing private information screenshots is serious. when the mod forums leak PISS everyone's in trouble

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So wait someone leaked PI (Pet Island)???

Who let the dogs out?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Tetramin posted:

Why didn’t you just demod the person who leaked the posts and if you’re really embarrassed over the posts, probe arf for revenge lol. Slamming the lock button in a panic and the rest of this was you guys punching yourself in the face.

rookie mod calling the precinct for backup

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rookie mod calling the precinct for backup

John Carpenter's Assault on Forum 13

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Sagas thread can have a leak from me as a treat

lol my last PM request for a sagas thread was in March before I let it go. They told me to ask a GBS mod so I did and that was it.

Glad to know that asking 3 times for a thread then letting the matter go counts as "whining" by these forum standards.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fungah! posted:

yeah its weird that some members of th mod team think they're like cultivating the forums like a digital bonsai tree or somethin

Well given that all they do is prune branches by punishing people instead of trying to actually moderate, it's a pretty apt analogy.

No one sane ever wants to actually bother with the effort or corralling morons on this place and some of the most trash idiots will bitch and complain when you do something good like ban a bunch of piss soaked mutants for writhing around in a pit of rescue rangers hentai unchecked for years.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Azathoth posted:

We'll see. As I said, I can be persuaded. However, that all this blows up here definitely reinforces my point that this thread solely exists to stir the pot.

u just lost one of the genuienly good mods on these forums seemingly bcos you are upset about people laughing at 3 very funny mod posts from the special forum. however you are rirght. the perfidious saga thread must be banished. protect your honor :hai:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I hope your forums experience is better without the star, Roth

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

pentyne posted:

lol my last PM request for a sagas thread was in March before I let it go. They told me to ask a GBS mod so I did and that was it.

Glad to know that asking 3 times for a thread then letting the matter go counts as "whining" by these forum standards.

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also mods absiolutely need to be griefed and trolled on a regular basis so as to not let their power get to their head

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Well this is a good day to be reading the forums isn't it.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I hope your forums experience is better without the star, Roth

it is for basically everyone and i don't understand and am increasingly less sympathetic to the people who don't acknowledge that plain reality. i think in my most recent private novella begging a mod to quit for their own good, i analogized it to "head plutonium taster" or "human crash test dummy".

don't do it, and if you do do it quit.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This website rocks

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Stux posted:

u just lost one of the genuienly good mods on these forums seemingly bcos you are upset about people laughing at 3 very funny mod posts from the special forum. however you are rirght. the perfidious saga thread must be banished. protect your honor :hai:

If Roth actually quit because I had a little outburst in the mod forum, lmao I thought she had thicker skin than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Both dongicus and Larry would probably be a lot happier if they had like 1 or 2 designated mods who pretended to get mad at their trolling like people used to. A lot of the flailing around for pressure points on posters and mods probably comes from not really getting as much out of bugging people anymore.

loving lmao