Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

god drat, Alex Jones is a bizarre man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Everything about Channel 5 is amazing. And I am truly, deeply amazed by Andrew Callaghan for the single ending line:

Andrew: "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

Jones: "Picking my teeth with the bones of my enemies."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

"You didn't ki-"

"YES I DID"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

His defense is just now saying insanely inflammatory statements in hopes that it makes him being held accountable for his earlier statements seem unfair???

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They did try for a "he's too insane to be held accountable for his ranting" previously.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
The thing about the Insanity Plea is that you have to hit a certain criteria to prove that you weren't sane at the time that you had been doing whatever due to either something provably chronic mental illness (schizophrenia), or an episode that is legit a tear in your perception of reality, such as a disassociated fugue state.

Jones could not be Not Guilty by reason of Insanity, because it has been more than ten years worth of this behavior. And even if his counsel could SOMEHOW convince the judge to let them attempt to make the Insanity Plea, they would have had to have done it for every single incident. And it's...ugh. Just imagine a 50 week trial trying to figure out whether or not each individual infraction would be meticulously combed over.

I mean, it would be great to see Jones institutionalized, if he could be proven to actually have chronic mental fuckery, but it wouldn't do anything but rile his fanbase.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Faust IX posted:

The thing about the Insanity Plea is that you have to hit a certain criteria to prove that you weren't sane at the time that you had been doing whatever due to either something provably chronic mental illness (schizophrenia), or an episode that is legit a tear in your perception of reality, such as a disassociated fugue state.

Jones could not be Not Guilty by reason of Insanity, because it has been more than ten years worth of this behavior. And even if his counsel could SOMEHOW convince the judge to let them attempt to make the Insanity Plea, they would have had to have done it for every single incident. And it's...ugh. Just imagine a 50 week trial trying to figure out whether or not each individual infraction would be meticulously combed over.

I mean, it would be great to see Jones institutionalized, if he could be proven to actually have chronic mental fuckery, but it wouldn't do anything but rile his fanbase.

Again: Jones has already been found liable. This is just for damages. Not guilty is a closed door.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Yeah, he's already guilty. Him hyperbolically saying "I killed those kids" is just reinforcing the fictional alternative reality he's spun about the trial. His audience imagines rabid liberals screeching "He killed the kids!!", because that's the bubble Alex has manufactured for his listeners. He's just saying what his audience wants to hear because it'll keep their wallets open and their eyes closed.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m not even sure you can use the insanity defense in a civil case.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Arrhythmia posted:

Again: Jones has already been found liable. This is just for damages. Not guilty is a closed door.

"Not guilty" is criminal, which isn't even in the same universe as the civil trial.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

That is absolutely insane. The intro is so wild I though it was edited. :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It wasn't an insanity plea, it was a "none of this is malicious, he's just ranting incoherently about whatever conspiracy theory has come to mind" attempt to justify it not being specifically targeted harassment.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Do we know who is testifying today?

EDIT:

I forgot they said no trial today

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Xakura posted:

That is absolutely insane. The intro is so wild I though it was edited. :psyduck:

I honestly thought this was a deepfake or extremely well done edit because of the weird background.

Dude makes insane decisions.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ive never watched hot ones or whatever, never really got the concept, but now i kinda do. i can see alex saying all this while struggling against increasingly spicy wings, and it works

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

poisonpill posted:

His defense is just now saying insanely inflammatory statements in hopes that it makes him being held accountable for his earlier statements seem unfair???

nah, his defense is focusing the conversation where he wants it
"mister jones shouldn't you vet the news on your show?"
"i didn't kill those children"
"shouldn't you not put people on the air that you were warned and had evidence that they are legit mentally ill and liars?"
"i didn't kill those children.
that's it. it's a lovely manipulator tactic: if all we can talk about is how jones didn't kill those children we don't get to talk about what he is guilty of. why would you keep accusing him of killing children?

did alex jones kill those chidren? no, of course not, so why are they accusing him of killing those children?
and-
IF YOU NOTICE. he does the lovely manipulator thing of waiting for the other person to start talking to start talking again.
i-
HE DOES THIS to train people not to talk. and it works. he gets quiet for a long time. he's clearly done talking.
then-
HE HAS MORE TO SAY. how dare you interrupt? why don't you want him speaking??

he's a lovely bully that only impresses lovely bullies. anyone who's ever had to deal with a lovely bully recognizes everything he does

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

InsertPotPun posted:

nah, his defense is focusing the conversation where he wants it
he's a lovely bully that only impresses lovely bullies. anyone who's ever had to deal with a lovely bully recognizes everything he does

Yeah, it's kind of a transparent thing where he's talking about some terrible accusation and of course its RIDICULOUS to accuse him of X Y and Z. and it doesn't really work, if you're a normal person watching it. But if you're low information, or already in his corner, you might be thinking "wow these people are just out to get him and make him sound like a terrible person"

I didn't clue into his crazy interruption tactic, though. That's a good catch. The other thing he does is shout over someone trying to make a complex point or ask a question, and just repeat his stupid point over and over again. The point there is to lower the discourse to soundbites and make it impossible to dive into any topic.

The solution of course, would be to redacted him

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

InsertPotPun posted:

that's it. it's a lovely manipulator tactic: if all we can talk about is how jones didn't kill those children we don't get to talk about what he is guilty of. why would you keep accusing him of killing children?

That's ascribing a level of intentionality to this that Jones isn't really capable of.

He's not a clever sociopath; seeing all the crying families is really, really getting to him - and his dumb brain is escaping those feelings by warping others' sadness into an attack on him. When Jones says "I killed the kids", that's not some sarcastic rhetorical trick. It's him admitting that he did the exact kinds of extremely bad things that he usually claims about the Jews, but also insisting that he should also suffer no consequences for his actions.

The result is much the same, of course, but this explains why he has no incentive to stop. If he were outright lying, he could theoretically quit this poo poo at any time. But he can't. He's sincerely scared and confused by the whole process.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 30, 2022

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That's ascribing a level of intentionality to this that Jones isn't really capable of.

He's not a clever sociopath; seeing all the crying families is really, really getting to him - and his dumb brain is escaping those feelings by warping others' sadness into an attack on him. When Jones says "I killed the kids", that's not some sarcastic rhetorical trick. It's him admitting that he did the exact kinds of extremely bad things that he usually claims about the Jews, but also insisting that he should also suffer no consequences for his actions.

The result is much the same, of course, but this explains why he has no incentive to stop. If he were outright lying, he could theoretically quit this poo poo at any time. But he can't. He's sincerely scared and confused by the whole process.
i never know how to disagree without sounding like an rear end in a top hat but i disagree. there's nothing "clever" about these lovely techniques, it's why they're basic, lovely techniques, something a child does that you hope they outgrow. a reflex to keep from getting in trouble. like if you caught jones with his hand in the cookie jar and he screamed "my hands not in the cookie jar!!" after he takes it out you wouldn't say it was a "clever strategy". "deflect deflect deflect, deny deny deny" is just basic rear end behavior.
"ok, but your hand WAS in the cookie jar"
"can you prove that?"
"i saw you"
"but you can't prove it?"
"i saw-"
"SO YOU'RE CALLING ME A THIEF? I STEAL ALL THE TIME? I TOOK YOUR WALLET? I ROBBED A BANK LIKE A COMMON THIEF?? PROVE THAT I'VE EVER STOLEN ANYTHING"
"no-"
"SO MAKE UP YOUR MIND! I'M A THIEF WHO DESERVES TO BE IN JAIL OR NOT??"
there's a reason i no longer talk to my entire family

also i do not think, in any way, that anyone crying "gets to him". i don't think he cares. i think he views everyone as acting in their best interest just as he is. it's why he keeps emphasizing how much money they're getting

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
^^ after listening to hundreds of hours of KF, I agree with this

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This is a complete waste of time and money to fine a man $50 capped damages; they'd get more justice drawing lots to be the one to go to prison for shooting him dead as he gets into a taxi

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

This is a complete waste of time and money to fine a man $50 capped damages; they'd get more justice drawing lots to be the one to go to prison for shooting him dead as he gets into a taxi

Damages are uncapped because he violated some statute or another.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

InsertPotPun posted:

i never know how to disagree without sounding like an rear end in a top hat but i disagree. there's nothing "clever" about these lovely techniques, it's why they're basic, lovely techniques, something a child does that you hope they outgrow. a reflex to keep from getting in trouble. like if you caught jones with his hand in the cookie jar and he screamed "my hands not in the cookie jar!!" after he takes it out you wouldn't say it was a "clever strategy". "deflect deflect deflect, deny deny deny" is just basic rear end behavior.
"can you prove that?"
"i saw you"
"i saw-"
"SO YOU'RE CALLING ME A THIEF? I STEAL ALL THE TIME? I TOOK YOUR WALLET? I ROBBED A BANK LIKE A COMMON THIEF?? PROVE THAT I'VE EVER STOLEN ANYTHING"
"no-"

Right, but the question is why he’s having such an extreme reaction to being caught stealing the cookie in the first place, as it were.

Being caught has a massive psychological impact on him that obviously he can’t handle. We’ve seen that again and again, like with the recent press conference where he whined that “the lawyer screamed at me for five minutes, and everyone hates him and now he’s going to jail!!!” The lawyer raising his voice legit scared and confused Jones, which is why he fixated on that point over anything else going on, feeling the need to publicly address it.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
After hooking Knowledge Fight to my veins, and watching (as much I can stomach) of this and the previous trial, I conclude that Alex Jones should be sent to an institution for the rest of his miserable life. It is so ordered!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Right, but the question is why he’s having such an extreme reaction to being caught stealing the cookie in the first place, as it were.

Being caught has a massive psychological impact on him that obviously he can’t handle. We’ve seen that again and again, like with the recent press conference where he whined that “the lawyer screamed at me for five minutes, and everyone hates him and now he’s going to jail!!!” The lawyer raising his voice legit scared and confused Jones, which is why he fixated on that point over anything else going on, feeling the need to publicly address it.

Because he's being sued in multiple lawsuits for tens of millions of dollars each, and can't publicly back down for fear of losing his audience. This isn't that complicated, it doesn't need tons of goon psychoanalysis. He's a professional liar, he literally stirs bullshit rage for a living, you don't need to write essays wondering why he's spouting angry lies on TV.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean being mad at his lawyer doesn’t really matter to that conclusion. It’s not like owning his lawyer will stop the suits

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

Because he's being sued in multiple lawsuits for tens of millions of dollars each, and can't publicly back down for fear of losing his audience. This isn't that complicated, it doesn't need tons of goon psychoanalysis. He's a professional liar, he literally stirs bullshit rage for a living, you don't need to write essays wondering why he's spouting angry lies on TV.

Supermechagidzilla: hmmmm but what does Antonio Gramsci have to say about the instinctive drive to assert individuality under the oppressive drive of late capitalism hhhhhhuuuhhh?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
plus being performatively angry is a strategy too. you see it in that video where he STORMS off and instantly says "lol how'd i do?" to his employee once he's off camera. he's so innocent he's ANGRY about being called guilty! do you want him to shout? DO YOU WANT HIM TO GET LOUD! BECAUSE HE CAN BE LOUD! SO STOP QUESTIONING HIM OR HE'LL GET LOUD!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

jones is a career psychopath, stop trying to do your usual overanalysis on a real, genuine manipulative monster of a person. he's facing actual destruction of his empire built entirely on lies, of course he's going to be on edge more than normal

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Alex doesn't think he got caught because he doesn't think he did anything wrong and if he did do something it was only a little and if it caused harm or was because of other people and he totally apologized and he's broke but they want to milk him and use him as an example against their political enemies in this kangaroo court in front of the puppet judge to silence him for speaking out against the Globalists and for being a first and second amendment patriot on top of fighting against the literal Christian devil.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ILL Machina posted:

Alex doesn't think he got caught because he doesn't think he did anything wrong and if he did do something it was only a little and if it caused harm or was because of other people and he totally apologized and he's broke but they want to milk him and use him as an example against their political enemies in this kangaroo court in front of the puppet judge to silence him for speaking out against the Globalists and for being a first and second amendment patriot on top of fighting against the literal Christian devil.

Almost correct. Jones is also admittedly the literal Christian devil, he needs you to raise your holy sword in righteous justice and fury to put all sinners and demons into hell where they belong, and he will praise you for doing so

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

That DICK! posted:

ive never watched hot ones or whatever, never really got the concept, but now i kinda do. i can see alex saying all this while struggling against increasingly spicy wings, and it works

A bowl of Hormel chili makes him forget his own children. The real hot sauces might completely undo his mind.

Imagine Alex Jones becoming a psychically broken Lovecraft narrator. "The odious, abominable, unspeakable UN guys with blue helmets, folks..."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"WHY DID THEY TURN TSATHOGGUA GAY??!!"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I figure Alex Jones is just having a big ol' mediocre white guy meltdown. He's gone through his whole life coasting and grifting and getting fat and red off the suffering of others and has never had to face a consequence for it because he is a noteworthy republican, and all of a sudden they're changing the rules and wanting him to be held accountable for his actions? That's got to come as a shock.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Alex Jones does not deserve one iota of pity or sympathy.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
After this trial I'm going to take a long break from consuming any Alex Jones related content. I.e knowledge fight, articles about him etc. Always ends up making me feel mad and negative in the long run and life's too short for that sort of poo poo.

Hope he ends up losing alot of money, but he has a stupidly large and loyal following and they will never stop giving him money. gently caress Alex Jones and gently caress the meda for always providing him way too much air time to sprout his nonsense.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Captain Invictus posted:

jones is a career psychopath, stop trying to do your usual overanalysis on a real, genuine manipulative monster of a person. he's facing actual destruction of his empire built entirely on lies, of course he's going to be on edge more than normal

It’s not exactly ‘overanalysis’ to write like two paragraphs about dude’s public meltdown in the thread devoted to that topic.

I’m talking stuff like why he can’t follow basic instructions from a judge. These things aren’t explainable just by him being evil.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Stop overanalyzing Alex Jones like an idiot and just accept my non-overanalysis of Alex Jones which is comprised of roughly the same number words

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

InsertPotPun posted:

"can you prove that?"
"i saw you"
"i saw-"
"no-"

also i do not think, in any way, that anyone crying "gets to him". i don't think he cares. i think he views everyone as acting in their best interest just as he is. it's why he keeps emphasizing how much money they're getting

I don't know you from Adam/Eve and god I don't want to look like I'm defending SMG's posting, but do you maybe want to reread his post? I think you actually agree and might have missed a negation or something because he basically agrees with everything you said. You're both just saying he's doing lovely court things as a coping strategy (possibly subconscious, neither of you seems to come down too hard on the level of intentionality).

Like right off the bat you keep mentioning how his strategy isn't "clever", to the point where it's your first substantive point, but the post you're responding do literally says that SMG doesn't think it's a clever trick.

He's saying it's a coping mechanism. You're saying it's a narcissist's childlike tantrums... and those are basically two ways of describing the same thing because childlike tamtrums are how narcissists cope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's just impulse control issues, everything he does. Is just unmanaged ADD and he self medicates with stimulants made from beetroot and bill testicle extract.