Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
There's an item that's a buttplug, or at least I think that's what it is.. I haven't scoured the game. It's not like - super outrageous or anything, I just don't like it.

e: this is about holocure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I ordered the fancy 512gb model but someone fairly local is selling a sealed one for pretty much cost, I wonder if I should go ahead and grab it or just wait it out.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

infraboy posted:

I ordered the fancy 512gb model but someone fairly local is selling a sealed one for pretty much cost, I wonder if I should go ahead and grab it or just wait it out.

The queue times are very short now. Just wait. You'll probably have yours in a week, maybe two at most.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

infraboy posted:

Nah, don't take even a small risk when it's probably only a matter of waiting a couple weeks. That's a lot of money.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Has anyone tried cruelty squad on the deck? It looks like a dreadful game, but gets great reviews.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I finally was able to make the full purchase, I fully expect this thing to become a Klei Entertainment device once I have it in my hands.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

infraboy posted:

The only reason to buy from them is if they’ll accept a lowball offer

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My Deck seems mostly physically fine, but the left trigger feels kinda mushy. The right one feels OK but with the left one when fully pulling it in the response feels soft. It works fine but a bit disappointing for a 600 euro thing.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

sigher posted:

I saw a review of these saying that they're perfect for the Deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLVJvlja3FM

Now that I can get them without resorting to a Japanese eBay listing I placed and order and I'll let you know how they are.

I've got the avegant glyph (the big earmuff viewer) and dug it out to use with steamlink over phone + controller a while back. Criticisms entirely correct but it does what it does really well, especially abosutely no dots or screen door. Those oakley things look good too!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

It was literally Stux posting variations of "Steam Dreck" in this thread daily for a few weeks.

This Deck/Switch competition/fanboy thing is weird as poo poo for a bunch of thirty and forty-year-olds. Both devices own, both serve largely different functions, and more competition is always good.

Yeah, I copied him but I never got the backstory. Is he one of those Nintendo fanboys?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I bought the 512gb Deck thinking I’ll be fine but now I wanna expand. What’s the goon recommended ssd? I know Valve doesn’t recommend putting a new one in, but it won’t void my warranty, will it? As for the 512gb I’ll be taking out, would it work well in a PS5?

Only 2230 512 GB SSDs are reasonably priced (the eBay system pull ones, for around $50.) Anything above that is probably not worth it at this point, especially going from 512.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I usually play my switch docked because my tv in my studio is right there, and now I'm realizing that the couch isn't super comfy (small ikea couch the gf got, I would rather have had a recliner so I'm not hunched over)

I tried sitting on the couch with the Deck but couldn't get comfortable stacking up pillows, so I was thinking of something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Backrest-Portable-Adjustable-Multi-Function-Disability/dp/B08PJSSGQT

Anyone tried this or have other suggestions? (we don't have room for a recliner)

I've never seen that chair thing before that you linked, but I do have this pillow that I used on the bed against the headboard. It's good for the cushioning and support it provides, but it's not free-standing.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Stux is just Stux, their gimmick is just constantly shitposting about literally everything.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Commander Keene posted:

Stux is just Stux

hosed up if true.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

HopperUK posted:

There's an item that's a buttplug, or at least I think that's what it is.. I haven't scoured the game. It's not like - super outrageous or anything, I just don't like it.

e: this is about holocure

drat, i thought it was an accessory for those swanky glasses

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Having played some SUPER HOT yesterday, looks like my issue with the right stick has more to do with the default settings in the other games I've tried(as the ones for SUPER HOT matched perfectly with my experience back when I first played it on PS4), so I guess I'll just need to do some tinkering with settings in other games

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vegetable posted:

Does anyone know how to get RetroArch to save hot keys and game settings? I have EmuDeck installed and my GBA game is apparently running through RetroArch which is part of Emulation Station. I press L3+R3 to change some fast forward and hot key settings. But every time I reset the game the settings get wiped.
Having gone through it recently whenever you have settings not sticking it's almost certainly because you haven't saved them in whatever labyrinthine method that Retroarch wants you to. I'm sure a degree of this is overkill but it's what got it working consistently for me:
1). In RA's Settings->Configuration, make sure the two Save settings and Use Global Core Options File are On.
2). After doing anything else in these menus before jumping into a core (such as setting up hot keys under "Input"), go into Main Menu->Configuration File and "Save New Configuration". For whatever reason Current seems to fail to write. At this point what you've set up should stick (I hope!!).
3). Now launch a game in a core, and then go to that core's menu. With the except of any Controller Remaps or Shaders, any settings you change in the core should then be able to saved by going into Overrides at the bottom and doing both "Save Core Overrides" and "Save Content Directory Overrides".
4). With per-Core Controller Remaps and Shaders, those have their own saving menus that you'll want to save (same "Save Core" and "Save Content Directory" options for shaders, and "Manage Remap Files" for Controllers). After saving there, it's back to step 3 to save the Overrides again.

Speaking of hot keys, something I ran into that I couldn't find a more elegant way to solve is that there doesn't seem to be a way to "clear" a hotkey so that it's not assigned to a controller button. I basically could only just sacrifice a button that I hopefully wouldn't need otherwise. On a PC all of this is easily solved if it really came to it by just editing the .cfg file manually but obviously it's a bit more of a howtodo on the Deck. If you go into desktop mode and navigate to /home/.var/app/org.libretro.Retroarch/config/retrorarch you can then edit the .cfg files to your heart's content, which for me was finding the appropriate hotkey I wanted fully unassigned and changing it to "nul".

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Did anyone get need for speed heat? It's £3. Will it run ok on the deck and is it any good?

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Long shot and also sorry for n00b question- but has anyone got the gog version of legend of grimrock 2 up and running through the heroic launcher. For me it boots but there is no menu text.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Good news is that this doesn't scale, so I only have 38 of my uh, 611 Steam some games installed. Did I mention I first created a Steam account to preorder this thing? Do the math on that one.

Am I doing it right?

:stare:

I have a few more than that, and I've had my Steam account since 2008 (I lost all of the login info for my original account from a few years earlier :argh:)

Commander Keene posted:

Stux is just Stux, their gimmick is just constantly shitposting about literally everything.

Don't forget dpulex. That goon hates everything.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Science_enthusiast posted:

Long shot and also sorry for n00b question- but has anyone got the gog version of legend of grimrock 2 up and running through the heroic launcher. For me it boots but there is no menu text.

Proton DB suggest you aren't the only one with this problem.

https://www.protondb.com/app/251730

Weirdly it shows as deck verified despite that? In any case some of the proton troubleshooting steps in the other reports might work for you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DrWrestling69 posted:

Did anyone get need for speed heat? It's £3. Will it run ok on the deck and is it any good?

Its probably the best of the modern NFS games since Most Wanted and it runs fine, though it's also on a free weekend I believe so you could just install it and try for yourself.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Having gone through it recently whenever you have settings not sticking it's almost certainly because you haven't saved them in whatever labyrinthine method that Retroarch wants you to. I'm sure a degree of this is overkill but it's what got it working consistently for me:
1). In RA's Settings->Configuration, make sure the two Save settings and Use Global Core Options File are On.
2). After doing anything else in these menus before jumping into a core (such as setting up hot keys under "Input"), go into Main Menu->Configuration File and "Save New Configuration". For whatever reason Current seems to fail to write. At this point what you've set up should stick (I hope!!).
3). Now launch a game in a core, and then go to that core's menu. With the except of any Controller Remaps or Shaders, any settings you change in the core should then be able to saved by going into Overrides at the bottom and doing both "Save Core Overrides" and "Save Content Directory Overrides".
4). With per-Core Controller Remaps and Shaders, those have their own saving menus that you'll want to save (same "Save Core" and "Save Content Directory" options for shaders, and "Manage Remap Files" for Controllers). After saving there, it's back to step 3 to save the Overrides again.

Speaking of hot keys, something I ran into that I couldn't find a more elegant way to solve is that there doesn't seem to be a way to "clear" a hotkey so that it's not assigned to a controller button. I basically could only just sacrifice a button that I hopefully wouldn't need otherwise. On a PC all of this is easily solved if it really came to it by just editing the .cfg file manually but obviously it's a bit more of a howtodo on the Deck. If you go into desktop mode and navigate to /home/.var/app/org.libretro.Retroarch/config/retrorarch you can then edit the .cfg files to your heart's content, which for me was finding the appropriate hotkey I wanted fully unassigned and changing it to "nul".

not being able to clear hotkeys on 3DS is loving maddening. not being able to clear them on a TV without a keyboard was also maddening.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cyberpunk with FSR 2.0 is pretty sweet. There's some annoyances (Own the GOG version so cloud saves are such a pain to get working that I just started a new game, and the text is too small and kinda obscured), but getting a solid frame rate and everything else seems to be fine.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Mescal posted:

not being able to clear hotkeys on 3DS is loving maddening. not being able to clear them on a TV without a keyboard was also maddening.

Speaking of, don't "reset to default" the hot keys on Duckstation either. It doesn't reset them to what Emudeck set them as, but to all the keyboard and mouse configurations. So I get to reset all of that tomorrow when I'm off.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Science_enthusiast posted:

I'm a newb too and had trouble, though when I tried via the lutris launcher it works in desktop mode, but again there's no menu text when I try in gaming mode.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is cool and my Deck now runs the Xbox boot animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXGiIWdpr5U

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

drat this thing is cool as hell

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

njsykora posted:

This is cool and my Deck now runs the Xbox boot animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXGiIWdpr5U

The one on reddit called like "Handheld History" is great. I put that one on mine. It cycles through several handheld systems and then directly into the home screen with a cool transition.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NGL I so rarely reboot my device I’m not sure I’d bother.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

MarcusSA posted:

NGL I so rarely reboot my device I’m not sure I’d bother.

Yeah it's neat as gently caress but I'd never see it.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I only really see mine when coming back from desktop mode. Still cool, though

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

X-O posted:

The one on reddit called like "Handheld History" is great. I put that one on mine. It cycles through several handheld systems and then directly into the home screen with a cool transition.

Looked this up, it is really cool!

https://v.redd.it/0zok44x7ccr91

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I copied him but I never got the backstory. Is he one of those Nintendo fanboys?

Also nobody actually had Drecks back then so there was nothing better to do than to Steam Dunk.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Looked this up, it is really cool!

https://v.redd.it/0zok44x7ccr91

Yeah that is really cool.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Has anyone played Darkest Dungeon II from EGS on the Deck? People on Reddit are claiming it works "really well" but I haven't found a way to make it work with a gamepad or anything, so basically I have to play it with touch pad mouse and by mapping WASD onto the keypad, which is ... doable, but a drat distance from "really well".

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Has anyone played Darkest Dungeon II from EGS on the Deck? People on Reddit are claiming it works "really well" but I haven't found a way to make it work with a gamepad or anything, so basically I have to play it with touch pad mouse and by mapping WASD onto the keypad, which is ... doable, but a drat distance from "really well".
Haven't tried it, not sure if it supports controller or if it does, likes mixed inputs. But why not map WASD to the stick and try analog emulation? By Steam Controller standards that can be "really well" imo.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Looks like all the preorder queues except Eu 64GB are done now

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

homeless snail posted:

Haven't tried it, not sure if it supports controller or if it does, likes mixed inputs. But why not map WASD to the stick and try analog emulation? By Steam Controller standards that can be "really well" imo.

Yeah it looks like even on the PC people are having to use Joy2Key to get controller inputs in. I guess that's doable, but a bit of a bummer since WASD is only used to navigate the wagon and everything else is mouse only but that's a Darkest Dungeon II dev problem.

Or hell, maybe I could map one of the sticks to WASD and one of them to mouse. I can do that, right?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

This feels like a silly question, but is there a good guide on how to copy my roms over from my pc to the deck? Can't just pop the sd card into my windows computer once it's been formatted

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fawf posted:

This feels like a silly question, but is there a good guide on how to copy my roms over from my pc to the deck? Can't just pop the sd card into my windows computer once it's been formatted

Install an FTP using the route in the OP, or you can just use a USB stick or external hard drive with a USB-C adapter which is how I did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

njsykora posted:

Install an FTP using the route in the OP, or you can just use a USB stick or external hard drive with a USB-C adapter which is how I did it.

I used a USB stick since I think that's the easiest for Linux newbies. Basically just pop the USB stick into your PC and format it as ExFAT and you'll be able to use it on both your PC and the Deck. I have a USB A to USB C adapter, but if you have a USB C thumb drive then you don't even need that.