Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

All the different bbq techniques are really good when done right and I love all of them except for the Missouri styles which gently caress those but the rest, even that weird rear end Alabama white sauce, I’ve had good versions of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

NYC undisputed champ of this

this nyer only eats texas bbq.
death to sauce!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

skooma512 posted:

My parents were like during a wildfire. The fire line got within 200 meters of the house and they still wouldn't just get the gently caress in the car. Their plan if they absolutely had to evacuate was to sit in the car in a parking lot as physically close as possible to the house. There was no plan that day other than stay in/around the house. Thankfully Calfire formed a good line and the winds were pretty calm that day.

Jesus, there are far less painful ways to go than slowly roasting to death in a car.

Also to keep on topic, this is also about the worst BBQ technique.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Omnicarus posted:

Severe weather also brings out the passively suicidal side in some, "oh well if all my poo poo and house gets wrecked I might as well die too there's no recovering from it really at my age." style thinking.

weird how they ignore the "how i die" part. "Oh it dont matter!" i hear them retort, and i just remember that tweet from yesterday about the 4 elderly (and 4 cats) on a roof suffering from hypothermia please send help

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

so who were the big winners and losers of hurricane ian?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
This picante sauce is from New Jersey

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SirPablo posted:

Because Texas is trash

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

This picante sauce is from New Jersey

Get a rope

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Egg Moron posted:

The loser is Florida. The winner... us! We won! Good job, thread! Another successful goon project

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Egg Moron posted:

Vox dot com Four Winners and Three Losers From Thursday’s Hurricane

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Someone's gonna lose.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The loser is Florida. The winner... us! We won! Good job, thread! Another successful goon project

i'm really proud of us on this one, i only wish we could have gotten that hurricane to destroy even more of florida

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stereotype posted:

i'm really proud of us on this one, i only wish we could have gotten that hurricane to destroy even more of florida

We'll get 'em next time

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

dr_rat posted:

Jesus, there are far less painful ways to go than slowly roasting to death in a car.

Also to keep on topic, this is also about the worst BBQ technique.

Well obviously (hopefully) they weren't going to go down with the ship, but it was clear they had no plans that didn't involve there being a ship and that evacuation was only to be done so as to be as close to the sinking ship as allowed.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

its a marathon, not a sprint

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

platzapS posted:

My last summer in Florida. Calling it now: it will be mild.

I hosed Poseidon's wife and there's nothing he can do about it :smug:

1) I did not lose power in Orlando
2) it is marvelously cool (65-70F, 18-21C)

poseidon is my bitch

platzapS has issued a correction as of 02:52 on Sep 30, 2022

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

platzapS posted:

1) I did not lose power in Orlando
2) it is marvelously cool (65-70F, 18-21C)

poseidon is my bitch

hurricane season ain't over

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ages posted:

hurricane season ain't over

this specific hurricane isn't even over lmao

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
Just found out one of my idiot uncles tried to ride it out in fort meyers. Place is predictably trashed, he's ok, just grumpy because there is no AC now (loving boomers, man - doesn't even seem relieved to be alive just pissed his beer is warm and it's too humid). but now I have a lovely mental image of him and my aunt trying to futilely hold a door shut after the storm surge broke the lock and just water pouring in through everywhere else.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The losers are the goons in the science thread not hootin n hollerin at this thoroughly good chud ownage storm

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I guess that’s why we didn’t get updates from Cape Coral right away as the hurricane passed? There was anything there to send reports?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

How's punta Gorda looking?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Thesaurus posted:

How's punta Gorda looking?

Plenty of properties available.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Plenty of properties available.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I guess that’s why we didn’t get updates from Cape Coral right away as the hurricane passed? There was anything there to send reports?

pretty sure most of that footage is from matlacha. i still haven't seen anything substantial (good or bad) from cape coral

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Sean_Breslin/status/1575531689757102081

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
drat, the hurricane even destroyed color

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SirPablo posted:

Plenty of land available for development.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Those are some sturdy supports

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

goons coping with the transience of material things

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PrimerImpactoEC/status/1575682018871951361

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gotta be some valuable things on those yachts, right? At the very least there’s probably some pipes or something worth a lot for their metal?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

love to leave my yacht in the marina for the cat 4

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Gotta be some valuable things on those yachts, right? At the very least there’s probably some pipes or something worth a lot for their metal?

yes but unless you got to it already, its probably being patrolled by far right death squads looking to hunt "looters"

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Per NHC Ian is already back at 85mph, which is more than they predicted for it's next landfall, and it's trying to develop an eyewall again.

Good chance it smacks into Charleston as a Cat 2.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

text editor posted:

yes but unless you got to it already, its probably being patrolled by far right death squads looking to hunt "looters"

its shorter to just say police

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

shits still broken from when Irma came so I imagine this place will be wrecked for some time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
where the hell is the beautifully manicured drone footage at 4k.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Egg Moron posted:

tampa got it's bay sucked clean instead of being destroyed, that counts as a win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

SchrodingersCat posted:

Per NHC Ian is already back at 85mph, which is more than they predicted for it's next landfall, and it's trying to develop an eyewall again.

Good chance it smacks into Charleston as a Cat 2.

Seems a good rule of thumb for hurricane formation is an intensification of one category per day at sea when one gets going now.