Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Ohhhh boy, I just woke up and it seems the trial is expressing even more intense levels of human purulence than seen previously.

To those who are watching, I salute you. Also lmfao Jones hasn't ever felt consequences why wouldn't he double down, for those families I hope he's going to be the first one ever in the most recent crop of gently caress Around to Find Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
And we're back, but the audio is having some issues it seems?

EDIT: Fixed, and its we've got a video depo from Tim (?) Fruge (?)

The dude who earlier was in all of those emails about statistics and bookkeeping for FSS with Google Analytics stuff

Faust IX fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 4, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Fruge deposition being played.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This deposition absolutely shreds the corporate representative/Alex Jones' claims that they didn't monitor sales traffic or use google analytics or use both of those things to decide what to put on the show

Like those are absolute smoking craters. I know Perjury charges like never happen but this alone should net Jones one

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I had access to the google analytics account at that point.

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Millions in store revenue a week.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
This is even more painful considering Ms. Paz said she had reviewed this testimony before acting on behalf of FSS.

Sorry, I meant funny as gently caress. Tim is throwing -everyone- under the bus by answering, of all things, honestly.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This should wrap up any doubts the jury has about the intentional spreading of Sandy Hook claims for the purposes of profit that might be lurking in their minds

Like how do you come back from this, if you are Alex/Norm?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ignore it and proceed as though it never happened. Deny reality so hard it changes.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
This right here is why I was fine with Paz spending a day and a half digging her own grave at start of trial.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

"Oh yeah we had a huge spike in sales because of Sandy Hook and we leaned into it" hoo boy

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Quote is not edit. Oh well.

"This is precisely what Alex wanted to do. I was responsible for making this run smoothly so Alex could sell everything based on these metrics."

Freaking wow.

ETA, this time, paraphrased:

Judge: "hey, so just in case this INCREDIBLY DAMNING EVIDENCE was a little muffled to you too, would you mind giving the jury a transcript?"
Mattei: "Your Honor, I'd love to."

Rampant Dwickery fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 4, 2022

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This witness is already emotional. Gonna be rough I think.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
:holymoley:

THAT WAS SPECTACULAR. And then they had the "One more thing, your honor. Have a video clip." That was...wow.

Yeah, there is no loving way this doesn't get the charges even stupidly higher. And props to the 100 year old dad of the witness. Happy Irish-American pride.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Letters to her home from people claiming they desecrated her son's grave :smith:

Jesus christ

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Christ almighty it’s not enough to accuse the parents of lying about their dead children, but to go desecrate the child’s grave?

Can we round up the infowarriors and dump them on Mars or some poo poo far, far away from the rest of humanity?

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
"My own daughter felt better away from here because people didn't know who she was."

"She knew her father was getting threats, that people were bragging to him about desecrating our child's grave, but didn't tell us she knew until two weeks ago."

Christ.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Jones could burn in the fires of hell for a billion years and it would not be enough

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

KitConstantine posted:

By another mother who's son was killed.

The levels of hosed up are astonishing

There's a kid who survived Parkland whose father says it was fake and that his kid's friends didn't die.
Alex Jones and his ilk really need to be stopped.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

duz posted:

There's a kid who survived Parkland whose father says it was fake and that his kid's friends didn't die.

Yeah, we had a good run in there sometimes, but I think it's about time we admit defeat and pack it in as a species.

We're done.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Is court adjourned for the day?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

HAmbONE posted:

Is court adjourned for the day?

No, they were just on lunch, back now.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Infowars was showing Alex Jones outside the courtroom

Alex said they gave all the discovery, calls it a kangaroo court
says he is being order to perjure himself when answering questions
robert barnes is now talking
says the american justice system on trial, says this is a show trial
says that the court has said if he answers honestly or truthfully he will go to jail
claims that alex gave more discovery than any media organization in any trial
says it is a fake case
blames democratic politicans for sandy hook by not pushing school safety
lol infowars cut away from alex's press conference

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Has Alex's comments on Friday come up yet? I'm guessing it hasn't be completely relevant yet to their plan today, so I wonder if/when it'll come up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are they under the control of the government overseer now?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

goatface posted:

Are they under the control of the government overseer now?

Not exactly. They new restructuring officer, when appointed, will be a guy named Patrick McGill a retired CPA that had been blessed by the US trustee.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Oh poo poo, Alex Jones is still pulling that stunt outside. If this were any other case, I'd imagine he would be held in contempt for the violent outburst of crazy during his testimony, but that would only achieve a martyr complex and prove whatever twisted hosed up narrative he wants to keep peddling.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it almost seems like jones thought he could go to prison until very recently. like he say down with his lawyer and was like "so, it looks like i'm losing, how much prison time am i looking at?"
losing control of his company is going to be hilarious. i'm picturing a financial scooby-doo with a court appointed accountant chasing bags of money through door after door in a single hallway

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
the sharing of music absolutely gutted me.

A lot of this reminds me of memories with my parents and grandparents, and how I cherish those memories.

All with the backdrop of the present day and what Jones and his ilk have done to these families.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
That was a very short fire alarm. Or do they cut the mic when they go to recess?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

loving hell. From thr testimony because I don't want to type it
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1577367786132750343?t=YjGL5dE9IU_2F_sgm6T_ew&s=19

And yes the mics get cut during recess now

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

teen witch posted:

the sharing of music absolutely gutted me.

A lot of this reminds me of memories with my parents and grandparents, and how I cherish those memories.

All with the backdrop of the present day and what Jones and his ilk have done to these families.

I've been just kind of leaving the trial open in a tab or on my phone and I'll do other stuff while I listen in. If I run out of other stuff, I just kind of default to practicing music cause sure, it keeps my hands busy and it's not like I don't need it.

Yeah, that part got me really loving hard and the instrument's been back in his case the rest of the day. "Dead kid loved your hobby too" is a special feeling in the middle of all of this *vague, sad hand gesture*.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Piell posted:

Infowars was showing Alex Jones outside the courtroom

Alex said they gave all the discovery, calls it a kangaroo court
says he is being order to perjure himself when answering questions
robert barnes is now talking
says the american justice system on trial, says this is a show trial
says that the court has said if he answers honestly or truthfully he will go to jail
claims that alex gave more discovery than any media organization in any trial
says it is a fake case
blames democratic politicans for sandy hook by not pushing school safety
lol infowars cut away from alex's press conference

Lame. Get some new material.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1577368531292798982

I switched back to Infowars where, surprise surprise, Alex Jones was still holding a press conference outside the courtroom (dunno if it was live or not though)

alex jones said politicians talking about mass shootings "looks like a media production"
alex j said he's strongly considering when he goes on the stand saying that this isn't a real court and pleading the 5th amendment
says the judge is guilty of tyranny
says he might not go onto the stand tomorrow because it's a trap
screaming about how the judge said he can't say he is innocent
plugging his book
planted question about how "don't we have free speech?"
alex says he doesn't have two million dollars
says he gave all the discovery and says they're weaponizing the judiciary
calls it a kangaroo trial

Piell fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 4, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Piell posted:

https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1577368531292798982

I switched back to Infowars where, surprise surprise, Alex Jones was still holding a press conference outside the courtroom (dunno if it was live or not though)

alex jones said politicians talking about mass shootings "looks like a media production"
alex j said he's strongly considering when he goes on the stand saying that this isn't a real court and pleading the 5th amendment

says the judge is guilty of tyranny
says he might not go onto the stand tomorrow because it's a trap
screaming about how the judge said he can't say he is innocent
plugging his book
planted question about how "don't we have free speech?"
alex says he doesn't have two million dollars
says he gave all the discovery and says they're weaponizing the judiciary
calls it a kangaroo trial

Even in his addled brain, how would this work? Like, just accept the stupid premises and go with it. It doesn't seem like it ends well?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No think, just talk.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1577373608686428160
My guess is one of Alex's fans pulled the alarm

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
I'm morbidly wondering if he's hoping the jurors will hear him spouting off as they're evacuated. He's pretty much angling to mistrial at every chance, after all.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

duz posted:

Alex Jones and his ilk really need to be stopped.

This has got to be the result of population wide lead poisoning. I genuinely can't think of another reason so many peoples neural interconnects could collectively snap into such a dumb arrangement upon the sound of Jones's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
The best thing about that ramble of insanity that was being broadcast is the admission that if he goes back on the stand, he has to lie under oath to avoid jail.

Which is loving hilarious for the obvious reason, and then the more nuanced ones that aren’t immediately clear. Having to “tell the truth” or “answer honestly” resulting in him “going to jail” is especially funny, because that means that he’s trying to internally justify a way to not say something so bad that it would be worth the charges for perjury and lying to somehow avoid worse ones.