Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yikes Nazi devs will never not make me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Persona 5 plays it very safe with the story and then you look at 2 and it's got serial murderers and your party members' shared trauma of one of their members nearly burning to death because of them as a kid and literally Hitler

I wish the games would go back to being that weird

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Persona 2 is probably the overall best Persona game

3 has a strong claim to it but 2 is just so absolutely loving insane and creative that I think I gotta give it the crown

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i really need to play the Persona 2 games

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Persona 2 IS also has a possibly canon gay romance for the main character that actually fits the story and doesn't feel hamfisted in which is cool for a 24 year old game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Harrow posted:

brb reporting this for unironic nazi support

Why is Hitler and anime

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
For the paper bag test btw, Jerry Manderbilt quoted over the first chain of it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4006712&pagenumber=56&perpage=40&highlight=paper,bag#post525430752

Here's the second instance:

nutranurse/Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Oh yeah all those black women embracing their blackness too must be poo poo Sellouts Do.

Real Blacks only live in fear of whites and white opinions.

gfsincere/negromancer posted:

Who said anything about fear? You don't discuss certain poo poo in front of white people because they love to run and twist the poo poo into some racist dumb poo poo, like what has literally happened in this thread. Ain't no way anyone from the civil rights era ever even spoke to you if you don't know this poo poo. You're just a fraud, truly and honestly, based on the poo poo you've said so far. I don't believe you're black in the least bit when you have FYAD trolls who repeatedly post racist poo poo agreeing with you.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Heath posted:

Persona 5 plays it very safe with the story and then you look at 2 and it's got serial murderers and your party members' shared trauma of one of their members nearly burning to death because of them as a kid and literally Hitler

I wish the games would go back to being that weird

this is literally not a joke, and i just want to share this with the class to potentially explain any other brain explosion posts that happened in my past, but i mustve mentally parsed the original comparison as between some nebulous frankenstein's monster of smt2 and persona 2, neither of which ive played, and smt5 (?????) instead of persona 5, which i also havent played???? i honestly don't even know what happened anymore but the point is my head reacted to the post with 'idk i thought smt5 was pretty sick' like i was staring at the monolith from 2001 or something

edit: basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hwGZFPSmw&t=1023s

Violen fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 29, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SMT5 is pretty sick

Also I do actually like Persona 5. Turns out the answer to "how far can style and fun gameplay carry a JRPG for me even if the story drops the ball" is "pretty drat far"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Violen posted:

thinking about the time the only person in human history to have the name richard in front of the name spencer moonlit as a fallout modder or whatever and wouldve gotten away with it if it wasnt for those rotten games posters

Iamgoofball posted:

Just found this in the Frontier:

Yikes, nazi devs.

Iamgoofball posted:

The excuse from their project lead:

Vichan posted:

Richard Spencer sounds like it's a somewhat common name. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the developers has the same name.

That's not an excuse, that's an explanation.

There we go.

Dongicus posted:

its good to instantly assume a whole dev team of people are fash because you saw one incredibly weak piece of evidence for it. psychotic behaviour.

Iamgoofball posted:

drat, that's an incredibly unfortunate name. Guess I was wrong.

I'll be honest, the way the mod frames joining The Legion as what a player should do if they want an actual story with choices doesn't really lend well to "the devs aren't chuds", and the NCR-except-not-actually-NCR campaign spending the first 30 minutes hammering into your skull "THE NCR IS THE BAD GUYS TOO, YOU GUYS!" also doesn't help matters. Yeah, the NCR isn't perfect, but also the NCR wouldn't field execute a bunch of their injured for logistical reasons. That's a Legion thing, and it's incredibly concerning and led me to believe that them putting Richard Spencer in the scoreboard was just a dumb crappy "haha get it guys?" thing.

I haven't tried out the Legion path yet because I hate the Legion, but I'll give it a go soon to see if they actually handle the Legion properly as a genocidal dictatorship run by a complete dumbass, or if they try to pull some Legion apologia crap.

It doesn't look like the Brotherhood route is any good either going by this post in the other New Vegas thread, so if the NCR COD campaign is the only good part then this mod's probably not gonna be too well-reviewed after everything's said and done.

Accusing people on an internet forum of psychotic behavior is loving yikes, though. Maybe don't do that?

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know if you've noticed dipshit, but there are external factors that are making people particularly sensitive to signs of fascist sympathizers these days. People certainly did jump to conclusions in this particular case but it was also immediately defused, so maybe strolling in here acting like a dick is not the best move.

Dongicus posted:

Noted. In the future:

> [Child at Heart] Ummm yikes! This is very not a cool and good behaviour methinks!

and not

[Medicine 100/100] Seems like you have a behaviour problem.

thank you, dongicus

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
persona 5's music bangs but i never played it. or any other persona game. is there a particular banger i should pick up when the mood for JRPGs next strikes me?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Stux posted:

thank you, dongicus

turdiak

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

persona 5's music bangs but i never played it. or any other persona game. is there a particular banger i should pick up when the mood for JRPGs next strikes me?

3, 4, and 5 are all getting rereleases on every console (and 4 is already on PC) and all of them are good in different ways. 3 has the best story by a pretty significant margin, 4 has a really charming cast and great vibes, and 5 has IMO the best gameplay by far and I think the best music, too.

If you were only gonna play one (which is reasonable because they're all extremely long) then I'd say probably 4 is the best choice there but it's a hard choice

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lady Radia posted:

I've been enjoying Soul Hackers 2 but it is solidly a B-tier SMT game

DQ11 is very good if you've got a long weekend or anything like that

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah and if you don't necessarily want specifically a Persona game then Dragon Quest XI absolutely slaps

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Stux posted:

thank you, dongicus

"I can make as many insane accusations as I want but you aren't allowed to call me out on it" is the throughline for all of the storeis posted in the past couple of pages, hell maybe all of them ever lol. Amazing website.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Covering your rear end after falsely accusing a modder of beung a Nazi by saying the goons calling you a k*ok are being problematic is amazing. And all this for a mod that sucked in a whole bunch of ways already, there was so much else to lol about without trying to take down the Fallout Jugend

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

3, 4, and 5 are all getting rereleases on every console (and 4 is already on PC) and all of them are good in different ways. 3 has the best story by a pretty significant margin, 4 has a really charming cast and great vibes, and 5 has IMO the best gameplay by far and I think the best music, too.

If you were only gonna play one (which is reasonable because they're all extremely long) then I'd say probably 4 is the best choice there but it's a hard choice

i must insist they play persona 3, however i alos must insist they play persona 3 fes for ps2w ith the fan patch to add party control to that version. anything else is simply unacceptable.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

DQ11 is amazing and I'm not really even a huge fan of the series in general

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Stux posted:

i must insist they play persona 3, however i alos must insist they play persona 3 fes for ps2w ith the fan patch to add party control to that version. anything else is simply unacceptable.

FES had party control I thought. The original one doesn't (which is how I played it lol)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

portable adds party control, howevoer its the inferior version due to lack of cutscenes

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! real nazis

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i missed the user comment, lmao
User Comments / Explanation: are you loving kidding me, the n-word AGAIN

HolePisser1982 posted:

theres a bunch of inscrutable ones from syenite/clockwork chaos/the rest of those noobs and they all loving rule

lmfao incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

User Comments / Explanation: posting in solidarity with the actual nazis who got fyad deleted

the picture they reported:

just insane

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Stux posted:

thank you, dongicus

this might be my favorite small blowup of th last five years lmao, crazy people seein nazis everywhere even behind their eyelids at night

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm 100% sure most of you have read these but if not they should be required readin in schools:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968160

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968297

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

For a while there was a report about iamgoofball from that thread stickied in the reports forum as a reminder to future Games mods that he does things like that sometimes and probably will again

Actually it was still stickied when I stepped down I think, maybe it's still there

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

theres a bunch of inscrutable ones from syenite/clockwork chaos/the rest of those noobs and they all loving rule

lmfao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fungah! posted:

i'm 100% sure most of you have read these but if not they should be required readin in schools:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968160

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968297

going to post this e verytime he comes up bcos its one of the funniest things anyoners ever said to me

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Stux posted:

going to post this e verytime he comes up bcos its one of the funniest things anyoners ever said to me

lmfao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Violen posted:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! real nazis

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stux posted:

They were convinced that they were just "charmingly grumpy" and not just an rear end in a top hat

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Stux posted:

lol it's perfect

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Stux posted:

ah! a vampire

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Stux posted:

Lol again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Grabbed a box of FYAD Crunch cereal but I wasn't paying attention and got the Oops! All Nazis kind :(