Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I went to costco on friday and they had oodles and oodles of toilet paper but no kirkland paper towels

Soul Dentist posted:

I worked a steel processing job last year and my boss distributed the stickers to everybody on the line. Everybody got a kick out of putting them next to broken equipment or empty vending machines, including me. I don't think a single sticker left the plant

Lmao

Tiny Timbs posted:

I liked how they stayed up once gas prices started falling

Those were probably fresh ones put up by democrats thinking they were jon stewart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Hmm... Costco does have a bidet: https://www.costco.com/toto-washlet-bidet-seat.product.100973005.html

But Amazon seems to have the same exact one for cheaper? Does Costco price match Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-WASHLET-Electronic-SoftClose-Elongated/dp/B09JV3PWNT

They don’t price match afaik.

I don’t have a powered one because I don’t have a plug near the toilet and I haven’t really felt the need for it. Even the basic $40 one from Amazon really is life changing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

They don’t price match afaik.

I don’t have a powered one because I don’t have a plug near the toilet and I haven’t really felt the need for it. Even the basic $40 one from Amazon really is life changing.

Yeah I have a fancy $250 Brondell powered one on the master and $40 cheap ones on the others and I’m totally good with the latter

Heated water is either overrated or my rear end is so numb it can’t feel anymore

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

Hmm... Costco does have a bidet: https://www.costco.com/toto-washlet-bidet-seat.product.100973005.html

But Amazon seems to have the same exact one for cheaper? Does Costco price match Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-WASHLET-Electronic-SoftClose-Elongated/dp/B09JV3PWNT

1) Costco does not price match anyone
2) The bidet is cheaper in store. I'm seeing it at $349 regular and sometimes on sale for $50 off. Costco.com pricing has shipping costs built in so check your local store first.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Having a heated bidet in winter is way less important than having regular-rear end cool water in the summer, in terms of butthole enjoyment. Especially if your diet includes a significant amount of 505 chilies and the like

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Tiny Timbs posted:

I liked how they stayed up once gas prices started falling

speaking of staying up once gas prices started falling... costco and sam's are near each other in my area and keep each other honest, they're 30-40 cents cheaper than some other places. even the other suburban 'co is still 20-30 cents cheaper than everyone else.

the hurricane price gouging is nowhere near as bad here as some other places, thankfully, but still, costco is by far the cheapest around for me

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Soul Dentist posted:

regular rear end-cool water in the summer

:hmmyes:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Heated water is either overrated or my rear end is so numb it can’t feel anymore

Yeah it's not overrated, neither is heated seat

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eh I live in southern CA near the water so neither of those things are worth it.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

MarcusSA posted:

Eh I live in southern CA near the water so neither of those things are worth it.

You wash your rear end in the ocean?

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

most houses here are too lame to have outlets near the toilet so i have to make do with a non-heated bidet like a schmuck

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I added an outlet in the vanity cabinet so we could hook up our fancy butt washer. It's not very hard if you are handy at all.

Speaking of Mr. Sparkle, we got ours from Costco in Nov 2019 on a pretty great sale (Bio Bidet 6800 for ~$200) and my goony rear end finally overpowered the seat and broke one of the hinges. Had a brief moment of panic when I saw that normal prices are $400+, but going back to wiping with paper like a heathen is right out. Fortunately BioBidet has a 3 year warranty, and I got a real human on the first ring and they are sending out a replacement. Makes me glad that Costco only deals with reputable companies (afaik anyway).

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I managed to spend under $50 at Costco today, AMA

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fake James posted:

I managed to spend under $50 at Costco today, AMA

Did you feel like Joey Chestnut after crushing 30 hot dogs?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I get three things at costco

Hot dogs
Protein shakes
Gas (for car)

It's never over $50

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

StormDrain posted:

Did you feel like Joey Chestnut after crushing 30 hot dogs?

Pray for my bowels

Actual list was:

2 dozen eggs
Case of Waterloo sparkling water
Spring mix
RX Bars
Chicken + cilanto wantons
Chicken bake
2x pack of 32 Cool shorts ($6!!!)

My secret is to go on lunch break when I have to rush and can't just start shoveling everything I want into my cart.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

i just fill my lunch by going thru the sample ladies multiple times

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Has anyone done the costco auto program lately? It seems like it's just for inventory cars, but there aren't many of those these days. If I want a specific configuration, can I order it through the costco program?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I don’t know, but even pre-covid it was very hard to get a dealership to order you a car and generally they wouldn’t bother unless you were really running up the bill.

Small engine, no options? They don’t care. Sports model fully loaded with $5,000 semi-custom paint? Absolutely… for full MSRP.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of covid, my VA said they would not have the variant booster for another week, yet the Costco pharmacy today had my choice of either Pfizer or Moderna Bivalents. I went with Moderna because my 3rd Pfizer gave me heart palpitations that took months to clear up. There was also no line ahead of me, and you don't need a membership obviously.

Yeah it's a meme from a page back, some old jew was understandably upset
VVV

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 6, 2022

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I was waiting for a slice of pizza today and heard someone go get their dog and say "how do you expect me to eat this without onions" laughing like they were saying a joke and the poor employee looked like they wanted to die

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jaxts posted:

I was waiting for a slice of pizza today and heard someone go get their dog and say "how do you expect me to eat this without onions" laughing like they were saying a joke and the poor employee looked like they wanted to die

I read this while ordering a 'bake and did the same thing just now but with a chicken bake in my hand. The staff know me from buying hella pizzas every week they lold and directed me to the diaper aisle.

Chicken bake secured

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zero VGS posted:

some old jew was understandably upset

:thunk:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

👀

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that’s the guy’s username

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Wayne Knight posted:

Has anyone done the costco auto program lately? It seems like it's just for inventory cars, but there aren't many of those these days. If I want a specific configuration, can I order it through the costco program?

Just before COVID hit, I went through using a Costco auto discount with a friend and they pretty much knocked a flat $3,000 off a new car that met the spec we were looking for.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Got gas, a flu shot, and a package of White Rabbit ice cream bars in one trip, truly pbuc

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What's the Costco price like on RX bars and similar? I like them for breakfast/snacks and I have been paying Trader Joseph a ruinous markup for them for some time

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The only RX bar i need from costco is actually more of a tube, and it's only $1.50

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Nessus posted:

What's the Costco price like on RX bars and similar? I like them for breakfast/snacks and I have been paying Trader Joseph a ruinous markup for them for some time

Not bad, not great. You don’t save a ton compared to buying elsewhere, and lock yourself into many units of just a few flavors (admittedly not an issue if you like those flavors). The only ones we routinely get any more are the Nature’s Bakery fig bars and Belvita breakfast bars. People seem to like the Robert Irvine protein bars, haven’t tried them myself.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ledhed posted:

Not bad, not great. You don’t save a ton compared to buying elsewhere, and lock yourself into many units of just a few flavors (admittedly not an issue if you like those flavors). The only ones we routinely get any more are the Nature’s Bakery fig bars and Belvita breakfast bars. People seem to like the Robert Irvine protein bars, haven’t tried them myself.
I just know given my habits I'm going to go through approximately 350 protein/fruit bars in a year and when I put it that way, buying in bulk makes sense

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kirkland has their own brand which is fully decent

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Totally, I just don’t think the savings are as grand as other items, bulk or not. I don’t have a TJ nearby but assuming you’re paying something like $1.50-$2 per bar, that’s about in line with everything at the ‘Co.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Just eat the ingredients listed on the package directly to save a ton of money.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Speaking of covid, my VA said they would not have the variant booster for another week, yet the Costco pharmacy today had my choice of either Pfizer or Moderna Bivalents. I went with Moderna because my 3rd Pfizer gave me heart palpitations that took months to clear up. There was also no line ahead of me, and you don't need a membership obviously.

Yeah it's a meme from a page back, some old jew was understandably upset
VVV

I'm not going to probe this, but be more careful with your phrasing. The TikTok account had a name close to this, so I'm just putting in a warning here, but even had you used the name of the account verbatim it would still be iffy.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm not going to probe this, but be more careful with your phrasing. The TikTok account had a name close to this, so I'm just putting in a warning here, but even had you used the name of the account verbatim it would still be iffy.

oh yeah sorry, it didn't even click to me that anyone would interpret that as sinister, but I see it now.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

The turkeys are starting to show up at church.

Thinkin bout them turkeys.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why isn't there a membership that gives me a free hot dog and soda every visit or a free chicken bagel would be preferred

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lmao this guy doesn't know about the diamond membership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Taco Bell Costco ain't got no secret menu