Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

April 25, 2009 was my account date; I suspect this was right around one of the really big Orange Box sales. TF2 was a lot of fun back then.

This only works if your profile is public, I have an aged steam account but it shows 0 games and a $1 value when I look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Middle Earth: Shadow of War is brilliant on Deck. I never got into it on PS4 cos it ran at a disgusting 30fps but it’s so nice on deck. It’s loving huge (nearly 100gb) but it plays like a dream. It’s on sale, highly recommended.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I got my deck back in June and it took 10 days from shipping in the Netherlands to getting here to the UK. That included the four day Jubilee weekend.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Thirsty Dog posted:

It'll go to Evri/Hermes, and if you're lucky you'll get it. If you're not, you'll never see it again.

Update - I got a reply from Steam regarding my Evri delivery that got marked as 'delayed' as soon as they received the steam deck, a week ago:

Absolutely loving hopeless. It's already past 8 business days. Evri alone have had it for 7.

Just got the same message from steam. Today is the eighth day. At least it was funny that I could reply with "okay, cool, yeah. That's now and I'd like to escalate further please"

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Flint_Paper posted:

Just got the same message from steam. Today is the eighth day. At least it was funny that I could reply with "okay, cool, yeah. That's now and I'd like to escalate further please"

Aye. "This is a £500+ item and I must insist that you look into it given we can't talk to Evri directly and that you're the sender. Here's some proof saying a major event has prevented delivery, please do something about this, thanks"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

“Please stop using the company with a years long reputation for stealing packages.”

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I feel very lucky that I guess I got my Deck early enough that they used Parcel Force to deliver once it reached the UK, rather than loving Hermes.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Thirsty Dog posted:

It'll go to Evri/Hermes, and if you're lucky you'll get it. If you're not, you'll never see it again.

Update - I got a reply from Steam regarding my Evri delivery that got marked as 'delayed' as soon as they received the steam deck, a week ago:

Absolutely loving hopeless. It's already past 8 business days. Evri alone have had it for 7.

Steam Support seems to be extremely hit or miss. For every story where they sent out a free replacement when someone broke their Deck, there's a few stories like yours. I opened a ticket because my deck had a bad pixel right in the middle of the screen. I included a picture of it - black background, bright bluish pixel clearly visible. In response, I received a message that they understand I might have a bad pixel, but they couldn't see it - could I please send another picture? I added a giant loving arrow to point out the pixel and sent the same picture again. Received the standard wall of text they send out to initiate RMAs a few days later. Absolute clownery, but I guess what I want to say is: it sucks having to deal with this, but if you stay polite and persistent, chances are they'll eventually help you. Even if it's just a refund so that you can order a new one down the road when UK shipping has been unfucked (as I understand it, there's some kind of strike which is why Valve is using Evri in the first place?). The queue is virtually non-existent now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

E. Nesbit posted:

Absolutely include the power supply, the RMA docs mention it specifically.

That's silly. It's so uselessly short that I shoved it somewhere and don't remember where.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ps3 performance on this thing is both interesting and frustrating. But that said, running MK vs DC at 60fps was pretty cool lol.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Tiny Timbs posted:

That's silly. It's so uselessly short that I shoved it somewhere and don't remember where.

Steam Support posted:

5. Include the following items inside the box:
- RMA instruction sheet, bar code up.
- Steam Deck with serial number FWAA230045C9, placed inside original carrying case.
- You should only include your PSU if you are returning your device for a charging issue. Otherwise, please keep it with you.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Awesome! I'm on the fence with them as I wear glasses and don't know how hard it would be to get lenses fit, but the idea behind them sounds amazing. Definitely ony radar, just hope some online lense store starts offering prescription lenses for it.

How does it effect battery life?

Jacking into your deck with your cyber glasses. The future is here!

Would you even need glasses with these if you are nearsighted?

Nukelear v.2
Jun 25, 2004
My optional title text
If you haven't picked up Need For Speed Heat for 3bux, I recommend it for deckin'. Looks nice on the deck, good soundtrack, and has straight race or GTA cop mode for a bit of variety.

Bad: On the first open it needs an Origin login, which is of course annoying but only happens once. Whatever online servers they had are probably long gone so you'll see an occasional sync process and will need to wait for a time out.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kin posted:

Mine moved into the "given to shipping company" stage and I clicked on the tracker link.

Turns out it's starting its journey from the Netherlands. I'm in the UK so hopefully that doesn't mean weeks :(

I've not got a clue about international shipping logistics to be honest though. I've gotten a bit used to there being an Amazon distribution hub an hours drive up the road and getting almost everything same day delivery.

It seems like a total lottery regarding shipping times. I got my order email on 26 September, notified that it was ready to ship on the 28th, and it was in my hands (or rather dumped on my doorstep by my local evri courier) on the 30th

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Skeematic posted:

Ps5 remote play question -. When using chiaki to take ps5 or of standby mode, it turns on the ps5 ... But then stays on the "press the ps button" and I'm not sure if the deck can actually bypass that. Is there a way to get it just to log right in to my account?

Just as an FYI, Steam button+ Left on the DPAD is the PS Button. It's awkward as hell to hit but it works.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Dammit that 1tb SSD at Micro Center is just never going to be in stock in Dallas I guess :argh:

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

HopperUK posted:

I got my deck back in June and it took 10 days from shipping in the Netherlands to getting here to the UK. That included the four day Jubilee weekend.

Mine was delivered 2-3 weeks back. Took GLS about 4 days to get it to the UK then another 4 days to leave London.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Middle Earth: Shadow of War is brilliant on Deck. I never got into it on PS4 cos it ran at a disgusting 30fps but it’s so nice on deck. It’s loving huge (nearly 100gb) but it plays like a dream. It’s on sale, highly recommended.

It's free on Prime gaming right now.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
My deck arrived yesterday! I installed emu deck immediately and all was well until I tried to play a ps2 game. It says it can’t find the bios, even though it’s totally there! So frustrating. I’m also not very tech savvy so I guess it’s possible I did something wrong.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

The Grey posted:

Jacking into your deck with your cyber glasses. The future is here!

Would you even need glasses with these if you are nearsighted?

Yeah that is what I am wondering. I do for vr, so thinking so. Also, if you ever want to use them as ar you would need glasses anyway.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone who does ps5 streaming I highly recommend setting up chiaki4deck instead of straight up chiaki

https://github.com/streetpea/chiaki4deck

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Official Docks are up for reservation, $89.99, doesn’t seem to have any noteworthy features that are better than the aftermarket ones though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

infraboy posted:

Official Docks are up for reservation, $89.99, doesn’t seem to have any noteworthy features that are better than the aftermarket ones though.

I am cackling that it has the same bug with LG displays (that they noted in their FAQ) that I have with my Switch dock. :lol:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got the email through but it won’t let me pay for it. With my card, the screen just hangs forever. With PayPal, it just gives me “An unexpected error has occurred”. This is getting loving ridiculous

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Got the email through but it won’t let me pay for it. With my card, the screen just hangs forever. With PayPal, it just gives me “An unexpected error has occurred”. This is getting loving ridiculous

Steam is getting a bit hammered now. Probably best to wait a little bit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Steam is getting a bit hammered now. Probably best to wait a little bit.

It's kind of crazy that there is this much interest for peripheral hardware for a niche tech product. Valve finally hit big on the physical side with the deck it would seem.

At the moment the dock url (steamdeck.com/dock) just redirects to the main steamdeck page so yeah they're probably trying to manage things on their end atm.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Interesting that it comes with DisplayPort and HDMI. I assume it uses MST to support both outputs simultaneously? I might be the cheapest dock that actually does that.

I don't think I'm interested though, while DP output would be nice my Anker 555 does what I need and I actually don't like it sitting up at an angle like that.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

worms butthole guy posted:

For anyone who does ps5 streaming I highly recommend setting up chiaki4deck instead of straight up chiaki

https://github.com/streetpea/chiaki4deck

What differences make it better?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Skeematic posted:

What differences make it better?

Looks like just easier setup.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

remigious posted:

My deck arrived yesterday! I installed emu deck immediately and all was well until I tried to play a ps2 game. It says it can’t find the bios, even though it’s totally there! So frustrating. I’m also not very tech savvy so I guess it’s possible I did something wrong.

Try launching the game from within desktop mode, if it doesn’t work from there then make sure it’s in the general emudeck bios folder and not a PCSX2 specific one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Boody posted:

Been considering picking a pair of these up but haven't been able to find a definitive answer of whether they need "registered" using a compatible smartphone/device before they can be used. Can anyone confirm whether I could pick a pair up only to use with the steam deck or not?

I saw the review on Amazon stating that you need to connect it through your phone to "register" it and be able to use it on the Deck but I plugged it into my Deck immediately and it just worked. I only plugged it into my phone to update the firmware after the fact.

So I tried out Alien: Isolation last night laying down in bed in the pitch black and it looked amazing, however the Nreal Airs have an issue I noticed when in Gaming Mode, they're "capped" to 30fps, I put on the performance overlay to check my performance because AI will run at 200fps on a potato and 60 is definitely achievable on the Deck so what gives? Unplugging the glasses and yeah, the FPS shot straight up. I checked online and people have brought this to their attention on their official forums and the devs even have a Steam Deck and found the same issue and are in contact with Valve about it.

Basically the Steam Deck doesn't see the glasses as a 60fps device, outside of Desktop Mode, there's a temp fix you can do and the devs mentioned they're testing an internal firmware for the glasses that would solve the issue without having to mess with the file to get it working otherwise. As it stands though that firmware isn't out yet and they haven't said much else about it.

So big caveat emptor with that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody got Super Monkey Ball Bananamania? It’s on sale for $16.49 and seems like it’d be the perfect Deck game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's also free if you have Twitch prime right now through GoG

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Party Boat posted:

It seems like a total lottery regarding shipping times. I got my order email on 26 September, notified that it was ready to ship on the 28th, and it was in my hands (or rather dumped on my doorstep by my local evri courier) on the 30th

I mean I don't know if i'm reading it wrong or not, but it looks like I've got a Parcelforce number in amongst the references on that GLS site so, hopefully, i'm not stuck with the shady thieving company.

That being said there's been no progress since the night of the 4th when it apparently left the parcel center (in the Netherlands) and is now "on its way to the final parcel center",

I'm guessing it's in Parcelforce hands just now and they sending it from the Netherlands depot to the UK office or something.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

sigher posted:

I saw the review on Amazon stating that you need to connect it through your phone to "register" it and be able to use it on the Deck but I plugged it into my Deck immediately and it just worked. I only plugged it into my phone to update the firmware after the fact.

So I tried out Alien: Isolation last night laying down in bed in the pitch black and it looked amazing, however the Nreal Airs have an issue I noticed when in Gaming Mode, they're "capped" to 30fps, I put on the performance overlay to check my performance because AI will run at 200fps on a potato and 60 is definitely achievable on the Deck so what gives? Unplugging the glasses and yeah, the FPS shot straight up. I checked online and people have brought this to their attention on their official forums and the devs even have a Steam Deck and found the same issue and are in contact with Valve about it.

Basically the Steam Deck doesn't see the glasses as a 60fps device, outside of Desktop Mode, there's a temp fix you can do and the devs mentioned they're testing an internal firmware for the glasses that would solve the issue without having to mess with the file to get it working otherwise. As it stands though that firmware isn't out yet and they haven't said much else about it.

So big caveat emptor with that.

They say they are working on a fix, and hopefully that is out soon, but have you tried this workaround?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nreal/comments/w8h52j/a_solution_for_locked_fps_of_the_steam_deck_in

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Steam Deck must have been a big flop since you can just order one right now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Steam Deck must have been a big flop since you can just order one right now.

They did put out a tweet saying as such:

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1578089596529053696

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Valve is doomed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Interesting that the Deck Dock comes with another Deck power supply. I want the official dock (I don't like the ethernet or USB layout on the JSAUX one) but man £80 is steep, even if it's great to have DisplayPort as an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

Cowman posted:

Just as an FYI, Steam button+ Left on the DPAD is the PS Button. It's awkward as hell to hit but it works.

You can also use the ... button + Left to hit it easier. The ... button can be substituted for the Steam button in all shortcuts.

Chiaki maps the PS button to Esc by default. You can remap it to anything you want in Chiaki and bind that to a button in Steam. I just bound Esc to one of the rear buttons.