Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Invest 91 sounds like something that was advertised for sale with quicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lol that you're not using invest 91 pro

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

quote this if you want every storm to hit tampa bay

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

gonna start my own forecast model that predicts every storm hitting tampa as a cat 5

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it doesn't matter how destructive a storm is, it will never be destructive enough for me. i will always want more

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

all i want is a hypercane

is that too much to ask

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stereotype posted:

it doesn't matter how destructive a storm is, it will never be destructive enough for me. i will always want more

hurricanes problem is theyre middle of the road disasters. tornados, tsunamis, earthquakes and huge wildfires do the respective elemental destruction better for TV

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

well thats depression for you

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jetz0r posted:

quote this if you want every storm to hit tampa bay

:hai:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sanlav posted:

On the day of the storm I got a call from a client I touch computers for. They couldn't get on teams, couldn't sync onedrive. I try remoting in, no dice. She mentions there is 'a bit of weather'. She was in Venice, FL working from her summer home still at 3 in the afternoon. They didn't scare these ppl appropriately. 2 hours later her home was underwater.

Ticket closed

Resolution summary: User is now deceased and machine is a total loss. Ticket is moot.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Stereotype posted:

This except for the storm that finally kills euthanizes me. That one will be destructive enough.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

skooma512 posted:

Ticket closed

Resolution summary: User is now deceased and machine is a total loss. Ticket is moot.

Today I was perplexed trying to follow up on getting a patient for their mris after spending several hours today getting everything set up with the pacemaker. Turns out they done died like an hour ago.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Today I was perplexed trying to follow up on getting a patient for their mris after spending several hours today getting everything set up with the pacemaker. Turns out they done died like an hour ago.

always feels good to close a ticket after it resolves itself

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

A lot of the reports seem to point to many people dying with hurricane Ian rather than from hurricane ian

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

hurricanes problem is theyre middle of the road disasters. tornados, tsunamis, earthquakes and huge wildfires do the respective elemental destruction better for TV

Only the maelstroms of the cosmos itself scare the seasoned weather nerd

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

your hatred of tampa only strengthens its hurricane shield

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OK baizuo posted:

Only the maelstroms of the cosmos itself scare the seasoned weather nerd

So we talking like a cat 5 cosmic maelstrom here, or just like some wimpy tropic depression cosmic maelstrom or something?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I’ve had many discussions about the optimal time for a stroke/stemi patient to die when someone gets called in. (It is right after you clock in.)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

TehSaurus posted:

I’ve had many discussions about the optimal time for a stroke/stemi patient to die when someone gets called in. (It is right after you clock in.)

Many things infuriate me about call. Many such cases.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dr_rat posted:

So we talking like a cat 5 cosmic maelstrom here, or just like some wimpy tropic depression cosmic maelstrom or something?

Carrington Event: cosmic depression

gamma ray burst: cat 5 space storm

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

biceps crimes posted:

always feels good to close a ticket after it resolves itself

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Six days into October and still having sunny days with highs in their mid-80s in Portland. This is abnormal to say the least. I can’t think of another year where we’ve gotten this far into fall without any significant rainfall at all. Looking at the ten day forecast which yeah I know it’s looking like we could make it through the middle of October without a single drop of rain

Usually I can stop watering yard plants by mid-September

I hate it

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Six days into October and still having sunny days with highs in their mid-80s in Portland. This is abnormal to say the least. I can’t think of another year where we’ve gotten this far into fall without any significant rainfall at all. Looking at the ten day forecast which yeah I know it’s looking like we could make it through the middle of October without a single drop of rain

I hate it

yeah it's a bunch of bullshit for sure

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I hate it

Same on Vancouver Island. For the last few days the media has been hammering stories about salmon who didn't evolve legs in time to spawn. :sad:

The forecast is predicting a 60% chance of showers for Sunday, but it's done that before over the last 2 months. Is there an Edging variable in the models? If yes they need to quit playing with it.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I hate it

Shifty Nipples posted:

:agreed: it's really weird to have fall in oregon feel like texas. that weather ain't right I tell you hwat

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

:agreed: it's really weird to have fall in oregon feel like texas. that weather ain't right I tell you hwat

At least it’s not particularly humid and the mornings are overcast enough to feel barely seasonable but mostly this vv

Shifty Nipples posted:

Hexigrammus posted:

Same on Vancouver Island. For the last few days the media has been hammering stories about salmon who didn't evolve legs in time to spawn. :sad:

The forecast is predicting a 60% chance of showers for Sunday, but it's done that before over the last 2 months. Is there an Edging variable in the models? If yes they need to quit playing with it.

I saw those pictures. Terrifying. I’ve hiked in places where they spawn at the end of spawning season and seen all the dead salmon floating in the water and the birds feasting but never anywhere nearly as dense as those photos. I was hoping they’d managed to spawn before the water dried up and that there was enough moisture to keep the eggs ok but it doesn’t sound like that’s the cases :(

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Hexigrammus posted:

Check again. We had that yesterday but it's gone now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Dog Case posted:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bc-drier-mojave-desert

You could say it's been a bit dry here. Love that the leaves this year are just going straight from green to brown and crispy.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

das hipster posted:

You could say it's been a bit dry here. Love that the leaves this year are just going straight from green to brown and crispy.

It's the first time I can remember being able to rake leaves into a big crunchy pile like media tells me is a real thing instead of just being a brown wet slimy layer on the ground

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

das hipster posted:

That is the Texas experience, for sure.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Dog Case posted:

It's the first time I can remember being able to rake leaves into a big crunchy pile like media tells me is a real thing instead of just being a brown wet slimy layer on the ground

It's just not going to feel like fall without being able to shovel my leaf slime into the garbage

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TyNDhLK4ho
loving news disabling embeds

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Dog Case posted:

Environment Canada is holding firm. QUIT TEASING ME!

Listening to the radio hosts commenting about how it feels like Groundhog Day - every morning another list of temperature records broken the previous day. I'm starting to wonder if something strange is going on.

das hipster posted:

After reading "Cadillac Desert" I have to wonder if they've found a way to steal our water. Seems like a long standing tradition down there.

I collected a cubic metre of shredded maple leaves a couple of days ago. Normally by now mixed with "lawn" clippings the pile would be too hot to put your hand into comfortably. Nothing but dust this morning and the sound of crickets from the bacteria and fungi. Hang in there little guys, rain's coming (eventually).

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Aridification is the most horrible poo poo to watch happen to a forest you’ve known your whole life. Next up for the pac nw you get to watch the biggest oldest trees start to die off in drought waves as new tree eating bugs and diseases thrive. Then the massive fires and smoke come.

Buy air filters for your home and some N95s, they work great for the smoke.

You also get to watch the media fixate on the cause of each fire while calling for more police and laws to stop the sparks and they just completely ignore the forest dying

Pryor on Fire has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Oct 7, 2022

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

feel like your behind by like a decade

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ten day forecast is showing no rain through the 17th which that’s absolutely wild if it holds

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Ten day forecast is showing no rain through the 17th which that’s absolutely wild if it holds

Anywhere on earth????

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

We have evolved past the need for rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

feel like your behind by like a decade

Pretty much. The traditional Vancouver Island summer drought started lengthening ~2012 and we started getting these weird episodic monsoon rains (a.k.a. atmospheric rivers) around 2014. Cedars and Grand Fir started dying off about then and by 2017 I was cutting up dead cedar that was so dry in the middle of winter it could go straight into the woodstove. Would have needed a kiln to get it any drier.

The forests around the Salish Sea look like those pictures of dead salmon in the Neekas River, they just haven't received the same attention.

smoobles posted:

Anywhere on earth????

No, just the important part.