Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

Now watch Rall defend the Russian annexations of Eastern Ukraine.

The law of the universe is that after one or two 'Actually A Good Rall By Rall Standards', we get some of his worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Mandatory COVID-19 isolation periods scrapped from October 14, emergency response 'finished' says national cabinet (ABC). The test name is because NSW premier Dominic Perrottet has been calling for this for ages. The AMA and state health officers call it "madness".

Leak, Son of Leak:

Attorney-general Mark Dreyfus, who is drafting the rules for National Anti-Corruption Commission and says that there is a need for public hearings "in some circumstances". There is debate about where the threshold for these should be, with the crossbenchers wanted them more public and the Coalition wanting them less.

Moir:

Leunig:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Leunig going for some top shelf "we are unworthy to even be subjects of such a wonderful monarchy" grovelling

Love the anti-medication vibe about fuckin low grade pain tablets of all things

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
the paracetamol is for easy reach in case you ever see a Leunig cartoon

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

kartikeya posted:

The law of the universe is that after one or two 'Actually A Good Rall By Rall Standards', we get some of his worst.

Gen. Vincent K. Brooks. Served with him in Iraq, former Public Affairs chief, tried to keep the USARPAC alliance together while Trump was blackballing South Korea and cozying up to KJU.

He's an affable guy, always took time to listen to troops but had a very, very short limit for open bullshit like officers who didn't study their briefs, people who talked for too long on a simple subject or just read from a slide and the like. I think I only saw him get really mad once; most any other time he'd have this 'disappointed dad' tone.

I can imagine that he loving hated dealing with Trump or Pence.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Pink batts refers to an poorly regulated Labor government scheme from a decade ago that resulted in several deaths and many house fires. But I doubt Leunig's in favor of proper OHS or safety regulation

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

Gen. Vincent K. Brooks. Served with him in Iraq, former Public Affairs chief, tried to keep the USARPAC alliance together while Trump was blackballing South Korea and cozying up to KJU.

He's an affable guy, always took time to listen to troops but had a very, very short limit for open bullshit like officers who didn't study their briefs, people who talked for too long on a simple subject or just read from a slide and the like. I think I only saw him get really mad once; most any other time he'd have this 'disappointed dad' tone.

I can imagine that he loving hated dealing with Trump or Pence.

He doesn't look terribly impressed with Pence's mean mugging North Korea for a photo op, that's for sure. Poor dude was probably stuck hanging out there for an hour while they tried to make Pence look stern and (vice) presidential. I laugh whenever I see this picture, because there's just...little things. That guy's expression. Agent Smith in the background. Some dude's ear. I like how they put Vice President Mike Pence on the jacket, just in case he forgot his name, or there was some other Mike Pence running around and they didn't want anyone to be confused. The way Pence's eternal Concerned Brow Furrow is trying very hard to look intimidating.

Anyway, first image that popped into my head at that Lester.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jarla :finland:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

An Uzumaki Cartoon

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well hello there old friend it's been a while

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Russia and Germany (that _is_ germany's chancelor Scholz, right?) are both suspected of sabotaging Nordstream?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

29/9

A cold voyge to high inflation and negtive growth [sic]

30/9

Who gains most from Nord Stream sabotage? by Luo Jie

I love this one. Straight conspiracy theory poo poo.

Le Monde

29/9

by Mana Neyestani from Iran

by Danzinger from the US

So I guess Danzinger is part of Cartoonists for Peace?

Charlie Hebdo

Putin officially annexes Ukrainian regions
"And NOTHING about the mustard crisis."

Racist caricatures ahead:

"So your son made it to Europe?"
"Yeah I got a letter, he made it safely!"
"Seriously? Let me see that."
"I got that from an European agency, you can't get more official than that."
Libyan Arrived, from Frontex

Frontex is a the European border patrol and have had some scandals, the details of which I'm not aware.

Italy- Worried political cartonists
Now obligated to relearn how to and here it is cut off but one can guess at the punchline
draw Mussolini's chin

On the current struggles in Iran.

Hunting Accident in Ukraine

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Wipfmetz posted:

Russia and Germany (that _is_ germany's chancelor Scholz, right?) are both suspected of sabotaging Nordstream?

:tinfoil:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Truss and Kwarteng’s refusal to publish analysis of UK tax plans – The PM and chancellor won’t publish independent OBR projections until late November, despite criticism from Conservative MPs"

Telegraph:

HSBC warns of ‘wave of forced sales’ as mortgage costs jump by £5,000 a year

Independent:

After Paul Nash.

Times:

Putin annexes four Ukrainian regions and declares them as Russian

Stephen Collins:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Wipfmetz posted:

The look of dismay on Scholz's face and Putin's relaxed posture suggests otherwise.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It's clearly Herr Klöbner and Herr Müller-Lüdenscheid disagreeing over whether the duck stays outside the bathtub.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

It's clearly Herr Klöbner and Herr Müller-Lüdenscheid disagreeing over whether the duck stays outside the bathtub.

lol, I hadn't heard of this before and even with my Volkswagen German it's hilarious :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PE1eds3560

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Frontex has been accused of ramming operations and other anti refugee tactics that end up with them either dying in transit or being forced into other countries. Bellingcat has some good writeups I believe.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

Frontex has been accused of ramming operations and other anti refugee tactics that end up with them either dying in transit or being forced into other countries. Bellingcat has some good writeups I believe.

gently caress that's awful. Thanks.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Absolute horror poo poo, yeah. There are also reports that they get migrants to push other migrants back (because then Frontex isn't using excessive force, see?).
At a guess, I'd say that the people who such up to keep are borders safe are probably not the people you'd expect to treat migrants as people.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ScruffMcGruff
Sep 26, 2007
Scruffy's rollin' out the big pill...

See, Mike, she's talking about companies employing immigrants. It really says something about you that the first thing you think of is slavery and exploiting people. Does that sound racist to you?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ScruffMcGruff posted:

See, Mike, she's talking about companies employing immigrants. It really says something about you that the first thing you think of is slavery and exploiting people. Does that sound racist to you?

Mike Lester accidentally stumbling into being extremely hard left

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Dogs bred for olfactory skill found the stench, but couldn't distinguish the loud noises of the hurricane from that of the former president.

Completely surrounded, no escape.

Even the dogs could easily sniff out a problem.

The moment the dogs discover he was just an airhead.

Noitaroballoc
Apr 16, 2005

680 in 40
Biden recognizes that money is fake, AGC

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Fitting, really. I have no idea what he's complaining about.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

JamesBont posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Fitting, really. I have no idea what he's complaining about.

"Biden has dementia" combined with "Biden is using the DoJ as a personal weapon"

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Nobody captures Truss's gormless expression quite like Collins. It's like she's going for the Tucker Carlson look but can't figure out how to furrow her eyebrows.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Some image consultant likely told her that her neutral expression with her mouth closed was a problem- probably that it made her look angry and would play to negative sexist depictions.

I think her solution is worse.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

and I don't know if this is just me, but I absolutely hate the way Rall writes dialogue

his characters are just barking clipped half-sentences at one another and it never flows like anything even remotely resembling a conversation two humans might have
He's bad at his job. Yup.
Like really really bad and instead of improving internalized his bad qualities and said "actually, it's an art style"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Stultus Maximus posted:

"Biden has dementia" combined with "Biden is using the DoJ as a personal weapon"

So how is Demented Biden using the DoJ against Christian Conservatives? Did I miss something?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JamesBont posted:

So how is Demented Biden using the DoJ against Christian Conservatives? Did I miss something?

I think he gestured vaguely at the idea of wanting to maybe think about codifying Roe v Wade, which means that he is rounding up Christians to feed to hungry lions in the coliseum as we speak.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JamesBont posted:

Since when do things have to be real for right-wing cartoonists to have hissy fits about them?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

JamesBont posted:

The FBI took back a bunch of poo poo Trump stole, and have seized the phones of a bunch of the most transparently criminal jan 6th conspirators.

also conservatives have been running an overt terror campaign against children's hospitals, schools, libraries and trans people in general, Ron DeSantis is bragging about literally trafficking asylum seekers, Texas keeps passing flagrantly unconstitutional laws, and several states have been following suit. None of this has elicited a notable response from the Biden administration or DoJ, but they are pre-emptively throwing a fit that someone will attempt to respond to the crimes they are transparently committing. Oh also even more obvious election rigging, just any crime you can imagine.

Also the vague noise about maybe possibly codifying Roe v Wade if the voters are good, for real this time we promise.

It could be any one of those. "Christian Conservatives" is just a dogwhistle for fascism, and persecuting or oppressing them means making any move away from letting them run the country or towards holding them accountable for their crimes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

....remember a few months ago when a group of right wing supreme court justices overturned Roe vs. Wade? How does that factor into the whole "fighting for the oppressed" thing?

Wait, did this just turn into a Chick tract?

Yup, we've gone full Chick tract.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Subtle "Slaves were just immigrating to the US, by their own free will even"-punch here.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

....remember a few months ago when a group of right wing supreme court justices overturned Roe vs. Wade? How does that factor into the whole "fighting for the oppressed" thing?

I just love the absolute failure of artistic imagination here. This motherfucker has been spending months portraying crude stereotypes of the left as evil incarnate and basically set up this moment for when that in-universe "reality" interacts with his established protagonists. And now when that moment has come to cap that off, he's just got nothing. No visual metaphor, no dramatic action, just the protagonist sitting down and outright saying "left bad right good".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Oh cool, if 'Nique ends up going full tradcath I'll have completed another column on my Weird Rightwing poo poo Sinfest Pushes bingo card.