Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheSwizzler posted:

My favorite grift was the short lived loot box fad where you'd send some guy 30 USD and he'd send you some fake vampire teeth and an AOL trial CD

Haha that thread was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Boba Pearl posted:

Goons pooled money to buy a guy a really nice pair of slacks so that he could go to a job interview, and the dude told them "Yeah I'm straight up stealing this. gently caress you you dumb gullible morons."

lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

"Heh you stupid goons, I went to the job interview with no pants on. Buncha rubes"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I feel like that might be underselling the Brother Aziz (pants guy) thread, where he was like a vegan Muslim living in a squat commune or something, with a trans male partner who hadn't left the squat in a year because he didn't have anything masculine to wear? And then someone went into the thread to argue about whether BroAz was really Muslim? As someone who wasn't around for LF, I read the whole thing with transfixed confusion even before the scammy poo poo started.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Private Hawaiian island goontopia might qualify although I think that guy actually thought he was going to succeed. In the end a bunch of them got sick and someone murdered a pig with a compound bow or something

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Stux posted:

thats right. now play outside too

i just finished this too, and i teared up a lot. it's a very tough game.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I heard it through the grape vine, I didn't know half of that, lmao goons are wild.

Frank Frank posted:

Private Hawaiian island goontopia might qualify although I think that guy actually thought he was going to succeed. In the end a bunch of them got sick and someone murdered a pig with a compound bow or something

Isn't this like actually impressive though? i thought pigs were vicious, intelligent, and don't feel mercy?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Frank Frank posted:

I think it was a 9mm handgun, and they just wounded it and it ran off into the bush

They did cap a mongoose execution style though

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TheSwizzler posted:

I think it was a 9mm handgun, and they just wounded it and it ran off into the bush

They did cap a mongoose execution style though

Ah that's just depressing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

I heard it through the grape vine, I didn't know half of that, lmao goons are wild.

Isn't this like actually impressive though? i thought pigs were vicious, intelligent, and don't feel mercy?

It was a piglet and he used a gun. It was one of only two of their livestock animals and they killed it when it ran away because herding animals was apparently too inconvenient.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Busted Pisser posted:

Now that we can include recent drama, who are the top five grifters (ranked by total $ amount) that have bilked goons of their money?

jay z's sedan posted:

Lowtax
Lowtax
Lowtax Lowtax and Lowtax
                  /

It's this.

Also, would 50s Girl Groupon also count?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i respect the pants guy for being honest unlike koalas march who took goon charity money and used it to buy herself an epic gaming laptop to play grand theft auto on so she could continue making woke youtube videos she never made in the first place

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I forgot how much he took but queer black Muslim poster Brother Aziz was a great one, and just like every time someone falls for something like that, there was a lot of "there's no need to feel bad about believing someone" posting from people who maybe should have been thinking about how to not get scammed again

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's this.

If I read Jeffrey's post correctly when it happened, the Gofundme was started a few months after the cancer-free tattoo celebration that was posted on social media. Then goons gave them $30k. I would think over the years, Lowtax took in more than that in donations, Patreon, etc. but $30k has to be pretty high up the goon grifters chart.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Can...uh....I have some money?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Literally A Person posted:

No

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
*two goons go to the zoo for a nice date, a bloodbath ensues.*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Welp time to post an Embarrassing please ban me thread in which I moralize over posts on the Internet

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's this.

i never read the thread but what i gather is that 50sgg legit has cancer and needed money but then later got addicted to the gfm and started making poo poo up for more goon funds? going to rate this one PARTIALLY GRIFT

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Busted Pisser posted:

If I read Jeffrey's post correctly when it happened, the Gofundme was started a few months after the cancer-free tattoo celebration that was posted on social media. Then goons gave them $30k. I would think over the years, Lowtax took in more than that in donations, Patreon, etc. but $30k has to be pretty high up the goon grifters chart.

I wonder how many goons had to cancel Christmas for this

Welp time to post an Embarrassing please ban me thread in which I moralize over posts on the Internet

lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I would say Lowtax was the only person who was grifting so hard that he shut down another person's gofundme partly because it would affect his grift

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stux posted:

my given name is rick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4m2niaskU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

\|

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I would say Lowtax was the only person who was grifting so hard that he shut down another person's gofundme partly because it would affect his grift

Lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I actually did not have any idea the alt existed until that post, which prompted me to check who it was. If I had known earlier I probably would have outed it earlier. I saw KM for the manipulative person she has from the start. I still remember how she became a mod - a bunch of black posters were mad at how they were treated on SA (understandable, worth acting on), the admins at the time talked about who to make a mod specifically to address those issues, and considered KM, but then there was some sort of QCS blowup and she posted a bunch of manipulative and disingenuous conspiracy theories and the whole mod team was like "welp, definitely not her, bullet dodged". Like two weeks later Lowtax showed up and made her a mod personally. I guess enough mods cycled over those couple years that people started genuinely believing her crap? I remember being mad at lowtax every time she did some stupid poo poo - as a GBS mod I stealth-jailbroke one of her perma-probations that she issued for "racism" to another black guy because he made fun of slashie getting permabanned.

I am not sure if exposing her alt account would have had the same impact if I had found it during the troubles and done so then. People were acting loony and venerating her while I was being called a "collaborator". She'd have done her best to play it off and I'm sure barney and friends would have helped her make excuses.

important to note that km was originally part of slashie's posting clique, and slashie puppet-mastered the situation that got her modded :D

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Lowtax had his mom take staged hospital photos, which is just... staggering to think about. Imagine being Lowtax's mom, shooting photos of your adult son posing in a hospital bed so he can defraud Internet message-board people, and somehow not collapsing into a black hole of shame.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Antivehicular posted:

Lowtax had his mom take staged hospital photos, which is just... staggering to think about. Imagine being Lowtax's mom, shooting photos of your adult son posing in a hospital bed so he can defraud Internet message-board people, and somehow not collapsing into a black hole of shame.

Lmao that reminds me of the staged photos they did of all the empty beer bottles logan drank before she baited dear dear Richard into hitting her

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

People don't end up like Lowtax without lovely parents

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Antivehicular posted:

Lmao, I didn't realize it was his mom who took those photos

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Here's a question. Right before the absolutely crazy domestic abuse poo poo started coming out wrt to Logan and such someone bought a banner ad that was a literal link to a court document showing some public records about the case. No one seemed to notice it and it was gone pretty quick but does anyone know about that? Who was it?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

When the yikesroo thread just started lowtax would register these sock puppets to defend him but were immediately detected because he could not divorce them from the lowtax voice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

When the yikesroo thread just started lowtax would register these sock puppets to defend him but were immediately detected because he could not divorce them from the lowtax voice

never saw these + Lmfao at the last sentence

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Holy poo poo

harry bigballs jr is clearly Honey Trap Queen's soulmate

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

stay safe, starling of fortune

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Antivehicular posted:

Lmao.

Was he not actually hospitalized from a bad spine? I assumed that part was actually true

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Antivehicular posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Tetramin posted:

Lmao.

Was he not actually hospitalized from a bad spine? I assumed that part was actually true

He did get hospitalized from a bad spine but he exaggerated the symptoms by several magnitudes, from what I understand, and then added some lies about the high cost of maintaining the servers etc etc etc. The famous picture of him pointing at his spine xray while being bedridden was completely staged, he was up and about walking by then

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tetramin posted:

Lmao.

yeah i'm sure the pillhead alcoholic definitely had a mysteriously disintegrating spine condition and wasn't just doctor shopping for fresh scripts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

just for posterity when the whole poo poo was going down and he assumed reopening FYAD would get him some fans, this is the first post to be made there. He would later stagger in and whine at everyone calling him an abusive shithead before shutting FYAD down again