Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Headed to costco this evening for a bivalent COVID booster and a pallet of generic gatorade to deal with the bivalent COVID booster :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zero VGS posted:

Oh that could be, maybe my brain sees an uncooked pizza in a box and defaults to "frozen pizza" because I've never seen just a refrigerated pizza sold outside Costco.

I could only see them putting parmesan shreds on top of the chicken bakes while I was waiting today, I saw no pizza assembly.

:confused: Walmart and basically every grocery store in my area has just their store branded refrigerated take and bake pizza around the bakery areas.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

:confused: Walmart and basically every grocery store in my area has just their store branded refrigerated take and bake pizza around the bakery areas.

I've never seen anything like that, never heard of take&bake in my life and I'm an '02 goon. Maybe it's a West Coast thing? I've heard of wake&bake but that's it.

edit: like if I wanted to do a pizza at home I've only ever seen frozen pizzas or the Boboli's refrigerated pizza crust and then I have to track down sauce/cheese.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 29, 2022

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Can get them in pretty much every grocery store in my great plains state. I think all of the Papa Murphys here closed though.

Not a big fan of take and bake anyway, home ovens aren't as hot as pizza ovens.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Zero VGS posted:

I've never seen anything like that, never heard of take&bake in my life and I'm an '02 goon. Maybe it's a West Coast thing?

I'm not coastal one way or the other and we have these at the Aldi up the road.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I've never seen anything like that, never heard of take&bake in my life and I'm an '02 goon. Maybe it's a West Coast thing? I've heard of wake&bake but that's it.

edit: like if I wanted to do a pizza at home I've only ever seen frozen pizzas or the Boboli's refrigerated pizza crust and then I have to track down sauce/cheese.

You absolutely have, I saw them in all the different grocery stores in Boston

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Enos Cabell posted:

It works better for sicilian/pan pizzas that actually cook well at like 450-500.

Back home in Michigan there was this bakery with take-and-bake sheet pan pizzas. They were BOMB. The pepperoni grease would drip down around the dough and kind of fry it crisp in the oven. So good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

Can get them in pretty much every grocery store in my great plains state. I think all of the Papa Murphys here closed though.

Break the lock and put it on self clean

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

You absolutely have, I saw them in all the different grocery stores in Boston

Welp guess I'm oblivious then, not gonna gainsay a dunkin' gangtag.

Gaius Marius posted:

That's brilliant...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

ok this is good

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my oven will do 550 but im honestly afraid when i crank it up that hot

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zero VGS posted:

Welp guess I'm oblivious then, not gonna gainsay a dunkin' gangtag.

I never heard of Papa Murphy's' until I moved out to Seattle around 2007. Then I came back home after 2012 and a Papa Murphy's opened up here in my city in WI shortly after.

They're ok. I was taken aback upon hearing about it at first because why would I pay for a pizza from a place that doesn't cook it for me? But it could be convenient to get it during the day for later at night. I should try it out again. It's been like 15 years.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Argyle posted:

It works better for sicilian/pan pizzas that actually cook well at like 450-500.

Back home in Michigan there was this bakery with take-and-bake sheet pan pizzas. They were BOMB. The pepperoni grease would drip down around the dough and kind of fry it crisp in the oven. So good.

Where was that?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The best pizza strategy, is just to buy a frozen Jack's pizza (or some other frozen pizza I guess). Cook it just like normal, but before putting it in the oven, you top it with fresh cheese and pepperoni / other toppings.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Argyle posted:

Paul MaudDib posted:

Where was that?

I'm also curious what place you're talking about because that's exactly how I would describe the place I would go to all the time and still do when I visit my parents. The Livonia Italian Bakery has the best take and bake pizzas I've ever had.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was taken aback upon hearing about it at first because why would I pay for a pizza from a place that doesn't cook it for me? But it could be convenient to get it during the day for later at night.

At this point I don't think there's a pizza delivery joint in my area that hasn't degraded to delivering stone cold pizza 20+ minutes late. I might have to pivot to Papa Murphy's to get a pizza that is at a temperature worth serving.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jesus christ, for some reason my allergies have been going nuts the past couple days, couldn't even sleep

save me, winix air purifier pls

e:lol I set it up in my room and the light turned red and started pumping air, do your thing little buddy

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 29, 2022

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Don't think anybody said it was boring or bland but go off

Nah, it's boring as hell compared to international Costco.
Canada has poutine, Japan and Korea have the bulgogi bake, Australia has boba and donut balls, England has baked potatoes, Mexico has Hawaiian pizza for some reason

We have a churro and it's not very good

(My BMI is normal I swear)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Why must we be denied the sumptuous pleasures of the exotic Jacket Potato?! Please Costco cram plain spuds in the oven until soft to delight my senses

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm gonna steal this good idea since there's a Costco less than 10 minutes from my work, thanks.

It even comes with 2 different packets of dressing like they expect you to do it

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Costco in the UK must be like going to Joel Robuchon for them

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I never heard of Papa Murphy's' until I moved out to Seattle around 2007. Then I came back home after 2012 and a Papa Murphy's opened up here in my city in WI shortly after.

They're ok. I was taken aback upon hearing about it at first because why would I pay for a pizza from a place that doesn't cook it for me? But it could be convenient to get it during the day for later at night. I should try it out again. It's been like 15 years.

Pretty sure their whole business is based around the fact you can use food stamps there since it's not cooked food.

That said they have a Chicken bacon artichoke white pizza that's really good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

Pretty sure their whole business is based around the fact you can use food stamps there since it's not cooked food.

That said they have a Chicken bacon artichoke white pizza that's really good.

Oh yeah I forgot about that SNAP bullshit. So I'm guessing someone couldn't use that on a Costco chicken? :smith:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

they just opened a papa murphys right near me and i cant go by it without thinking about that super greasy guy lol

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Oh yeah I forgot about that SNAP bullshit. So I'm guessing someone couldn't use that on a Costco chicken? :smith:

Probably not. I don't know the specifics, never got a chance. I wanted food stamps when I was in grad school but my dumb rear end went and got married before.

:mad:

numberoneposter posted:

they just opened a papa murphys right near me and i cant go by it without thinking about that super greasy guy lol
That's Papa Johns

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Papa Murphy's business is not based on SNAP sales.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gaius Marius posted:

Papa Murphy's business is not based on SNAP sales.

Yes it is

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I've never used or seen it used in the few dozens times I've been there and seen people paying

But you gotta be careful not to get into the territory of saying people who use EBT/SNAP/Food Stamps are wrong and businesses that accept it are somehow predatory because that's the slipperiest of slopes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Homie, critical thinking skills. Their store distribution does not follow maps of economically depressed areas. Their franchising model is based on their reduced equipment, store size, and staffing needs because of their lack of hot food. The SNAP sales are a coincidence.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I used to clip a Papa Murphy's coupon from our junk mail once a week. It got us a hefty half-pep, half-black olive pizza, salad and cookie dough for right around $20. Non-Dominos pizzas start at $18 around here. The salad was okay but sometimes a little on the wilted side. Cookie dough was a genius idea. The oven's already hot, why not make cookies?

Come pandemic time they really struggled with the volume of people who were suddenly very interested in dining in.

I like my pizza well-done, so we'd cook it @425 for 13-15, but take it off the tray and let it sit right on the rack or the middle would be cooked, but mushy.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bum the Sad posted:

That's Papa Johns
oh yeah, well thats the one we have in town any ways

we used to have a papa murphys but it went out of business cause no one wants to buy a takeout pizza that you have to cook yourself

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Roti chickens are not SNAP-acceptable but the big bag of picked rotisserie chicken meat in the deli is

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
And because the uncooked pizzas are considered groceries, Papa Murphy's accepts food stamps, which account for 4% of sales companywide and up to 15% of sales in some stores.Dec 25, 2000

Old data but there you go.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
do anyone's warehouses carry the 20x20 kirkland furnace air filters? I wanted to try building a cube filter, I've only seen them online so far but that's maybe not surprising.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus christ, for some reason my allergies have been going nuts the past couple days, couldn't even sleep

save me, winix air purifier pls

e:lol I set it up in my room and the light turned red and started pumping air, do your thing little buddy

No "air purifier" deal is gonna do as good of a job as just buying a $20 box fan and taping a same-size MERV filter to it. They push many times the volume of air and the filter has many times the surface area to catch poo poo, at a fraction of the price.

Also my BF just got an allergy test a couple days ago, he didn't know he's super sensitive to dust mites apparently. Dunno if there's a Costco fix for that.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
buy 30 sets of sheets and change em out every day

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

david_a posted:

You sure about that? I remember the take and bakes being enormous.

I figured they just made them in the morning in the food court and boxed them up for sale.
Yes the take and bakes are enormous - that's why I noticed the food court ones are even bigger (the take and bake is slightly too large for my oven, no chance of reheating a food court one in there). It's something like 16" vs 18", can't remember 100% off the top of my head.

I'd be surprised if they make them in the food court, those kitchens look like they're made for speed. They'd have to bring up all the ingredients that aren't on the cooked pizzas plus the boxes and work one by one. I more picture the take and bake making as having 50 bases rolled out along long benches, go down the line with a bucket of sauce, then cheese etc. Any ex employees in this thread that know?

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Since we’ve had Papa Murphy’s chat I’d just like to say their thin crust slaps. When I was broke and craving a non-red baron pizza (still the goat frozen) I’d get a big rear end P’Murph thin crust and it was awesome. Love me some cracker thin crust.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

i dont know anything about take and bake stuff, if we do that at my warehouse its not done in food court. the chicken bakes you get from the food court come frozen, they're brushed with Caesar dressing and then topped with parmesan before getting popped in the oven. they used to be made in house but that was pre pandemic and before my time there. we do so many pizzas, i'm amazed there was time to make the bakes and all the other things they used to have on the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zero VGS posted:

Also my BF just got an allergy test a couple days ago, he didn't know he's super sensitive to dust mites apparently. Dunno if there's a Costco fix for that.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-aller-tec%2C-365-tablets.product.11312465.html