Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

lol the Broncos are 2-1 because Jimmy G stepped out the back of the end zone

They would have won by more if he hadn't.

Kyle Shanahan really has no answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The answer was to move on from Jimmy G and they really tried to.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kirios posted:

Hackett has so many red flags you have to bump him up the list Benne.

Wait, so he gets extra challenges because of how terrible he is ohhhhhhh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

lol the Broncos are 2-1 because Jimmy G stepped out the back of the end zone

Which was the better result on that play! Like thank god he stepped out, it kept them in the lead for most of the game.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Shanahan still has a sub .500 record as a HC. He's so weird. His teams either make the NFCC or they have a top 5 pick, where they use it on a player who flames out and gets benched. If they do poorly this year, I think Lynch may be gone. Shanny seemed pissed at how the entire off-season went.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah.

Doesn't matter how many all pro players you have if literally all of them get hurt.

Don't they still currently employ the doctor who is being sued by Tyrod for almost killing him? At some point, the medical staff itself is an issue. Not to mention the handling of some of the rehabs. How does JC finally be "ready" to return and then immediately be so sore that he can't play the next week, with 10 days rest?

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 26, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Woozie66 posted:

Shanahan still has a sub .500 record as a HC. He's so weird. His teams either make the NFCC or they have a top 5 pick
Hey man, they traded two 1sts for their last top 5 pick otherwise they've been middling at worst.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Do you have to give the Saints comp to hire Sean Payton in 2023? I forget.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Do you have to give the Saints comp to hire Sean Payton in 2023? I forget.

Yes, though I guess there’s always the chance that they let him go somewhere else for free as thanks for the Super Bowl.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yes, though I guess there’s always the chance that they let him go somewhere else for free as thanks for the Super Bowl.

On the otherside, punish him for bringing in Jameis and giving Taysom 8 billion dollars.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

On the otherside, punish him for bringing in Jameis and giving Taysom 8 billion dollars.

Honestly that’s all just hilarious in retrospect. Like leaving a dead fish in the AC register when you move out of an apartment.

That said if they don’t get a Herschel Walker sized haul from Jerry for his rights I’ll be livid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be pretty funny if the Cowboys still make the playoffs despite Dak missing half the season and Fat Mike still gets fired.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 28, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

I forget which podcast mentioned it but they made some good points with regards to the Cowboys and Payton. Sean Payton will want to have total control over the roster and that's something which might be incompatible with Jerry Jones.

There will probably be a bunch of teams out of the Sean Payton game because...

- He'll want to be GM or have his own GM.
- He'll want to be paid over $10mil/year
- He'll probably cost a 1st round pick from the Saints

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I forget which podcast mentioned it but they made some good points with regards to the Cowboys and Payton. Sean Payton will want to have total control over the roster and that's something which might be incompatible with Jerry Jones.

Sean and Jerry love each other. It might not work out once he gets there but there isn't going to be any issue with him going there in the first place.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Sean and Jerry love each other. It might not work out once he gets there but there isn't going to be any issue with him going there in the first place.

Well yes, exactly. Jones will probably end up sabotaging him and it could get very ugly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Well yes, exactly. Jones will probably end up sabotaging him and it could get very ugly.

I really don't think it will. Their roster is pretty good, I don't think the chances of him going there and losing are very high.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Would that even be an issue at this point? I think McVay was reportedly in the $15-16m per range. I'd think Payton would get a similar top of the market deal.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Matt Rhule makes 8.5 a season? Lmao he’s straight up stealing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Would that even be an issue at this point? I think McVay was reportedly in the $15-16m per range. I'd think Payton would get a similar top of the market deal.

Yea Payton will get 20mm per and he's worth it.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Yea Payton will get 20mm per and he's worth it.

Sure. But the point is, there are many cheapwad owners in the NFL.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sure. But the point is, there are many cheapwad owners in the NFL.

Jerry isn't really one of them

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jerry would have a tractor trailer full of hookers and drugs driven by Throatzilla standing by for Sean Payton.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How’s the bensons family financial situation?

Would they waive the first round pick for say 200 mil in cash?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

The catholic church is always looking for money, you've got a deal!

Nov 6, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm talking about other teams. There are a bunch of owners who don't like to spend money on coaching staffs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

There will probably be a bunch of teams out of the Sean Payton game because...

- He'll want to be GM or have his own GM.

In pretty much every functional team in the league the head coach has effective roster control. Nobody is forcing Andy Reid or John Harbaugh to play guys they don’t want to play.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Brandon Staley admitted to malfeasance in keeping an injured Justin Herbert on the field for the whole game against the Jaguars, so his seat should be heating up right now. loving put Daniels out there and let Herbert recover while there's way too many injuries on the team at the moment. He'd get a mulligan on the season if he did that and protected his star player(s), because no one expects this team to go anywhere as thing stand.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

No, you don't understand! Daniels won't be able to do anything behind that shoddy offensive line! He also won't be able to elevate the questionable offensive scheme! They need Herbert out there!

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

No, you don't understand! Daniels won't be able to do anything behind that shoddy offensive line! He also won't be able to elevate the questionable offensive scheme! They need Herbert out there!

Never mind, then! Chargers going to the super bowl :sadpeanut:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

This is what I was curious about. Is there anything preventing Jerry from offering them a shitload of cash straight up in lieu of any draft/player compensation?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Docjowles posted:

This is what I was curious about. Is there anything preventing Jerry from offering them a shitload of cash straight up in lieu of any draft/player compensation?

Gayle Benson has plenty of money and she’s 74 with no heirs. She’s already created a succession plan to have the team sold to someone who will keep them in New Orleans when she dies and the money from the sale distributed to charities around the area, so there’s really no reason for her to take more money that she’s not going to use anyway.

Nov 6, 2002

So the Benson kids get completely cut out when she dies? lol

Probably more teams needs to have this happen.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

So the Benson kids get completely cut out when she dies? lol

Probably more teams needs to have this happen.

Yea, his one surviving child and her children are cut out of the will. They were gifted millions in property and business assets as part of a legal settlement in 2015 but were completely cut out of Saints and Pelicans ownership along with most of his other businesses.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Joe Lombardi is a poo poo rear end OC who needs to be fired and never in the league again. The fact people are excited for the Chargers with that bad bad OC is the ultimate joke.

He is the genius who came up with using Megatron as a decoy for entire games.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

What, you don't love one of the most young and exciting QBs with a loving bazooka of an arm being coached to throw 5 yard curls?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Woozie66 posted:

What, you don't love one of the most young and exciting QBs with a loving bazooka of an arm being coached to throw 5 yard curls?

Literally the same thing with Stafford.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Hizawk posted:

Joe Lombardi is a poo poo rear end OC who needs to be fired and never in the league again. The fact people are excited for the Chargers with that bad bad OC is the ultimate joke.

I wonder if he's the last coach still around that coached in the original XFL

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hizawk posted:

The only unforgivable sin…

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The only unforgivable sin…

They'll never expect you to not go to your generational target to try and win the game.

Because it's stupid as poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hizawk posted:

It was a top 5 offense last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Harbaugh should probably be on the hot seat.