Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Just patiently sitting in the corner, minding my own business, quietly anticipating Hey Randy to break out of CBB Presents and becoming its own thing.

Suppose the allure of not having a specific schedule / only doing one ep a month is pretty alluring tho.

Lily's campaign to make Scott being a Hentai addict a thing has been a sight to behold.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm of two minds about it; I'm kind of disappointed that, after a year, CBB Presents has become the same three shows roughly monthly and then a fun, weird outlier every 6-8 weeks. On the other hand, every single episode of Hey, Randy has been an absolute riot front-to-back; if keeping it monthly is what keeps it quality, don't change a thing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I can’t disagree, and felt this was the path we’d go down once the book podcast became a regular. Once there’s been a few and it’s picked up an audience it’s time to roll them into a separate feed, doesn’t matter if it doesn’t go on to last that long. Wanna hear some more pilots and one offs.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
More Entreè PeeE Neur's Entrepreneur Tour

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Magissima posted:

More Entreè PeeE Neur's Entrepreneur Tour

I agree; More Ego, Carl and Drew kind of remembering hip-hop lyrics

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
At the end of today's Threedom, Scott does a little advanced publicity that he would be taking over Lauren's Topics over the next season. This was recorded weeks or months ago, so it's interesting to listen to him finding out how comfortable talking about the surrogacy back then. Anyway, if there's another season, he'll have a lot to talk about!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well I decided to finally spring for a maximus subscription to help scott out with some diaper money (really i've just been meaning to do it for a while, i am normal) so I'm looking forward to catching up on the big backlog of cool stuff I've been missing; Tim Baltz is always a blast when he shows up on the main feed, and his character on Righteous Gemstones only made me love him more, so I'm glad he gets to do his own thing when he feels like it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Hyped about this CBB World crisis/multiverse trailer that just dropped.

quote:

But we're not content to just rest on our (plus-size) laurels! We have big plans for our second year, including a surprise or two (New CBB Presents concepts? New shows? 2014 tour dates? Only time will tell!).

For a sneak peek at one of the tricks we have up our sleeves, check the CBB PRESENTS feed for a teaser trailer featuring a host of your CBB faves! (Or just CLICK HERE to pass around for free.)

https://www.comedybangbangworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/CBB-WORLD-TRAILER-20220929.mp3

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 29, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ooh, clicking now!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well I decided to finally spring for a maximus subscription to help scott out with some diaper money (really i've just been meaning to do it for a while, i am normal) so I'm looking forward to catching up on the big backlog of cool stuff I've been missing; Tim Baltz is always a blast when he shows up on the main feed, and his character on Righteous Gemstones only made me love him more, so I'm glad he gets to do his own thing when he feels like it.

Despite our grumblings about CBB Presents, you're going to love that feed a whole bunch.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Oooh. "Randy's nuts." I get it now.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm so hyped for this. Was the 2014 tour dates bit a joke though?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Crisis on Infinite Bang Bangs :psyduck:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Nichael posted:

I'm so hyped for this. Was the 2014 tour dates bit a joke though?

Or a typo?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Neat

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Fezz posted:

Or a typo?

Or a promise that they'll do a tour of 2,104 tour dates? I don't think PFT can do that many different characters

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fezz posted:

Or a promise that they'll do a tour of 2,104 tour dates? I don't think PFT can do that many different characters

If anyone could, it'd be PFT. I'd watch that movie.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The World Inferno posted:

If anyone could, it'd be PFT. I'd watch that movie.

Finally the conclusion of the Great Undiscovered Project.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Holy cow I did not realize Andy Daly had been putting out weekly podcasts behind the paywall, I think this might be the best $7 I ever spent

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The CBB signed book is live on Chapters, for Canadians.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Paul Rust is a trainwreck this ep, and it's great. Can tell celebs are truly back by Scott apologizing to the non-comedian guest by the end of the show.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah Rusty barely had a character to start with and it devolved from there. Great ep.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I realize I'm terrible at noticing voice actors. I didn't realize Rust is in the Great North, even though his character sounds exactly the same as him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I miss his creepies.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is he just in it, i thought it was a project of his.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I miss his creepies.

So does he!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

EL BROMANCE posted:

I miss his creepies.

creeeeeeeeepieeeees!

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Rust is the master of being the guest who is an even sillier dummy than Scott to the point I think Scott gets very slightly but legitimately mad.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Paul loves chemicals

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

Paul loves chemicals

oh? does he? sounds like someone else i know...

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The new season of American Horror Story is set in New York, and it has a character named Gino. Hmm....

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Most recent episode, Sinead O’Connor’s hairbrush, NEVER USED got me good

Also I’m almost kind of intimidated by how much content you get for $7/mo; I doubt I’ll ever get through the backlog I’ve just bought, and then most of these release new episodes either weekly or biweekly on top of that, good heavens. I feel silly for balking at this price tag for so long now

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Chairman Capone posted:

The new season of American Horror Story is set in New York, and it has a character named Gino. Hmm....

Does it involve a sting operation in the Catholic Church?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Water into wine...
Quarters into fives.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

0konner posted:

Rust is the master of being the guest who is an even sillier dummy than Scott to the point I think Scott gets very slightly but legitimately mad.

I liked at the end when Paul confessed he came in with the intention of being less silly and failed immediately.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

JethroMcB posted:

Water into wine...
Quarters into fives.

For anyone else who felt like relistening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxTRIbAxVM

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Magissima posted:

For anyone else who felt like relistening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxTRIbAxVM

lmao i think i missed this the first time, so thank you

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bill Walton's Eat Pray Dunk is right behind Hey Randy as my fav CBB present show at the moment.

I loved when Dan was on CBB this week, he got called out for having a thin premise for his character and tried to pivot to him being a vampire, and Mary's character on Eat Pray Dunk saying she was a vampire after her characters age didn't make any sense.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I loved when Dan was on CBB this week, he got called out for having a thin premise for his character and tried to pivot to him being a vampire, and Mary's character on Eat Pray Dunk saying she was a vampire after her characters age didn't make any sense.

The rules of improv:

1. Yes and
2. Pivot to being vampire

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
3. Always say you are like over 78 years old and also a billionaire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Scott has had zero patience for sloppy character premises lately, especially from vets like Dan and Paul Ruddst.