Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
can this family adopt me?

E: just the love from these two parents for each other and their kids. it’s so wonderful to see, despite the ghastly circumstances.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Also Robbie Parker is the one name that Jones said *repeatedly* on his show to call him a liar

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I'm crying now. I'm stopping now, this is the loving worst.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah but he just goes on his show and says "i didn't say that". even during the depositions his "defense" was "i didn't say that". "i NEVER said there were no dead kids, i NEVER said this person's name" "I NEVER said..."
i just think prosecution's time would be better spent establishing that yes, jones DID say .... because that's his, and his defender's, entire defense: "i NEVER said..." when you can go to specific dates and find he said exactly that

It was already established by the court that he did say that when he was defaulted. As for the defense saying he didn't say that, that's not supposed to be happening. The defense is relitigating what Jones did or didn't do when he's already been found guilty, and the judges in these cases telling the defense daily that they're not allowed to do that.

I do understand your point, but the plaintiffs should not play the game the defense is trying to play.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

sure okay posted:

I don't know how anyone listens to these parent testimonies while looking at pictures of these kids without sobbing.

The cruelty is the point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

teen witch posted:

I’d be in supermax for what I’d have done if someone called my murdered six year old child a whore, right before she is to be buried.

Jesus what?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus what?

They're saying that they would have committed murder in retaliation for the defamation

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fell Mood posted:

It was already established by the court that he did say that when he was defaulted. As for the defense saying he didn't say that, that's not supposed to be happening. The defense is relitigating what Jones did or didn't do when he's already been found guilty, and the judges in these cases telling the defense daily that they're not allowed to do that.

I do understand your point, but the plaintiffs should not play the game the defense is trying to play.
you're right, i'm just sick of jones saying "i didn't kill the kids" and "i never said...". i'm of the mind that you pound the facts in, over and over, just preemptively counter what you know he's going to say :(
i guess i should stop listening to jones

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

you're right, i'm just sick of jones saying "i didn't kill the kids" and "i never said...". i'm of the mind that you pound the facts in, over and over, just preemptively counter what you know he's going to say :(

I share your frustration, but it's always a good time to stop listening to Alex Jones

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He wants people to believe the "they accuse ME of killing the kids!!" thing because it's stupid and no one has ever accused him of that, but if he can make people think that's what's going on it could capture less crazy people since it, in fact, never happened.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Devor posted:

They're saying that they would have committed murder in retaliation for the defamation

I understand that part. My comment was more about the bolded part

teen witch posted:

I’d be in supermax for what I’d have done if someone called my murdered six year old child a whore, right before she is to be buried.

Sorry for confusion

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

stop watching the habitual liar's talk show where he spins bullshit narratives to his most devoted fans in order to get them to buy herbs and silver at 400% their actual price

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Main Paineframe posted:

stop watching the habitual liar's talk show where he spins bullshit narratives to his most devoted fans in order to get them to buy herbs and silver at 400% their actual price

disregard this guy, you must be the sin eater and flagellate yourself with poison words

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
There is exactly one tidbit of useful information about Jones on air today. Last week, his chicanery with the bankruptcy court caused the judge to force out the lawyer Alex appointed and replace him with a fully independent party, who now has full control of Free Speech Systems' finances. In the first mention of their existence within InfoWars, Jones called them... "a liberal."

So their relationship is off to a rocky start, to say the least.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

InsertPotPun posted:

It doesn't matter what he says on his show now, because that's not testimony being presented in court. He can fall on his knees and repent on-air all day, every day, for the rest of his life, and it doesn't matter for the hearing. It's a settled matter, and the jurors shouldn't be listening to his show right now, anyway

And stop listening to his show, why would you do that to yourself?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah but he just goes on his show and says "i didn't say that". even during the depositions his "defense" was "i didn't say that". "i NEVER said there were no dead kids, i NEVER said this person's name" "I NEVER said..."
i just think prosecution's time would be better spent establishing that yes, jones DID say .... because that's his, and his defender's, entire defense: "i NEVER said..." when you can go to specific dates and find he said exactly that

I guess the idea is that if you’re someone who would still want it to be shown that he DID say those things you shouldn’t be on this jury. The jury has been instructed to accept that certain allegations are true (they are), and not to sweat that they weren’t proven in court by the usual process (because Jones wouldn’t participate in the process that would have proven them).

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Pirate Radar posted:

I guess the idea is that if you’re someone who would still want it to be shown that he DID say those things you shouldn’t be on this jury. The jury has been instructed to accept that certain allegations are true (they are), and not to sweat that they weren’t proven in court by the usual process (because Jones wouldn’t participate in the process that would have proven them).

This is kind of stupid because it’s not how the human brain works.

Honestly the plaintiffs should get to present their evidence he did these things and the defense shouldn’t get to defend him, that should be the penalty for his failure to participate.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

pseudanonymous posted:

Honestly the plaintiffs should get to present their evidence he did these things and the defense shouldn’t get to defend him, that should be the penalty for his failure to participate.

I don't know how much you're aware of but every single time they've brought up exactly what Jones said, the defense from Jones and his various lawyers is that it's being played out of context or could possibly (or they allege it to be) edited. Which is probably what lead to Reynal trying to play 55 minutes of Jones for the jury.

IMO nobody wins in that scenario

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
'It was taken out of context!' when the context makes it all so much worse.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

pseudanonymous posted:

The hearing is in Connecticut, where the shooting happened, and the jurors have probably been watching this all play out over the years as people in their community were victimized over and over again by Jones and his cult. Maybe in Texas you need to hammer the point repeatedly for the jurors that Jones did, in fact, do and say these things, but I feel like it's just not necessary at this point for the Connecticut jurors

Plus, like it's been pointed out, arguing a foregone conclusion is just wasting everyone's time. Also subjecting people to InfoWars against their will should be a war crime

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRYSFwJVyg
Streams already up a bit early today.

Fake edit: Just curious, is it still worth posting a stream link everyday anymore?

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 29, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Actually yes, as I’m usually working so sometimes I’m late to editing the OP. It is greatly appreciated

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Confusedslight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRYSFwJVyg
Streams already up a bit early today.

Fake edit: Just curious, is it still worth posting the stream link everyday anymore?

To expand - the stream is a new link every day as the livestream shuts down at some point after the court winds things up. So the previous day's link won't work the next day

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I understand that! I was just wondering if people were not just going straight to the law and crime channel directly and clicking on the new link there. I realise that maybe everybody might not be subscribed to the channel and also have a notifications for it on.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Confusedslight posted:

I understand that! I was just wondering if people were not just going straight to the law and crime channel directly and clicking on the new link there. I realise that maybe everybody might not be subscribed to the channel and also have a notifications for it on.

Ahhh okay. Haven't had tea yet, reading comprehension is still p low

I think it's helpful!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Your reading comprehension is fine! I worded my question slightly wrong. Anyway here we go. Oh god why is his hair the way that it is?

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Interestingly enough, the LawTube people don't appear to be watching this play out day by day, unlike Depp v. Heard which was simulcast to quite a few attorneys/prosecutors/etc as it was going on.

I don't blame them, honestly, because holy gently caress no one would subject themselves to this unless they were, you know, in court that day in person. Maybe at some point after the nuclear explosion that is Alex Jones, there's going to be a pretty decent recap of everything put into simple video format.

I don't think it will happen for a while though. Too many parents or, you know, empathy-having lawyers to cover this stuff. :(

Edit: Oh god, being locked in an airplane, being forced to watch Alex Jones talk about your child's horrific tragedy and not being able to turn it off is something I'd imagine wouldn't be out of line in a circle of hell.

Faust IX fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 29, 2022

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Here are all the clips someone was asking about yesterday

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Well THAT was excruciating. I seriously do not understand how this isn't going to be anything less than an ungodly amount of money.

Also, this is a very good explanation of a video depo for anyone who has never had to see one of these before, and wonders about all the jump cuts.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Looks like Norm thinks he can cross-examine this witness

Maybe because he wasn't sobbing

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Goddammit Pattis, sit the gently caress down with these horseshit political questions.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Goddammit Pattis, sit the gently caress down with these horseshit political questions.

The reason why he's asking these particular questions is because the Soto family sued Bushmaster Firearms International in 2019.

The dissent is even worse of a read, because they wanted to throw the case out entirely.

EDIT: GOD loving DAMNIT, THAT WAS A GOOD RETORT. Asking the bullshit question ahead of time to the plaintiff in a mocking and non-objectionable way. "You aren't doing this to take away everybody's guns, are you"

Faust IX fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 29, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This testimony from Alex's fathers' testimony is so hilarious and damning. They are playing all kinds of shell games with money, Alex is 100% in control of everything, and they know that their customers will believe and do anything they say.

"That kind of puffery sells well."

Jesus Christ what a loving moron bragging about his scamming.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Some reactions from the jury.

https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1575502323614646273?t=Lw2zkMvuOoOsGo_ny4Xrug&s=19

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Is it done for today?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Yup.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Watching the stream from today, and I can never get over how much Alex looks like his dad. Just his dad has deader eyes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YHmIogDhc

and it goes how you would expect:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
that video rules, channel 5 is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail