Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

More than anything else I find the rush to own him based on what he's drinking strange. Even if it was a cosmo or an appletini, fine, who gives a poo poo?
yeah, fetterman's run a good meme campaign (lol), but they're still centering 'oz is a weirdo rich out-of-touch outsider guy' while oz has found a big scary issue that resonates (Radical John Fetterman is Soft On Crime will let (((Urban Youths))) boil out for Philly and Pittsburgh to murder your suburban family in their beds) and is blanketing the airwaves with it, and they don't seem to have an answer :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

More than anything else I find the rush to own him based on what he's drinking strange. Even if it was a cosmo or an appletini, fine, who gives a poo poo?

even if you disagree, being a politician is first and foremost about being able to read the loving room

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Well, in America it is. It's fancy and effeminate, despite being 2x to 5x stronger by volume.

Except loooww tier fortified wines like md 20/20 and thunderbird. People kinda don't know what to think about those.

MD20/20 is for alcoholics and people who hate themselves

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Dixon Chisholm posted:

You're not an American man. You just don't understand how gay wine is and how straight tailgate parties are.

It's stupid as hell, but that's exactly what it is.

Part of the reason why I find America so confusing is that it is so similar to Australia in most ways, but that just makes the differences feel somehow even more alien than they do with other countries. There's a sort of uncanny valley effect where something like this feels so much more wrong than anything that, idk, lets say French politics could ever produce.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Part of the reason why I find America so confusing is that it is so similar to Australia in most ways, but that just makes the differences feel somehow even more alien than they do with other countries. There's a sort of uncanny valley effect where something like this feels so much more wrong than anything that, idk, lets say French politics could ever produce.

we are each others' stupid hillbilly cousins

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

MD20/20 is for alcoholics and people who hate themselves

Haha, got me.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Imagine if Scooby-Dum saw Scooby-Doo coming and was like "oh jesus, I gotta deal with this dumb motherfucker again". That's America and Australia.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1577304936345387009

could an American explain to me why this is so scandalous, I'm not up on tailgate etiquette

wine is for women and gays unlike football, a sport about touching men in private areas

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Uncanny valley is a good way to sum it up.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

"bitch drink"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you wouldn't expect Oz to know anything about working class or poor people cultural stuff but that's why you hire people who do know about these things. did no one on his team say "hey beer would be a better look for this one"? i still think the most likely theory is that his staff just want him to lose. maybe the Ogre has a man on the inside advising Doc in such a way to make him seem even more like a rich effete dipshit than he already is.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we are each others' stupid hillbilly cousins

:hmmyes:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

australians are americans that are comfortable with traveling

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

he doesn't even have to fuckin drink it, just put a can of chud-rear end yeungling in his hand and take the pic, done

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

he doesn't even have to fuckin drink it, just put a can of chud-rear end yeungling in his hand and take the pic, done

I'll do you one better: just have the wine in the same kind of red solo cup that everyone else is in the picture is drinking out of!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

https://twitter.com/JamesMoore_org/status/1577086092112990208

yeah he's running a meme campaign but he's good at it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's so good

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i hope fetterman loses

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no way i think it'll be hilarious watching him in a big dumb suit on the senate floor cast a vote to fund west bank settlement

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

paul_soccer12 posted:

i hope fetterman loses

it would be pretty funny

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

spacemang_spliff posted:

it would be pretty funny

if Oz and Walker both win I think I'll die laughing

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

I've learned not to underestimate the capacity of the democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So it could happen.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If nothing else Fetterman knows how to appeal to millennials so if he loses it’s cause all the old chuds who saw dr Oz on the teevee decide to come out and vote in record numbers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

If nothing else Fetterman knows how to appeal to millennials so if he loses it’s cause all the old chuds who saw dr Oz on the teevee decide to come out and vote in record numbers

that's why the GOP had two out-of-state guys they brought in for that seat primary, the rich business guy / culture war gun nut and the TV huckster. Unfortunately for them the TV president saw the TV man and swung the pendulum in his favor.

Had McCormick won the primary I'd be a lot more worried.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

if Oz and Walker both win I think I'll die laughing

it will be great posting times. can't wait.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
oz is dull as poo poo and would not be funny at all

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

that's why the GOP had two out-of-state guys they brought in for that seat primary, the rich business guy / culture war gun nut and the TV huckster. Unfortunately for them the TV president saw the TV man and swung the pendulum in his favor.

Had McCormick won the primary I'd be a lot more worried.

I'm surprised they didn't push Brian Fitzpatrick to run, but the chuds in Bucks county will re-elect him forever so I don't blame him for hanging on to his safe seat

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm surprised they didn't push Brian Fitzpatrick to run, but the chuds in Bucks county will re-elect him forever so I don't blame him for hanging on to his safe seat

i feel like his last foray out of bucks was a disaster, but also involved his large adult brother being an idiot or something

anyway as long as Shapiro wins i welcome whatever hilarious thing happens on the senate side

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Drunkboxer posted:

oz is dull as poo poo and would not be funny at all

no but Fetterman being a sore loser would provide years of content, he'd hound Oz mercilessly on twitter

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

no but Fetterman being a sore loser would provide years of content, he'd hound Oz mercilessly on twitter

nah he looks like he has about 8 months left at most

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

paul_soccer12 posted:

nah he looks like he has about 8 months left at most

if none of his parts fall off before the election he's winning.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1577462975144738816

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nice of him to leave out the part where Fetterman was referring to people in for non-violent drug offenses

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/1577704838435340289

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1578098710675865600

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

can John fit on a plane

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1577964658048307202

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

This is how I felt as an American during the two weeks I was in Australia so that tracks

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1578553235492593664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

christmas boots posted:

This is how I felt as an American during the two weeks I was in Australia so that tracks

Even our most popular sports are bizarro versions of each other.

Baseball and cricket, American football and rugby, basketball and netball, Australian football and calvinball...