Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Should've been Kiss from a Rose. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's such a bad cover too

Oh yeah, I thought that was implied. Not as though the big, brassy version would make it much better

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Bad cover. Should have used the Ricky martin version since he has been uncanceled. The music makes sense knowing this is the Harley Quinn beginner mission. She is ~zany and crazy~

Edit: it being a bad cover could be an intentional joke too since Harley is discount joker seemingly

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is this a prison break led by Harley? Like she's playing it over the loudspeakers? I have a hunch this is another case of reviewers just not getting things.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If it didn't work for them in a preview session intended to create a positive outlook on the game then I'm not sure that's the journalists fault really? It comes off pretty badly in that little clip at least.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What didn't work for them? The song itself? Not knowing why it was playing? When the reviewer says they had no idea what was going on it seems like the criticism is Gotham Knights has odd covers that play at random times. I've heard two reviewers mention that song in that scene but haven't heard anything about music choices elsewhere in the game so it leads me to believe there's a specific context for this one. I watched that clip for ten seconds and Harley and the inmates mention a party and dancing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think mostly they were not expecting there to be a licensed song in the game. Also it's just a dogshit cover.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh... Let's not put Ricky Martin on a pedestal.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Even if the song itself were audible poison, this cover is worse than that, some kind of super double poison

It's like they saw how music was handled in Guardians of the Galaxy and decided to do the same thing but a million times worse

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

Even if the song itself were audible poison, this cover is worse than that, some kind of super double poison

It's like they saw how music was handled in Guardians of the Galaxy and decided to do the same thing but a million times worse

Man, one of my favorite moments in GotG is going in for a huddle and expecting a power ballad and getting Never Gonna Give You Up. :allears:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Aphrodite posted:

Eh... Let's not put Ricky Martin on a pedestal.

Claims were rescinded and charges dropped. He is uncanceled

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In what world is Harley Quinn playing a lovely cover of a lovely song not 100% in character?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Claims were rescinded and charges dropped. He is uncanceled

Oh I didn't mean that, I meant because his music sucked.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ImpAtom posted:

In what world is Harley Quinn playing a lovely cover of a lovely song not 100% in character?

Cartoon Quinn. Her music tastes are great. Hell she'll even put on some good jazz for Ivy's sake

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell she'll even put on some good jazz for Ivy's sake

No such thing!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

God, this game looks like poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they put in Kiss From A Rose then it will be the best game ever

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, everyone in Gotham is living la Vida Loca. If they're not referencing it, I'm asking "why aren't they talking about their Vida Loca?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The classic graphic novel, The Killing Vida Loca

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

To the Joker, they're just living la vida normal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

If they put in Kiss From A Rose then it will be the best game ever

https://youtu.be/JN8WD_85mjk

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I picked Arkham Knight back up after, oh, five years of not playing it?

There are four achievements left that were basically my white whale of game completion. I was extremely rusty but have been just playing the AR missions over and over and I'm happy to say that I've now acquired two of the four remaining achievements (beating Crime Alley AR with Batman, Robin, and Nightwing unharmed, and Flawless Freeflow Monarch Theater with Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman).

Now I just need to get Croc to come play and beat 50 dudes in the Endless AR predator room and I'll have checked off one of my biggest gaming wins.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

It's such a bad cover too

I didn't even mind the cover and appreciate a good needle drop, the new Saints Row had a few good ones, but the game play is so clunky looking.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So this is interesting. One of the things that people had been disappointed about with Gotham Knights is that it only supports 2-player co-op when the full team is obviously 4 Knights characters. And in the main game that is still true but they've just announced 'HEROIC ASSAULT' which is a separate game mode for 1-4 players that will launch November 29, 5+ weeks after the initial release.

quote:

What is Heroic Assault mode?
A: Heroic Assault is an upcoming gameplay mode that is separate from the main story campaign. The standalone mode supports up to four players in online co-op and provides a dedicated arena-like environment with specific objectives to complete and enemies to defeat on each floor (30 floors total).

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm cautiously optimistic with gotham knights, I don't think it's going to change the cape games landscape like the arkham games did but it looks like its gonna be a fun co-op game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Azubah posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic with gotham knights, I don't think it's going to change the cape games landscape like the arkham games did but it looks like its gonna be a fun co-op game.

For combat maybe not but the way they're implementing the semi-live crime activity is pretty cool as far as open world stuff goes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The combat is to Arkham what old Asscreed is to new.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think you have to be more specific about which AssCreed games because I can't tell quite what you're saying. There was old AssCreed that was very Arkham for example.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1581093863455719424?s=20&t=SqPnRqDDVxg5KFPqbyKaeA

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Well, that's definitely enough that I'm killing a PC preorder in case of Arkham Knight-esque port issues. Someone else can take that dive.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not really a huge deal to me in terms of graphics but it will make previous gen players feel more irritated that they're not getting a version.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think the game will be good but it will let me play as Nightwing so I'll still buy that garbage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Not really a huge deal to me in terms of graphics but it will make previous gen players feel more irritated that they're not getting a version.

I guess I'm confused why it would. Isn't the issue with the current gen stuff which means last gen would be a Cyberpunk situation?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I'm confused why it would. Isn't the issue with the current gen stuff which means last gen would be a Cyberpunk situation?

If I were a PS4 owner I'd be wondering what it is about the game that it needs the PS5 to work. Is it the size of the world? The complexity of the crime activity going on? "Untethered experience" doesn't tell me much because that describes other multiplayer games as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The game is so next gen not even the PS5 can run it at 60

This thing was developed for the PS6

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, I can say one thing about GK.

The Snagglepuss comic is canon to it.

Lobok posted:

If I were a PS4 owner I'd be wondering what it is about the game that it needs the PS5 to work. Is it the size of the world? The complexity of the crime activity going on? "Untethered experience" doesn't tell me much because that describes other multiplayer games as well.

It's a big fancy new game with lots of lighting effects. Same reason as anything else.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

The game is so next gen not even the PS5 can run it at 60

This thing was developed for the PS6

Neat I'll wait for the inevitable remaster and get it next gen.

(Who am I kidding? I'll play it when it's free on GamePass or PS++++)

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Well, I can say one thing about GK.

The Snagglepuss comic is canon to it.

The one where Snagglepuss is a gay playwright in the 50s?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Wasn't planning on getting Gotham Knights, but the deluxe edition is tempting me to play as a Jim Lee costumed Batgirl with a Zur-En-Arrh color scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

The one where Snagglepuss is a gay playwright in the 50s?

Yes.