Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
Yep and it was a straight downgrade. They probably removed it because the metrics were showing everyone not taking the upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Steelion posted:

Has there been any indication that there's a timeline for content updates post-release? Game could really use a few more ship classes, not to mention there's a few ingame references to poo poo like class III reactors that I'm sure are definitely safer and easier to salvage.
This is probably the finished version, the game only had a small team and BBI has always quickly moved on from their projects after release.

HS:SB's Lead Producer posted:

Work will continue on the console ports, on patches and bug hunting, and we’ll see what else may be in the future as the community plays the final version of the game. There are some possibilities for where Shipbreaker may go in the future depending on audience enthusiasm and feedback.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Enjoyed the final mission quite a bit. Was kinda expecting Lou to have died but I guess they didn't want to be quite that dystopian.||

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
New patch! Among the myriad changes is this under the bug fixes header:

-Player can get instantaneously crushed when flushing a thruster on an Atlas Tug

So looks like that problem has been fixed :toot:

Notes here

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Might actually buy the soundtrack now that they added the 'oh poo poo' variants.

• Mackerel CMPT can sometimes remain pressurized even if visibly open to the void

Guessing this is referring to the magic forcefields holding air inside the crawlspace when you pop the cockpit off.

e: Speaking of funky pressurization, is there any safe way to decompress the crawlspace around the double airlock on heavy cargo Javelins, or do you just have to blast through the titanium and hope for the best? Since explosive decompression force seems to be inversely proportional to the size of the hole you make, would it be safest to just stinger the entire outer bulkhead?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 15, 2022

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Bloody Pom posted:

e: Speaking of funky pressurization, is there any safe way to decompress the crawlspace around the double airlock on heavy cargo Javelins, or do you just have to blast through the titanium and hope for the best? Since explosive decompression force seems to be inversely proportional to the size of the hole you make, would it be safest to just stinger the entire outer bulkhead?

Open the Exterior doors and blast the interior doors.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Big Ink posted:

Open the Exterior doors and blast the interior doors.

I know this works for rooms with busted atmo processors, but on same Javelins there's a pressurized space around the double airlock that is completely inaccessible, between the interior cargo hold and the big external fuel tank.

Or do you mean I should open it up to the rest of the interior before depressurizing, then pop the airlock door?

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

I know this works for rooms with busted atmo processors, but on same Javelins there's a pressurized space around the double airlock that is completely inaccessible, between the interior cargo hold and the big external fuel tank.

Or do you mean I should open it up to the rest of the interior before depressurizing, then pop the airlock door?

Ah I misunderstood, I haven't seen one of those in a long time and assumed they were removed. But otherwise, there's no good way to deal with them. You can either cut the aluminum walls or demo the nanocarbon. The damage done is roughly the same which ever option you take. Broken pieces won't fly as far away if you splitsaw 2-4 of the aluminum walls parallel to the airlock walls so that's kind of nice...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I decompress the rest of the interior and then stinger the whole interior panel. It’s pretty tame decompression. Usually if anything gets wrecked the outer panel gets mildly shredded. You have to have an upgraded stinger to do it though.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

GotLag posted:

There's no gentle way to decompress that donut around the airlock. However, as far as I can tell, they always have an aluminium bottom panel rather than nanocarbon, so you can get in that way.
1. Find the nanocarbon strut inside the aluminium panel, and aim to the side of it (this is from under the ship, looking up)

2. Splitsaw that aim point

3. Enjoy your decompressed crawlspace

Sorry for the corrupted garbage scanner screenshots but I'm pressed for time right now and the only Javelin option I had to start up to show you was a ghost ship

GotLag wrote something that worked fine for me here as a reply to me asking about the same thing.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Sectioned a cargo Javelin and liked the way it looked:

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I love creative shipbreaking projects!

Long time ago, I scooped out the entire interior of a cargo gecko. I'm kind of tempted to try if it can still be done.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Eschatos posted:

Enjoyed the final mission quite a bit. Was kinda expecting Lou to have died but I guess they didn't want to be quite that dystopian.||

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that they dared to go with an outright optimistic ending. And Industrial Action was a very fun change of pace.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dogen posted:

I decompress the rest of the interior and then stinger the whole interior panel. It’s pretty tame decompression. Usually if anything gets wrecked the outer panel gets mildly shredded. You have to have an upgraded stinger to do it though.

I was able to stinger panels without high end upgrades. Takes a long time though. Blast away at it until your heat is almost maxed, then stop. Your heat will decay faster than the panel cools off. Return to blasting at it when your bar is gone. Should vaporize with the second bar of heat.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

bird food bathtub posted:

I was able to stinger panels without high end upgrades. Takes a long time though. Blast away at it until your heat is almost maxed, then stop. Your heat will decay faster than the panel cools off. Return to blasting at it when your bar is gone. Should vaporize with the second bar of heat.

Ugh. Yeah with upgrades you get the warning beep but you can do it in one go.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that they dared to go with an outright optimistic ending. And Industrial Action was a very fun change of pace.

I was rather shocked that The corporation caved so fast but then I realized not only are their workers actively blowing up the company's meal tickets, but doing so in a very visible way. In space you can see everything so everyone on Mars, Jupiter orbit, or on an asteroid belt colony, can just point a telescope to watch Lynx's poo poo blow up.

Besides it's not 100% optimistic as the rich assholes at the very top who drove this get away completely free. Which is depressingly realistic.

The industrial action was incredibly fun though. Especially with your managers basically fighting over the controls.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The lore on the scavenged hard drives also mentions that the Stellar Commission is a body in search of a purpose, and the publicity over Lynx's abuse of its workers very neatly gives it one

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So for the industrial action, should I just slap demo charges on as much expensive poo poo as possible and light the fuse before Hal tries loving with my controls?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Regarding Industrial Action: Breaking everything is very satisfying, but it does make it kinda difficult. I wound up having to pick over a huge debris field, randomly breaking stuff until I eventually trashed enough to win. But they also gave me a huge heavy cargo gecko to smash

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Yeah blowing up the reactor first thing and then zapping absolutely everything with the cutter was fun but made the rest of the mission take forever.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah they ought to adjust the completion criteria a bit.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Do reactors still explode if you punt them into the furnace intact? I've never thought to try.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
The pro strat to industiral action is to move everything out of bounds, Hal can't turn those off.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Industrial action strat: Toss all green and red labeled things in the processor, all blue labeled items in the furnace. If you throw barge items into the furnace, you get some cash from the scrap.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Getting back into this, is there still no way to tell what's actually keeping something attached? It's better than I remember, but I definitely still have things that just seem frozen for no reason I can ascertain.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Not as far as I can tell, I still run into issues where an object is clearly disconnected visually, but still attached. It especially happens on the mackeral canopy windows, they really don't like coming free from the nanocarbon without a fight.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Game just got a massive bugfix/optimization patch to coincide with the console release. The list of fixes is pretty staggering! https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1161580/view/3395173894703634213

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

They might need another bugfix patch yet; I've noticed that some of the prompts you are supposed to skip with the spacebar have stopped working, the achievements for getting shocked and salvaging reactors don't trigger, and even though I have beaten the campaign I don't have the achievement for it, all of which are new issues introduced by the patch.

The framerate does seem better, but loading screens take longer. Still an improvement there at least.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Any good gameplay fix highlights? That list is atrociously (or rather, simply isn’t) organized.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006

Dogen posted:

Any good gameplay fix highlights? That list is atrociously (or rather, simply isn’t) organized.

Mostly minor visual and other language fixes. There are some depressurization fixes so rooms should depressurize correctly which is nice.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah that was probably one of the biggest gameplay issues I had noticed- mysteriously still pressurized rooms open to space, and a depress sometimes between two pressurized compartments

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
The only bug I can really remember encountering since the previous patch was the "multiple computers clipping inside each other when 5 of them spawn in the same location, rendering it impossible to extract any of them without the whole thing going up in flames" one that seemed endemic to research geckos.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Played and finished recently and really loved this game. My only real complaint is the detonation charges feel very underwhelming for what they're made out to be. They only do about the same job as your laser cutter with the attachment, so why bother? :nallears: I was hoping for some big ship-bisecting cuts with them. still did my best during Industrial Action with them though :smuggo: I also wish Tethers were just a shade stronger for larger parts too, or at least upgradeable to be so, as they feel very tepid when you're using them on big pieces.

As for sectioning ships; does anyone else just get it down to "the interior full of expensive bits" and Tether that down in the barge to call it done?

Dogen posted:

Yeah that was probably one of the biggest gameplay issues I had noticed- mysteriously still pressurized rooms open to space, and a depress sometimes between two pressurized compartments

I had that happen a few times too. Door's wide open, but somehow the ship's still got pressure. Until I eject a hull segment and then things... correct themselves. :gibs:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I definitely tin-can all the processor hull sections off, do a little more work then tether most of the remaining bits and bobs down in to the barge all in one go. Might have to hack it in two depending on weight so tethers can pull it, that's about it, but I gave up on surgically separating everything to where it's supposed to go. My quota gets reached, the rest is someone else's problem on down the line.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
As far as I can tell, the purpose of charges is to break the hardened cut points the normal cutter can't handle.

I also didn't unlock them until just before industrial action so that was the first time I ever used them. Good practice session

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

As far as I can tell, the purpose of charges is to break the hardened cut points the normal cutter can't handle.

I also didn't unlock them until just before industrial action so that was the first time I ever used them. Good practice session

Yeah, but the problem is they only exist FOR the hardened cut points to exist. You could change them to regular cut points and lose nothing, considering they only ever appear on Ion Rings and the big comms antennas.

I think you'd get more out of them just by doubling the radius of the cutting blast, even if just as an upgrade path.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Their only other utility is setting up a cleaner decomp that you can be further from but I still haven’t really worked that out.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
They're also good for breaking up the larger pieces of nanocarbon if they aren't held together with cut points, such as the rings found in javelins. Blowing up the whole ship into tiny little pieces is also a use, for those ships that towed the line a little too often and can serve as an example to the others.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm going though this game on ps5 and I'm hoping someone can give me a light spoiler on how progress works

I have a feeling you're meant to complete the ship doctor. Is doing that what kicks off the ending of act 2? I've gotten through act 1 and I'm just doing some ships while I rank up and complain about this new admin guy.

Just curious how the progression goes because I need to watch out for industrial action which has one missible trophy based on the action taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ineffiable posted:

I'm going though this game on ps5 and I'm hoping someone can give me a light spoiler on how progress works

I have a feeling you're meant to complete the ship doctor. Is doing that what kicks off the ending of act 2? I've gotten through act 1 and I'm just doing some ships while I rank up and complain about this new admin guy.

Just curious how the progression goes because I need to watch out for industrial action which has one missible trophy based on the action taken

The ship doctor is not related to act 2

Reading up on guides, there are actually 2 missable trophies since they're mutually exclusive and you'll have to play through twice to get them both (or use save manipulation). Lame

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 29, 2022