Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He couldn’t inject any life into that Tampa offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Taking a stab in the dark and saying Beasley didn't want to be a 4th WR, and with recievers returning from injury was personally concerned about social distancing

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The downward spiral continues:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1577697580028510216?s=20&t=_iCW5AUsjC_Mo2SCwi3YxQ

Silly Burrito posted:

He couldn’t inject any life into that Tampa offense.

Bucs without Cole Beasley - 2-0
Bucs with Cole Beasley - 0-2

Makes you think...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I'm happy for Geno just because it annoys the hell out of everyone but Rosenthal on Around the NFL

I think almost every Seahawk fan expects him to come crashing down at any moment. But are we enjoying the ride while it lasts? Hell yes. Especially since Russ is struggling out of the gate at Denver.

Gonna need all the entertainment we can get cause holy hell our defense.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wandler20 posted:

The downward spiral continues:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1577697580028510216?s=20&t=_iCW5AUsjC_Mo2SCwi3YxQ

Bucs without Cole Beasley - 2-0
Bucs with Cole Beasley - 0-2

Makes you think...

I'm finding it hard to believe the Panthers will win another game at this point.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Panthers should keep their chins up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kazil posted:

I'm finding it hard to believe the Panthers will win another game at this point.

I believed in the Baker revenge game. I really did.

Nov 6, 2002

What is Baker's outlook like for 2023 after everyone on the Panthers is fired? Does he get another shot at a starting job somewhere?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kazil posted:

Depends on whether the Saints play Jameis again.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's because I called him washed in the GDT isn't it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol I like these

https://twitter.com/rachelbonnetta/status/1577701809727995905?s=20&t=0vLk7YDjZfj3iMZermmi0Q

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bonnetta is a treasure.

Also that power ranking is based on current week's lines, of which the Dolphins are only 3 point favorites against the Jets. It's obviously highly dependent on the injury status of your QB.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What is Baker's outlook like for 2023 after everyone on the Panthers is fired? Does he get another shot at a starting job somewhere?

Probably a back up or Bridge QB job

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Even "bridge QB" feels like ambitious for Baker unless he turns it around immediately. I guess Mike Glennon was a bridge QB for an offseason.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Was catching exactly one pass from Brady on his bucket list or something.
He thought so but once you've caught catches from Joshua Patrick Allen, no other quarterback satisfies.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 5, 2022

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Geno playing himself out of a bridge QB position into a starting QB position!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Even "bridge QB" feels like ambitious for Baker unless he turns it around immediately. I guess Mike Glennon was a bridge QB for an offseason.

I presume Baker will be in the Trubisky role for next year. Standing in front of some rookie trying to play well enough to get a better shot in 2024-2025.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Baker doesn't have the benefit of being an NVP winner like Mitch does, though.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

What a weird time it was a few years ago...

I mean it was 5 years ago but it seems weird for every guy mentioned in that sentence to be out of the league other than Tyreek and Demarcus Robinson. With what we knew about Demarcus at the time you'd have thought that he would flush out.

Catching up on the thread, the guy in that tweet with the wildest ride is easily Coleman. Won the Biletnikoff award in college, drafted in the first round, but the only reason I even remember his name is because he sealed the Browns' 0-16 season with an all time lol of a drop. Then almost immediately fell out of the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3xdVGOR4w

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 5, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I presume Baker will be in the Trubisky role for next year. Standing in front of some rookie trying to play well enough to get a better shot in 2024-2025.

https://twitter.com/sheena_marie3/status/1577731658740109343?s=46&t=VjtPoy6-l43mOwi47WNIQw

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Such a testy rear end in a top hat

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dumb question: what does that drill look like?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dumb question: what does that drill look like?

It's running plays with a windmill placed at the line of scrimmage for him to try to throw past

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rogue Elephant posted:

It's running plays with a windmill placed at the line of scrimmage for him to try to throw past

He's gotta throw into the clown's mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BwxSHs9elk&t=139s

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rogue Elephant posted:

Matt Rhule is currently taking up all the available training grounds with windmills.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I want to imagine Mayfield signing with a new team every year and somehow ending up worse off

"Finally out of Cleveland! Thanks Carolina and Rhule!"

"Finally out of Carolina, thank you Josh McCowen coached Texans!"

"Finally out of Houston, thank you Patriots and Steve Belichek!"

"Finally out of Boston, thank you Raiders and Head Coach Brian Schottenheimer!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

edit found this on ESPN. deleting the barstool link.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34732172/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-says-head-injuries-inherent-part-playing-nfl

quote:

Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow said he is very familiar with concussionlike symptoms and that head injuries are an inherent cost of playing football.

In his weekly podcast appearance, Burrow said he hasn't had any long-term issues from concussions but conceded that he has likely suffered at least one during his career and has even forgotten entire chunks of a game before.

"I've had some where I don't remember the second half or I don't remember the entire game or I know I got a little dizzy at one point," Burrow told "The Colin Cowherd Podcast." "But nothing long-lasting.""

Burrow went on to say that those issues are part of playing the sport.

"You're going to have head injuries," Burrow told the podcast. "You're going to tear your ACL. You're going to break your arm. That's the game that we play. That's the life that we live. And we get paid handsomely for it. I think going into every game, we know what we're getting ourselves into."

nothing long lasting, I just can't remember hours of my life

Ehud fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 5, 2022

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

my dad played like 7 games of football in high school back in the 60s and he said there were several times he doesn't remember whatsoever. coming to on the sideline with like 20 minutes just gone forever. can only imagine it's a billion times worse for every NFL player. fins up

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

syzpid posted:

I want to imagine Mayfield signing with a new team every year and somehow ending up worse off

And each time he will go out of his way to spite the last stop.

"When I was the third string QB in Houston, I felt like they disrespected me by cutting me after a few months. I'm excited to prove them wrong with my new position as "camp arm.""

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Family friend John grimsley told my dad several times that he simply didn’t know full games people would ask him to recall. He couldn’t remember 1/3rd of his college games. Dude was a walking case of CTE sadly. Ultimately how he became case #1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've definitely gone lights-out while tackling someone huge but never had the forgetsies

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/underdog__nfl/status/1577754518753796096?s=46&t=w9_7COSw6p5gQDtBNThJuw

The chip on his shoulder is still fresh and the ring torn off his finger still hurts

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

syzpid posted:

If he somehow avoids Chicago, the graveyard of QBs, he'll be lucky.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There are only seven rings that Tom Brady will ever wear again.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

All Panthers game on thursday the rest of the season

The Panthers should be aired at 2:00 a.m. on QVC. Tepper should have to pay for the slot.

Nov 6, 2002

Just make the Bears and Panthers play each other the rest of the way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ooh boy, that sure was a draft pick huh? Would've cost a team like ~$800k ish to take his contract for the year.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1577759945256275970

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
He was the one from Rutgers right? Yeah, not sure how that didn't work out.

Edit: no, UMass. The Rutgers of the G5.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mega64 posted:

There are only seven rings that Tom Brady will ever wear again.

yea if he can't get another 2 he's never gonna be able to give one to every human king. i guess he can give his 7 to the dwarves.

Just make the Bears and Panthers play each other the rest of the way.

and only air it on thursday nights for the truly depraved

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

He was the one from Rutgers right? Yeah, not sure how that didn't work out.

Edit: no, UMass. The Rutgers of the G5.

I had him circled in blood for the Pats to pick that year (in like the 4th round) but instead they somehow wasted an even higher pick than Arizona did by taking N'Keal Harry lol.