Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

As far as you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
when did everyone suddenly start saying "TYOOL 2022" and how do i make them stop

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If Roth is as lucky as I was they still have buttons despite the absence of a star. I got to keep mine for like 4 or 5 days or something.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a.p. dent posted:

when did everyone suddenly start saying "TYOOL 2022" and how do i make them stop

TYOOL has been an annoying goon-ism for like a decade now and I'm really envious that you've managed to avoid it for so long.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

TYOOL has been an annoying goon-ism for like a decade now and I'm really envious that you've managed to avoid it for so long.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

apropos to nothing posted:

This from a long while ago so apologies but only just now catching up on the lols and also for this long post.

This is because of the number of insane peooe on the website. So a mod gets made and maybe they’re even normal and funny etc but then once you’re a mod I assume you get reports and messages and stuff from people non stop. And it’s the same people and they’re all the insane ones. I have never reported a post and never will, unless I saw something illegal or extremely hosed up I would but that stuff is always removed really quickly and has always been removed when it’s in threads before I ever see only encounter it in the aftermath once people are loling about the drama aftermath., anything else I figure who cares and mods will eventually deal with it when they see it but does it really matter if it happens now or 5 days from now? This is because I’m an aggressively normal person and idgaf what happens on this forum unless I’m laughing at it and the only times I have cared at all was when I had an article written about me and others by the owner calling us Nazis because thats supremely hosed up and insane and even then I never reported anyone never even initiated pms with any mods or other uses only responded when they messaged me. And other being when apparently Jeffrey got contacted by the fbi about a post I made where I said “I’m gonna blow your dome off with a shotgun blammo!” in a really obviously comedic way but the poster or one of the aforementioned insane goons decided they could cause problems by reporting a “legitimate threat” and in that case I just left the forums for a year and asked to be permad after Jeffrey messaged me to tell me about it

so mods don’t interact with me, they interact with the person who’s pming every hour like hey why hasn’t that person who posted “AIDS is good actually” in the “AIDS is bad” thread been banned yet while they’re at work and not checking the forums so they come back to 10 of those messages and they went from asking for a ban to now they want the mod to be tried for war crimes for not responding sooner. And then you get to deal with insane blow ups that happen like illegal stuff etc. so you get used to just dealing with insane people and you assume all the posters are insane and you treat them as such and then everyone gets mad. And then of course the mods are drawn from that user base so about half the mods are insane and pedophiles and so you have to read a mod forum that is filled with the unhinged debates about how to punish arf for saying idiocracy is a documentary again. So half the mod team is also telling you that wow yeah we need to have a committee designed to determine whether poster Guile’s Taint is a woman or not so is it safe for them to use the word bitch in their posts without consequence, just like insane kinds of tribunals that try to peer into posters true motivations and their personal lives to concoct weird schemes about what the poster is really trying to do and what their plan is to bring down the forums but actually they just wanna post and they liked how Jesse in breaking bad said the word bitch.

Faced with such situations the normal response by a normal person would be to either stop being a mod or keep doing it but ignore all that stuff and just lol at it. Meanwhile the crazy mods keep being crazy and way too involved with the running of the website and the normal mods who might not just lol or quit and the ones who think they can make a difference or whatever are slowly driven insane by their comods and the goons at large.

Basically the mod team should be meaner but in a normal way that punishes babies like if someone makes a report about Larry calling something aids the person reporting should be banned. If a mod makes some of the posts that were leaked they should be demodded and prolly banned cause lol why would you write that? If a poster gets a sixer and they or anyone else complains about it they should get probed again indefinitely for being a whiny little baby. Alternatively I hope that doesn’t happen so I can keep loling. Namaste.

this.

3 is as well, just announced at the last Direct. But iirc it was like the “announcement” of the new Rune Factory spin-off where they just said it’s being worked on and didn’t offer any other details

i love nintendo

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

i see. thnak you

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Also see:

Checks notes
Cool and good

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Peachfart posted:

Also see:

Checks notes
Cool and good

Also "I would simply [not] do x"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Why are there so many people on the internet in general (and goons in particular) who have such fierce devotion to defending the honor of the guy who made 300 and The Guardian Owls of Ga'hoole? Spending money to own someone for saying that Zach Snyder is okay, but not great.

lol

Lol I added the tag to his av as a dumb joke.... for free!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MZ please give Escobarbarian the Snyder Cult gangtag in my stead tia

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

MZ please give Escobarbarian the Snyder Cult gangtag in my stead tia

Oh did he remove his tag? Well that can't stand

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
As long as it's not the Dan Snyder cult I can tolerate it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

a.p. dent posted:

on jan 1 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
My brother in christ was popular about 6 months ago, so goons will pick it up soon, and that'll be the next meme until 2025. Then it'll be sussus amogus that friend of a roman emperor.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

As long as it's not the Dan Snyder cult I can tolerate it

I'm not surprised he still owns the team, but wtf how does he still own the team

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i randomly think of lucys threads about whatever stupid thing shes noticed goons saying lately and crack up

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, it's mind-boggling how much low-effort passive income he managed, and how much goodwill he still carried well into the "unreliable deadbeat webmaster" era. I kind of wonder how long it would have managed to last if he'd just been a little more put together and managed to keep his head down and do basic site upkeep. On the other hand, if he'd been even a little more put together, he probably could have kept getting away with domestic abuse for years or decades, and if he'd been a completely together person, he'd probably have sold off the SA brand back when it was worth something, and the site would have become a lovely corporate ghost town. I... I hope this doesn't mean we're living in the best of all possible worlds.

This is from a while back, but I remember when Lowtax posted his self-pitying thread where he obliquely mentions he might have to shut down the forums cause they're just too gosh darn expensive to run (a lie) and he has so many medical bills (possibly true, but he spent more on his pill addiction it seems). I think the threat of possibly losing the forums spurred a lot of posters, myself included, into donating or subbing to his patreon. People felt bad for him, and wanted to keep this stupid place open because we loved it and there's no other place like it anymore.

And I think that most people here are pretty decent. Nobody wants to see someone suffer, especially if they can put a name and a face to them.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
zeitgeist

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bad shoot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Also see:

Checks notes
Cool and good

cool and good is by fa r the most infuriating in this poster s oipnion.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Violen posted:

i randomly think of lucys threads about whatever stupid thing shes noticed goons saying lately and crack up

Connected: is there still a goonlulz thread around or. I in it??

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Stux posted:

:hai:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think stuff like TYOOL, cool and good, chud, etc. are just obnoxious Twitter phrases politics-brained posters imported.
Also the best Final Fantasy game is GameCube Crystal Chronicles multiplayer with a consistent group of friends with 4 GBA SPs.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Also see:

Checks notes
Cool and good

tyool is whatever but if you use either of these i actually hate you

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i live in the universe where cool and good was invented by koalas march and is her greatest crime

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

"ah yes,"
rewording a dril tweet / posting a dril tweet

just wish people would talk normal more

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
yeah my one exposure to cool and good is km's saclopedia entry

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Literally A Person posted:

If Roth is as lucky as I was they still have buttons despite the absence of a star. I got to keep mine for like 4 or 5 days or something.

Pretty sure that means you've both been put on the mod sleeper agent list, actually.

apropos to nothing posted:

This from a long while ago so apologies but only just now catching up on the lols and also for this long post.

This is because of the number of insane peooe on the website.

To be kind of fair, I deal with complaints a lot for work from regular people. Without exaggerating at all I'd say 90% of the complaints I've looked at over the years are wrong and usually the point of contention was a misunderstanding or something self-inflicted, and often caused by the carelessness or blatant stupidity of the complainer. People complain when they're mad. They don't make their points well, and on top of that a big segment of them are plain vocal morons and offload the frustration of their own mistakes to others.

I can laugh at a lot of it but intense, angry negativity is a lot to deal with. Especially if you have to directly interact with it, and it wears people down. I knew someone once who got two voicemails from an angry lady to her office phone. In the first one, the lady wished all her teeth would fall out. Then the lady called back and left a second VM to say she really, really meant what she said in the first one. I wouldn't be surprised if these forums had a higher ratio of that stuff and it probably sucks in that way.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I think stuff like TYOOL, cool and good, chud, etc. are just obnoxious Twitter phrases politics-brained posters imported.
Also the best Final Fantasy game is GameCube Crystal Chronicles multiplayer with a consistent group of friends with 4 GBA SPs.

It's 100% this, because I picked up most of this poo poo from tumblr political posts, which are just cross posted tweets.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

All of the Twitter meme-speak is terrible and I hate it, even relatively minor stuff like calling someone's opinion a "take."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

I'm still surprised anyone still uses "cool and good" after this

I don't know how that didn't kill it off almost entirely as a phrase anyone wants to post, and it's the only thing I can think about when I read it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Violen posted:

i live in the universe where cool and good was invented by koalas march and is her greatest crime

yep. wish i lived in normal world instead of hell world.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

I'm still surprised anyone still uses "cool and good" after this

I don't know how that didn't kill it off almost entirely as a phrase anyone wants to post, and it's the only thing I can think about when I read it

poeple started posting it more. or i just noticed it more.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Flying Zamboni posted:

All of the Twitter meme-speak is terrible and I hate it, even relatively minor stuff like calling someone's opinion a "take."

You should probably avoid listening to sports talk radio

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BigFactory posted:

You should probably avoid listening to sports talk radio

hm. could be tough to do, but i'll give it a try, thanks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm not surprised he still owns the team, but wtf how does he still own the team

I wont buy another piece of Commanders merch or attend a single game until he doesn't. I do wear my "sell the team, Dan" shirt/hoodie on Sundays though. In a league of gross rich old white guys, how is he the grossest? How is it even possible when Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft exist?

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Violen posted:

would love a link if you got one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
most examples besides cool and good are just Twitter catchphrases, evidence of SA failing to protect itself