Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

We Gotta Get More Racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

hyper attentive to nonexistent antisemitism yet completely blind to one’s own racism tumbling out of their mouth

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

i say swears online posted:

We Gotta Get More Racist

It seems to be what gets the population voting...:ohdear:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is going to end your country. This is gonna tip it over, a whole bunch of British people trying to bake Mexican deserts they've had described to them. This is going to cause an international incident that will end with your country getting sanctioned worse than Russia. Also what the gently caress is that grub person, why is he allowed in public.

https://twitter.com/PrueLeith/status/1577251713693921281?s=20&t=Lb7UWvuwqGy7frGPSlihGQ

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

This is going to end your country. This is gonna tip it over, a whole bunch of British people trying to bake Mexican deserts they've had described to them. This is going to cause an international incident that will end with your country getting sanctioned worse than Russia. Also what the gently caress is that grub person, why is he allowed in public.

https://twitter.com/PrueLeith/status/1577251713693921281?s=20&t=Lb7UWvuwqGy7frGPSlihGQ

which one is the grub person?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

they're gonna bring out the edstone with everything other than "controls on immigration" chiseled out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thats Boris Johnson he shaved his head

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

which one is the grub person?

The one that looks like a grub.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

euphronius posted:

thats Boris Johnson he shaved his head

Actually that's Matt Lucas who is behind some of the most beloved sketch comedy characters of the last 20 years (like the guy in a wheelchair who gets out of the wheelchair when his carer isn't around, or the chav woman and a bunch of other poo poo, lazy & unfunny things, because the British public love shoveling turds down their gobs)

Oh, I forgot to add the show was keen on blackface too. Rule Brittania

forkboy84 has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Oct 5, 2022

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Morter posted:

It seems to be what gets the population voting...:ohdear:

Labour vultures picking out policies that the voters like from an overflowing Tory garbage pile

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

forkboy84 posted:

Actually that's Matt Lucas who is behind some of the most beloved sketch comedy characters of the last 20 years (like the guy in a wheelchair who gets out of the wheelchair when his carer isn't around, or the chav woman and a bunch of other poo poo, lazy & unfunny things, because the British public love shoveling turds down their gobs)

This passed for funny in the early 2000's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNBU1sndPmk

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

The one that looks like a grub.

i dunno i dont watch tv

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indian british women ftw

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as the allegation came out a long time after he died, although there may have been older ones I'm not aware of. Many of the women on the regular cast speak very fondly of him, and I think some speculated he might have been gay.

Everyone remembers the scantily-clad women from the ending Yakety Sax chase scenes which have aged badly, but Hill said he was poking fun at middle-aged men who acted like idiots trying to pursue younger women. Most sketches on the show were just silly characters with slapstick comedy or pisstake impersonations of various celebrities or lampoons of current TV shows.

Saying that, if it turns out he was a massive sex pest this isn't the hill I'm going to die on.

savilesource your quote

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Gripweed posted:

noel fielding and the little britain guy fighting each other to get to the brown makeup first

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Gripweed posted:

The box! You opened it, we came!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't fool me, that's clearly a nosferatu.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like the guy on the lower left is actually the most sinister by a good margin

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

indian british women ftw

Women? Look at that segmented neck, I doubt she's even human.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

not just blackface

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you can't fool me, that's clearly a nosferatu.

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol even Gary is annoyed by this

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1577418025950597121?t=Ee4Jv9HSTqlpmc4oS8Auqg&s=19

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the white hand posted:

I feel like the guy on the lower left is actually the most sinister by a good margin

Paul Hollywood has strong mob enforcer vibes

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

The world's most macho pastry chef.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/BareLefter/status/1577553012502978560?t=vW65tt7esZ9jVRZqu7IB8g&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

i am harry posted:

not just blackface

Even as a dumb yoof when that show was on I remember thinking that it was some weird time capsule out of the 1970s. At least Lucas has one over Graham Linehan in that he's expressed regret over it & didn't take mild criticism as an excuse to melt down harder than a supernova, alienating his family & friends, losing his house, basically rendering himself unemployable.

Ah, the Frank Fields oval office brigade

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't realise eric pickles got a peerage at some point and now I'm lolling at the news reporting the latest sage guidance for the PM from Lord Pickles

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Valko posted:

Women? Look at that segmented neck, I doubt she's even human.

Please stop

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

gonadic io posted:

Please stop

Why?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
We get it, you hate women

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Not only that he was the office manager for darling of the right Gloria di Piero

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

gonadic io posted:

We get it, you hate women

I don't. I DO hate that particular woman though. There is a difference.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Valko posted:

Her appearance has nothing to do with why she's bad. Shut the gently caress up.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Valko posted:

Every post about her focuses on her appearance though, even bragging about directly making fun of her appearance on twitter. Yeah, people make fun of the appearance of the hosed-up male politicians too, but that happens in the context of repeated criticism of their public persona as well. Which is why people think you got a problem with women, since it appears like that's the only thing you think is worth critiquing one for.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

making fun of anyone's appearance at any time other than their style choices is always lovely

some people don't want to understand that because they have a bad sense of humour

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Oh no the "don't fat shame the PM" brigade are back

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

enjoy your miserable jokes about how boris is fat then

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

[extremely truth is in the middle voice] john majors kinda hot

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Communist Thoughts posted:

Oh no the "don't fat shame the PM" brigade are back

It's creatively lazy, ignores the real issues, and has collateral damage.

Be funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

roomtone posted:

making fun of anyone's appearance at any time other than their style choices is always lovely

some people don't want to understand that because they have a bad sense of humour

Counterpoint: Michael Gove