Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
wh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

glad they gave him pants instead of just chaps

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

The Dissolution of the ZA/UM Cultural Association

that doesn't seem good

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

I think I speak for all of us when I say:

?????????????

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Posted from his ward in the 'department of integrated treatment of first onset psychosis'? For a second I thought this was some kind of ARG but drat :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The more interesting bit there is the aside about how Kurvitz and co. have left ZA/UM. Surprised that wasn’t bigger news.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Well, they went out in the most communism way possible

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Sadly, I think it’s more that the creative engine of ZA/UM was destroyed by the forces of capital

This isn’t disco at all

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

King Carnivore posted:

Sadly, I think it’s more that the creative engine of ZA/UM was destroyed by the forces of capital

yeah, given the remarks about Kurvitz/Hindpere/Rostov being involuntarily separated from the company sounds like this was a corporate coup. what a loving waste.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

dervival posted:

yeah, given the remarks about Kurvitz/Hindpere/Rostov being involuntarily separated from the company sounds like this was a corporate coup. what a loving waste.

I hope they managed to keep IP rights.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

dervival posted:

From the comments section:

quote:

Imagine a kleptomaniac, if you will. Only that instead of stealing, say, "A Lolly pop", they take pains to manipulate dozens of people to steal, in the end, from themselves, just because they happen to be very proficient in that kind of an operation. It's what they always do, really. One of them was the first guy to be convicted for investment fraud in Estonia. All the same, idk if we would have managed to get the initial investment without these people.

Seems to be the case :(

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
And so, once again, the new is stifled by moneyed interests. :smith:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this sucks but I sure hope we might still someday get the loving book

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The conversation with Evrart where you can tell him ultraliberals don't mind the mercenaries because you are one and he immediately tells you to get the gently caress out of here

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well, that answers the question of "how do they make an even better sequel?": They don't.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well, that answers the question of "how do they make an even better sequel?": They don't.

Disco Elysium 2 is the same as Mother 4 - our real lives

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

jfc capitalism

the only silver lining in this is I think if the core team sticks together, they'll have indie publishers falling over themselves to offer them a deal to make the new game

although, who knows what's actually happening. i'd like some commentary from the other big names first.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/martinluiga/status/1576182809731149824

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

HALF-LIGHT [Legendary: Success]: it’s time to loving kill capitalism

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/inky_stars/status/1576243987908038658?t=GOYZcz1UfUxBWq8XgZcJFA&s=19

TheMaskedReader
Aug 14, 2022
Joyce Messier: I can't. That's how simple it is. One may dye their hair green and wear their grandma's coat all they want. Capital has the ability to subsume all critiques into itself. Even those who would critique capital end up reinforcing it instead…

RIP ZA/UM Cultural Association. Perhaps one day, we'll see the likes of Disco Elysium again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

John DiFool posted:

RHETORIC [Legendary: Success]: it’s time to loving kill capitalism

Fixed.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

This is so loving poo poo and sucks real bad. I also hope he's okay in himself. Echoing the above, I really hope that in the early days they were able to protect this IP in some way legally, considering it was their baby.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
lmao cool

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Damaged Morale -2

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
until that post I didn't even realize ZA/UM was like, owned by anyone who could fire other people. I had assumed it was a collective like Future Club

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
It was love that did them in...

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This sucks, I loved this game and the world they made for it. I’ll be hoping to see more from the folks involved, somehow

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Countblanc posted:

until that post I didn't even realize ZA/UM was like, owned by anyone who could fire other people. I had assumed it was a collective like Future Club

it sounds like there is both za/um the collective and za/um the company and only the latter has become diseased

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BastardySkull posted:

This is so loving poo poo and sucks real bad. I also hope he's okay in himself. Echoing the above, I really hope that in the early days they were able to protect this IP in some way legally, considering it was their baby.

bad news it seems on that front

https://twitter.com/a_kaiju/status/1576275306310049792?s=20&t=FCx1chrsdANcg7tXn_xG0A

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Aye Doc posted:

it sounds like there is both za/um the collective and za/um the company and only the latter has become diseased

and the former deceased, yeah

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

gently caress.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The minions of capital are not human.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

No Dignity posted:

From the comments section:

Seems to be the case :(
"One of them was the first guy to be convicted for investment fraud in Estonia." - I found two sources for this, so he might be talking about one of the people named in the second article. Did not see these names appear anywhere in company filings that I looked at.

https://news.err.ee/112769/hundimagi-baku-fraud-convictions-important-precedent

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/legislation/?doc=102280

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think it’s clear now that Kurvitz never intended for Kim to wear the jacket

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

on the other hand they are now an available crack team that just went and made the highest metacritic pc game

I think they are definitely going to have an entrepreneurial person selling them the rope so to speak

(also its good for them to be speaking out and letting everyone knows about this shitfuck situation)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
As amazing and deep and well thought out as the DE world was, maybe it's better that we only got this one crystallized version of it (and maybe a cash-in sequel and tv show? sigh). I'm pretty sure Kurvitz can whip up another idea worthy of his team's efforts, given another 5 years or so.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Disco Elysium skins for overwatch when :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Does this mean the proceeds from the merch, including ties and jackets are going to lovely people?