Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
"You could call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean a good start" :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
DO THE RIGHT THING

Keep this dangerously insane person very rich

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
how much longer does this dope get, good lord

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hasn’t he been threatened with sanctions for saying the families are just in it for the money already? Slimeball swinging for the fences.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

how much longer does this dope get, good lord

Up to two hours from when he started

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I don't know when he started and I thought he's been going on for well over an hour.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He estimated he would be done around 1:00

Zamujasa posted:

I don't know when he started and I thought he's been going on for well over an hour.

He started exactly at 12:00

red19fire
May 26, 2010

‘They were having a memorial service in this courtroom that they couldn’t have in 2012’ holy gently caress

E: god drat finally some objections.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What a loving rear end in a top hat

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

SalTheBard posted:

What a loving rear end in a top hat

red19fire
May 26, 2010

God drat what a piece of poo poo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LMAO at pattis making jones out to be the real victim, while these families have to watch. It's so stupid.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Just like Alex, he focuses on like one sentence out of hours of testimony.

E: Pattis is now also the victim because the plaintiffs poo poo all over him in court. Judge stepping in lol. gently caress you Pattis.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
"I'll move on."

"NO. Stop."

ETA: "It's not as though Alex Jones never came to trial." What do you want, Pattis, a loving participation trophy?

Rampant Dwickery fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 6, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

pattis got a final warning on attacking the plaintiff's reps.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

lol at pattis having to skip apparent ***paragraphs*** of attacking lawyers

red19fire
May 26, 2010

They never asked Alex about his operating costs. Objection sustained.

E: once more, ‘I’m not allowed to continue my defense of mr jones because of the court rules.’ Still trying to go for it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

pattis really trying to drive home that tons of people follow jones, in some kind of attempt to normalize what he's saying...which I don't think would have a beneficial effect in this case because that's the whole problem, his reach.

DAVID MUSTY ANN

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

So Elizabeth Williamson has brought up that Norm has had longstanding problems with the Koskoff firm. Anyone have context on that?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

jesus christ they are ruining brave new world for me.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The families didn’t get together to sue Alex until 2018. God drat Pattis should be disbarred.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, at least he didn't end on the Holocaust Poem.

...He just started his defense with it.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
...appealing to the christofascist majority. Interesting.

And horribly unethical.

He's getting fined for this.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Did he just loving advertise for himself?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Well that was horrible. I appreciate his prayer to the jury... at this point its all he has really.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
One can only hope this ghoul's "end" in the courtroom is expedited with a license renovation and sanctions equivalent to "literally all of the money."

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

That was more than a bit repugnant

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I'm trying my best to not be a completely unfair to Pattis given his job is to be a defense attorney to man who does him zero favors, but my god did he makes some weird comments. Such as after the shooting his first thought being "about his client charged with murder" or the weird pinball comment in relation to the jury. There had to be a better way to handle it!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

‘I don’t even know what to say, attorney Pattis.’ As he closes his remarks.

Sanction him, come on.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Paging Mr.Nice to the thread for a lawyer-pinion if possible lol

I bet he's off ~doing his job~ or something :rolleyes:

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Rampant Dwickery posted:

One can only hope this ghoul's "end" in the courtroom is expedited with a license renovation and sanctions equivalent to "literally all of the money."

That's the best case scenario. The jury and the people in that courtroom want him dead from the body language he was giving off. It's...Okay. He said the "Only award them $1. Each" early in his closing argument. And then took a fuckton of time later on as it nearly winded down trying to downplay the concept of 1500 days worth of damages for 15 families, and did some incredibly bullshit math that didn't check out.

Jones made 9.2 billion from social media alone. No numbers for FSS.

This is going to be an absolutely -massive- fee because of that train of thought he brought the jury down.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

OneMoreTime posted:

I'm trying my best to not be a completely unfair to Pattis given his job is to be a defense attorney to man who does him zero favors, but my god did he makes some weird comments. Such as after the shooting his first thought being "about his client charged with murder" or the weird pinball comment in relation to the jury. There had to be a better way to handle it!

I don't have the links handy but people earlier in the thread had videos and stuff to confirm that Pattis is just a lovely human being even ignoring any aspect of his lawyer work, so feel free to be completely unfair to him, he worked hard to deserve it

EDIT: Something I've been wondering about, the Jury decides damages, yeah? What happens if they come back and say something like, "we find Jones so impossibly guilty that we award the defendants 600 billion dollars each." Does the Judge adjust that down to the amount of money Jones is known to have at time of sentencing? Do the defendants just get carte blanche to take anything the bankruptcy courts can wring out for the next ten years? Does Jones go to Forever Jail?

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 6, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
$1 per view per instance per claimant.

He's watched by 10% of the English speaking world so that should add up fast.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

lol that someone put this poo poo on a website to possibly downplay his net worth:

dude has wayyyyyy too much money, like a quarter billion, at his disposal.

oh here's another one, lol wealth gorilla:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Serious question for those familiar with the court system: if you’re a lawyer and you’ve been working with a client who seems reasonable, but in the court room suddenly becomes a meth-fueled chimpanzee with vise-grips clamped on to its balls, what can you do to not end up with the judge ripping you to shreds? Can you approach the bench and tell the judge that your client has lost their mind and that you have no ability to control it?

Man I’d be terrified of having someone come in with a tough case and do a lot of preparation and arguments only to see the client hold an impromptu press conference outside the courtroom calling the judge a Zionist lizard-woman bent on enslaving kids and then call the jurors a bunch of corrupt people paid off to be part of the system.

Jones’s lawyers are complete morons though so lol at them for being that fuckin’ stupid.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They can't claim it happened mid trial, they took the client knowing who and what he is.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

funeral home DJ posted:

Serious question for those familiar with the court system: if you’re a lawyer and you’ve been working with a client who seems reasonable, but in the court room suddenly becomes a meth-fueled chimpanzee with vise-grips clamped on to its balls, what can you do to not end up with the judge ripping you to shreds? Can you approach the bench and tell the judge that your client has lost their mind and that you have no ability to control it?

Man I’d be terrified of having someone come in with a tough case and do a lot of preparation and arguments only to see the client hold an impromptu press conference outside the courtroom calling the judge a Zionist lizard-woman bent on enslaving kids and then call the jurors a bunch of corrupt people paid off to be part of the system.

Jones’s lawyers are complete morons though so lol at them for being that fuckin’ stupid.

i mean you'd have to be pretty fuckin stupid to think that alex jones was somehow not going to get all alex jonesy in court

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Traveling across my country today so I'm not able to watch/listen to this today. Hope Pattis is looking like an idiot.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 6, 2022

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

lol that someone put this poo poo on a website to possibly downplay his net worth:

dude has wayyyyyy too much money, like a quarter billion, at his disposal.

AHAHAHA that is loving rich. His money is being constantly moved around shell companies as was pointed out earlier in this trial, and he still has a BTC/Crypto wallet that has yet to be audited. If we could get a person on that, it would be wonderful, because his "DONATE TO INFOWARS WITH BITCOIN" links to his personal wallet.

Layers of obfuscation won't save Jones because the bankruptcy he's claiming has jack and poo poo to do with just how much the jury/judge can fine this lying sack of human filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

funeral home DJ posted:

Yeah, they knew who they were taking on.

Not a lawyer, but AFAIK in a more sane case/trial, if a client were to suddenly lose their minds and go Alex Jones, counsel could file a Motion to Withdraw, which is basically them pulling the ejection handle.

The judge doesn't have to grant it, mind.