Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rabid Boar posted:

I'd like Ricardo to take out a gun and shoot that little freak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKrmDLvijo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

MonsterEnvy posted:

He has not done anything against the rules in this match.

using the ref as a shield is not allowed

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Yeah , it’s such a blatant rules violation the ref should’ve stopped the match or heavily penalise him on points. You can’t even make the argument the ref isn’t seeing it, he’s shown reacting multiple times to Woli using him as a human shield.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I've just checked The Big Book of Boxing and it turns out every page is blank.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I've pulled the ref aside and we agree, Wally will be murdered in the ring

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wally is going to dive head first at ricardo again and he's going to eat a loving knee

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Larry Cum Free posted:

I don't know, I'd be pretty satisfied with a whole chapter of Ricardo doing A Beautiful Mind calculations, taking into account humidity, wind resistance, Wally's fatigue from previous sprints, his adrenaline fighting in front of an away crowd... then on the last page he perfectly times one of Wally's sprints and hits him with a shovel hook that spins his head around 180 degrees.

Knocks his head clean off, it flies through the air to Ippo, who catches it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

Knocks his head clean off, it flies through the air to Ippo, who catches it

Ippo''s cornerman instincts kick in and he begins dousing it with water and massaging the neck stump

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

one thing i dont get from last chapter, is ricardo actually struggling at all or nah? he says at first "same as always" implying that this match will suck as his matches do but then says woli is taking him by surprise.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

one thing i dont get from last chapter, is ricardo actually struggling at all or nah? he says at first "same as always" implying that this match will suck as his matches do but then says woli is taking him by surprise.

I think that was more in reference to his game plan being the same as all his other fights, i.e. calmly observer for the first round, use that info to start testing thing in round 2 etc. Wally's such a freak that will probably all get pushed back a round or so from normal, but Ricardo isn't planning on adjusting his overall strategy.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

tbp posted:

Do you want to believe that this fight is finally showing us why Ricardo is so special or do you want to believe it's using him to finally cement Woli as Ippo's final boss?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tbp posted:

No you misunderstood. His coach said "just like always." Ricardo then repeats that in in his head, before saying that actually he is having trouble here as this is just too different, and he is actually pretty unsure what his plan should be.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Woli gonna win off some advice Ippo gave him. Causing Ippo to realize that Ricardo lost because his second wasn’t able to advise him better, and that Ippo himself was let down by Kamogawa as a trainer and second.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

No you misunderstood. His coach said "just like always." Ricardo then repeats that in in his head, before saying that actually he is having trouble here as this is just too different, and he is actually pretty unsure what his plan should be.

ah okay ty

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also new chapter
https://mangadex.org/chapter/2891b059-bfa4-450c-b078-6d7e84b42802/1

Edit: Oh wow this chapter was short only 7 pages.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yipee nothing loving happened.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
are you loving kidding me george what the gently caress

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
George is just loving with the fanbase at this point.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

rofl

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wally fights just keep making everybody happy

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ricardo stared at Woli's body so hard he fell

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

took a lot of fuckin balls to name this chapter "ricardo's decision" and then give us that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I haven't been this upset at a piece of media for a long time now

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This feels like an attempt to troll the reader

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Or he was having issues and could not finish more than 7 pages.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think Morikawa's solution to working on a weekly manga for 20 years without dying is occasionally doing half or third length chapters like how Oda takes weeks off now.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Chapter 1400 Ricardo does something.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sindai posted:

I think Morikawa's solution to working on a weekly manga for 20 years without dying is occasionally doing half or third length chapters like how Oda takes weeks off now.

It’s not the number of pages that’s the issue. The chapter could be 5 pages or 50, the same thing is happening in both: jack poo poo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sure I'm not defending the fight. Plese just fast forward to the part where Wally's career is ended.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

It’s not the number of pages that’s the issue. The chapter could be 5 pages or 50, the same thing is happening in both: jack poo poo

I imagine more stuff would have happened if it was not 7 pages.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Good chap

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

took a lot of fuckin balls to name this chapter "ricardo's decision" and then give us that.

Hey he made a decision, he just didn't tell anybody what it was yet :smug:

Sindai posted:

Sure I'm not defending the fight. Plese just fast forward to the part where Wally's career is ended.

:yeah:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I imagine more stuff would have happened if it was not 7 pages.

Why lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah recent chapters suggest otherwise

at least some punches were thrown lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The missing six pages would have been an absolute banger I assure you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That last part where Woli teleports away confirms he's a master of zwee fighting.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hahahaha what

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1398

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Strategy, who knew?