Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Clarste posted:

You can't even fight the Vishaps until you do the entire Enkanomiya questline, right? Can you fight the Ruin Serpent before you finish the Chasm?

you can do the serpent as soon as you get underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

You can't even fight the Vishaps until you do the entire Enkanomiya questline, right? Can you fight the Ruin Serpent before you finish the Chasm?

Yeah. You have to go through it a bit but I think the Serpent is in the third area you light up? In any event I haven't done the chasm, just enough to get to Sumeru, and I have a Shinobu at 90.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Clarste posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do it before finishing the quest. You might not even need the flashlight mcguffin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You get to the vishap bosses as soon as you get the lighthouse. The main quest there just kind of takes you there and ends.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clarste posted:

The geo vishap in Liyue is one you can just stumble on at least.
Ruin serpent I believe is behind the section tou blast open, so you don't need to complete all of the quests to get to it, but you need to at least advance one of the two big Chasm quest chains a bit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Coolness Averted posted:

The geo vishap in Liyue is one you can just stumble on at least.
Ruin serpent I believe is behind the section tou blast open, so you don't need to complete all of the quests to get to it, but you need to at least advance one of the two big Chasm quest chains a bit.

I meant the Bathysvishap Herd, which drops a different ascension item.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 6, 2022

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
The most shocking revelation: Razor's parents thought "Razor" was a good adventurer's name.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Redmark posted:

The most shocking revelation: Razor's parents thought "Razor" was a good adventurer's name.

Maybe they just really liked Scott Hall?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Maybe they met Lan, she never shuts up about razors, so it must be adventure-y.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Redmark posted:

Almost as good as Edge Maverick.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Razor is a perfectly fine name for a wolfboy, but yeah, it was funny to see that flashback of his parents naming him during a romantic moment.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Speaking of adventurers though, have we actually met any playable characters who are adventurers, outside of Monstadt? It feels like the Adventurer's Guild was a big part of the setting at first and then they just sort of forgot about it in later countries except as an excuse to hand out quests.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The only "adventurers" in the game who don't have some other job that's directing them around (e.g. Amber working for the Knights) are Traveler, Bennett, and Kazuha, and at a stretch Klee and Itto+Kuki (but those three mostly just play around rather than specifically "adventuring"). If being signed up for the adventurer guild is a requirement then Kazuha probably gets disqualified too.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Speaking of adventurers though, have we actually met any playable characters who are adventurers, outside of Monstadt? It feels like the Adventurer's Guild was a big part of the setting at first and then they just sort of forgot about it in later countries except as an excuse to hand out quests.
Newer characters tend to be more directly involved with things that are more specific to the region they're from, which I guess is more interesting.

It's also possible that the Adventurers' Guild was originally written to be Mondstadt-specific, and they ended up expanding it for gameplay purposes. That would fit with Mondstadt's identity as a more typical European fantasy kind of setting, where the other regions are less conventional.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

Playable characters, no. There's still a bunch of NPCs running around in adventurer outfits, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It sorta seems to just be rare in general for anyone in the adventurer's guild to have a vision; off the top of my head it's just Fischl and Bennet, right? And Bennet's there because that's where he grew up, and Fischl's there because it gets her out of the house she can definitely use oz to peer on things from miles away, and just never does it when you can see her. Either way, they don't really have any other organizations they could belong to. Everyone else has some wealthy/prestigious family or organization. It makes sense as a sort of catch-bin for people who aren't with the church, knights, a business, or "a shockingly powerful winery."

The later countries seem less allergic to big family names, so Xingqiu can just be associated with his family's [massive] business, you can toss Zhongli in with the very old funeral home because he works there, etc.

This also frees up the adventurer's guild to be purely for regular-rear end people who want to go see the world, which is more interesting than: "sure we all run around breaking our backs for days, and then some dipshit with a gem on their belt killed everything in 3 seconds. Yeah, this'll be a great story to tell at the bar." Bennet at least doesn't completely ruin it as an everyman organization, because whatever extra ability he might have gets balanced out by his incredible ability to cause an avalanche while cooking breakfast. And I suppose Fischl doesn't interefere with it much either, because she's just part of their intellegence bit, and also because nobody knows what the hell she's saying, so she's not got much to do with the rest of the greenshirts.

Rather seems like the "regular folk in a world with superpowers" is what the writing intends for them, so it makes sense that there's just a couple outliers.

e. I feel like I was given a fischl translation manual during the fischl event, but I can't seem to find it. That's a pity.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 6, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Leathal posted:

Turns out Kuki’s ascension materials come from a boss somewhere in the Chasm that I can’t even access until I do some questline.

Seems kinda strange from a game design perspective since I assume you could potentially pull her in the first batch of wishes and be stuck with a single ascension character for like 30 hours with the ingame guide only saying “Complete this Chasm quest for more info”.

A work around is you can go to goon discord, go to #lfg, and ask to join someone's world where it's unlocked. Someone will help you. https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

edit: poo poo, you'd need to be world level 7 or 8, too

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ninjoatse.cx posted:

A work around is you can go to goon discord, go to #lfg, and ask to join someone's world where it's unlocked. Someone will help you. https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

edit: poo poo, you'd need to be world level 7 or 8, too

Are there different world level requirements to do bosses in other people's worlds? I'm world level 6 and have access to ruin serpent.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 6, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Are there different world level requirements to do bosses in other people's worlds? I'm world level 6 and have access to ruin serpent.

No, but you can't go to a world level that is higher than the highest you've unlocked.

So if you've unlocked WL6, you can't go to a WL7 world. But I'm pretty sure if you've unlocked WL6 and then dropped yours down to WL5, you'd still be able to enter a WL6 world.

The assumption there, I assume, is that everyone immediately goes to whatever max level, instead of just enjoying easy mode in WL6/5.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

It's also possible that the Adventurers' Guild was originally written to be Mondstadt-specific, and they ended up expanding it for gameplay purposes. That would fit with Mondstadt's identity as a more typical European fantasy kind of setting, where the other regions are less conventional.
This would also explain why the Adventurer's Guild is headquartered in Mondstadt despite the whole Katheryne's origin thing, and why their uniforms look Mondstadtian more than anything else.

Maybe we were supposed to fall in with some other organization in each country (the reputation NPCs all have different affiliations) and they just decided it'd be less weird to make the Adventurer's Guild international.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Other_Applications_of_Concresoil

Nima: I'm making some pot warriors. Adri is gonna the first and the best of them!
Nima: He is a kind warrior with a good temper. When he awakens as a pot warrior, the first thing he will do is to apologize to the grass under him.
Nima: He power is... is...
Nima: I—I haven't decided on it yet... but you'll be the first to know once I have!
Nima: After Adri is done, I'll make Ivar, his adjutant, and Lasson, his disciple.
Nima: The three of them... no, the three pot warriors... They will embark on a long, long journey...

This feels like it might be a mythology reference. Initially I figured it was just an Elden Ring joke, but the names and details are specific enough that it feels like I'm missing something. Sadly, googling Adri Ivar Lasson did not get me anything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zenostein posted:

No, but you can't go to a world level that is higher than the highest you've unlocked.

So if you've unlocked WL6, you can't go to a WL7 world. But I'm pretty sure if you've unlocked WL6 and then dropped yours down to WL5, you'd still be able to enter a WL6 world.

The assumption there, I assume, is that everyone immediately goes to whatever max level, instead of just enjoying easy mode in WL6/5.

Higher world level can go to lower world level. meaning if you need help with Oceanid or whatever, it's no problem.

If you want to fight a boss you haven't unlocked, you can do go to someone's world who does have it unlocked and fight it, but the same world restrictions apply. Anyone can drop their world level by one, which means the majority of us at WL8 can drop to WL7 for 24 hours or so and invite a WL 7 into their world to fight whatever bosses they have unlocked.

Coolness Averted posted:

No requirements other than you being able to join.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nilou+Nahida video. If you want to know how strong this comp is just imagine each core is exploding for 32000 damage (at c0r0).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/xw8067/nilou_bloom_triple_hydro_comp_nilou_kokomi/

Xingqiu good unit btw.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 6, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

Nilou+Nahida video. If you want to know how strong this comp is just imagine each core is exploding for 35000 damage (at c0r0).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/xw8067/nilou_bloom_triple_hydro_comp_nilou_kokomi/

Xingqiu good unit btw.

drat it don't make me want Nilou :argh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Harrow posted:

Better have party swap in your hotwheel forever in the overworld

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

I already do :smug:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Space Opera posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do it before finishing the quest. You might not even need the flashlight mcguffin.

You definitely don't need the flashlight mcguffin, or at least don't need it levelled enough to be able to actually do its thing. I fought the world boss one without a useful flashlight long before the plot led me to the other one, and I ended up being worse at the plot one because I wasted time trying to do the gimmick but being too far away or whatever instead of ignoring it and shielding/wailing on the boss

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tae posted:

- Sumeru designers while adding a ton of fire puzzles

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

Nilou+Nahida video. If you want to know how strong this comp is just imagine each core is exploding for 32000 damage (at c0r0).

Xingqiu good unit btw.

Harrow posted:

same, I only have so many primos

I can probably get Nahida C2 OR or Nahida C0 and Nilou C0. gently caress.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Always go for more C0s. Constellations and signature weapons don't even actually do anything, they're only worth it if you already have enough to get all the characters you want and have extra primos/:10bux:s afterwards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nahida is like the best rate up in the game at c0... I expect that I won't wish I had constellations, instead I'll wish I had two copies of her.

For the record, you can get the same single-target damage as nilou comps just by running kuki over the hydro healer and yelan over nilou. But hyperbloom is less funny and bountiful aoe is the whole fun part.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I'm not even considering Nahida constellations. She's going to be strong enough at C0.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It might come back to bite me when the reruns I'm waiting for come around, but if I lose the 50-50 on Nahida, I'll be sorely tempted to force the issue.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tae posted:

Is this some way of swapping parties without the long delay when going to the party editor?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Currently running a jank as hell overworld team of rainslasher diluc, em kuki, candace, and sick girl

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is this some way of swapping parties without the long delay when going to the party editor?

No. Putting it on the wheel on console/mobile is just the way to make it only as slow as it is on PC, instead of having to go through a menu to find the button first.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

- Sumeru designers while adding a ton of fire puzzles
One puzzle was:
Anemo to blow the sand away, dendro to restore the tri-yana seeds, electro to reveal the hidden torches, pyro to light the torches.

Would be cool if they kept region puzzles to 2-3 elements. I did a lot of Sumeru exploration with a party of electro/dendro/hydro/pyro. I haven't run into any hydro puzzles in the desert yet so maybe this region be done with electro/dendro/anemo/pyro. Unfortunately that is a particularly dogshit elemental composition. Overload and burning are reactions I never want to see. Guess it's not a big deal when Kazuha kills all enemies instantly, but I like to use other people sometimes :shobon:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sanctum posted:

One puzzle was:
Anemo to blow the sand away, dendro to restore the tri-yana seeds, electro to reveal the hidden torches, pyro to light the torches.
With my standard comp being Ayato/Kazuha/Collei/Fischl this basically meant that I was regularly throwing Amber in place of one of the last 2 (in case the torches spawned enemies and I still needed the rest of my DPS core) and then pulling her out as soon as I was done. Not optimal!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sanctum posted:

One puzzle was:

Would be cool if they kept region puzzles to 2-3 elements. I did a lot of Sumeru exploration with a party of electro/dendro/hydro/pyro. I haven't run into any hydro puzzles in the desert yet so maybe this region be done with electro/dendro/anemo/pyro. Unfortunately that is a particularly dogshit elemental composition. Overload and burning are reactions I never want to see. Guess it's not a big deal when Kazuha kills all enemies instantly, but I like to use other people sometimes :shobon:

I'm fine with puzzles asking you to swap your comp, but only if they don't have enemies pop out of the ground nearby or otherwise in the area. I remember golden apple archipelago had an annoying spot or two that had 4 elements required and enemies almost immediately after you finished the puzzle, so I had to fight a pair of wopperflowers that were 10 levels over my garbage team with bad gear.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I used to get mad when pyro was needed in 1.0 because it was further evidence of the game's anti-electro bias. Now I'm mad when pyro is needed because none of the characters you actually want to play are pyro.